• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Professor Layton for Smash Ultimate support thread! See OP for where to meet us next after the boards close. Thank you for all your support!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The fact that Western third-parties like Shovel Knight can be present in this game, suggests to me that if Sakurai willing to work through the difficulty with Western companies for content, maybe the dream to getting Level-5 content in Smash isn't that far away now.
I'm really hoping that the Layton series is getting some trophies at the very least. I'd be very disappointed if they got the cold shoulder on that department too.

Please Level-5...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well i think its clear hes just putting in any character now and not caring how many third parties there are so hope yet

PK Bash

Smash Apprentice
I've said from the start that a Layton moveset would need to make sense if put on any other character from the series, so I would 100% be OK with him and Kat (or Luke, but I'd rather have Kat) echoing each other. It's not like she'd look out of place using Hershel's glider or something like that.
Simon seems to be filling the role I had pegged Layton to be filling to a T though (trap-based, stage-control and counterpoke -focused character) so I dunno how any other concepts for Layton would match Kat. I guess she can fence too, right?

I do think it could work and I would be very much all for it. Of course, this is assuming that we get one or the other in the first place...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If Layton's moveset is more focused on the puzzle and gadget aspect in his playstyle, then Kat or Luke should work out just fine as echoes. Maybe give Luke a toy version of Layton's gadgets (Much like how he usually gets various toy's throughout his travels with Hershel) And Kat can probably work out alright too with Hershel's moveset, maybe be a bit more stylized though.

Last edited:

PK Bash

Smash Apprentice
TBH, I kind of imagined Luke as part of the Professor's moveset himself.

You know how Toad helps Peach out for her grab and throws now?

Yeah, that. Gets round the whole character issue of "why is this mild-mannered English gentleman grabbing people by the lapels and assaulting them with murder in his eyes" - and if Kat is an echo, you can simply swap him out for Sherl. You'd have Layton point at the opponent to freeze them while Luke gets to work for the pummel.

I do like the idea of a Luke echo being a proto-Layton sort of thing with the toys, however. That is a pretty nice idea.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I was considering Luke and Flora appearing for Layton's Final Smash myself. Kind of like Paula and Poo for Ness and Boney and Kumatora for Lucas. Likewise if Kat is an echo, you can swap them for Sherl and Ernest.

Last edited:

NintenJen

Smash Cadet
NNID
DictatorChoco
Oh, do I have a couple of things I want to address about this recent direct.

First off, I need to thank Sakurai and his talented crew for all the hard work and devotion they are putting into Ultimate. They're really going all out for it, and the game looks really solid. It really is a big celebration of gaming. Over 100 stages and 900 soundtracks? Just incredible, in all my years of playing Smash... it has grown so much. It's amazing.

Now as for who was announced, not surprised. K Rool was a character popularly requested for years. Simon Belmont and Ritcher are from Castlevania, a longtime classic franchise of the NES era which is iconic. (There was also that leak for Simon.) I welcome them. Chrom and Dark Samus, well I don't have issue. So far, none of the newcomers bother me at all. Then again, I'm never really annoyed by any new content for Smash, the more the merrier.

The appearance of Shovel Knight as an assist trophy really caught me off guard. I never thought an indie character would ever appear in Smash at this time! This gives me hope that Sakurai is expanding a bit beyond that what's the norm, but at a reasonable pace. If they can reach Western devs, no doubt they can get Level-5. Sure, we saw nothing of them nor anything for our dear Professor this direct, but he wasn't deconfirmed either! I recall Sakurai saying that he will reveal the design of every fighter before the game comes out, so there's still hope! It's not over yet!

Now that the direct is over, our next bet is the Level-5 Vision Conference in October. I doubt there will be another Smash direct next month, but I did notice that this direct happened in August, with a month skip after E3. Should this pattern continue, then the next direct (maybe a Nintendo Direct even) should be in October! This would perfectly align with Level-5 Vision. Nothing is guaranteed, but damn if this happens I will be so hyped. There's only four months left, and there's still more to come.

The only thing that concerns me is that an interview I read with Akihiro Hino a while ago. It was published on Nintendo Life June 2017, and one of the questions involved if any companies approached him for collaborations with Level-5.

Here it is:

Have you ever been approached or wanted to approach other companies for further crossovers with Layton? He was certainly a high contender in the Smash Bros. fighter ballot.

Hino-san: If it looks like it’s fun and entertaining for both us and consumers, then we’re definitely open to more collaborations. But, there’s nothing in particular going on right now. I have a good relationship with Capcom right now, which was what lead to the Phoenix Wright crossover.

Link to the full interview.

If that's the case then obviously Level-5 wasn't approached by Nintendo at the time. Smash Ultimate was probably further in development too, and the final roster could have already been decided then. But it's also been a year and things change, so maybe they were after this interview was published. I mean, there was that golf crossover that was announced. I don't think anyone expected that.

As for Katrielle being an echo of Layton, well Chrom is an echo of Roy, who he has no relation to at all. Being an FE fan, I'm surprised he wasn't an echo for Ike instead. In that case, Kat being Layton's echo isn't too far fetched of an idea. One way to change her from Layton would be adding Sherl to her moveset, her palette swaps could be her wardrobe. Although, I don't know if Sakurai would put two Layton reps in. I'm more seeing just Hershel and a Yokai-Watch rep instead for Level-5. But Castlevania got two reps, so anything is possible?

All in all, solid direct. I'm really hoping that the next time we get more Smash news that something for Level-5 is announced because we're also getting closer to launch. I'd even take trophies or stages. And if nothing comes, there's DLC... but by then I'm not sure I'll have confidence.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I never knew about that interview NintenJen NintenJen thank you for sharing that with us. Though reading through it a bit, the question after that asks them why they didn't port LMJ to the Switch with the answer that they had no plans for it, yet It's coming out (I think It's already out in Japan by now).

Though keep in mind, companies usually have to keep an NDA and can't exactly give a straight answer for questions like that. At least Hino didn't say that he wasn't contacted at all, just that there is nothing in particular going on at the moment, which I'd imagine he would say regardless if he was in or not. That said, I did think that Layton's best shot would be for DLC and knowing that Hino has been approached yet again in an interview in regards to Layton and Smash (Including bringing up the Smash Ballot in front of him) might encourage him to at least approach Sakurai himself, I mean, he says that he has a good relation with Capcom so perhaps they may be able to work something out together (and maybe collaborate to get Phoenix into Smash too? We can dream. :p)

I mean, It's only a hypothetical, If the other third parties receive echo's too, then I'd say Layton would have a fair shot in getting one himself, especially since Level-5 seems to enjoy promoting Hershel and Kat together.

All in all, I hope that the series will receive a trophy at the very least.

Last edited:

GWTCN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GWTCN4
3DS FC
0173-1757-4619
Personally, I've always been more on board with Descole being Layton's Echo Fighter, which I think would make a bit more sense considering LMJ didn't do so well commercially, and Layton and Descole's models would be a better match for each other. So far, the most drastic difference in hitboxes we've seen between one fighter and their Echo is Daisy who's just a little bit shorter than Peach, and I don't think an Echo Fighter will have too drastic an appearance change from the character they're based on. If Layton's gonna get an Echo, Descole is the most likely candidate in my book.

NintenJen

Smash Cadet
NNID
DictatorChoco
I never knew about that interview NintenJen NintenJen thank you for sharing that with us. Though reading through it a bit, the question after that asks them why they didn't port LMJ to the Switch with the answer that they had no plans for it, yet It's coming out (I think It's already out in Japan by now).

Though keep in mind, companies usually have to keep an NDA and can't exactly give a straight answer for questions like that. At least Hino didn't say that he wasn't contacted at all, just that there is nothing in particular going on at the moment, which I'd imagine he would say regardless if he was in or not. That said, I did think that Layton's best shot would be for DLC and knowing that Hino has been approached yet again in an interview in regards to Layton and Smash (Including bringing up the Smash Ballot in front of him) might encourage him to at least approach Sakurai himself, I mean, he says that he has a good relation with Capcom so perhaps they may be able to work something out together (and maybe collaborate to get Phoenix into Smash too? We can dream. :p)

I mean, It's only a hypothetical, If the other third parties receive echo's too, then I'd say Layton would have a fair shot in getting one himself, especially since Level-5 seems to enjoy promoting Hershel and Kat together.

All in all, I hope that the series will receive a trophy at the very least.
That's true, had Hino slipped something his company could have gotten in trouble. He also never said he wasn't approached, nor does he bring up the ballot. And since the interview took place during E3, that would mean it happened a month after the Layton Twitter posted how they would like to see Layton in Smash. E3 2017 was from June 13 - 15th. The twitter post was on May 12th. Coincidence? Probably, but it doesn't hurt to speculate... hmm.

Actually regarding Phoenix, I think his chances have risen a bit since this direct. I say this because Monster Hunter was confirmed to have an assist trophy, and Zero is one. I always thought that if a Capcom franchise was going to get a second rep, it would be Mega Man. But most of the possible/popular reps (X, Bass, and Proto Man) are in either Mega Man's final Smash and Zero is an assist. Of course, there's characters like Roll or Dr. Wily that have a shot, but that doesn't seem too likely. Street Fighter has a chance for second rep with Ken being an echo for Ryu though.

However, we haven't seen Ace Attorney get anything and Capcom knows it's a popular franchise. Since Konami has three reps, Capcom getting a third isn't unlikely. It would be a perfect opportunity to add Phoenix as the third fighter. And if Phoenix joins, that opens the door to Layton too. Since Capcom is close with Level-5, I think they would want Layton to join in with Phoenix. I'm starting to think that the idea of them being revealed in a trailer together isn't too much of a stretch after all!

And Layton gets Kat as an echo, then Apollo should be Phoenix's echo. (People have been asking for a Kat/Apollo sequel to Layton/Wright.) :p

Personally, I've always been more on board with Descole being Layton's Echo Fighter, which I think would make a bit more sense considering LMJ didn't do so well commercially, and Layton and Descole's models would be a better match for each other. So far, the most drastic difference in hitboxes we've seen between one fighter and their Echo is Daisy who's just a little bit shorter than Peach, and I don't think an Echo Fighter will have too drastic an appearance change from the character they're based on. If Layton's gonna get an Echo, Descole is the most likely candidate in my book.
Descole would be amazing. I'd love play as him, but Katrielle seems more likely because she is more relevant. Descole could be a hazard for a Layton stage though. Maybe a special role like Dracula in the Castlevania stage.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
NintenJen NintenJen Oh, do you happen to have a link to that Twitter Post? I would like to see it for myself.

We'd probably get Ken as Ryu's echo, though I hope that three Capcom characters won't hinder Phoenix's chances for the game too much (Then again, I'm not sure if third party company numbers matter too much anymore at this point, especially if echo's are among them... Sakurai just wants to make as many fans as possible happy)

Perhaps yeah, If Katrielle does end up as Layton's echo, I can also see a reveal trailer involving Layton and Kat with Chrom and Lucina battling it out. Like father, like daughter?

Descole could work too as an echo I suppose though.

Last edited:

NintenJen

Smash Cadet
NNID
DictatorChoco
Curious Villager Curious Villager You've probably seen this before but here's the link to the tweet. You can compare the date it was posted to the Nintendo Life interview, the date it was published was June 23rd, but the interview states it took place during E3 of last year which was from June 13th - 15th. So it was after a month. Although, now that I look back at my previous post... I feel like I got a bit too optimistic and carried away. I was just excited that Layton still has a shot I guess. It probably doesn't mean anything.

I should remember what the Layton Twitter also posted a while back and keep expectations in check:

Good words from the Professor, lol.

Along with that, I take back about Mega Man possibly not getting an echo. Thinking about it more, Roll was like a clone fighter to him in the Marvel vs Capcom games so her chances aren't too far fetched. I most definitely see the Ken echo though, but Phoenix shouldn't be off the table yet. You're right about Sakurai pleasing the fans though. He's definitely listening to them with Ridley, Chrom, and K Rool now in.

I've thought of that actually, and I would love that! Another father-daughter duo is fine with me. The Laytons could also work with the Belmonts (family names and all).

Last edited:

PK Bash

Smash Apprentice
I seem to vaguely remember Professor Layton becoming a big deal about halfway into the ballot's lifespan with rumours that his voice actor had been brought into Smash or something? (All this stink about Goku on IMDb right now just reminded me of that.) And in general, people seemed pretty happy with the idea that he could be coming.

Not to get too caught up with the implied of course, but he was definitely on the radar at some point. And if you type "Layton Smash" into Twitter's search bar... well, it's obvious that his support wasn't a mere flash in the pan.

Ridley and King K.Rool indicate that the higher-ups have had ears to the ground. I agree that we must keep our expectations in check, but they surely must have been very aware of Layton at that point.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Layton's certainly a popular request. At least we know that Hino is aware of his demand since he's constantly been asked about it in interviews, talk shows and even openly acknowledged his support at the official Professor Layton fanbook. The only thing is, we don't know what Sakurai's opinion on Layton is though as he hasn't talked much about him, if at all (As far as I know) we do know that one guy did go out of his way to ask for Layton to both Hino and Sakurai at one point though.

Seeing how much more open Sakurai is with third parties this time around, I'd be very disappointed if the Layton series doesn't at least get some acknowledgement via trophies or something.

Also welcome on board to the new supporters that joined, I've added you all to the supporters list!

Edit: I've updated the entire supporters list to include all the supporters from the Smash Wii U/3DS speculation day's. We are currently at 124 supporters now!

Last edited:

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice
I'm still shocked Level 5 have no representation at all.

Surely they will get at the very least a trophy?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If the whole stage thing is true, then we may not be getting any more newcomers from new franchises (At least in the base game) I hope It Isn't true though, Especially since it means we only get like four brand new stages. That's, a pretty disappointing number. Hopefully they will go all out with DLC for this if that's the case since I can imagine the game getting heavily criticized for this.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If the whole stage thing is true, then we may not be getting any more newcomers from new franchises (At least in the base game) I hope It Isn't true though, Especially since it means we only get like four brand new stages. That's, a pretty disappointing number. Hopefully they will go all out with DLC for this if that's the case since I can imagine the game getting heavily criticized for this.
well the wording in direct didnt sound to definitive in terms of stage total

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
We already know that won’t be the case though. There’s the whole deal with the suspiciously named ‘Mute City SNES’ (so, we’re getting at least another Mute City, Old or new). Orbital Gate Assault was spotted in a Meta Knight pic, so that has to come back. The number of maps isn’t final, so there’s probably more stages coming.

GWTCN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GWTCN4
3DS FC
0173-1757-4619
Where's the Meta Knight Orbital Gate Assault pic? I can't find it. If we know for sure there'll be more stages than what we've seen, I'll have to reupdate my predictions list, since I adjusted them assuming there'd be no more new franchises represented in the base game due to the stage count.

If this is true, then I do hope we get some great DLC down the line. I'm hoping for a Layton/Wright DLC pack as well as a Crash/Spyro DLC pack.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Where's the Meta Knight Orbital Gate Assault pic? I can't find it. If we know for sure there'll be more stages than what we've seen, I'll have to reupdate my predictions list, since I adjusted them assuming there'd be no more new franchises represented in the base game due to the stage count.

If this is true, then I do hope we get some great DLC down the line. I'm hoping for a Layton/Wright DLC pack as well as a Crash/Spyro DLC pack.
https://i.imgur.com/hfjbXKO.jpg

Further research so far has shown that there doesn’t appear to be any Star Fox stage with a planet like that, so it’s either Orbital Gate Assault. Either way, that and Mute City means we’re at least getting two more old stages, and since the 103 number was a placeholder then there’s no reason to assume we won’t see any more new stages.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Wasn't that confirmed to be a part of Lylat Cruise or something?
Eitherway, if the whole stage count is true, then I'm going to have to hope that they will at least add more new franchises via DLC.
If worse comes to worst, then hopefully the Layton series will at least receive a trophy or two. I just want to see the series receive some acknowledgement at this point...

So_many_mails

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully we get some sort of leak or rumor soon.

Maybe the books behind Sakurai in the direct are the Layton manga or puzzle books lol.

EDIT: Apparently there are two leaks with Layton in from 4Chan (so take with a pinch of salt):

LEAK 1:
Alright, I can't give you anything resembling a release date or a complete roster, nor any concrete info on Echo Fighters, but I have info from an inside source and I need to share it with someone.

>the reason why there's so many fan favorites is because half the roster is based on fan requests, while the other half is based on what the development team wants
>Inkling, K. Rool and Ridley are all supposedly derived from fan feedback received during the ballot
>Simon was chosen primarily by the music team during negotiations with Konami, they cared more about getting the music than the character
>the project plan from December 2015 has 10 unique newcomers on it, nothing about echo fighters, things may have changed during development
>I was given info on Simon, K. Rool and three unrevealed characters
>one is another Ballot result, Professor Layton, chosen based primarily on Japanese results in contrast to K. Rool and Ridley
>the other two are staff choices, and come across as bizarre
>the art design team chose Demitri Maximoff from Vampire Savior simply because they wanted to have fun designing Midnight Bliss designs for the entire cast, they were supposedly debating whether to use 2D illustrations or 3D renders
>Sakurai himself had a very unique request that was only possible thanks to Square Enix's partnership, he chose JC Denton from the Deus Ex series, turns out he's a huge fan of the games
>Adam Jensen was being considered as an alternate costume early on, he may have been turned into an Echo Fighter judging by Richter's inclusion
LEAK 2:
I'm involved in the next direct - airing in Early October.

