• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Professor Layton for Smash Ultimate support thread! See OP for where to meet us next after the boards close. Thank you for all your support!

NintenJen

Smash Cadet
NNID
DictatorChoco
I guess I do underestimate the support of Layton, my perspective is skewed due to me only really dealing with the smash community through Smashboards and Reddit where Layton isn't that popular. Most of Layton's fan due seem to be more casual in support, makes me wonder how he actually did in the ballot since casual fans would be less likely to participate in exit polls.

Also yeah, "deserves" is a bad term, shouldn't have used it. I mainly just want to convey that Professor Layton has a lot of importance like Banjo, Geno, Rayman, etc.

Pushmo is my most wanted stage! Seems weird that it gets representation in WarioWare but not smash. we still maybe get new stages so who knows.
I think Layton is a unique case, a dark horse candidate even. If he were to get in, I see him like Bayonetta. Not too popular, but popular enough. Since she was a top pick in Europe, I do wonder if Layton followed after since he's pretty popular over there. (I know we'll probably never get the Ballot results but it's something I wonder.) Also, he'd be a more recent pick. The DS era should get more reps, and Level-5 has yet to get anything.

I had to make an account just to say, I'm really happy there are other people who think that Layton should be in Smash. Like a lot of you have said I never really see anyone say anything about Professor Layton, not just for Smash but just in general. As a longtime fan of the Layton series, I've been hoping he would be added to Smash for a while and I'm very glad to see that other people think so too. Does anyone truly think there is hope for Layton in Ultimate? I sure hope there's a least a chance...
First off, welcome aboard on the Professor Layton Support Train. I hope you enjoy your stay here, because it's very comfy and we have tea. :D

Next, I have two real life friends would love to see him in Smash. They're Layton fans. In fact, they're the ones who got me into the series. I do feel like we're a very chill/quiet fanbase when it comes to Smash support though.

As for him getting into Ultimate, well I'm working on a written piece about that. I don't know when it'll be ready due to my work schedule and other things I have to do, but hopefully I'll get it out soon. Although, if you want my opinion... as of now, I say he has a chance. It's not impossible, but it's not guaranteed either. There's the Level-5 Vision Conference in the fall, so that's something to look forward to. Maybe we'll get a nice surprise. Unless, another Smash direct or even an Nintendo one pops out, (I could see a Nintendo one in September) but we'll have to wait and see.

I do hope something comes out for Layton in the future. Or he can be a total surprise, either way - there will be hype.

GWTCN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GWTCN4
3DS FC
0173-1757-4619
I don't think it's that there's no support for Layton; it's just that those of us who do support Layton aren't obnoxious about it. Pre Smash Ultimate, the biggest example of this I can give is Ridley supporters. Every single f***ing trailer, it was always "RIDLEY! IT'S RIDLEY! PUT IN RIDLEY! I WANT RIDLEY!" And, look what happened. Now it's "WALUIGI! WHERE'S WALUIGI? HE STILL HAS A CHANCE!" You watch. Waluigi will be playable in the next game which will make me so upset considering he works so much better as an Assist Trophy.

The sad reality is that the vocal minority will always win out over the silent majority. I cannot stand the competitive Smash scene, but they're the ones that get listened to the most, because they're always the ones that complain the loudest about this or that or the fact that it's not Melee. This is why, in retrospect, the Ballot was such a great idea. It gave everyone an equal voice. This is how Bayonetta won the ballot. No one was expecting her to win, since the loudest cries were for Ridley (despite being a stage boss) or King K. Rool or Geno. That's also why it's hardly surprising at all that Layton was doing so well in the Ballot.

And, I think you're spot on about there being a character who comes out of left-field and isn't on anyone's prediction lists. For my money, that character will be Layton.

PK Bash

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it's that there's no support for Layton; it's just that those of us who do support Layton aren't obnoxious about it. Pre Smash Ultimate, the biggest example of this I can give is Ridley supporters. Every single f***ing trailer, it was always "RIDLEY! IT'S RIDLEY! PUT IN RIDLEY! I WANT RIDLEY!" And, look what happened. Now it's "WALUIGI! WHERE'S WALUIGI? HE STILL HAS A CHANCE!" You watch. Waluigi will be playable in the next game which will make me so upset considering he works so much better as an Assist Trophy.

