• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

Toshen

Smash Apprentice
2 weeks since i ordered from Play-asia - still not here

Apperantly if you've been as dumb as me and picked the cheapest airmail it can even take up to 5 weeks before it'll arrive :urg:

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Aye, finally got it on Saturday there, stroke of luck through all these bank holidays.

Hope it comes soon. Play-asia don't seem to be very reliable.
Play-asia actually usually delivers 3 days BEFORE the minimum time it takes or so to me. Odd.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
2 weeks since i ordered from Play-asia - still not here

Apperantly if you've been as dumb as me and picked the cheapest airmail it can even take up to 5 weeks before it'll arrive :urg:
Is it an american or japanese brawl?, mine just got shipped (japanese) and when I ordered I saw that if I had wanted a american brawl I would have to wait 5-15 days extra because they didnt have them in stock.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Is it an american or japanese brawl?, mine just got shipped (japanese) and when I ordered I saw that if I had wanted a american brawl I would have to wait 5-15 days extra because they didnt have them in stock.
Yeah, but mine was actually SHIPPED 15 days ago.

Toshen

Smash Apprentice
I ordered the american because i heard the japanese might give some trouble

However, it was shipped on the same day as the order

raydinneed

Smash Apprentice
I ordered from 365games and it now says ''being picked'' what does that mean?
LOL

I was going to ask exactly that question

Ordered yesterday, today it was on "being picked"

EDIT: just recieved a mail from them, despatched
The web still says "being picked" btw

kereo

Smash Cadet
being picked with 365games means its about to be picked up by the mail on their end. When its picked up, it changes to despatched, meaning the package is on its way to you.

Woozah

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dizztro
3DS FC
3866-8092-9570
just recieved a mail from them, despatched
The web still says "being picked" btw
thats normal, same way it happend me.
dont worry, i had asked them with a mail them and he replied that he just need to update the site, so it is despatched and on its way.

PikachuSSBM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tsuzama
i know how annoynig would that be lol. a european buys a copy of brawl from america two months before release. then two months down the line you receive it on the day it come out in europe lol.

Grim80

Smash Rookie
Hi there! I'm an italian smasher, I've ordered the game from 365games yesterday. I just hope that it will arrives soon :)

Terrorpeanut

Smash Rookie
Since my american one was taking so long, I decided to get an NTSC from London yesterday. Today, they both come in the post, but none of them work!! It's an outrage!! It loads the picturein the wiimenu, but then when I pick it it just goes black and the controller won't connect. Bah!!

Methinks the freeloader is a jip

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
Peanut, just incase you didnt know, you need to put the freeloader in, let it make the noise and the screen go blurry, then eject, then put the freeloader back in, let it do that again and put brawl in. then when you click the picture it should ask to install an update. Click yes and presto!

EDIT: Also, make sure that you got the PAL freeloader.

Terrorpeanut

Smash Rookie
Peanut, just incase you didnt know, you need to put the freeloader in, let it make the noise and the screen go blurry, then eject, then put the freeloader back in, let it do that again and put brawl in. then when you click the picture it should ask to install an update. Click yes and presto!

EDIT: Also, make sure that you got the PAL freeloader.
Yeah I looked it up on youtube. I may have been a little bit hasty in my despair :bee:

It's working fine now - it was actualy the 60htz that was mucking it up. Thanks for the help though.

Terrorpeanut

Smash Rookie
Oh I will...

Still scared to go online though. It still seems so... unfamiliar... Thirty hours today should solve that though!

KAN

Smash Cadet
Yay. ^^
Got Brawl yesterday. I wonder, if here's any other German smasher. ^^
What really sucks though, is that I've got an old TV and it can't display the NTSC Informations, so I have to play Brawl in black and white. No colour. T_T
I borrowed the TV of my parents yesterday, it's so much more awesome with colours. xD

WikzoDK

Smash Rookie
My copy was send today from Play-Asia. Can't wait, the game is very great (tried it with some friends last week) :D

Moskari

Smash Rookie
I'll receive my Brawl in next week and Freeloader I got already few days ago. Everyone in Finland get ready to add my Friend Code!

Ganondorf is going to be my character.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Hm. Quite glad I never ordered from Play-Asia now. They seem to have problems with getting enough copies.

Gamestop ftw! xD

SealedSword

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, does anyone know why Brawl just crashes after you select it to play in the wii menu? It looks like when you try to play the game without updating it first, the screen just goes black and the wii doesn't respond to anything =\
It used to work, we've tried inserting the free loader in twice again but it doesn't work.
the game works fine on other people's wii and used to work on ours XD.

leeray666

Smash Cadet
This happened to me the first time I tried to load brawl with the freeloader.
What worked was when I loaded the freeloader twice and did an update. Then I switched off the Wii and just loaded the freeloader once before sticking the game in. Now it works every time. If you've tried this and it still doesn't work maybe it would be a good idea to restore your Wii to factory settings and then try again.

Faber

Smash Rookie
Yay! I get Brawl today and it's from Play-Asia! I hadn't got any problems at all with it. It shipped last week and arrived today. And I used the cheapest delivery method. Game is great but I have old TV so no colours. =/ And that's a shame.

Toshen

Smash Apprentice
Yay! I get Brawl today and it's from Play-Asia! I hadn't got any problems at all with it. It shipped last week and arrived today. And I used the cheapest delivery method. Game is great but I have old TV so no colours. =/ And that's a shame.
Ugh, i hate you :urg:
Any dutchies actually got theirs from play-asia yet?

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Those were some Good matches Tetra =]

I think I'm running out of LOZ trophies =[
Think i almost have them all. Gutting.

TetraMaster

Smash Rookie
Cheers Toast =] I really envy your Zelda!

I'm still not sure if I prefer Toon Link over classic Link...
I think Toon Link's floatiness really slows him down sometimes

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
Tetra did I play you recently O__o?

Good games fox its really fun playing with you had to go cos Im tired =] cya tommorow xP

Top Bottom