• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Pond - Greninja General Discussion

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Need to get back into Greninja, been experimenting with other characters, but I still can't get away from this frog. Anybody want to get some Greninja dittos one day? Since i find that match to be SUPER hard idk why. Or tell me how this skype group works. Dont use skype that much. THHHANKSSSS

Snackss

Smash Journeyman
You can't shield grab other Greninjas, so the matchup can be kind of a random mess.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
So, I've been wondering something. My mains atm are :4metaknight: and :4lucina:...but I've been curious about a 3rd and final main.
A wise friend once tried to convince me of a top 3 list for smash, and I never did so until now. I thought I could handle 4+ and I was wrong. Anyways, the first 2 slots have been taken...however:
:4greninja:, :4lucario:, :4mewtwo: :rosalina: all have my interest. I'm wondering which would be best to cover :4lucina: and :4metaknight:'s weaknesses...or whatever. However, as of recently:
:4mewtwo: Has lost my interest as it's been so difficult to play him at a competitive level and have fun with him. I can still have fun with him, don't get me wrong, he's my #1 favorite Pokemon after all! It's just that I don't know if I can take him to a competitive level.
:4lucario: Has lost my interest as well. Plus, the main reason both he and :4greninja: are on my list, are because they're tied for #3 favorite Pokemon...and :4greninja: is likely to take that spot.
So, It's the final stretch, therefore I had a question. Do you think the ninja frog qualifies my 3rd main? Thank you for reading this fellow ninjas and thank you for whatever assistance you may provide. ◥θ┴θ◤

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
So, I've been wondering something. My mains atm are :4metaknight: and :4lucina:...but I've been curious about a 3rd and final main.
A wise friend once tried to convince me of a top 3 list for smash, and I never did so until now. I thought I could handle 4+ and I was wrong. Anyways, the first 2 slots have been taken...however:
:4greninja:, :4lucario:, :4mewtwo: :rosalina: all have my interest. I'm wondering which would be best to cover :4lucina: and :4metaknight:'s weaknesses...or whatever. However, as of recently:
:4mewtwo: Has lost my interest as it's been so difficult to play him at a competitive level and have fun with him. I can still have fun with him, don't get me wrong, he's my #1 favorite Pokemon after all! It's just that I don't know if I can take him to a competitive level.
:4lucario: Has lost my interest as well. Plus, the main reason both he and :4greninja: are on my list, are because they're tied for #3 favorite Pokemon...and :4greninja: is likely to take that spot.
So, It's the final stretch, therefore I had a question. Do you think the ninja frog qualifies my 3rd main? Thank you for reading this fellow ninjas and thank you for whatever assistance you may provide. ◥θ┴θ◤
I don't really know what the matchup spreads for MK and Lucina are like, but as long as at least one of them can handle Fox and Sonic each decently (everyone struggles against Sheik pretty much and I know that MK doesn't lose too badly to her), Greninja should be a great partner. Rosalina also seems like a great pick since she has a really solid matchup spread as a whole, but if you like Greninja more as a character then I'd go with him.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I would say go with the Ninja, but then again I may or may not be horribly biased. Plus I'm trying to convert as many Smash 4 players as I can to the Frog Side.

But you should definitely try out both characters and see which of the two better suites your play-style.

Snackss

Smash Journeyman
Rosalina isn't exactly thrilling to play, but as pretty much the #2 character, it's hard to say you can go wrong as her. Mewtwo doesn't really complement anyone because he's not that great.

Greninja has decent matchups, but he requires a ton of patience and a good amount of matchup knowledge to play, so you can't really pull him out and immediately do better when your other characters are struggling.

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Others may disagree, but I'd honestly have to say no to Greninja being a 3rd character. Not many people play this character and there's a reason for that: An extremely precise character who requires you to make every move well calculated and make sure any punishment is as minimal as possible. You get killed first and your opponent has a lead, its really hard to even the playing field and make a comeback. He's got decent matchups and is really good for the most part, but it takes waaaay too much time and dedication to have him as a side character since he's got such a big learning curve. Gonna take a lot of time and patience to get good with him if he's just a pocket, you might as well make him your new main if you intend to learn him. Its just not worth it imo. For matchups, I'd say he loses to :4ness::4pikachu::4sonic::4fox::4sheik:, maybe a few more potential bad MUs than that. I don't know anything about Meta Knight's matchups, but Lucina isn't exactly a good character and she kinda has trouble dealing with a lot of fighters in general, these ones included. If Meta Knight can't deal with these, maining him Greninja and Lucina is gonna give you quite some problems; and considering Greninja's learning curve I still find it hard to recommend him to begin with.

