• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
If anyone ever wants a match just add my FC, it's under my avatar for reference =]

Just unlocked Toon Link. What a ***** to fight. Little ******* wouldn't die xD

Woozah

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dizztro
3DS FC
3866-8092-9570
PS: for the guys interested, i ordered from 365 games 2 days ago, but i could only pay today simply because my paypal account didn't exist before and was just made for ordering brawl^^ I will post my experiences, like if all works properly and how long it took him to deliver. I know in the UK it's same day despatch, but who knows how long it lasts royal mail to ship to germany?^^
same here, also ordered 2 days ago, but dont know living in germany (i live in the netherlands) has anything to do with it.
someone else who ordered it, didnt live in the uk and his brawl + freeloader despatch 1 day after he ordered :dizzy:

kooky

Smash Cadet
well that would be very cool, i paid mine via paypal today but the still status says: 'waiting for cheque to clear'. Some message told me that it would take 2-4 days till he receives the money (never used paypal before and can't say this is true). As soon as the status changes to "shipped" or something similar i'll let you guys know how long it took brawl to come to me^^

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
So what's up with CodeJunkies? I'm expecting another Freeloader from them soon... I desperately want a copy of Brawl for myself too. I can never play it enough.. but I don't know who I can ask to order one for me :(

Woozah

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dizztro
3DS FC
3866-8092-9570
well that would be very cool, i paid mine via paypal today but the still status says: 'waiting for cheque to clear'. Some message told me that it would take 2-4 days till he receives the money (never used paypal before and can't say this is true). As soon as the status changes to "shipped" or something similar i'll let you guys know how long it took brawl to come to me^^
hmm thats weird, when i payed with paypal my status went instant to payment received.
most of us have the status: being picked.
not knowing wth that means :chuckle:

kereo

Smash Cadet
My status says despatched. I ordered monday evening, and it changed to despatched on tuesday evening :)
I ordered from 365games btw.

kooky

Smash Cadet
so when did you pay? monday evening too? if that's the case mine should change to despatched tomorrow afternoon^^

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
DVD Smith: Sorry, I can't reply to messages ><
My friend codes under my avatar.
Got yours in the message =]

Pugwash

Smash Rookie
My friend's Wii has only ever been updated with Disk Based Updates, he's never connected it to the internet so It wouldnt of system updated through that.

I was just curious, (considering if brawl brick's up old firmware version wii's supposedly with the US update) if there's any games out currently that have the needed system update on them?

Such as Galaxy, Metroid Prime, Resi 4, Mario and Sonic ATOG?
(I hope that made sense!)

kereo

Smash Cadet
so when did you pay? monday evening too? if that's the case mine should change to despatched tomorrow afternoon^^
Yeah, I had to use paypal as I am not from the UK. After paying with paypal, it inmediatly said, payment received :)

It then changed to "being picked" on tuesday early afternoon or so. I had kinda given up hope at it being send that day, but I was eating pizza with a friend when I heard my msn play the sound for new e-mail received. Checked my mail, and there was the mail saying my order had been despatched ^^

kooky

Smash Cadet
mmmh that's a bit strange because i payed but it didn't change to payment received. Did you have a paypal account already or did you make one extra for buying it? Maybe the first time you pay with paypal it lasts a lil bit longer... or maybe i just payed too late in the afternoon. Hopefully tomorrow the status is changed^^
The next two weeks we got vacation so i really need brawl :-P At least one of the two weeks

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
sorry i havent been on today, i recieved brawl and been playin on it since. im unlocking characters legitamately, SSE is really good, im impressed. its even fun in co-op. I have unlocked Snake, Ness, Luigi and Falco, but it was well worth getting. when you install the update, the wii MAY go off for between 5 and 20 seconds, dont worry this is normal. Mine did and i was scared lol. Good luck guys, hope you have fun.

Woozah

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dizztro
3DS FC
3866-8092-9570
My status says despatched. I ordered monday evening, and it changed to despatched on tuesday evening :)
I ordered from 365games btw.
**** your lucky :bee:
well my status on tuesday around 1 pm was: Payment received
this morning it became: Being Picked
so i hope tomorrow it will say despatched :chuckle:

*edit* hmm i didnt know that d.a.m.n would be hidden, just so you know i use
that word a lot haha

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Yeah, got mega lag =[
My reactions seem so slow.

Could the wireless connection being 2 rooms away be the cause of that?

craiigg

Smash Lord
Could be loads of reasons, closed ports in your router probably.
wireless lag, if someone else is using it then definately
Also DVD could have the same problems =s

EDIT: DVD, the game uses gamespy servers to make a direct link between you and Toast
Unless youve got a Japanese wii then it shouldnt be a problem >___>

kereo

Smash Cadet
mmmh that's a bit strange because i payed but it didn't change to payment received. Did you have a paypal account already or did you make one extra for buying it? Maybe the first time you pay with paypal it lasts a lil bit longer... or maybe i just payed too late in the afternoon. Hopefully tomorrow the status is changed^^
The next two weeks we got vacation so i really need brawl :-P At least one of the two weeks
I already had that account for quite ahwile.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Would getting an LAN adaptor fix online lag? =S
I heard wired connections are better than wireless.

Zelda felt like she had the speed of Ganon in some of the matches against DVD. Some attacks took a little longer to play out. Like Nayru's love.
LOLZ. The amount of Bomb-ombs that owned me because of a lagged Nayru's love xP

Fun matches against DVD though. He has quite a controlled Sonic. Something you don't see often.

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
I have to say Toast, you play the best Zelda I've ever seen. And I loved your taunt - "Look, ma! No Down-B!" :laugh:

Great matches. We'll have to do it again sometime. We need to try Multi-Man Brawl - I just did online co-op and it's a helluva lot of fun.

And you know the weird thing? I just had a few fights with an American friend that were a lot less laggy than our Scotland brawls. How that works I'll never know.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Ah, we should do that soon DVD =D
Hm. My connection? =/
Darn. I'm gonna have to find a way to get the connection wired through to my room.

I'll add you Usernamelink =]

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
hey toast, i will put my Brawl friend code on here tomorrow k? I finish school at like 10:45 tomorrow so i have a fun 16 hours to play, but i need to take some sleeping tablets tonight coz of my insomnia, and get some sleep!
But i had like 4 or 5 online matches tonight and considering the fact that we are connecting to the american servers, i have very little lag (in three matches there wasn't any and in the others it was for like 4 seconds of the match.
One thing i dont get is how to download the maps and stuff, i set the options to accept, but i cant find anything =S

Ganon875

Smash Cadet
The freeloader does work, maybe they have a corrupt/dirty lens?

BTW: did anybody who ordered from codejunkies with an order number above 3600 had a confirmation mail yet of it shipping? Mine shipped on thursday exactly a week ago, but I never had a confirmation mail or tracking number...:(

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
The freeloader does work, maybe they have a corrupt/dirty lens?

BTW: did anybody who ordered from codejunkies with an order number above 3600 had a confirmation mail yet of it shipping? Mine shipped on thursday exactly a week ago, but I never had a confirmation mail or tracking number...:(
They had problems cos of the storms in the south of the UK. Maybe you should ring and ask.

Top Bottom