• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Renaissance of Xmash 4, Varberg, July 3-6th | Results in 1st post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSeeD

Smash Journeyman
1) 66,5 SEK equals to 7€... pretty expensive if you know that cigarettes costs 5€ in France and it's already expensive compared to other Europeans countries around...

2) DDR is pretty nice. I prefer Keyboard, i play a little bit on pad but not much... ^^

3) Why don't we do a Naruto GNT4 tournament, huh??? ^^

stelzig

Smash Lord
If we're going to have a mario strikers charged tournament then it needs to be first to x goal matches so that people don't just play the ball between 1 player and the keeper after getting ahead :)

Serpit

Smash Journeyman
Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
I can bring Mario Strikers for anyone who wants to play inc ase there is a Wii available.

By the way, I saw the FC tourney had one, so is there a thread where you can look for teammates for the RoX? Especially needed for those poor guys like me who aren't that good but still want to have a partner ^^

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Zomg Massive One-week-to-go Update!!

Right, I know it's been long due, but finally, I'm proud to present:

The complete ruleset & Round 1 of pools for RoX4!!

Teams, Double Elimination Bracket, best of 3, 5, 7.
Singles, Pool play 16x8, then 8x8, and finally a 32 man Double Elimination Bracket.
Regional Battles, with each region forming a 10 man team to take on each other in 4 stock matches.

General Rules:

Stage Banning:
Before each set starts, both sides are allowed to strike one stage, disabling it from being used for the upcoming set. Note: It cannot be played at all, even if chosen on random.

Advanced Slob Picks:
After a game, the loser announces the next stage to be played, then the winner decides what character he's playing, and then the loser decides his character.
In short, loser picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character.

Neutral stages:
Pokémon Stadium, Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams. (In Teams Battlefield is used as a Neutral instead of FoD)

Counterpick stages:
Princess Peach's Castle, Corneria, Rainbow Ride, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Brinstar, Onett, Mute City, Poké Floats, Battlefield, Kongo Jungle 64.

Helios' silly rule (HSR):
You cannot play the last stage you chose, nor the stage you last won.

Stage reset:
At the start of the set, you're allowed to reset the game if you're not happy with the random stage.
This can only be done for one stage, which then cannot be played as the first stage.

No stalling:
Peach bombing, rising pound and other stalling techniques are banned. Violation will result in a forfeit of the match.

Wobbling:
Wobbling is NOT banned. Cry me a river ;)

Teams:

Due to frame dropping, Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned for teams. Battlefield takes FoD's place as a neutral stage.
Double Elimination
Stock: 4
Set: Best of 3, then 5, finals 7
Team Attack: On
Items: Off
Advanced Slob Picks
Helios' Silly Rule

Singles:

Pool play:
Round 1: 16 pools of 8 people, top 4 advance to round 2.
Round 2: 8 pools of 8 people, top 4 advance to a 32 man DE bracket.
In pools, the players with the most won matches will advance.
Ties are broken by number of losses, and after that by the result from their particular match.
In case of a three-way tie (or more), all involved players must play their matches again.
Set: Best of 3
Advanced Slob Picks
Helios' Silly Rule

Brackets:
Double Elimination bracket, 32 players
Set: Best of 5, finals best of 7
Advanced Slob Picks
Helios' Silly Rule

Regional Battles:

Each region forms a 10 man team, represented by a captain.
The teams are split up into pools of 3 or 4, where they all face each other.
Only the top ranking team in each pool advances to the grand finals.
Prior to each game, the captain has to present his team's roster, complete with everyone's characters and which player is starting. This list is handed to a judge, who makes sure neither team is cheating.
After each game, the next stage is chosen on random, and there are no stage bans or resets.
Changing characters is not allowed, so the team has to choose it's next player wisely.
Once a player loses all his 4 stock, the team sends their next player in, starting a new game with the winning player having the same amount of stock he had when the last game ended.
The players fight each other one on one, until one side has lost all its players.

Right, half way done! Let me give you the tentative pools for RoX4!!

Round 1 pools:

Pool 1
Helios
Utto
TD
ProSmasherTim
Larke
Inouva
Acherontic
Samochan
Kman

Pool 2
Dev
Fox128
Benoit
Pikmin
Ironass
Marte
Udikku
Frostbyte
Exalador

Pool 3
Armada
Doraki
Adam
Hack
Neophos
Killingmachine
Norskelink
NHJ
JO3

Pool 4
Calle W
Tonberry
Zgetto
Mellis
Zampa
Thomas
Uchicha
Golfie
Bseed

Pool 5
Svampen
Ivo
Kone
Ying
Totte
Plufball
Peki
RoyWereFUM
Cless

Pool 6
Smash Alex
Charles
Efen
Baxon
Widde
Gaylink
Widl
Povilfred
Urizen

Pool 7
Ek
Jam
Down A
Bëst
Hara
VJ
Ogiwara
Stormblast
Boo

Pool 8
Masamune
Akke
Chor
Kuja
Roos
Q
Imperfect
Coey
Raikacchi

Pool 9
Joanna Dark
Rens
Luma
Echoist
Ivar
RPG
Aeon
Captain Nintendo

Pool 10
Faab
Yuna
Aska
Ijuka
O
Nintenkai
Shin
Captain Smashie
Smasherkik

Pool 11
Amsah
Kriz
Dual
Smasher89
Randomness
Wilvarin
Blackmoose
Monty_06

Pool 12
Aldwyn
C
Mr P
Jeffzor
Andromeda
Pebbles
Stelzig
ac_anon

Pool 13
Seretur
Niam
Kurre
Ryuker
Senkai
Onito
Bo130
DSD9

Pool 14
Nnja
Cpt Zeppo
Flikkflakk
Thieum
Marcus_90
Darkfrog
Tomber
Tin

Pool 15
Clemj
Captain Jadde
NGCXX
GsE
Fisken
Madlobster
MasterTK
KBF

Pool 16
Makenshi
DJ Black
Aniolas
Reffie
Flareblade
Mr Nintendo
WMK
Serpit

Now, remember, players 1 through 4 in each pool are ranked in order, whereas the rest are just randomly placed, so don't go around crying 'cause you're at the bottom of your pool. Also, these pools might change at the actual tourney, based on who shows etc. Let me know if you're in the same pool as your best friend or something. If you feel like whining about your seed, prove yourself at the tourney, not to me on msn. :lick:

Now, over to something completely different:
Housing :psycho:

I'd like to announce that since I'm no longer going to Holland, I'm free to house people from after the tourney until whenever you go home. You'll still have to pay for your own food and travelling, naturally, but at least you'll have somewhere to sleep (if, however, you manage to bring something to sleep on ;) )

Thus, I'd like to announce that we're having a BBQ at my house friday night after the tourney, with plenty of good food and drinks to celebrate 5 amazing years of smash! =) :chuckle:

That's it folks, see ya in a week!! (or a couple of hours, which is the case for some people ._.)

Also.... ZZOMG 3500th post!!!

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
Pool 6, Widl, arent coming.

I can't see anyone who makes it impossible for me going further. I'll better do my research, then. :/ Go pools.

Roy Were-ForUniMare

Smash Journeyman
And I only see who make it impossible for me to advance, but that only makes it more interesting, yay for pools!

@ Serpit: I don't have a team partner either, I suck twice as bad as you do (Probably even more) so no worries, if nobody would be available you could always team with with me, you're everyday trash X3.

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
Pool 6, Widl, arent coming.

I can't see anyone who makes it impossible for me going further. I'll better do my research, then. :/ Go pools.
just in case you didnt notice, you are in the same pool as Armada :D so you won't be coming out on top in your pool :p

as for making it out of the pools, you might have a chance :p

Wobbling allowed :o, this could be fun :D

Serpit

Smash Journeyman
Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
And I only see who make it impossible for me to advance, but that only makes it more interesting, yay for pools!

@ Serpit: I don't have a team partner either, I suck twice as bad as you do (Probably even more) so no worries, if nobody would be available you could always team with with me, you're everyday trash X3.
Hooray, a potential team partner. Now we can get destroyed in teams together xD

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
Helios where the **** is Dax? I can't see him in pools.

Also I'm not getting the meaning of HSR. Basically it's Dave's stupid rule + not allowing players to play two matches on the same stage?

And ****! Wobbling must be banned! Now.. considering Amsah is in the same pool of smasher89 I highly suggest Nihonjin to play ICs against him and wobble him to death..

We might need more men for regional crew battles.. Helios are we allowed to get players from Iceland and Denmark?

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey, I just noticed 2 former MKDS world champions are coming to RoX4 O_o

Good **** @ rules and pouls.

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
NHJ is probably the person who'll drop you.
Well, I didn't like his ranking. ;) Scares my a bit of when thinking about you Finns havent traveled that much, but still have such a community. I'll still try my best.

My research:
Pool 3
Armada Sweden Peach
Doraki France Fox
Adam Holland Sheik (12)
Hack Sweden
Neophos Sweden
Killingmachine Sweden
Norskelink Norway Doc (14)
NHJ Finland YL/Fox (5)
JO3 Great Britain

In ( ), ranking in own country.

Anyone have some more information for me? :laugh:

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
Well, I didn't like his ranking. Scares my a bit of when thinking about you Finns havent traveled that much, but still have such a community. I'll still try my best.

My research:
Pool 3
Armada Sweden Peach
Doraki France
Adam Holland Sheik (12)
Hack Sweden
Neophos Sweden
Killingmachine Sweden
Norskelink Norway Doc (14)
NHJ Finland YL/Fox (5)
JO3 Great Britain

In ( ), ranking in own country.

Anyone have some more information for me?
Doraki is a French Falco player and one of the few who play him and also love the character instead of playing him only because of his top tier position. Also, Doraki always refused the idea of Falco being broken because of his lasers claiming that the reason for so many Falco players to win combats and tournaments is that they are way more skilled than the smashers who play as other characters.

Seretur

Smash Journeyman
i am at frankfurt airport...
This morning i couldnßt find mz ID card... my father brought it to me.... me and my friend were completely drunk at 9 of the morning here in the airport (2 liters of beer each!! and none of us had eaten and i slept 4 hours,my friend only 45 minutes XD)
here in frankfurt we discover that our ticket is for tomorrow so i hope they´ll let us sleep in the airport (outside is **** cold!)
Arriving at 17.25 in gotheborg tomorrow..
Cool pools.. leave some places if some ppl will subscribe (my friend for example).. too bad for low tier tournaments..

Btw thx chriss for housing us, thx frenchies too for disponibility and helpings! we´ll meet tomorrow and i´ll know if i can beat or not Niam (my pool´s high seeded i suppose)
cya all guys.. i hope to be alive tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom