• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 'reviving Sonic boards thread'-turning a new leaf

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Man... lurk, seriously, just lurk. Only lurk and lurk until the next Smash game comes out. >_<
I know that's what I've been doing and I think the next smash game will probably come out in a few years and remember how long it took for brawl to come out.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Apparently a morale thread is needed to be discussed but the needs for it, at least in my eyes, remains very minimal. To me it seems a fast tracked route to allowing spam back into a thread...and thus....the whole board eventually. But we'll see...

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Apparently a morale thread is needed to be discussed but the needs for it, at least in my eyes, remains very minimal. To me it seems a fast tracked route to allowing spam back into a thread...and thus....the whole board eventually. But we'll see...
Yo greenstreet, character match-ups man. We already decided on Fox. :O

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Are you a link main now? :( betrayal. Besides, what're we supposed to talk about? It's reforming the Sonic boards, we're talking about sonic players. Somewhat on topic eh? :p
How are we off topic were talking about Sonic and why are you a Link main? :confused:
No. Think of him as Melee Link. I still main Sonic in SSBB.

Who ever makes it should put warnings and all that.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
No. Think of him as Melee Link. I still main Sonic in SSBB.

Who ever makes it should put warnings and all that.
Lol, we might need it soon. But yeah, warnings are needed.
Oh, and to copy Chis a bit:
Post #666.
Awesome.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
So does anyone have any more ideas for the mentioned proposals from the fountain of creativity called the sonic boards?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Do that, and you'll get the same thing that Boxob and CITH got, and trust me, I didn't report those two, but I'm not afraid to make an exception now...

Edit: That, or you had better be joking.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I know that, and besides, resourceful thread bumps aren't so much necromancing as it is reviving, like this one.

Edit: "And what we have here is a failure to communicate!" Tauren, Warcraft III

That was actually directed towards Halloween, and I assumed he made a threat to bump old threads, in which he was actually responding to you when you made the post in this thread.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Actually, I wasn't sure if I was serious or joking when I wrote that. :laugh:

If you were to check my recent posts, that wasn't the only thread older than dirt I revived for some reason or another. Most of them though were A LOT better than the Sonic one.

Incidently, I just bumped a good one on the Sonic boards.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Actually, I wasn't sure if I was serious or joking when I wrote that. :laugh:

If you were to check my recent posts, that wasn't the only thread older than dirt I revived for some reason or another. Most of them though were A LOT better than the Sonic one.

Incidently, I just bumped a good one on the Sonic boards.
Strangely enough, after reading through that thread, I re-realized that memphis is banned D:

It was good for its time, but there's still more that can be done.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
You're the first person to notice that, Chis. Congrats!

And Kinzer, a guide to bumping old threads actually sounds like a good idea...

I'll be in Brawl general discussion making that.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
A guide...to bumping old threads...are you serious...?

It's only common sense! Let the threads that no longer matter die!

I mean whoop-de-doo, "Sonic is in Brawl!!". This might've been awesome to make a thread about this during the time, but now that's all gone and flown by, there's no reason to keep it anymore, it should stay dead!

Some things with spam threads or threads with pointless subjects should fall into the same category as well! They serve no purpose, not now, not back when it was made, not ever will it come to suffice! One more type of thread that should never be bumped are the ones that were useful but are now outdated. Somewhere on this board might be a guide somebody had made for Sonic back in April or something, but now that we have newer guides with more information, as well more accurate information, replace the old guide!

Here's where "smart" thread bumping comes into play.

Let's say there's an old thread that has some useful information in it, and nobody has yet to make something new or the information still applies, that should be bumped to the first page. Something else that could deserve bumps is threads out there that deserve stickies yet aren't. Take Greenstreets Sonic Matchup guide for example. Now that it has been revived, if it isn't going to be stickied, it should at least be kept on this the headliners at worst.

*Sigh* I hope reading that got you some sense, I mean c'mon, everybody should know this... I'm not going to mention anymore specifics...

Tenki

Smash Hero
Actually, that thread he bumped had some useful stuff on it.

That's where the 'KID combo' (throw DI trap?) surfaced, even though noone else really uses it, and memphis had some nice input there. Then speculation on Umby's friend who could allegedly instant grab break.

But still, it didn't have TOO much information to the point that it was like 'hay, this looks cool, I should bump it'.

;/

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Actually, that thread he bumped had some useful stuff on it.

That's where the 'KID combo' (throw DI trap?) surfaced, even though noone else really uses it, and memphis had some nice input there. Then speculation on Umby's friend who could allegedly instant grab break.

But still, it didn't have TOO much information to the point that it was like 'hay, this looks cool, I should bump it'.

;/
Maybe you're right.

Tenki

Smash Hero
A thread that makes players better.

And a spam thread. But that makes Nunnally sad and shoot nukes at people.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Ok what type of thread does the Sonic boards need then?
A "No Steak Allowed!" Tactics discussion, where spamming gets you double infractions. The main issue is people like me who can't seriously focus for long periods of time and write spam or do kinda odd things out of boredom or tiredness. The Sonic boards need a "Zero-Spam" thread devoted solely to tactics.

Top Bottom