• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

kereo

Smash Cadet
Ok, I'll be putting up my brawl code tomorow or something, send me a message on msn at ferdy_hoefakker@hotmail.com or a PM with the forums to make me add you :)

Also, someone asked about launch Wii's. I got mine about 2 weeks after initial release cause mine was backordered. Wasn't a single Wii to be had on launch if you hadn't pre-orderd WAAY in advance. In anycase, its working fine for me :)

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Nice match against Toast. (you was quite predicable after a bit for me to use lucarios b+down XD)

Also that person that joined named TETRA are they a member here?

cr00mz

Smash Cadet
if i get this, imported version will there be a reason to get the original EU version aswell? (except for the disc swapping) I wanna try it but i dont feel like paying another €40 to get a non-disc-swapping version. So the question is, will i be at a disadvantage of any kind if i use the imported one vs non-imported one (except for the obivious no freeloader-need-thingy) both games are in english so its not like comparing to the the japanese version, and i also assume my wii wont blow up if i play the ntsc version too much

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Xtreme: Are you working on a wireless connection that's far away?
The battles have begun to get laggy =S

Influenssa

Smash Cadet
if i get this, imported version will there be a reason to get the original EU version aswell? (except for the disc swapping)
Well the EU version will have much less lag in the online play. Not really any other significant differences in the two versions. But the US version has terrible lag cause the servers are in the US. Propably there will be some bug fixes too and maybe minor tweaking in the European version, just like in Melee.

I personally will buy the euro version too. Lag free online is enough for me to go and buy it.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Okay, so, my TV SHOULD be able to handle 60 HZ. If it doesn't, my more modern (But smaller screened..) TV will be able to do so fine.

Just uh.. (noobish) how do I actually set it onto 60 HZ?

Fedule

Smash Rookie
Argh, the wait is killing me. KILLING ME.

Brawl and Freeloader shipped (in one package) on Thursday, so it would be arriving on Monday... except... I live in Ireland, where St. Paddy's is a public holiday.

BAD. TIMING.

_Slick_

Smash Ace
Ah, thanks. Would've taken me a while to figure that one out. :bee:
Cheers!

*Waits for Brawl*
Hahaha, no problem.

Someone should make a PAL Brawl friend-finder or something, so it'll be easier to find friends that are PAL Gamers (Suggestion made because many people are using this thread).

Argh, the wait is killing me. KILLING ME.

Brawl and Freeloader shipped (in one package) on Thursday, so it would be arriving on Monday... except... I live in Ireland, where St. Paddy's is a public holiday.

BAD. TIMING.
Tough blow. Mine should come Monday or Tuesday. And of course St. Patrick's isn't a holiday here.

I'm inviting my friend over next week-end to play Brawl and that's probably what we'll do for like 8 hours. Just play. And eat. Should be good.

Rhys21

Smash Rookie
****ETY ****ING **** ****ERSON
I had my composite cable posted to me in the hope that it would fix the picture but now instead of a reddish tinit its decided to display in B/W. Honestly this is so ****ing anoying, anyone know why both an RGB and a composite cable wouldn't work the tv displays 60hz so whats the problem.
ARGHHHHHHHHH

Goronsan

Smash Cadet
Dang guys that was some nice matches yesterday , even though it was my first day of brawl :p And Toast , love your Zelda. Its really nice how you take advantage of the buffed moves , too bad about the lag though =/Dont think my Nair wouldve hit you if we played with no lag. Hopefully we can play a lagfree game someday :)

And who was that pit? I got really annoyed with that >b all the time XD

Lant

Smash Journeyman
Feel free to add me, Friend/Wii codes are to the left.

Also, I've not really been having any lag at all.

cr00mz

Smash Cadet
Well the EU version will have much less lag in the online play. Not really any other significant differences in the two versions. But the US version has terrible lag cause the servers are in the US. Propably there will be some bug fixes too and maybe minor tweaking in the European version, just like in Melee.

I personally will buy the euro version too. Lag free online is enough for me to go and buy it.
the lag you get must be that only the american servers are up, hopefully when Eu gets released you will be able to play with a american game on eu servers. i wouldnt think that the different games have different servers

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
the lag you get must be that only the american servers are up, hopefully when Eu gets released you will be able to play with a american game on eu servers. i wouldnt think that the different games have different servers
Actually I can't come up with anyway they could have same servers on different versions, if they fix some glitches for the PAL version that the NTCS has, then what happens when playing online PAL vs. NTSC and the american player uses those glithces?

That, is however only the issue if they fix any glitches between american/european releases.

Goronsan

Smash Cadet
Actually I can't come up with anyway they could have same servers on different versions, if they fix some glitches for the PAL version that the NTCS has, then what happens when playing online PAL vs. NTSC and the american player uses those glithces?

That, is however only the issue if they fix any glitches between american/european releases.
I though it was p2p connection ?!

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
i have no idea about the connection, if it's p2p im sure there would be VERY little lag for those with broadband. I seem to have mostly quite lag-free matches.

Zelda_Shiek

Smash Rookie
Right, I have read this thread (once every two pages, I couldn't stomach all 100 odd pages) and I can't find an answer to my question.

I've got my freeloader (actually, I have two, my brother ordered one) and my copy of Smash Bros came today. I set my TV display to 60hz, and followed the instructions. I put the freeloader in twice, and then Smash Bros Brawl and...nothing. I just got an "error reading disc" message. I've tried all sorts, doing it on the main menu, disc menu, switching between the two and...nothing.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and managed to fix it, because if I have to look at Smash Bros Brawl one more time and not be able to play on it I might cry...or something.

