• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The PokeHub: Universal PokeProject Thread-Feraligatr, Gardevoir and Hoppip Videos!

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
Just thought I would update and tell people cubone's walking and running animations are done thanks to Mr.Weegee. I'll see If I can maybe do dig in the next hour or so. It will be a rough version I'll fix it up tommorow for sure.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Tyranitar

I'm resuming work on Tyranitar I'm making a stomp animation but I took a short break to take a pic:

And I have the moveset laid out which I've already started on in PSA:
Basic Ground Attacks:
A+A+A combo: Two slashes with claws followed by a tail slam 3% for each strike and 9% on tail slam
Dash attack: Fire Fang, similar animation to bowser's dash attack with added flame damage near the sweetspot by the mouth 16%
F-tilt: Dragon Claw, long wind up claws will have either darkness or electricity and will slash in front of him making a claw strike in the air (like bowser's F-air) 10% damage
U-tilt: Focus Blast, Tyranitar rears up and unleashes a short-range blast of energy upwards, long wind up 18%
D-tilt: Earthquake, a jacked up version of avatar ness's dtilt short quick stomp followed by a shockwave impaling opponents caught in it into the ground and dealing 15% damage
Air attacks:
N-Air: Slash, Tyranitar's claws glow blue and he does a 360 14% 17% on sweetspot at end of animation
F-Air: Shadow Claw, Tyranitar does a slash similar to his F-tilt with added darkness and much higher knockback 11%
B-Air: Iron tail, similar animation to charizard's B-Air but with a few effects and a metallic sound effect 18%
U-Air: Iron Head, a little bit of fall lag and a headbutt upwards dealing 23% if it should hit
D-Air: Giga Impact, (I had to put this in here) Tyranitar stops for a second in midair and the plunges downwards surrounded by a purpler PSI magnet effect deals 7% on contact in the air and spikes enemy into the ground, 25% damage if he lands upon of an opponent and a slight explosion of earth at impact and a small shockwave dealing damage and have the push effect (This will be one of Tyranitar's strongest moves)
Down Smash: Tyranitar crosses his arms for charging and then when released he whips his arms out and unleashes a ring of dark energy with good range 27-34% and alot of knockback when an opponent is adjacent to Tyranitar and energy pulse deals 23-30% damage but even better knockback
Smashes:
Up Smash: Stone Edge, Tyranitar rears up for charging then slams his fists into the ground causing a multitude of stones and rocks to fly from the ground to a ways above his head, stones inflict 23-30% damage and tons of knockback and the body and ground can deal 20-25%
Side Smash: (I may still edit this but idk yet) Crush Dragon Claw, (yes i combined two attacks from pokemon) Dragon claw on steroids Tyranitar charges in a wind up almost to throw with his claws glowing then he slowly raises his foot then comes crashing forward his claws slaming into the ground causing an eruption of fire (big hitbox!), claws deal 29-36% electrical damage and eruption causes fire damage anda set 30% damage both deal massive knockback adn body only causes 13-18% damage with minimal knockback.
Specials:
Neutral Special: Hyper Beam, Ya you knew this was coming, Hyper Beam can be charged (I'm using a small PSI Magnet effect near the mouth) and thankfully it has a slight but still pretty strong push effect to negate some strategies. The beam takes about 1.5 times as long to fully charge as a charge shot from samus, the beam can range from the size and length of ROB's beam barely charged to almost as large as Suicune's Aurora Beam with great but not infinite range and on collision with walls will cause a sizeable explosion. Damage ranges from 3% all the way to 39% fully charged making it Tyranitar's strongest move damage wise and the charge can be held. A drawback to not make the move too broken is that the attack has pretty long windup lag and if Tyranitar is hit with damage during that animation not only will the attack stop but he'll lose his charge as well. Also after a fully charge blast Tyranitar will be left open for an attack for a few frames unable to defend him self (like a cooldown)
Side Special: Dragon Pulse, Tyranitar rears then comes into a running start kind of animation where a PSI Magnet effect forms near his mouth and a whirlwind of flames extends to the length of 3-4 custom stage blocks depending on whether you tap the joystick or not the flames deal 5% per hitbox and max massive push effect that is equivalent to a point blank Latios, the push effect is completely horizantal however also has cooldown to prevent spamming of the move.
Up Special: Rock Climb: (I may change this as well) Tyranitar forms a rock underneath him in the air, much like charizards side special, and he leaps off of it covering as much vertical ground as sonic's up special but the rock breaks into fragments which deal 4% damage, the rock itself when it's whole can deal 15% and can send opponents flying. On the ground Tyranitar does a hop and slams into the earth impaling nearby opponents and shoots skyward (I made this move primarily to have a set up to use Giga Impact, Tyranitar's D-Air).
Down Special: (Once again may change this in the future) Rock Slide!, Tyranitar pounds his fists into the ground unleashing 4-5 boulders on each side of him that go rolling at high speed for 2-3 seconds before breaking apart. The boulders can cause 16% damage each and have high knockback while framents only cause 3% damage, in the air it's a 360 animation followed by a brief blast of dust and then boulders materialize near his palms.
Taunts:
Up Taunt: Tyranitar poses and roars vibrating the screen
Side Taunt: (I gave Tyranitar a psuedo-reflector) Tyranitar winds up and roars in the direction of the taunt unleashing a blast of wind (Burabos wind effect there) with a strong push effect which negates and reflects projectiles depending on their trajectory left vulnerable afterwards.
Down Taunt: Summons a boulder and spins it on his claw like a basketball(has hitbox like snake's box)
Final Smash: Outrage: Tyranitar uses Giga Impact and Hyper Beam at the same time Firin a hyper beam horizabtally then charging across the stage killing anybody in his way (combination of Aura Storm and Critical Strike, Lucario's and Marth's Final Smashes)

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
*sniff*

someone plz... do tell me Golem will be considered as a heavy pokemon in the future...

if you could contact me via msn or idk, anywhere to help me make atleast a walking animation, that would actually get me starting to understand how to make em

an example of how would I learn this by a quick method

both someone and me preview the same model in BBox (Golem would just do the trick since he's body form me looks simple but I rather say it's complicated)

and then on you pc, you go on the frame 1-2 tell me what bones you move and why you moved them, explaining each detail, then that will get me to atleast work on the rest for myself, I will not rest until I learn this... but the hard way is impossible for a person like me... (HARD way = learn alone) plz don't tell me to try stuff myself, I'm stubborn, Impatience and dumb >.<

but hey, I never trully believe that I could make moveswaps without characters looking weird, or how to do psa stuff, or even get Assist Trophies hitboxes over a normal character, and so I learned, but by asking the kinds of you *cheers* I thank all the support I got there, and I would love to get some kind of support in this harder part of hacking/modding a character/model

also, do I need to model swap golem over a character first before doing he's moveset or is it ok if I start on the golem.brres?

*a lil tired* *yawns*

I will call this a day... *sniffing*

bye all and thanks in advance for the one that would like to teach me how to make a walk animation for golem (would be better if it's an animation made by the user but one from a game would do)

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
BTW, is anyone interested in making the PSA for Meowth?

Chaotix said that in terms of animation, he's pretty much done all the basic ones like Feraligatr. (walk, wait, jumps, fall, run, etc)
Is there a moveset planned?
BC i have some suggestions lol, Meowth is pretty high on my "why weren't they in brawl?!" list XD

Anyways, when my wii is unbricked next week i could offer a bit of help

JOE!

Smash Hero
*looks over Ttar set* thats, horribly broken dude, he has a ton of great projectiles, good kill moves, great damage, great recovery (SONIC'S SPRING HEIGHT?!) on top of being a heavy i assume?

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but only the B moves. They're on the first post.
Looks cool. My only different suggestion was Metal Claw for a B^: Performs an uppercut upward, with his(her) claws clowing. Sends an air slash diagonally upward in the direction he slashed, sortof like the slash that moves along the ground at the end of Kirby's B^. Aerialace is cool to tho Xp.

I must admit though, Meowth's Party is a hard to resist final smash, with Barbara having a snatchable guitar XD. Melee's Mewoth trophy holding a guitar too lol

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Well I've got a bunch of animations and I'm busy making more and i didn't put his drawbacks:
-Killer fall rate, horrible aerial prowess
-everything is slowww so people have time to interrupt the attack
-Can't move fast on ground his run is still slow, I emphasized his great weight when i editted the pokepark animations to make his run
-His "great" projectiles and slow speed make him easy game for reflector based character's like Pit
I will probably reduce the recovery too, but please instead of saying soo broken please tell me what I should fix? I'm completely going to edit the moveset I just want a goal to shoot for you know what i mean?
Edit: hey Guythatyoumightknow you can add me and Tyranitar to the project! and Vishkugeta that guy you told me was working on Tyranitar? Well I lloked at that thread and he doesn't even have the files yet! lol then again i still wouldn't if it were for piggybank67's generosity

JOE!