The sad reality is that the vocal minority will always win out over the silent majority. I cannot stand the competitive Smash scene, but they're the ones that get listened to the most, because they're always the ones that complain the loudest about this or that or the fact that it's not Melee. This is why, in retrospect, the Ballot was such a great idea. It gave everyone an equal voice. This is how Bayonetta won the ballot. No one was expecting her to win, since the loudest cries were for Ridley (despite being a stage boss) or King K. Rool or Geno. That's also why it's hardly surprising at all that Layton was doing so well in the Ballot.

And, I think you're spot on about there being a character who comes out of left-field and isn't on anyone's prediction lists. For my money, that character will be Layton.
I completely agree with every word of this. Well put.

I think Layton's personality must rub off on his fans haha.

Looking forward to that essay NintenJen. And I swear, one of these days before Ultimate is released I will post my Professor Layton moveset - genuinely think I have something that is both Smash-coherent and a good representation of the series and character without just being a bunch of puzzles - it's just a case of finding the time really. Certainly won't be in the next week I'm afraid!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Playing through Unwound Future right now, already at Chapter 1:

I can already sense a town illusion from a mile away just based on future London. Hopefully, the puzzles and other developments make up for it.

By the way, for those that voted for Layton in the ballot, what reasons did you put for his inclusion back then? I read about the K. Rool DK Vine matter recently and how the number of fans made an impact for the character. I thought about the reasonings people gave for K. Rool’s inclusion and how they could have left an understanding for Sakurai. Did you put “being synonymous with Nintendo and their gameplay philosophies”, moveset potential, biggest icon in gaming not in Smash as some of the reasonings? I hope our fan votes and our reasonings created some impact to Sakurai and we voted for the gentleman.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Playing through Unwound Future right now, already at Chapter 1:

I can already sense a town illusion from a mile away just based on future London. Hopefully, the puzzles and other developments make up for it.

By the way, for those that voted for Layton in the ballot, what reasons did you put for his inclusion back then? I read about the K. Rool DK Vine matter recently and how the number of fans made an impact for the character. I thought about the reasonings people gave for K. Rool’s inclusion and how they could have left an understanding for Sakurai. Did you put “being synonymous with Nintendo and their gameplay philosophies”, moveset potential, biggest icon in gaming not in Smash as some of the reasonings? I hope our fan votes and our reasonings created some impact to Sakurai and we voted for the gentleman.
Man I wish I saved my reasoning because my memory is a bit foggy, but I'll try my best.

I remember mentioning that Layton has so many recent exclusive games on the DS and 3DS that it would be a good idea to have him included in smash. I think I was trying to argue that Layton would be good for selling games and consoles, but now I kinda of wish I would have made my reasoning about Layton being apart of the Ninendo family or something. I feel like my reasoning made sense, but felt a little soulless and unneeded since Nintendo really doesn't need to hear marketing tips from a random ballot voter.

GWTCN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GWTCN4
3DS FC
0173-1757-4619
I think the bulk of my reasoning came down to the fact that Layton would represent a genre of game not currently represented in Smash: puzzle games. Plus, his games sold incredibly well and people already associate him with Nintendo, with many thinking he's not a 3rd party character at all.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I really don't quite remember as its been a few years. I think I said something along the lines of the series being very close to Nintendo fans and that the puzzle solving genre was something that was yet to be properly explored in terms of playable fighters.

I don't know what the bulk of his votes where in terms of reasoning but hopefully it wasn't something that put Sakurai off from the character...

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
There are a few reasons why I wanted Layton in Smash for a while. For one, he's my favorite video game character, and two, I feel like he'd have a very interesting moveset that would reference the puzzles he solved and his powerful intellect.

What really initiated my interest in seeing Layton in Smash was the inclusion of Phoenix Wright in UMvC3. When he was added into that game, I thought to myself, "If MvC managed to add a puzzle game/visual novel rep into their roster, why not have Smash Bros do the same with Professor Layton!" Layton came to my mind right away because of the crossover he had with Phoenix Wright, and considering the close ties that Layton series has with Nintendo, I'd thought Layton would fit very well as the puzzle game/visual novel rep in Smash to parallel Phoenix Wright's inclusion in UMvC3.