There will be another one in November but I'm not involved in it.

>Starts off with Professor Layton reveal
>Focuses on Singleplayer (Name isn't finalized, though logo is similar to subspace)
>Briefly touches the story and some cutscenes
>Goes to online modes and goes into detail about those
>Ken and Shadow echo fighters revealed
>"End"
>Banjo reveal

Believe it, don't believe it. I don't give a **** - but that's whats in the October Smash Direct.

There's still 1 more after that in late November.
Second one sounds more plausible

Courtesy of Sykin

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So_many_mails So_many_mails Well, I commend the first guy for at least trying to be a bit creative with his list, though I don't see it happening.

The other guy at least sounds a bit more plausible, though I doubt single players name hasn't been finalized yet at this stage, the game needs to go gold soon.

But yeah, due to them being text leaks and coming from 4chan no less, I wouldn't put too much stock into them, nice to know some people where nice enough to include Layton in their "leaks" though...

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It's interesting to see Professor Layton has popped up on a few supposed leaks. However, I feel skeptical on both. The first one saying Layton was chosen based on the Japanese Ballot results seems a bit fishy since Layton's Ballot popularity mostly comes from the international audience, particularly in Europe. Jibanyan is generally considered to be the most popular Level 5 character in Japan when it comes to a possible Level 5 candidate, seeing how Yokai Watch is a more recognized franchise there then everywhere else in the world. Second one seems a bit more plausible though, though I feel like the Single player should be finalized in development since it'll just be a month before Smash Ultimate comes out.

I'd say if Vergeben says something about Layton being in (since he's the one that's been most credible with leaks so far with his information on Ridley, Snake, Ice Climbers, and Simon Belmont), then I'd feel more inclined to trust that leak, though even Verge's comments on the Gen 7 Pokemon have been a bit fishy.

Last edited:

PK Bash

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I wouldn't get too excited lads/ladies because the sheer quantity of "leaks" that spring up these days is phenomenal. One or two are bound to have Layton. Give a thousand monkeys a thousand typewriters...
Some leaks will be accurate, but it would only be a tiny fraction of the number of leaks and obviously there's no way of sifting the wheat from the chaff even if you wanted to.

Personally, I won't be entertaining either. I'm not a fan of leaks anyway and frankly the less attention we give them the better in my book. That said, the first one is clearly laughable and the second one is far too safe for me to find it noteworthy. It doesn't want to spill any beans on the online info, for example - I'd wager because the "leaker" in question has literally nothing to go on and so is not willing to speculate for fear of damaging their "leak". Basically we have two alleged leaks at opposite extremes of the spectrum, the way I see it.

If you guys have any reason to believe either leak is credible then that's cool with me, I won't try to shoot you down. Personally though it's not something I'm willing to put any stock in, I'd encourage others to be take a sceptical stance as well unless you feel very strongly otherwise.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Same, best not to put too much stock into them.
Besides, I think I'd rather have Layton's reveal be a complete surprise over having him being spoiled beforehand. Sure it may bring more reassurance that he's in (assuming the leak is legit of course) but I feel like it will kind of ruin the surprise factor a bit too. Remember how mindblowing it was for people to see the likes of Cloud, Bayonetta and Snake revealed? I want to feel the same for Layton. Especially since he seems to be such a dark horse pick within the community.

Last edited:

NintenJen

Smash Cadet
NNID
DictatorChoco
So now Layton is starting to pop into leaks, huh? Interesting. I suppose it wouldn't be so out of ordinary for some 'leakers' to pick some less popular or strange choices like the first one so that they can get attention. Demitri from Darkstalkers? Yeah, okay. You can also tell it's fake from what they wrote on not saying the release date. Smash Ultimate has an official release date already, December 7th. And I don't think Layton won the Japanese polls when Jibanyan was prominent.

