• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

Influenssa

Smash Cadet
That's for sure that I won't ever again order anything from Codejunkies. So I suppose no one has got the Freeloader from CJunkies already?

If I'm gonna see Freeloaders in some local shop I'm definitely gonna buy it and send Codejunkies couple of angry emails of their service.

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
thats rlly weird :S I dont think its because of the "dirty lens" because a black screen comes up, not "error reading disc"..
People have fixed some of there problems by like trying to play Brawl like 10 times, and it eventually works.

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
Wait...isn't setting your Wii to 60Hz enough? I mean, if you set your Wii to 60Hz and it works, then that means your TV is set to or at least can handle 60Hz...right?

>_>;; Right!? </paranoia>

:S blegh, yeah, **** Codejunkies...but I have a feeling my copy is being held up for customs or something...I already got billed once again for it...>:/

Influenssa

Smash Cadet
I don't think so. Because every Nintendo game I have played with 60Hz has worked on every TV. But not a single one of the PS2 games I've had wich support 60Hz have worked on those same TVs. If my RGB cable outputs it as an RGB signal then I'm fine, but if it's the NTSC 60Hz standard I'm stuck with blackandwhite Brawl.

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
Oh...'cause, the 60Hz setting doesn't work on my older TV, and I've seen a lot of people saying that any PAL TV that isn't really old can probably do a 60Hz signal just fine. @_@

So, what, would you just have to switch to component cables?

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Anyone tried " With anyone" on the Wifi today?
Wanted to see if it was easier to get opponents in the day.

Last night I couldn't get anyone to do a team battle =[

Lant

Smash Journeyman
Woot, my status is 365 games is : Being picked :)
i hope it get changed before 3 pm and that they despatch it!
zomg, now having ordered brawl + freeloader its even harder to wait :chuckle:
Same as me, I ordered mine around 9pm last night, I imagine it'll come tomorow for me, I payed for next day delivery afterall.

I don't think it matters about the 3PM thing, as long as you placed your actual order before 3PM.. I guess this thing's just uh.. to keep us notified, who knows. I normally use Play.com/Amazon for my online stuff, they're both free delivery and take about 3 working days. So.. by the end of the week I'm sure everyone here who's ordered'll have it.

Goronsan

Smash Cadet
Same as me, I ordered mine around 9pm last night, I imagine it'll come tomorow for me, I payed for next day delivery afterall.

I don't think it matters about the 3PM thing, as long as you placed your actual order before 3PM.. I guess this thing's just uh.. to keep us notified, who knows. I normally use Play.com/Amazon for my online stuff, they're both free delivery and take about 3 working days. So.. by the end of the week I'm sure everyone here who's ordered'll have it.
Do they ship outside the UK ?

Woozah

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dizztro
3DS FC
3866-8092-9570
Do they ship outside the UK ?
Yes they do, i Live in the netherlands so that is under international - EU delivery.
i think they also have one for worldwide delivery.

@ Lant
yeah you prolly get it tomorrow, i mailed them and they said shipping it to netherlands can take
from 3 to 7 days, so if it leaves 365 today i prolly get it saturday or monday (my luck wednesday next week :chuckle:)

NeuralScan

Smash Cadet
Mine is here! got it from an ebay seller, ordered on sunday.

For anyone who is still bewildered/paranoid, I will post some details soon :)

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
OMG, brawl just arrived!!! :D

Orded first class from 365 yesterday and they said it was sent off yesterday

:D

(prays it works)

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Anyone tried " With anyone" on the Wifi today?
Wanted to see if it was easier to get opponents in the day.

Last night I couldn't get anyone to do a team battle =[
The reason you cannot find anyone would be because the minority will be importing Brawl to this region, half of them importing US, the other half importing JP. It searches in your local area (so for us it would search around UK/EU) for a matching region version. So you have US version, it will only find someone with the US version who also lived in UK, or close in EU, if they're searching at the same time as you. The chances are little, that's why until it comes out in PAL, friend matches are really the only way to go.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935

Play.com doesn't have them in stock and amazon doesn't have it listed at all. Bah. Not being able to use Paypal sucks, I probably have to wait for Codejunkies :(

Woozah

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dizztro
3DS FC
3866-8092-9570
hmm, 365 games says they despatch your order if you ordered it before 3 pm.
i made my order yesterday around 1 pm, and now its 4 pm alrdy (that means 3 pm in the UK)
and it still says being picked.
being picked, is it like your in the line for despatch, but they are busy with other orders first?
dont suck at english or anything, but just dont know what to make of this :chuckle:

Lant

Smash Journeyman
hmm, 365 games says they despatch your order if you ordered it before 3 pm.
i made my order yesterday around 1 pm, and now its 4 pm alrdy (that means 3 pm in the UK)
and it still says being picked.
being picked, is it like your in the line for despatch, but they are busy with other orders first?
dont suck at english or anything, but just dont know what to make of this :chuckle:
Not too sure really, it's a little confusing as I've never used 'em before.

Anybody else who used 365 and has recieved thier copy that can post the Order processing 'status' list?
11.03.2008 20:47:21 : processing
11.03.2008 20:54:03 : Payment received
12.03.2008 09:28:07 : being picked
Mine, for example.

craiigg

Smash Lord
Means they've probably had alot of orders and are struggling, ordered mine yesterday at around 9am and it's only changed to being picked today so hopefully it'll be posted today and arrive tomorrow =)

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935

Anybody else who used 365 and has recieved thier copy that can post the Order processing 'status' list?