NintenJen

Smash Cadet
NNID
DictatorChoco
I'm one of the unfortunate souls who did not vote for Layton during the Smash ballot. ;-;

Reason? Wasn't into the Layton series at the time. Knew of it. A good friend voted for him in the ballot, and while she vouched for his inclusion... I didn't give much thought into it. (Another friend also advocated for Shovel Knight, so I was just stuck in the middle.) It wasn't until after the ballot ended that I told her that I'm willing to give the Layton series a shot, and the rest is history. You guys don't know how much I regret not voting for Professor Layton. If only I got into the series sooner, he would have had my vote 100%. But, I thank my good friend for introducing me to such a wonderful franchise. And at least she voted for him in my absence.

Had I voted, I would have expressed several reasons. For the franchise... beautiful soundtracks, unique art style, challenging puzzles, and fun characters. There's just so much source material Sakurai could take out, be creative with and implement into Smash. And everytime someone brings up how would Layton work? I just express this, genius intellect, master fencer, the ability to build crazy but effective gadgets. His moveset has the potential to be fun and unique, as well as using puzzles from his series. Like sliding puzzles, even though they're the bane of my existence. His side special could be using the Laytonmobile to run over opponents like Wario uses his bike. He would be such an great character to utilize. If Phoenix Wright can be a fighter in UMVC3, then Professor Layton can join Smash.

Next, his franchise is underrated. It's successful but overlooked. Him joining Smash could change that, introduce new fans to the franchise. It pains me everytime someone says Layton isn't iconic enough to join Smash, or that he will never join/Jibanyan will be the Level-5 rep instead. There's this defeatist/dismissive attitude for him that it makes me sad. :/ He's really underestimated, he's not a one hit wonder. He has a long standing history with Nintendo, especially in the DS era.

I told myself when the next Smash rolled around, I would express support for Layton. Now there's Ultimate, and is one of the reasons why I joined here in the first place. If there is another Smash Ballot and Layton isn't in Smash, he is getting my vote, period.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You know, if Sakurai decides to open up another ballot. I'll be sure to try and start a full blown campaign for Layton in Smash Ultimate. Be it DLC or for the next game. If Sakurai continues to include the characters that where the most vocally requested in the base game, then we should hopefully have a better chance in getting our voices heard.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Man, how long it has been since I posted on a Layton support tread! I will forever give my support to this fine gentleman! Layton is probably my most wanted TP character alongside Shantae now, and I would love to see him in Ultimate, especially for the music!

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Bruh:

The plot of this just got immediately interesting after the declaration of an "evil" Layton, the unfolding mysteries, and Layton's past.

Hopefully, I get to enjoy this fully, even if I accidentally knew about the truth of Luke thanks to spoilery posts on social media years ago.

I am early into Unwound Future, and I love this game already. I am going to play some more.

Last edited:

GreenSpirit

Smash Rookie
You can count me in when it comes to support Layton !
I loved him since the first game, his series of game quickly became one of my favorite. Its musics, its story, its characters, all are just so wonderful !
One of the few series that made me teared up through some installments (the third one especially).
I'm genuinely intrigued by the type of playstyle he could bring. So I deeply hope that he gets in, either now or later down the line in DLC form.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You can count me in when it comes to support Layton !
I loved him since the first game, his series of game quickly became one of my favorite. Its musics, its story, its characters, all are just so wonderful !
One of the few series that made me teared up through some installments (the third one especially).
I'm genuinely intrigued by the type of playstyle he could bring. So I deeply hope that he gets in, either now or later down the line in DLC form.
Welcome on board GreenSpirit GreenSpirit I've added you to the supporters list.

Welcome to Smashboards too! It's great to see more new members joining this site to lend their support for Layton in Smash. I really appreciate that a ton! :)

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Hey with Gamescom upcoming maybe Nintendo will do something there. IDK, it was something we were discussing on the Isaac thread.

CooleTeeps

Smash Rookie
Oh wow I totally forgot about that Smash 4 poll a few years back. I remember I definitely voted for Layton, although I am not sure what my reasoning was. I'm pretty sure it was probably just my attempt to make a compelling argument out of my love for the series (which was probably not backed by very useful arguments).

