• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 'reviving Sonic boards thread'-turning a new leaf

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Flame

People who believe they're better then everyone else until they prove otherwise.

Show arrogant and other offence/distasteful personalities and attitudes shown through their posts.

Trolls.

Idiots like this one:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=198587&page=2 (Yab)

Not people how may seem like rookies but wanted to improve and contribute anyways.

If you keep people they wont come back.

Aren't the people in orange worst then the people in blue?
Bringing this back up.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Flame

People who believe they're better then everyone else until they prove otherwise.

Show arrogant and other offence/distasteful personalities and attitudes shown through their posts.

Trolls.

Idiots like this one:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=198587&page=2 (Yab)
Not people how may seem like rookies but wanted to improve and contribute anyways.

If you keep people they wont come back.

Aren't the people in orange worst then the people in blue?
Bringing this back up.
I'm not sure what you're implying from the example.
Are you saying that Yab was a troll, or what?

Izzy made a joke thread about the 'smash cancel', and Yab ruined the joke by copying down his (locked) thread with the 'original' info on allisbrawl.

Half the people flamed him because they thought he was trying to say that it was an AT, and the other half flamed him for ruining the joke lol.

Dawg that easy. Lurkers, noobs, and random scrubs :)
nooo, not really. Recently, I've been doing the attacking.
Subtle sometimes, more straightforward other times.

Basically, this:

We don't trash on new members. We trash on idiots.
If the guy has a change of heart mind and suddenly realizes that he's far behind in the understanding of metagames, as I did when I started playing Brawl, then starts reading around and asks for help understanding things (pertaining to actual gameplay, not "if Sonic jabs against Ike F-smash, who will get more damage?"), then we'll gladly help.

People did 'first post' searches on me before, and they were like "wtf!? he made 'intelligent posts' when he first started joining SWF?!" (lol, first post was clarifying something on the Charizard guide).

Hey, I made noobish posts, too, but the majority of the time, I at least made an effort to try to catch up to the current understanding of things.

I think if you use up-aerial often (so that it loses alot of knockback), it has pretty good combo potential. I saw a video of a Ganondorf juggling someone with u-air - double jump -u-air. Looks nice.

Personally, I like using N-air against people who are expecting slower moves from Ganondorf. It whips out pretty suddenly, so the first hit can catch people off guard. Unfortunately, it usually knocks people out of range from the 2nd kick... maybe spamming it might make the knockback low enough to make it useful, but I haven't tried that yet =/

I like d-air but I'd really rather save it for when the opponent is 60-70%+ so it can either bounce a grounded opponent to a flying death or to meteor people off-stage.

I don't use the side-airs much at all though. F-air (without stale-move effect- NOT SPAMMED) has pretty good knockback, so I'd rather save it for higher % or off-level hits.

they're all pretty good (though i personally don't b-air much).. but imho your moves should be carefully used around the stale-move effect: have a group of attacks that you'd rather use for combos/damage and save specific moves for KO's - both for ground and aerial attacks ;p
Ganondorf's U-air? Combo potential? BARLW?

pshh. But I totally made up for it by alluding to stale moves. lol.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I meant idiot. The only reason he joined was for that thread. The reason why he's an idiot is because he started flaming people even after we told him it was a joke.

And what's your definition of 'idiots'?

R4ZE

Smash Ace
The only reasons the boards are bad, is because all we talk about is how bad it is.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Meh, the boards were kinda deadish due to the masslock and the bans/people leaving.
Like, "oh nooo Sonic boards have to be seriuz bizniz now D:"

Now we have a new Damocles and KASR returned, so it kind of balanced out.

Don't really need much atm in terms of 'new hierarchy'.

lol.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
We need to move on and stop flaming noobs, spammers, and just give them a link to thread explaning everything (remember the Link boards).

Tenki

Smash Hero
We need to move on and stop flaming noobs, spammers, and just give them a link to thread explaning everything (remember the Link boards).
We gave you links, and we have a thread for you.

Stay there and incubate until you grow into a competent player.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
We gave you links, and we have a thread for you.

Stay there and incubate until you grow into a competent player.
Actually I'am the type of player that get better by brawling so with that said will you brawl me Tenki? and by the way if you do you'll have to wait Boxob whats to brawl me first.

Tenki

Smash Hero
The reason I'm frustrated with you might be because of that. We have informational guides and threads where you can ask things without looking like a total newbie, instead of making a fool of yourself and posting in an actual discussion where things are taken more seriously by revealing how little you know about the metagame.

So if you don't read threads, and you don't have anyone to brawl with, how are you getting better?

Also, our challenge was made long before Boxob.

edit:

Tenki

Smash Hero
Whaaat. I challenged you forever agooo

so yeah, I've accepted long before you asked.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
You know what I consider Tenki vs SonicX580 as?

....a sporting event greater than the World Cup, World Series and World War II combined.

Pick the movie!?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Somebody go in their matches and record it, I want to make a bet with my A1 Steaksauce.

Top Bottom