Its not particularly easy to recommend any of those other characters either: As it is now Mewtwo is pretty bad, probably a bottom 15 character right now and he's just not rewarding enough for how frail and big he is. Lucario is good, but I hear playing him is harder than it looks and he too has a big learning curve (though not as much as Greninja), He's really inconsistent because if you die first and lose your aura it can be real hard to make comebacks. Rosalina is probably the one I'd go with if I were you. Her learning curve is still above average overall, but she's probably the easiest one of the 4 to get down and she's the 2nd best character in the game (though Dabuz says otherwise) with little to no troublesome matchups, and at least does better against every one of those 5 I mentioned than Greninja does. She's still not easy to get accustomed to though, lose Luma and you become one of the worst characters and weaker in a lot of aspects, and it becomes very important to work on managing and protecting Luma to avoid that. She's still a handful, but not as much as the others are.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Others may disagree, but I'd honestly have to say no to Greninja being a 3rd character. Not many people play this character and there's a reason for that: An extremely precise character who requires you to make every move well calculated and make sure any punishment is as minimal as possible. You get killed first and your opponent has a lead, its really hard to even the playing field and make a comeback. He's got decent matchups and is really good for the most part, but it takes waaaay too much time and dedication to have him as a side character since he's got such a big learning curve. Gonna take a lot of time and patience to get good with him if he's just a pocket, you might as well make him your new main if you intend to learn him. Its just not worth it imo. For matchups, I'd say he loses to :4ness::4pikachu::4sonic::4fox::4sheik:, maybe a few more potential bad MUs than that. I don't know anything about Meta Knight's matchups, but Lucina isn't exactly a good character and she kinda has trouble dealing with a lot of fighters in general, these ones included. If Meta Knight can't deal with these, maining him Greninja and Lucina is gonna give you quite some problems; and considering Greninja's learning curve I still find it hard to recommend him to begin with.

Its not particularly easy to recommend any of those other characters either: As it is now Mewtwo is pretty bad, probably a bottom 15 character right now and he's just not rewarding enough for how frail and big he is. Lucario is good, but I hear playing him is harder than it looks and he too has a big learning curve (though not as much as Greninja), He's really inconsistent because if you die first and lose your aura it can be real hard to make comebacks. Rosalina is probably the one I'd go with if I were you. Her learning curve is still above average overall, but she's probably the easiest one of the 4 to get down and she's the 2nd best character in the game (though Dabuz says otherwise) with little to no troublesome matchups, and at least does better against every one of those 5 I mentioned than Greninja does. She's still not easy to get accustomed to though, lose Luma and you become one of the worst characters and weaker in a lot of aspects, and it becomes very important to work on managing and protecting Luma to avoid that. She's still a handful, but not as much as the others are.
Just going to clarify, he'd be a main, not a pocket, but I'm sure you knew that. Anyways, here's some things:
1. :4metaknight:: Sheik vs MK is actually quite even, but otherwise I'm unsure about the other 4. I also know he's a hard counter for Rosalina. In general, he and Lucina seem to work well together.
2. :4lucina:: I will continue to main Lucina throughout Smash 4, as I have with other low tiers: Like Mewtwo in Melee, and Sonic in Brawl. (even though I see Lucina being mid tier at the least as I fail to see her as a "bad character" but that's imo). As for MU's, what I know is likely above in MK's section.
3. My Choices: With each of my choices, I've been told I do decent with each (bar Mewtwo). Another thing with my choices:
a. I have to like the character.
b. I have to enjoy playing the character.
c. I have to be able to get results with the character.​
So, my choices all have their reasonings. Especially Lucina and Meta Knight.
4. Character Thoughts: Mewtwo is unlikely, but I wish he was. Lucario is barely likely, Greninja will likely surpass him. Greninja is likely, but apparently adds flaws to this plan and the group. Rosalina is likely, but I'm unsure and she is rather overused. Peach is a recent thought and has proven quite utility based, but I've heard you have to dedicate all your time to her. I also thought Robin would be interesting at one point or another, but I'm not much for spammy characters.
Thank you, Zant, Jaguar, and Snackss for your posts, as any and all info/thoughts will help me in my decision.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

2nd place at my first big tournament yaaaaaaay

I lost to a Dedede ;-;

I know that feeling when you drop a proper mindset when fighting a low tier/heavy because you think its a free win. Those moments have cost me games when I start falling into habits or traps. I don't know if that or knowing that you're not playing on point and getting discouraged is worse. Next time you'll win if you can just conquer your mind first.