GWTCN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GWTCN4
3DS FC
0173-1757-4619
Sakurai recently confirmed in a Famitsu interview that they mainly used the results from the Fighter Ballot to get the new characters for Ultimate. Considering Layton apparently placed highly in those polls, we may just get our wish yet...

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Sakurai recently confirmed in a Famitsu interview that they mainly used the results from the Fighter Ballot to get the new characters for Ultimate. Considering Layton apparently placed highly in those polls, we may just get our wish yet...
If I was a gambler, I’d put money on Layton for DLC. He just seems like the sort of character who’d catch Sakurai off guard with his demand. Well, since K. Rool caught him off guard, maybe he’s just out of touch with the fanbase.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Since Jibanyan did well in Japan and Layton did well in the West, hopefully Sakurai will at least take a look at Level-5 and consider including some content from them.

I do agree that DLC would be his best bet. I have a feeling we'll be getting quite a few more new third parties from there.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Since Jibanyan did well in Japan and Layton did well in the West, hopefully Sakurai will at least take a look at Level-5 and consider including some content from them.

I do agree that DLC would be his best bet. I have a feeling we'll be getting quite a few more new third parties from there.
yeah the third party inclusion is huge

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future Overall Impressions:

Going into this game, I already knew the plot twist of Future Luke (though I did not have full context) and had seen Luke's final farewell cutscene a long time ago, back when I would get invested in Layton videos on YouTube despite never playing the PL games. I thought that knowing these story parts would damper my personal enjoyment of Unwound Future to some degree when the time to eventually play it came. Turns out, that I had a good time the whole way through. Unwound Future has a decent story, compelling enough that it motivate my drive to solve puzzles with the best of my ability.

Starting with Chapter 2, several of the mysteries like Future Layton & his minions, Layton's past, and the time machine matters gripped my interest. It set pretty high expectations for me personally. I was expecting character arcs where Layton and Luke would develop to a notable degree, becoming new people while being the same likable characters. I speculated that the Future Layton/Luke could actually be the real deal (Based on what I knew of Future Luke's twist), and that their evil morality would help develop these characters in a way that would build up to Luke leaving Layton behind to prevent London's biggest disaster.

What I got was what I initially expected of the story to become, a fake town with Dimitri and Future Luke responsible for the crimes. It was a bit anti-climatic to say the least considering the strong build-up. I should have saw it coming that the main mystery would be more focused upon than developing the main characters to any notable degree, just like the last two games of the original trilogy. This is not to say the mystery itself became a train-wreck. Unwound Future's mystery is still a good mystery, it just was not as great that I would have expected it to be. The final chapter and the epilogue's way of closing the story was solid enough, with the Claire scene moving my emotions enough to make me shed a tear.

I also have a few complaints regarding one part of Unwound Future's story and a certain character present in the original trilogy. I disliked how sudden it was for Luke to tell Layton that he was going to leave for family matters. Yeah, given the tense build-up, this kind of scene would normally make an impact on me, but it was so cheaply done, having no notable build-up and character development to make me care about Luke leaving. Luke moreso played as Layton's assistant solving some puzzles in Unwound Future just like the last two games, not having much character exploration in neither of three original games to make the scene very effective.

Flora, who began to have a supporting role starting with Diabolical Box, had so much potential to have a decent, memorable role in Diabolical Box. She mostly acts as a convenience for Diabolical and Unwound's story, not contributing that much to Layton's investigations, being shafted to the side before she could do anything notable. The biggest example of her convenience is her being captured by Clive, acting as the princess waiting to be rescued while not doing much notable. That ticked me off a bit, and it is a character trait that I dislike heavily in anime/cartoon/manga stories.

That being said, even though Unwound Future's story ended up being what I expected, I still enjoyed the game as a whole. I definitely consider Unwound to be the best game in the Professor Layton franchise. I look forward to playing prequel trilogy sometime later this year. I plan to go through Azran Legacy yet again to get a full grasp on the trilogy's apparently connected story, starting with Last Specter. I still consider Layton VERY worthy enough to be playable in Smash. That being said, I am going to keep my expectations very low when I finally play the prequel trilogy. The least I expect is a good mystery and a multitude of fun puzzles to fuel my enjoyment.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If it makes you feel more assured Blue, the whole town thing was mainly a running theme in the original trilogy and the Ace Attorney crossover was an amalgamation of the three twists from said trilogy. The rest of the games follow a different structure. The prequls in particular tried to go for a more overarching plot that connects each other, although I'm personally not too sure if they pulled it off too well though.