Thanks very much.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Right, I have read this thread (once every two pages, I couldn't stomach all 100 odd pages) and I can't find an answer to my question.

I've got my freeloader (actually, I have two, my brother ordered one) and my copy of Smash Bros came today. I set my TV display to 60hz, and followed the instructions. I put the freeloader in twice, and then Smash Bros Brawl and...nothing. I just got an "error reading disc" message. I've tried all sorts, doing it on the main menu, disc menu, switching between the two and...nothing.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and managed to fix it, because if I have to look at Smash Bros Brawl one more time and not be able to play on it I might cry...or something.

Thanks very much.
Considering that was your first post on smashboards, you can't have asked that question before. Maybe someone else has.. oh well.

did you run the update on the Brawl-disc? You won't get bricked for doing it. Have you set your Wii to 60 Hz as well? Are you sure your TV can handle the NTSC format?

Zelda_Shiek

Smash Rookie
Did you run the update on the Brawl-disc? You won't get bricked for doing it. Have you set your Wii to 60 Hz as well? Are you sure your TV can handle the NTSC format?
No, what happens when I put in Smash Bros is just...nothing. Basically the same as if I haven't put the freeloader in at all, I don't get a chance to install the uupdate because the option doesn't appear. The TV and the Wii are on 60hz, and My TV can handle NTSC, it's definatley not a problem with the TV.

Hope this helps.

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
If he's getting a disc read error when putting in Brawl, then it has nothing to do with his display. In that case, he'd be able to start the game, it'd just look messed up or not be visible at all. So either your Freeloader won't function properly with your Wii (unheard of so far...what firmware do you have? You should have 3.2E), or your disc lens or whatever is too dusty to read the disc, which is the problem most people are having that is causing DREs. The solution is getting canned air and spraying some in there in the Wii...I don't know too much about that particular task...

Zelda_Shiek

Smash Rookie
If he's getting a disc read error when putting in Brawl, then it has nothing to do with his display. In that case, he'd be able to start the game, it'd just look messed up or not be visible at all. So either your Freeloader won't function properly with your Wii (unheard of so far...what firmware do you have? You should have 3.2E), or your disc lens or whatever is too dusty to read the disc, which is the problem most people are having that is causing DREs. The solution is getting canned air and spraying some in there in the Wii...I don't know too much about that particular task...
Me and my brother are sort of tackling this problem as a duo (yes, we're sad like that), he's gone to town to find some canned air, and I'm sat here at the computer trying to find a solution, which at the moment, canned air seems to be. I have 3.2E, and i've had a Wii since release, so dust is a likely problem.

If un-dusting it works, i'll let you know so you could add it to the FAQ at the beginning.

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
Got the game and it works. =D

Anyone feel like adding me and having a few games?

I need something to cure this horrendous hangover. :\

Mabye a skilled game of smash would take my mind off of it.

AerionTOFAST4U

Smash Apprentice
No, what happens when I put in Smash Bros is just...nothing. Basically the same as if I haven't put the freeloader in at all, I don't get a chance to install the uupdate because the option doesn't appear. The TV and the Wii are on 60hz, and My TV can handle NTSC, it's definatley not a problem with the TV.

Hope this helps.

Ahh I know the problem mate :) Brawl is the first game to use dual layer..which means..it's really sensitive..you'll jave to clean your wii lens..it's DRE. You'll have to open your Wii and clean the lens with something like Wool or buy canned air (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canned_air) and spray it into your wii without opening it..but it's not 100% with the canned air so I wouldn't guarantee it will work

Hope this helped :)

Retman_Brawl

Smash Rookie
Thanks for this guide. I've got a Wii Freeloader right here in my hand but no Brawl. I really wish brawl would come soon. it got shipped from play asia on the 12th.

Zelda_Shiek

Smash Rookie
Right, turns out that cleaning your Wii Lens is nigh impossible and I dont want to wreck my console, where's the address where I tell nintendo that my wii lens is bust?

kereo

Smash Cadet
NOOOOO. I just got home again, and the tv at my home displays it in black and white :(
AARGH.

How did you guys fix it? I already played with the settings, and I'll be checking some more stuff later, but yeah...

I am connecting to my tv with this:

http://images.tomshardware.com/2005/11/23/pc_interfaces_101/cinch-stecker-ge-ro-sw.jpg

plugged into a scart block

http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/Scart-RCA.JPG

How did you guys fix it. Buying a new tv IS possible, as this one is getting old, but it still works perfectly (except for this naturally -_-)

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Xtreme: Are you working on a wireless connection that's far away?
The battles have begun to get laggy =S
Well it's in another room and been there forever since it's the only place where I can connect it to.

Also Dunno if this could have anything to do with it but if you remember the time I was yoshi and you b+down to not get hit, I think it was a problem with my console dirt lens maybe? since it too LONG for you to transform. (and 50% of matches my Wii is making loud noises reading the disc) So My game has long loading times sometimes like 5 secs to load up the Character select and stage select and sometimes longer to get the stage to load, thats why most of the time it gets stuck on "ready to fight" for a bit.

milind4

Smash Apprentice
wait what do you mean "it's impossible to clean the wii lens"? i thought a lot of people had successfully done it with the canned air...

and i'm not positive if nintendo of america will send a repaired wii to europe...

Top Bottom