Smash Hero
well, you didnt exactly mention his normal attributes, just the animations and damages of his moves....

stuff liek fall speed, ground speed, air DI, etc would change it up.

Also those great projectiles being countered by reflectors isnt really an excuse when only ....5 characters out of 39 have them?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I know that guy XD. When i go to edit signiture, it says posting pictures is NOT allowed ??
Post exactly what you're trying, step by step in the Questions and Suggestions thread in the pool room.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
well, you didnt exactly mention his normal attributes, just the animations and damages of his moves....

stuff liek fall speed, ground speed, air DI, etc would change it up.

Also those great projectiles being countered by reflectors isnt really an excuse when only ....5 characters out of 39 have them?
Fair enough lol I'm making animations but its getting late I'll probably resume making them tomorrow sometime hey joe did you know that some hacker made a hack to play as rayquaza like over an alloy?? I downloaded it just to get some stuff out for Tyranitar I might use rayquaza's projectile thing for Hyper Beam lol except it's not really a beam then...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
lol, but that would require chikorita and quilava to be made to flesh out Johto trainer...
No it doesn't, just have Ivy/Squirtle with him until the others are made. :D

JOE!

Smash Hero
No it doesn't, just have Ivy/Squirtle with him until the others are made. :D
lol

anyways, @TTar man:

i'd suggest you take a moment to consider how everything will play together with making this guy's moveset.

sure he may be slow, but with so much range and power....why would he need to move?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Not bad, but is pretty overpowered. Plus, imo, Hyperbeam should be something without a charge, but be something that leaves you vulnerable for a couple of seconds after use. Could be used primarily as a kill/attacking people who are offstage move.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I don't think Tyranitar should have a ton of range. He should be more than averagely powerful, slightly below average speed, great ground game, average air game and a decent recovery.

Basically all around really.

JOE!: Sure, you can have it, it'd only be fair, though I'm not sure what you'll think; he's lookin really good so far. Finally got a falling animation done, and now he just needs jumps. o.o I really don't want to release a pre-alpha, alpha, or really anything before it's done to the public, but if the big guy gets enough attention I guess it'd be okay.

Vishkugeta: Maybe I could help out a bit. I'm willing to help anyone here really.

NAMQ: If you're having problems animating a walk/run, how about getting Golem to curl into a ball and rolling for a walk/run? Shouldn't be hard.

Remember to remind me to update the OP!

JOE!

Smash Hero
Just out of curiosity, did you get all his stats to work, such as his elemental resistance/weakness to fire and grass repectivley?

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Just out of curiosity, did you get all his stats to work, such as his elemental resistance/weakness to fire and grass repectivley?
That's something I'm not exactly worried about yet, but that will get done. Right now animations are the biggest priority, and PSA of course.

In other news, Death Roll is just about done. Just needs a landing animation and it's set. He spins about 3 times and halts right after the third. Might be a TAD too fast, but it looks great so far. I'll get a snapshot up in a second.

Also in other news: Torterra really isn't that huge. He's just a bit bigger than Bowser or Feraligatr really, though his wide body makes him seem very large.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Ya TTAR is coming along I'm doing the jump animation but idon't think he should flip you know? like hes not acrobatic or anything sooo he should probably just keep upright and @TGUMK what did youthink I should change about Ttar's moveset? Also how do you make new chr0 animation files? I've just been adding on to other animations right now and making them better

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
About the moveset, not sure. I just posted some ideas on his attributes was all.

If you want to make new CHR0s, I'd just suggest you open the FitMotionEtc of the character you're replacing and start on the animations already there. They'll all be T-Posed because none of the bone animations in the CHR0s match the model's anyway, so animate away.

But before you replace the CHR0s with the preset ones, make SURE you change the unknowns to 0. That's going to cause a freeze if you don't, and I've come across times where I didn't know what to do, when it was just my CHR0s screwing me over. xD

EDIT: First post updated with snapshot. :3

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
About the moveset, not sure. I just posted some ideas on his attributes was all.