I do agree on the character build up though. As poorly as she was handled, I do feel Flora ironically developed more as a character than either Hershel or Luke did throughout the entirety of the original trilogy (which is kind of sad considering her ridiculously limited amount of screentime compared to them...), she went from a sheltered and shy young woman in the first game to taking matters into her own hands and trying to stand up for herself after continuously being left alone by Hershel despite her monophobia in the third game. Which is why she has intrigued a number of fans over the years and have been requesting her return with a more focused role in the series as they felt she wasn't handled very fairly in those games.

Layton and Luke on the other hand, didn't really get that much character development until the prequels, where the writers really wanted to delve deeper into their pasts and how they became the duo that they are known for today. I'm guessing they mainly wanted to focus on the Sherloc and Wattson dynamic during the original trilogy which is probably why they didn't get that much characterization during that trilogy. I do agree that Luke's farewell felt a bit rushed and coming out of nowhere. Apparently Level-5 wanted to end the series after Lost Future and leave the series as a single trilogy until they where encouraged to carry the games on due to the series rising popularity at the time. Which probably explains the premature parting news scene.

That said, I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the games though.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
all of them had fine stories if you ask me and lost future was heartbreaking

eternal diva has my favourite twist

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I really enjoyed the prequel because of Descole, he's clearly on my top 5 favorite vilain in gaming and Emmy resemble so much my mother it was both incredible and a bit disturbing.

Last edited:

Dream Cancel

It's just good business
NNID
DreamXX
3DS FC
4571-1273-3502
Switch FC
SW-4309-2808-7588
How did I not find this earlier

Add me as a supporter ^^

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I really enjoyed the prequel because of Descole, he's clearly on my top 5 favorite vilain in gaming and Emmy resemble so much my mother it was both incredible and a bit disturbing.
Ah, a fellow Descole fan, I see!

I love Descole too. He's my favorite video game villain and my favorite villain in all of fiction. The way how he manipulates others and how threatening he can be when things don't go his way made him feel quite intimidating. He even makes a great foil to Layton; both are very intelligent, master inventors, and but whereas Layton will work together with others without resorting to manipulation and can stay calm and collected, Descole will use others for his own personal benefit (and even backstab them once he is finished using them) and is less likely to stay calm 100% of the time. I'd say Descole's biggest highlights are in the movie, because that's where he is at his evliest (and that sword fight he has with Layton was epic, one of my favorite scenes in all movies I watched). Learning his backstory by the 6th game was when he solidified himself as my favorite villain in fiction. Looking back, he's my favorite aspect of the prequels.

There was even a time where I really wanted him in Smash as a secondary Layton rep, though my interest in seeing Descole in Smash went down overtime upon realizing that he has very little chance of joining because of numerous factors going against him. A part of me would still love to see him as a playable fighter since there's a lot he can do to stand out from the crowd: he can fight with sword, use various gadgets to reference the inventor side of him, and perhaps even use parkour-like moves to reference how acrobatic he is.

Alas, he is more likely to be added as either an Assist Trophy or as a Stage Boss should Professor Layton be added to the roster. I can imagine Descole being a rushing-in-and-attacking Assist Trophy similar to the likes of Zero and Waluigi, using various moves like what I described in the paragraph above. As a stage boss...

I think he would fit most appropriately in a Misthallery stage. There, he would appear in his smaller Mecha-Specter that he uses to terrorize the town in the final chapter of the game. He would jump around in the smaller Mecha-Specter and attack foes with brutal claw swipes from the weapon. Perhaps he might even resort to using the larger Mecha-Specter later into the battle after the players defeat him.

Either way, I'd be quite happy seeing Descole as an Assist Trophy or a Stage boss. In fact, he is my top choice for a Layton character in either category.

Yeah, I might just be the biggest Descole fan.

