• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

Blackadder

Smash Master
Hmm, my post can be interpreted the wrong way. So let me correct myself. I don't have brawl yet. I meant, my games play in 60Hz while using a scart cable. I have yet to test Brawl myself as I am still (eager and impatiently) awaiting its arrival :)
Woah, wait, you need a TV that runs 60 HZ?
Ugh. :(

I knew there was a catch SOMEWHERE in this.

craiigg

Smash Lord
Holy ****, got my freeloader and Brawl today...

DRE, and i've already cleaned my wii so it must not be able to read Dual Layer discs.
Urgh, back to playing Japanese I guess =/ until i get it fixed that is.

kereo

Smash Cadet
Oh man, my mom just called, Brawl has arrived :D
For anyone wondering, I ordered from 365games on monday evening.
So, I'll be eating some lunch, and then head over there!

Defrosting my bread has never seemed to take so long...

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Yeah, that's almost all I consider it. A substitute for PAL's horrible wait.

As soon as another big game is released, I'll get it updated. Or a game that won't likely get a PAL release, like Tales of Symphonia 2.

EDIT: I'm surprised there are still people on the planet with TVs which can't run 60Hz...

Influenssa

Smash Cadet
Sortof, but my scart plug has those 3 little plugs in it, a yellow for video, and a red and white for audio. RGB I believe? But its still going through the scart extension of the TV ofcourse.
Actually that's the composite/RCA cable. RGB cable doesn't have those plugs for video and audio and you'll get a bit better picture with it.

E: And I didn't get my Brawl nor the Freeloader today. :(

Killer91

Smash Rookie
I got Brawl and Freeloader a couple of days now, and it just won't work..
Got V3.2E. Can put in freeloader, nothing happens.
When I put Brawl in, nothing happens. He can't read the disc..

I bought a cleaning disc to clean the lens.. but still he can't read it..

At a friends house, freeloader works good, and his own brawl gives black/white TV..
And my Brawl doesnt work either at his house..

And HIS brawl doesnt work on my wii either, but it works on his own one though.. :\

Anyone got some idea's to solve this? Is it just a defect brawl disc?

Andromeda

Smash Lord
I got Brawl and Freeloader a couple of days now, and it just won't work..
Got V3.2E. Can put in freeloader, nothing happens.
When I put Brawl in, nothing happens. He can't read the disc..

I bought a cleaning disc to clean the lens.. but still he can't read it..

At a friends house, freeloader works good, and his own brawl gives black/white TV..
And my Brawl doesnt work either at his house..

And HIS brawl doesnt work on my wii either, but it works on his own one though.. :\

Anyone got some idea's to solve this? Is it just a defect brawl disc?
Did you insert the Freeloader twice first? Did you run the update from the Brawl disc?

Rhys21

Smash Rookie
I got the game I'm so excited I load up everything seems fine but NOOOOOOOOO
The screen has a horrible reddish tint and I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done to fix it.
The screen is set to 60hz, I'm using an official RGB cable anybody have a possible solution.
Please I'm desperate.

Killer91

Smash Rookie
I found out something new...
My Wii doesnt even read the SSBB disc.. some other discs he does read, but not the SSBB disc (the disc doesnt spin around)..

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, finally got my Freeloader yesterday and played Brawl for a solid 15 hours now. Had some trouble with my RGB cable which doesn't seem to work on an NTSC game. But I simply switched to my old composite cables for now which works fine, if a bit grainy. Also played some "With Anyone" matches today which worked surprisingly well actually. Only got DC'd once and lag wasn't even that bad apart from a few isolated moments.