EDIT: Never meant to imply anything is a free win because its not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snackss

Smash Journeyman
Nobody is a free win in any current fighting games. Not even Dan or DeeJay. Especially not Dan.

Jetkick

The Next Frokage
NNID
Jetkick
3DS FC
2122-7716-0679
Only free win i see is...is....see i had a joke but i lost it. not even free jokes are free.

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
Video done on Greninja's nerfed hurtbox.

Gonna spread this around a bit and, unfortunately, I think posting it on Reddit is a good idea just to get the word out.

After a few days I'll tweet it to Sakurai or something lol.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Video done on Greninja's nerfed hurtbox.

Gonna spread this around a bit and, unfortunately, I think posting it on Reddit is a good idea just to get the word out.

After a few days I'll tweet it to Sakurai or something lol.
Why, just why?

Thanks for sharing this, I'll try to help spread the word around as well!

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Looking like Greninja is my best choice so far. Also, as I think more on it, I remember someone mentioning that Greninja has bad MUs with Fox and Sonic. From what I can tell, Sonic and Fox are likely even with MK. I think I've got all fields covered with him. You may have a new permanent disciple. I'll keep you all posted on my decision, as you all have been the most welcoming group...rather than the warring Lucarios, and the angered Mewtwos. Nonetheless, I may need to seek guidance or ask questions on some things and I would assume the Greninja boards would be willing to help guide me in the right direction! ◥θ┴θ◤

istudying

Smash Lord
Hey guys!

Had a 72 offline tournament yesterday in the Netherlands (Holland).

I only played Greninja the whole tournament and got first place in singles & teams. Here are the results http://smashboards.com/threads/aval...-melee-smash-4-the-netherlands-europe.416619/

I definitely think that Greninja is top 5-8!

We unfortunately didn't save the replays =[.

Pretty happy that i could accomplish this with Greninja =D.

Just wanted to share this with my fellow Greninja mains.

Don't give up with Greninja there is more to come for this character.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Looking like Greninja is my best choice so far. Also, as I think more on it, I remember someone mentioning that Greninja has bad MUs with Fox and Sonic. From what I can tell, Sonic and Fox are likely even with MK. I think I've got all fields covered with him. You may have a new permanent disciple. I'll keep you all posted on my decision, as you all have been the most welcoming group...rather than the warring Lucarios, and the angered Mewtwos. Nonetheless, I may need to seek guidance or ask questions on some things and I would assume the Greninja boards would be willing to help guide me in the right direction! ◥θ┴θ◤
Glad to see that you're making progress in your decision and that Greninja seems to be good fit for you. Good luck!

I must agree about the Lucario and Mewtwo groups unfortunately. I rarely feel too good after leaving their boards...
Hey guys!

Had a 72 offline tournament yesterday in the Netherlands (Holland).

I only played Greninja the whole tournament and got first place in singles & teams. Here are the results http://smashboards.com/threads/aval...-melee-smash-4-the-netherlands-europe.416619/

I definitely think that Greninja is top 5-8!

We unfortunately didn't save the replays =[.

Pretty happy that i could accomplish this with Greninja =D.

Just wanted to share this with my fellow Greninja mains.

Don't give up with Greninja there is more to come for this character.
Wow, that's a really good result! Skeptical on Greninja being top 5-8 since :4sheik::4pikachu::4zss::4diddy::4ness::4sonic::4fox::4mario::4luigi: are likely better than him, but he's definitely a great character especially with his recent buffs (I think he's just below the top 10 personally). Good stuff regardless!

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
I think you can argue that Greninja is better than Luigi at this point. From a theory perspective I think his MUs are a lot less polarized overall and he has fewer bad MUs. From a results perspective we've got Luigi killing regionals but accomplishing little at national level, while Greninja just got 5th in a huge Japanese national and now 1st in a Netherlands national (presumably).

Regardless, I agree on Greninja not being top 5-8 as there are enough characters who are better than him, but let's not bring the man down!