Mine, for example.
12.03.2008 14:38:07 processing
12.03.2008 14:40:37 Payment received
12.03.2008 15:08:25 being picked

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
The reason you cannot find anyone would be because the minority will be importing Brawl to this region, half of them importing US, the other half importing JP. It searches in your local area (so for us it would search around UK/EU) for a matching region version. So you have US version, it will only find someone with the US version who also lived in UK, or close in EU, if they're searching at the same time as you. The chances are little, that's why until it comes out in PAL, friend matches are really the only way to go.
Really?
I heard somewhere that With anyone plays against people from America =S

Woozah

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dizztro
3DS FC
3866-8092-9570

Mine, for example.
yeah, someone else on this forum who is from the netherlands aswell and ordered here,
told me that he ordered brawl + freeloader, and the next day he got a mail it was on despatch.
well i think we both did the same but i didnt get a mail, and the same status as you:

09.03.2008 17:19:33 processing
11.03.2008 13:02:28 payment received
12.03.2008 09:28:07 being picked

so if anyone alrdy got a next status from 365 games let me and Lant know :chuckle:

Edit:
**** posts go fast again :)
@ Craigg yes i think they have suddenly a lot of orders for brawl :laugh:
prolly thats why it take some more time then they say on the website to send it out,
lets hope that is the reason and not that they suddenly dont have brawl in stock anymore :psycho: :dizzy: :psycho:

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
i Got got mine shipped on Friday from Gamestop. Arrived Monday.
Some places ship them early.

Val0r

Smash Rookie
Freeloader came todsy from 365games... Ordered on... Monday.

Brawl shipped on Monday from Play-asia.... hopes it comes soon actually. Guess the earliest is Friday, though.

craiigg

Smash Lord
Considering 365 need you to order before 3pm they need time to pick out your order, package it and recieve all the info which will take over an hour, then i'm guessing they send them out around 5pmish so ima check my status around half 5 to see if it's despatched xP

EDIT: Solube plz tell me you've unlocked toon link cause he's too fun to play with xP
Also you got msn? I'll play you tomorrow if i get it =) That goes for anyone else too

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Craiig: Nah, not unlocked Toon Link yet. Unlocked everyone except Toon Link, Wolf, and the Puffball. xD

Yeah, I'll play sometime tomorrow. Just add my code when you get Brawl, and I'll be on at some point x]

Lant

Smash Journeyman
Aye it sure is taking them some time to get past the 'being picked' stage isn't it.. I hope they still have copies considering they've already billed me.

TnadeN

Smash Cadet
Aye it sure is taking them some time to get past the 'being picked' stage isn't it.. I hope they still have copies considering they've already billed me.
^same here...
Although I don't have high requirements for my brawl arrival date... I want it before mid-next week, after that I will start getting annoyed! (live in sweden)

Lant

Smash Journeyman
Just got an e-mail from 365, basically an FAQ explaining how to get it to work, I'll post it here for the sake of it.

If you have been experiencing problems getting Super Smash Bros Brawl to work with Freeloader, please follow instructions below:

Super Smash Bros Brawl with Freeloader

General Settings

Super Smash Bros Brawl is an NTSC game and so to play correctly you must set you Wii to 60Hz.

1. Enter Wii Settings

2. Select TV Type

3. Select 60Hz

Note: If you are using the composite cable your screen will now loose colour. Do not worry, the colour will return in the game.

First Run

The first time that you run Super Smash Bros Brawl you need to install updates for it to play correctly. To accomplish this you must use the alternative load method of Freeloader.

1. Start up the Wii as normal

2. Insert Freeloader, the screen will wipe with colours twice

3. Remove Freeloader and then insert it again. The screen will be wiped with colours another two times. Alternative boot mode has now been enabled

4. Insert Super Smash Bros Brawl, select the Disc channel and allow the updates to install

5. The Wii will now restart, please follow the normal run instructions to play the game

Normal Run

1. Start up the Wii as normal

2. Insert Freeloader, the screen will wipe with colours twice

3. Insert Super Smash Bros Brawl, select the Disc channel and select play

4. The game will now play
Useful e-mail.. or would be, If I had the game ;<

If they have time to send me that.. surely.. they'd notify me if it's out of stock.. right? RIGHT? /hope

Anybody else get it?

craiigg

Smash Lord
Yeah I got the email. Like i said, should be despatched sometime today so if you asked for 1-2 days postage hopefully itll be to you by tomorrow =D

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
My 365 order has been picked too :)

Not only that, but after CANCELLING my order with Code Junkies they still reckoning they're frickin' sending it to me and say I'll get a Freeloader from them in seven days :rolleyes: *sigh* First nothing, then TWO!

Also, should be FINALLY getting Brawl tomorrow. UPS have sent it to my house three times even though we asked for a redirection after the first, so my Dad's going to pick it up from the UPS building in Luton (40 odd minutes from my house) in the morning :D:D:D

TnadeN

Smash Cadet
That mail feels more like a slap in the face then anything else. Here I was hoping for a order shipped mail but NOOOOO.....

cr00mz

Smash Cadet
how does online work for the EU people? i havent used my wii for online play so i dont know how this works, but is tehre somekind of battle.net-realm-type-selection? where you choose if you wanna play European people or whatever?

NeuralScan

Smash Cadet
Oh man... it works... I'm impressed. This game is truly amazing!

I ran the update on the disk, it works fine. My firmware was 3.2E. wii was set on 60hz.

now... I must get back to playing!

Top Bottom