If any of you guys wants to play some matches feel free to send me a PM or something.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
My Freeloader is on it's way, but I've still not ordered Brawl. I think I should buy it from VG+ just to get it faster, even if it's cheaper on play-asia.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Bought 2 Freeloaders today in a local gamestore(yes, you read it right, a store in sweden...).Too bad I've yet to get original US-Brawl, the single layer brawl teases me now(didn't work with FL) XD

CatFreeeek

Smash Cadet
OMG sorry I havent posted 4 a few days Ive been...huh...playin brawl and since I took the day off 2 wait 4 the Wii Freeloader Im now behined wiv my coursework lol. Brawl works fine, Ive had no probs though like some1 else mentioned my wii does make loud noises wen loading sumtimes. Has any1 that gots Brawl been able 2 hav any online fights at all? Wen I tried no1 was there & I got cut off.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Hey I think I might know why some people can't find people on Random matches. It works perfect for me when no one else is using the Internet connection. Example someone using the Computer browsing sites. If someone is doing that with my internet connection I can't find ANYONE and a minute or 2 in practice stage I get disconnected from it.

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
My first tip would be to check signal strength. If your Wii is far away from your router try moving it closer, preferably in the same room. Or else get the wired LAN adapter for the Wii. beyond that it's just normal connection issues. Like how fast your connection is, how much other stuff is going on, how many people are online at your ISP. It could also be your routers settings (port forwarding and such) although it seems Wifi doesn't really require a lot of setup, so it kind of depends on the kind of router you use. Your best guess is to try playing outside of peek hours with nothing else running on your network. Of course it could also just be your opponents or the general Nintendo network lagging, in that case there's not much you can do.

And I already added your before I even posted that Ed, now add me back! FC is in my profile.

cr00mz

Smash Cadet
Holy ****, got my freeloader and Brawl today...

DRE, and i've already cleaned my wii so it must not be able to read Dual Layer discs.
Urgh, back to playing Japanese I guess =/ until i get it fixed that is.
isnt the japanese one on a DL?

and also some people mentioned heir wii's dont read DL discs, could that be very early wii's like from release december 2006 they are not compatibal? or you just have bad luck?

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Wait... craiig, do you play the japanese version as well? Do you play it on the same Wii that you tried to play US Brawl on? If you do, you must have Wiikey, right? And US Brawl won't work with Wii's with Wiikey.

Just a thought.

Val0r

Smash Rookie
Eeep... Was hoping Play-asia would deliver Brawl today, but no dice.
So I rang the depot... fingers crossed it is waiting to be delivered and I can collect it....

Stupid Northern Ireland....

Influenssa

Smash Cadet
My finnish friend got his Freeloader yesterday and it was shipped on monday. My Freeloader shipped on last friday but didn't get it today. WTF? Codejunkies really sucks. Well it's not that horrible because Brawl didn't arrive either. It's going to be a long and boring weekend.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Glad to see more and more people are finally getting copies.

Anyone wanna exchange Friend Code's? =]

craiigg

Smash Lord
Wait... craiig, do you play the japanese version as well? Do you play it on the same Wii that you tried to play US Brawl on? If you do, you must have Wiikey, right? And US Brawl won't work with Wii's with Wiikey.

Just a thought.
I don't personally have Japanese brawl, my friend does so i mean back to playing that with him lol

xD

Jonkenden

Smash Cadet
For the people having color issues on their games, I think it is down to your cables that connect to the tv. Either you don't have the proper ones "RGB cables IIRC" or the tv doesn't support it properly. Could also be something in the tv or the cables being a bit damaged so it doesn't connect properly, also try switching the channels back and forth once. Sometimes it fixes minor issues.

Sorry if that doesn't help.

And I got my freeloader, but brawl was shipped today so not expecting it until earliest next week. And I got my freeloader from www.webhallen.com.

Toshen

Smash Apprentice
So has anyone with a Wii from 2006 actually managed to run the game, i already preordered a freeloader + brawl but my Wii just happens to be from 2006 and some people already claimed that it wouldn't work on them :dizzy:

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
I'm wondering about too. I bought my Wii fairly quickly after release, is it those that don't work? :o

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
Anyone without a freeloader/brawl and live near the metrocentre, go to Maughan Micro computers if you want it. It's like £40 w/freeloader and they have PLENTY of stock.

Top Bottom