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
Rosa boards are pretty silly. A bunch of people post analysis saying the mu is even, no rosa mains post analysis and they mark the mu as Rosas favor

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Rosa boards are pretty silly. A bunch of people post analysis saying the mu is even, no rosa mains post analysis and they mark the mu as Rosas favor
That's because two of the three Greninja players that posted an analysis said that it could be from even to Rosa's favor, so they just averaged it out.

The boards is pretty silly but in this case they're not at fault. That is why you should give definite answers instead of "could be this or could be that".

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
A minor nitpick but actually... the MK boards themselves seem to say that while MK slightly beats Fox, he still loses to Sonic & Sheik by around -1 (though to be honest this isn't too bad and shouldn't really affect u much in a tournament unless your opponent is around your skill level), and so does Greninja. Not sure how we fare against ZSS and Captain Falcon, as I have yet to play against either one of them locally in my region (I doubt either are that bad tho) but they also say he has a bit of trouble with Falcon and a lot of trouble with ZSS too, something I thought may be worth keeping in mind. Good luck on making your choice, hope you can make it soon! A warning reminder though: if you choose Greninja, be prepared for a mountain of training cuz of his learning curve and technicality, especially when you already have two characters under your belt. In the end you'll be rewarded handsomely if you fight your way through all of it, but its gonna be a loooong road.

Also this:
Just going to clarify, he'd be a main, not a pocket, but I'm sure you knew that.
Umm, if you already play Lucina and Meta Knight, that kind of would make him your pocket. Technically, it's only possible to "main" 1 character: the #1 character you perform best with and/or play the most often (your in-game records can tell you that), the term speaks for itself. You can play as many characters as you want to, but you can only play at your best and/or most with one. If you play Lucina the most, then that makes her your main, MK your secondary, and anybody else you play a pocket character (unless of course you plan to make Greninja your new #1 and play him more than both of them, then that makes him your main). Just saying.

On another note, had a tournament last saturday with around 58 people there and I placed 7th this time. Not as good as my 2nd place last time, but I'm pretty happy with it since i had a lot of fun matches (I had 2 real intense matches: One using Greninja angainst this pretty good MK player, and another using Mega Man against my state's Top D3 player) and for the first time, I was actually successful in using Greninja more often than I usually do. Most of the time I use Mega Man for most of my sets and Greninja for like 1/4th of them, but this time I used them both equally for the most part and my Greninja's finally coming alonmg as I want him to. After playing this game series called Battletoads (best rival of TMNT) recently, I've also gone back to using the Green color like I originally did since Greeninja kinda reminds me of the toads with it lol.