If you want to make new CHR0s, I'd just suggest you open the FitMotionEtc of the character you're replacing and start on the animations already there. They'll all be T-Posed because none of the bone animations in the CHR0s match the model's anyway, so animate away.

But before you replace the CHR0s with the preset ones, make SURE you change the unknowns to 0. That's going to cause a freeze if you don't, and I've come across times where I didn't know what to do, when it was just my CHR0s screwing me over. xD

EDIT: First post updated with snapshot. :3
i only see one new pic ;(

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Chicorita, Quilava, and Feraligatr.

I CAN'T WAIT.

If you need some help with Brawlbox or anything just ask, I'm know that program like the back of my hand :3
*Shiver* Pokepark has reaaaally low poly models :p

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
huh, i had death roll on a Y axis spin, you have it on an X axis...but that may be better as it can be easier to hit, regardless of a smaller hitbox

for referance, this but in the air:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZhHHVsAnI4

starts around 1:20ish
Hm. That does look cooler.

Though yeah, I did it that way because I thought the spikes on his back would be used to attack, like Wolf's nair. Though this Death Roll could be used for something else I bet.

EDIT: OH GOD.

FERALIGATR CAN RUN AND WALK NOW.

YES.

JOE!

Smash Hero
true, looking at it it did make a bit more sense, but at the same time it was more unique as a big, long hitbox in the air as opposed to the standard spin everyone else had :p

Speaking of which, how big is feraligatr here? THink we could get a snapshot of him like, next to bowser and Ganon for referances?

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
well, i guess i'll post this here in hopes that i can get people to help me. If you can fix the running glitch on the pokemon, plz help me.

Project Rotom

Moves
B- Charge Beam
>B- Swift
vB- Dark Pulse
^B- Ominous Wind

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Plasmakirby1, have you tried moving the Waist (or 2nd bone index)'s Z axis for movement? That should work, as it worked for Feraligatr, after much tinkering. (Although it isn't working for Scyther....wierd.)

Oh wow, sorry JOE!, just forgot about your request. xD

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
Plasmakirby1, have you tried moving the Waist (or 2nd bone index)'s Z axis for movement? That should work, as it worked for Feraligatr, after much tinkering. (Although it isn't working for Scyther....wierd.)
if i send you the files, could you get it working, then i could use it as a reference for future pokemon?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Okay, Gardevoir is (sorta) on her way to Brawl! :3!
Should I put the character post here?
It's whatever the bone index of the original character's TransN is. X____x

JOE!

Smash Hero
sorry to keep bothering you TGYMK, but im just insanley curious about how true to the set he will come out to be :p

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman

Oh wow, sorry JOE!, just forgot about your request. xD
DARNIT! If scyther cant move then that blows the project

Moving is an important part of the character i cant just base him off of jumping darnit

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Yes, leaf, that's true, Scyther's Spine is the right bone; but he can't move his bottom half accordingly due to Waist moving the whole body instead of just his bottom half, so for now, Scyther won't be able to actually move without parts of his body lagging behind. =/

Plasmakirby1: Sure, send.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Yes, leaf, that's true, Scyther's Spine is the right bone; but he can't move his bottom half accordingly due to Waist moving the whole body instead of just his bottom half, so for now, Scyther won't be able to actually move without parts of his body lagging behind. =/

Hmm... Can the bone adder add bones onto specific bones?

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman

*freaks out* OMG then this means *Tsuyoshio gets a message on his phone and it reads* YOU GOT FAIL!!!!!!! OMG I CANT FAIL THE PROJECT!

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
*freaks out* OMG then this means *Tsuyoshio gets a message on his phone and it reads* YOU GOT FAIL!!!!!!! OMG I CANT FAIL THE PROJECT!
It's an easy fix. Just move the bones that are dragging behind him forward. Then it should look like normal. I did some editing to the animations Mr.Weegee did for me like that and cubone looks much better

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
It's an easy fix. Just move the bones that are dragging behind him forward. Then it should look like normal. I did some editing to the animations Mr.Weegee did for me like that and cubone looks much better
Problem: The bones that are dragging behind move the entire body, not just the lower part.

All I can suggest is to maybe move the project onto Link or someone like that... :<

Top Bottom