• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

Lant

Smash Journeyman
Jeez that was dumb I woke up at 5am and then fell back asleep and dreamed my Brawl copy arrived, woke up again and was pretty sad. Arr, I'm obsessed and addicted already. I guess that comes from 5-6 years of waiting 'n wanting!

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
my brawl + freeloaders combo was shipped on monday, so i wager it will be here in about a week. ill keep all Australian users who are unsure about whether they should get it or not up to date =)

Andromeda

Smash Lord
I hope I can get my mom to buy Brawl as well today. The longer we wait to buy it, the longer I'll have to wait playing Brawl, and the Freeloader will be here soon.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
"Someones brawling my lord, cumbiah. Someones brawling my lord, cumbiah."

It's a bit depressing actually, though I'll be even more depressed if it doesn't arrive today.

Lant

Smash Journeyman
anyone fancy having a wifi match with me later at like 2?
add me and let me know please.
Chris
Mine should arrive tomorow, at which point I'll probably be up for some games.

Aha! Status updated! " 12.03.2008 09:28:07 being picked"

Also, JellyBelly: If I understand correctly, you have to insert the Freeloader once, then the screen will get lines all over it, then when the disk stops, take it out and put it back in, after lines and disk stops again, put Brawl in. You might need to set your Wii display to 60hz too. There's more info on the first page, first post I believe.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Wish I could play some WiFi, but I think it'll hav to wait until the Easter holidays. There are so many people on my hitlist. :laugh: Smash Bros WiFi is definitely a miracle in games :p

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Mine should arrive tomorow, at which point I'll probably be up for some games.

Aha! Status updated! " 12.03.2008 09:28:07 being picked"

Also, JellyBelly: If I understand correctly, you have to insert the Freeloader once, then the screen will get lines all over it, then when the disk stops, take it out and put it back in, after lines and disk stops again, put Brawl in. You might need to set your Wii display to 60hz too. There's more info on the first page, first post I believe.

Great I got it working!!

The downside, It's in black and white, I had a suspicion it would be. I'm happy though, I'm gonna use my bros huge tv and at least it didn't dre which was my main worry.

See you online soon everyone.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
If it's black & White try to change your Wii's setting to 60Hz, and if your TV can't do 60Hz then you'll have to find another TV to use.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
All i can say is WOW!

I'm liking Ice climbers (obv), Zelda (who is seriously buffed), Wario (!?) and Diddy Kong.

Totally random but in my first two matches mew appeared and I picked up both CD's.

I'm gonna fiddle round with the game a bit more. *bows down to freeloader*

Blackadder

Smash Master
All i can say is WOW!

I'm liking Ice climbers (obv), Zelda (who is seriously buffed), Wario (!?) and Diddy Kong.

Totally random but in my first two matches mew appeared and I picked up both CD's.

ArrrrrrrrghhhhHHHHHARGH!!!
Don't taunt me with your having-of-Brawlness! Mine shall arrive soon! I can't stand around having you remind me off it all the time!
*Wigs out*

When I get my game, I challenge anyone who is willing! Then we shall see who is the n00b, SWF! THEN!

I'm bored, I admit it. But the offer is there. Anyone up for a game (Note that I live In Australia) just hollar me a PM! :bee:

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
All i can say is WOW!

are you still in black and white? lol

edit: Blackadder, when my copy and freeloader arrives, we'll play together fo' shizzle =)

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
are you still in black and white? lol

edit: Blackadder, when my copy and freeloader arrives, we'll play together fo' shizzle =)
I'm on my brothers huge hdtv at the moment. I haven't tried changing the 60hz option yet on the wii but I had to do that for the US version of DOA4on my 360 so that would make perfect sense.

Sorry Blackadder, all I can say is that it's worth the wait.:)

Kone

Smash Master
chris - ill play you at wifi at 2ish if you want. Go on msn and hit me up, your jetstrike right? be interesting to see if we lag saying as were within 20 mins of each other.

Goronsan

Smash Cadet
**** those Codejunkies , my order is Shipped/Paid/Complete, and its been like that for a week now and i still dont have that Freeloader. Im thinking about ordering from some other site, i mean ive been patient enough already.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I'm on my brothers huge hdtv at the moment. I haven't tried changing the 60hz option yet on the wii but I had to do that for the US version of DOA4on my 360 so that would make perfect sense.

Sorry Blackadder, all I can say is that it's worth the wait.:)
To be honest you should never ever use worse than 60Hz anyway... 50Hz is so... prehistoric.

Woozah

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dizztro
3DS FC
3866-8092-9570
Woot, my status is 365 games is : Being picked :)
i hope it get changed before 3 pm and that they despatch it!
zomg, now having ordered brawl + freeloader its even harder to wait :chuckle:

Influenssa

Smash Cadet
I'm really pissed with Codejunkies. My Freeloader shipped on friday and there's still no tracking number, no email confirmation, nothing! They don't answer to my emails either. Pal of mine got 3 email confirmations of his shipping. :D And his order says "Shipped via Royal Mail" instead of the tracking number. And my order is already paid so it's quite useless to cancel it. Well if it doesn't arrive this week I'm really gonna nuke the ****ing Codejunkies headquarters.

Goronsan

Smash Cadet
Woot, my status is 365 games is : Being picked :)
i hope it get changed before 3 pm and that they despatch it!
zomg, now having ordered brawl + freeloader its even harder to wait :chuckle:
Its even harder when you have Brawl taunting you -.-
I need that freeloader !

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
@_@ 9 days since I ordered the Freeloader from Codejunkies, a week since they shipped it...still no news. Oh well...at least I know it works now.

Oh, and my TV says PAL 50Hz on the back, but my Wii's 60Hz (and Gamecube's - my Melee and Pikmin 2 games always ask if I want to use 60Hz before starting up) setting works on my TV. So it should work fine, right?

Goronsan

Smash Cadet
Believe me i know what it feels like , you and me are in the same boat. I got the shipped status even before friday and i used the royal mail option. Codejunkies/Datels service really sucks, and they are really not making it better by not answering mails or confirming the status delivery.

Faith

Smash Apprentice
Brawl is like 40 KMs away from me and it got there at 7am ( It's 2pm now and I'm still at college ). I hope my parents got it D: now all I have to do is wait for the Freeloader ;_;.
Anyone got theirs already from BMC ?

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
I ordered the freeloader 9 days ago and status is "Bill info Received" on UPS. I think we can all agree to NEVER use CJ again

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
OK, I got Brawl and the Freeloader, but every time I load it all I get is a black screen. I've installed the update, and my TV can handle 60Hz, so I don't know what's wrong. Help?

Top Bottom