The second leak is too safe, it's almost too good to be true. Especially saying the Direct is in October and Layton being revealed. I mean an October Direct isn't impossible, but there's Level-5 Vision. That will be held in the fall and chances are, it will be in October due to it founding that month in 1998. I believe past conferences have taken place in that month too. That would perfectly line up should a Direct happen. Perhaps the 'leaker' took this information to make it seem legit. If so, kudos for research. Also, I found the thread to that leak and the 'leaker' ignored one person asking about Layton's moveset, but answered questions on Banjo instead. Finally, "Believe it or not"... how many times have I seen this in leaks?

As some have said, it's best to take them with a grain of salt. As I keep seeing so many nowadays I just laugh. Or if you want to make it a little fun for yourself, think of leaks like those puzzles regarding false statements. If you also play Ace Attorney, look for a contradiction in that testimony and present your evidence.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Leaks are part of Smash folklore and fun along with the hunt for evidences in trailers, it keeps us entertained during the long and painfull wait until actual information and release. I'd say even bad leaks are fun to debunk.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Leaks are part of Smash folklore and fun along with the hunt for evidences in trailers, it keeps us entertained during the long and painfull wait until actual information and release. I'd say even bad leaks are fun to debunk.
the evidence in trailers one is always strange

GWTCN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GWTCN4
3DS FC
0173-1757-4619
I'm not going to put too much faith in either of these leaks, but I will say that if a Direct gets confirmed for October, my hopes will peak a little.

That said, I can't see them revealing two 3rd-party characters in the same Direct, especially since there are still a lot of 1st/2nd party characters that I consider a lock (Decidueye, Bandana Dee) that haven't been revealed yet. If there's a Direct in October and another in November, they'll save the 3rd party reveals for the last one.

My current prediction/hope is we get a Standard Direct in September/October in which we get one character (probably Decidueye or Bandana Dee) then one last Smash-focused Direct in November in which we get the rest of the Echo Fighters (probably Shadow, Ken, Ninten, Blood Falcon, Impa, Detective Pikachu, Louie, Big Boss, Jeanne. Definitely not all of them, but any from this list), a confirmation and explanation of Story Mode, plus anything we haven't seen yet (All-Star Mode, Challenges, Trophies, a few more stages perhaps, the rest of the Assist Trophies since the number isn't up to 50+ yet) then the last two characters: the other of Decidueye/Bandana Dee that didn't get confirmed previously, then Professor Layton.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So apparently Sakurai retweeted a screenshot with the Monster Hunter boss along with Link and Marth that's apparently set up to reference the Golden Sun games. If this is true and Isaac ends up making it in, how eyebrow raising would it be if Sakurai one day retweets a screenshot of Tuxedo Mario and Ness (and/or Daisy) with a tea food item in a village like stage such as Town and City or Smashville?

I don't know what I would think of it, though I'd appreciate the subtle nod.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So apparently Sakurai retweeted a screenshot with the Monster Hunter boss along with Link and Marth that's apparently set up to reference the Golden Sun games. If this is true and Isaac ends up making it in, how eyebrow raising would it be if Sakurai one day retweets a screenshot of Tuxedo Mario and Ness (and/or Daisy) with a tea food item in a village like stage such as Town and City or Smashville?

I don't know what I would think of it, though I'd appreciate the subtle nod.
to be fair people find evidence for newcomers in everything sakurai does

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
to be fair people find evidence for newcomers in everything sakurai does
True, though his Tweets have usually resulted in much more accurate reveals (Dark Pit, Solo Zard and Shulk where all referenced before in his tweets) But yeah. Still, a nice little hypothetical to think about though.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
True, though his Tweets have usually resulted in much more accurate reveals (Dark Pit, Solo Zard and Shulk where all referenced before in his tweets) But yeah. Still, a nice little hypothetical to think about though.
well they way i see it if he can include monster hunter and shovel knight he can include layton

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
in a hypothetical second smash direct, i can see sakurai revealing layton at the start of the direct with sakurai presenting himself wearing layton's tall hat after the trailer, sorta like simon's reveal. A furniture tease would be nice, but I would prefer if Layton was kept a surprise altogether.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If Sakurai did a furniture tease, then he needs to have a cup of tea next to him. And maybe a jigsaw puzzle somewhere (Though that might make more people think of Banjo Kazooie....) Maybe a rubix cube would work better?

Last edited:
Top Bottom