Unfortunately, I was forced to face the wrath of a Sheik player the day before the tournament in friendlies, he practically destroyed my soul and I couldn't defeat him either with Mega Man or Greninja. At this tournament I was called to face him, and as soon as I heard it I knew I was doomed, and doomed I was indeed and he was my passport to loser's bracket. Dealing with the needles, bouncing fish, and the notorious Fair was so exhausting and I couldn't find much to do about it, this is one of the few times I've ever played against Sheik locally and I usually don't have to play with this character, but when I did this time I felt so discouraged when I lost.Luckily, there were alot of people at the tournament so it took awhile for them to call my next match, giving me enough time to quit worrying and move on, and I was then tearing up almost everyone I met in losers. But then, I was eventually pitted against the same Sheik in bracket again, and I was scared shirtless again. Didn't even try to hide my fear in front of him and my friends, lost the first round as Greninja and switched to Rosalina since I knew I was gonna lose again anyway and I've been practicing with her for some time now. Surprisingly tho, I did better with her against him than I did with myreal two characters and I managed to take at least one game off of him, before struggling a bit the next and killing myself in an SD recovery that got me out of the tournament. I officially can't stand fighting Sheik now (or at least this one), and it looks like I'm gonna have to perfect my Rosalina a bit more now and work with the MU on Greninja next time I see that guy. Knowing Rosalina's learning curve, I know its gonna be a long one, but I'll pull through. Looks like I'm playing the blue guys now, and they're all pretty complicated lol :4greninja::4megaman::rosalina:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
A minor nitpick but actually... the MK boards themselves seem to say that while MK slightly beats Fox, he still loses to Sonic & Sheik by around -1 (though to be honest this isn't too bad and shouldn't really affect u much in a tournament unless your opponent is around your skill level), and so does Greninja. Not sure how we fare against ZSS and Captain Falcon, as I have yet to play against either one of them locally in my region (I doubt either are that bad tho) but they also say he has a bit of trouble with Falcon and a lot of trouble with ZSS too, something I thought may be worth keeping in mind. Good luck on making your choice, hope you can make it soon! A warning reminder though: if you choose Greninja, be prepared for a mountain of training cuz of his learning curve and technicality, especially when you already have two characters under your belt. In the end you'll be rewarded handsomely if you fight your way through all of it, but its gonna be a loooong road.
I appreciate your enthusiasm. For training, I feel I've got a decent amount from when I had WAY too many mains. He, Lucina, and MK have been able to stick around and hold my interest for the longest time.
Also this: Umm, if you already play Lucina and Meta Knight, that kind of would make him your pocket. Technically, it's only possible to "main" 1 character: the #1 character you perform best with and/or play the most often (your in-game records can tell you that), the term speaks for itself. You can play as many characters as you want to, but you can only play at your best and/or most with one. If you play Lucina the most, then that makes her your main, MK your secondary, and anybody else you play a pocket character (unless of course you plan to make Greninja your new #1 and play him more than both of them, then that makes him your main). Just saying.
This I disagree with. Anyone can have more than 1 main character if they put the same amount of time and effort into them. You likely disagree with this, so let's just say co-main (As that may be more accurate terminology anyways). Either way, I will co-main all these characters. I try to spend equal time on each and make sure they're all around the same in performance. I refuse to main only 1 character, as that's so little and hardly any variety. I also refuse to main any higher than 3, as that's proven to be WAY too many.
On another note, had a tournament last saturday with around 58 people there and I placed 7th this time. Not as good as my 2nd place last time, but I'm pretty happy with it since i had a lot of fun matches (I had 2 real intense matches: One using Greninja angainst this pretty good MK player, and another using Mega Man against my state's Top D3 player) and for the first time, I was actually successful in using Greninja more often than I usually do. Most of the time I use Mega Man for most of my sets and Greninja for like 1/4th of them, but this time I used them both equally for the most part and my Greninja's finally coming alonmg as I want him to. After playing this game series called Battletoads (best rival of TMNT) recently, I've also gone back to using the Green color like I originally did since Greeninja kinda reminds me of the toads with it lol.

Unfortunately, I was forced to face the wrath of a Sheik player the day before the tournament in friendlies, he practically destroyed my soul and I couldn't defeat him either with Mega Man or Greninja. At this tournament I was called to face him, and as soon as I heard it I knew I was doomed, and doomed I was indeed and he was my passport to loser's bracket. Dealing with the needles, bouncing fish, and the notorious Fair was so exhausting and I couldn't find much to do about it, this is one of the few times I've ever played against Sheik locally and I usually don't have to play with this character, but when I did this time I felt so discouraged when I lost.Luckily, there were alot of people at the tournament so it took awhile for them to call my next match, giving me enough time to quit worrying and move on, and I was then tearing up almost everyone I met in losers. But then, I was eventually pitted against the same Sheik in bracket again, and I was scared shirtless again. Didn't even try to hide my fear in front of him and my friends, lost the first round as Greninja and switched to Rosalina since I knew I was gonna lose again anyway and I've been practicing with her for some time now. Surprisingly tho, I did better with her against him than I did with myreal two characters and I managed to take at least one game off of him, before struggling a bit the next and killing myself in an SD recovery that got me out of the tournament. I officially can't stand fighting Sheik now (or at least this one), and it looks like I'm gonna have to perfect my Rosalina a bit more now and work with the MU on Greninja next time I see that guy. Knowing Rosalina's learning curve, I know its gonna be a long one, but I'll pull through. Looks like I'm playing the blue guys now, and they're all pretty complicated lol :4greninja::4megaman::rosalina:
If I pick Greninja, I'll be co-maining the blue guys as well. :4lucina: :4metaknight: :4greninja: :p
As for Shiek, yeah, I could see Shiek's being annoying. Very few MUs aren't in her favor. My MK usually doesn't have too much trouble, as the MU seems about even (at least to me), whereas Lucina is kinda meh on that MU. Greninja, it's been 50/50 from what I can tell...kinda hard to pinpoint where he, or any of the other potential co-mains lie.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
2nd place at my first big tournament yaaaaaaay

I lost to a Dedede ;-;
Congraaaatz!
Sorry, had to step in here and say that. Good ****. :>

First biggie?
I always had the impression you went to more. You're kinda too good not to dude. = w=;;;

Although, Location + gas money OP.