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
With everyone being here I'm no longer as convinced that we'll be getting Layton in this smash game. That being said, sign me up as a supporter!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

I love Descole too. He's my favorite video game villain and my favorite villain in all of fiction. The way how he manipulates others and how threatening he can be when things don't go his way made him feel quite intimidating. He even makes a great foil to Layton; both are very intelligent, master inventors, and but whereas Layton will work together with others without resorting to manipulation and can stay calm and collected, Descole will use others for his own personal benefit (and even backstab them once he is finished using them) and is less likely to stay calm 100% of the time. I'd say Descole's biggest highlights are in the movie, because that's where he is at his evliest (and that sword fight he has with Layton was epic, one of my favorite scenes in all movies I watched). Learning his backstory by the 6th game was when he solidified himself as my favorite villain in fiction. Looking back, he's my favorite aspect of the prequels.

There was even a time where I really wanted him in Smash as a secondary Layton rep, though my interest in seeing Descole in Smash went down overtime upon realizing that he has very little chance of joining because of numerous factors going against him. A part of me would still love to see him as a playable fighter since there's a lot he can do to stand out from the crowd: he can fight with sword, use various gadgets to reference the inventor side of him, and perhaps even use parkour-like moves to reference how acrobatic he is.

Alas, he is more likely to be added as either an Assist Trophy or as a Stage Boss should Professor Layton be added to the roster. I can imagine Descole being a rushing-in-and-attacking Assist Trophy similar to the likes of Zero and Waluigi, using various moves like what I described in the paragraph above. As a stage boss...

I think he would fit most appropriately in a Misthallery stage. There, he would appear in his smaller Mecha-Specter that he uses to terrorize the town in the final chapter of the game. He would jump around in the smaller Mecha-Specter and attack foes with brutal claw swipes from the weapon. Perhaps he might even resort to using the larger Mecha-Specter later into the battle after the players defeat him.

Either way, I'd be quite happy seeing Descole as an Assist Trophy or a Stage boss. In fact, he is my top choice for a Layton character in either category.

I’m more of a Don Paolo fan, but Descole’s pretty cool, his design is great, and that fight in Eternal Diva is just... ugh, so awesome

GWTCN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GWTCN4
3DS FC
0173-1757-4619

I wouldn't count out Descole if Layton gets in. I don't think anyone saw Richter coming, so they've shown they won't just do the obvious Echo Fighters. I'd say that Descole has a more than strong chance of becoming Layton's Echo should he get in.

With everyone being here I'm no longer as convinced that we'll be getting Layton in this smash game. That being said, sign me up as a supporter!
Even if this is all the new series they're adding in the base game, I wouldn't underestimate the amount of DLC we're likely to get, and since they're going off the Fighter Ballot results, I'd say Layton's chances are far from zero.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
The hardest part is to get Layton in, Descole chances to appear as either echo / boss / assist will greatly increase once Layton joins.

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
Even if this is all the new series they're adding in the base game, I wouldn't underestimate the amount of DLC we're likely to get, and since they're going off the Fighter Ballot results, I'd say Layton's chances are far from zero.
Agreed. Layton has a pretty good choice at DLC.

NintenJen

Smash Cadet
NNID
DictatorChoco
Been a while since I've posted here, but it makes me so happy that I'm seeing new faces showing support for Layton. Let's keep this up. Our puzzle solving gentleman needs all the support he can get.

Oh, and I'm still working on that article/essay about Layton in Smash. I'm a little torn on whether to make it personal or more article based, but I'll figure something out.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Thank you for joining the Layton supporters rockerpikmin rockerpikmin welcome on board, love the 3D render!

By the way, I've updated the OP, nothing too significant. But I changed the main artwork for something a bit more dynamic and interesting looking.

rockerpikmin

Smash Apprentice

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Last edited:

CooleTeeps

Smash Rookie
This may be a bit off-topic, but has there been any recent word about the Layton game that was supposed to be released this summer/year? The only reference to it I remember was the initial information back in 2017.

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
This may be a bit off-topic, but has there been any recent word about the Layton game that was supposed to be released this summer/year? The only reference to it I remember was the initial information back in 2017.
I believe they were referring either to the Layton's Mystery Journey Switch port or Curious Village EXHD. I was originally expecting a full new game, but given how recently LMJ had come out it would've been kinda ridiculous to get another game so soon, looking back on it.

Top Bottom