Degerix

Smash Champion
NNID
Degerix
3DS FC
1993-9128-8402
I never got around to commenting here. LOL

I'm a fellow Greninja main. I can't really go to tournaments due to restrictions but I consider myself a pretty good Greninja player. Nice to see there are a lot of other ninjas here!

Ludiloco

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ludiloco
That's because two of the three Greninja players that posted an analysis said that it could be from even to Rosa's favor, so they just averaged it out.

The boards is pretty silly but in this case they're not at fault. That is why you should give definite answers instead of "could be this or could be that".
I said I thought it was even but wouldn't be surprised if it was Rosa's favor. I just think it's a little upsetting they provided no analysis on it.

I feel like their mindset is "This character is not top tier or high tier and therefore we have an advantage"

Last edited:

Sh1n3

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know how to get me in the Skype group? It would help alot.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Congraaaatz!
Sorry, had to step in here and say that. Good ****. :>

First biggie?
I always had the impression you went to more. You're kinda too good not to dude. = w=;;;

Although, Location + gas money OP.
How do you know how good I am? lol

But yeah being a Sm4sh player in Brazil is kinda tough, especially since I'm not in the state where most tournaments happen.

Last edited:

Starman147

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0062-2134-9156
I never got around to commenting here. LOL

I'm a fellow Greninja main. I can't really go to tournaments due to restrictions but I consider myself a pretty good Greninja player. Nice to see there are a lot of other ninjas here!
Exact same problem with me dude. I frequent the online tournaments and Smash Ladder but still think that offline practice and tournaments is the best way to improve. Especially when a technical character like a Greninja does much worse in lag, from my experience.

Degerix

Smash Champion
NNID
Degerix
3DS FC
1993-9128-8402
Exact same problem with me dude. I frequent the online tournaments and Smash Ladder but still think that offline practice and tournaments is the best way to improve. Especially when a technical character like a Greninja does much worse in lag, from my experience.
I still don't have Internet so we still can't do dittos unfortunately. Do you have an Ethernet Adapter?

Starman147

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0062-2134-9156
@ Starman147 Starman147
Ayy Fancy seeing you here! How's your Greninja coming along?
Actually pretty good. I've been practicing footstool combos a lot from the one's you've taught me to the aMSa level ones (which are insanely difficult, by the way). I even managed to 60-death a Falcon the other day by performing a footstool combo from a baited air dodge. So satisfying to do successfully.

Also I do not have an ethernet adapter (my Wii U's not even in the same room as my router) but my internet's usually stable enough anyway to the point where I don't need it.

Last edited:

Degerix

Smash Champion
NNID
Degerix
3DS FC
1993-9128-8402
Actually pretty good. I've been practicing footstool combos a lot from the one's you've taught me to the aMSa level ones (which are insanely difficult, by the way). I even managed to 60-death a Falcon the other day by performing a footstool combo from a baited air dodge. So satisfying to do successfully.

Also I do not have an ethernet adapter (my Wii U's not even in the same room as my router) but my internet's usually stable enough anyway to the point where I don't need it.
Nice! Those combos are so satisfying to pull off. LOL
Now I'm just trying to get the hang of the ones used at low percents. They're difficult for me to pull off but I managed to pull them off a few times. ;_;

By the way, I'll have an Ethernet Adapter when we start doing dittos again.

Snackss

Smash Journeyman
Hasn't anyone tried out the down throw to footstool? I thought it was guaranteed at certain percents probably depending on DI and never heard anything about it again.

Degerix

Smash Champion
NNID
Degerix
3DS FC
1993-9128-8402
Hasn't anyone tried out the down throw to footstool? I thought it was guaranteed at certain percents probably depending on DI and never heard anything about it again.
I actually never heard of that. That sounds like it could use some testing though.

TheRealDonquavious

Smash Cadet
Down throw to footstool is unfortunately just a training room combo. Almost any DI at all, jump, air dodge, or attack will beat it out. It's unfortunate, but the hit stun just isn't great enough.
Also, I watched a VOD of aMSa playing some Greninjas the other day, and saw him up-throw, bait the air dodge, and fast fall nair into something else (I don't recall what). I thought about it, this could be another interesting and effective option out of up-throw at low percents. I wonder if it would have more payout than some of our other air dodge read options?

Top Bottom