• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The PokeHub: Universal PokeProject Thread-Feraligatr, Gardevoir and Hoppip Videos!

JOE!

Smash Hero
we'll need somebody to make chikorita and quilava (preferably from my sets like Feraligatr :p), as Feraligatr as-is is designed with a pokemon switch Down Special....

D

Deleted member

-deleted message-

Last edited by a moderator:

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Can anyone who knows how to animate plz pm me I really need to learn how

EDIT: Wait Starwaffle u kno how right? think you could make a tutorial on how you do it?

Just use brawl box, It's not really something i can make a tutorial for.

Conrtol where each bone is for the frames you want him to move :s

BassForever

Smash Rookie
Just read through this entire topic and I'm really excited to see all these various projects being worked on. I'd work on a Murkrow/Honchkrow but I'm terrible with all of this stuff so I'll just hope someone else feels like doing one someday lol.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Ya those are really great tutorials! :) anybody have a moveset for garchomp? I'm going to do him after tyranitar

JOE!

Smash Hero
Well, it can learn it, and it would be better than Growl. :/
while true, and would somewhat make sense as Charizard uses rocksmash, but that is excused for it being f***ing ******.

the problem is from a thematic sense, wouldnt it be cooler to give cubone more ground type moves, etc?

Fr example, B could be sand attack, which could cause the "shieldbreak" effect if a magority fo the sand hits the foe, "blinding" them

highfive

Smash Lord
Ya those are really great tutorials! :) anybody have a moveset for garchomp? I'm going to do him after tyranitar
Neutral B: Roar; sort of like vBrawl Link's boomerang return in the sense that it won't cause damage and will rather push the opponent away, great for gimping recovery.

Side Special: Rapid Spin??? Earthquake??? Frick if I know. I only played Pokemon 'til Gen II.

Up Special: Something like Wario's Up Special.

I don't know. Tossing out ideas.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Neutral B: Sandstorm

Tyranitar holds still, like a spacey holding upa reflector, as a flurry of sand spins around himself. Foes to hit the sand take rapid damage and pitiful KB, however the sand acts as a physical barrier that foes must pass through to attack Tyranitar, keeping him safe, but immobile.

Side B: Fissure

Only working while on the ground, fissure sends a shockwave through the stage, sending a large stalagmite up about 2-3 stage builder blocks away from himself, and doing a hefty 14% to opponents, and high vertical Knockback.

Up B: Rock Slide

Tyranitar tosses up a flurry of boulders above himself, which then go about as high as Ivysaur's bullet seed from his head, and crash back down to earth around himself for 8% damage each.

In the air, tyranitar gets a small boost while tossing them upwards, as well as the ability to "footstool" the falling rocks to make his way back to safety. Great vs gimp-tastic opponents, since they have to enter the rockslide to try and get you.

Down B: Payback

tyranitar lashes out with his claws while a feint black aura surrounds him, doing 10% damage and moderate KB. Howeverm during the attack Tyranitar has heavy armor, and if hit, he will double the damage to 20% with knockback rivaling the falcon punch.

Rikana

Smash Champion
So I'd like to start a project on my own but I have no idea where to start. I read a bit and someone mentioned Wacka Alpaca's channel on youtube. I gave it a try and I'm still lost since there's so many videos. There's too many applications as well and I have no idea what to do.

There are things that rip MDLO's, edit bones, animation swaps, etc. Its just too much information for me to handle.

If possible, can someone PM me brief instructions on how to start? I want to start a pokemon project as well. So if possible, list of applications I need and what they're used for. Where should I started reading? And what files are needed (like.. do I need to download that PokePark game in order to get the MDLO models?). Basically.. anything that helps me along the way.

bustah_wurrf

Smash Cadet
Up B: Rock Slide

Tyranitar tosses up a flurry of boulders above himself, which then go about as high as Ivysaur's bullet seed from his head, and crash back down to earth around himself for 8% damage each.

In the air, tyranitar gets a small boost while tossing them upwards, as well as the ability to "footstool" the falling rocks to make his way back to safety. Great vs gimp-tastic opponents, since they have to enter the rockslide to try and get you.
If the rocks go up, then why not make it Stone Edge?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Theres a lot of people stating they are going to make these pokemon playable, and even talking about doing another pokemon after they "finish" their first one.

Let me just point out making a character with a model import requires a substantial amount of work.

since it is a model import ALL their animations are in T-Pose which means you need to make 250+ animations from scratch give or take a few because pokemon come with aprx. 10 usable animations.
For me, each animation takes about 1 to 2 1/2 hours depending how long the animation is.

after finishing making allllll those animations you must make a PSA for your character so that all you attacks work properly, I dont do PSA but I'd imagine this takes a considerable amount of time as well.

Of corse you'll need to remake all the sfx and csp's.

I don't think most of you realize how much time and effort is required to make new characters.

JOE!

Smash Hero
what if alot of animations are recycled?

on that topic, would Feraligatr's Crunch be able to have the "movement" part where he can toss around opponents who get bit? Or is that an impossibility?

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Well you've got a point there StarWaffle, however let me give you a little perspective on what I did before I got here. Technically I'm introducing myself but whatever, I was/still am the head part maker, animation editor and overall a very good modder at sporedum forums where I have postponed a project to work on some brawl modding for awhile and I've used T-Pose and many 3d modeling programs before I'm professional level I believe I could make you a model from scratch to use in brawl though it would take a longg time. Anyway once I get my Tyranitar rip back I'll start on it again.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Theres a lot of people stating they are going to make these pokemon playable, and even talking about doing another pokemon after they "finish" their first one.

Let me just point out making a character with a model import requires a substantial amount of work.

since it is a model import ALL their animations are in T-Pose which means you need to make 250+ animations from scratch give or take a few because pokemon come with aprx. 10 usable animations.
For me, each animation takes about 1 to 2 1/2 hours depending how long the animation is.

after finishing making allllll those animations you must make a PSA for your character so that all you attacks work properly, I dont do PSA but I'd imagine this takes a considerable amount of time as well.

Of corse you'll need to remake all the sfx and csp's.

I don't think most of you realize how much time and effort is required to make new characters.
What if I use animations that already exist in Brawl? As that's what I plan to do and just build up from there. I'm not going to give myself such a challenging project when I have no experience with this. For example, tilts from character A, smash attacks from character B, specials from Character C, etc.

Thanks for informing me though. But, I'm still interested in picking up a project for myself just to learn. I never plan to release it unless I actually think I'm doing well on it. So back to the main question "What if I use animations that already exist in Brawl?" Would that cut down the amount of hours and hours of work?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
What if I use animations that already exist in Brawl? As that's what I plan to do and just build up from there. I'm not going to give myself such a challenging project when I have no experience with this. For example, tilts from character A, smash attacks from character B, specials from Character C, etc.

Thanks for informing me though. But, I'm still interested in picking up a project for myself just to learn. I never plan to release it unless I actually think I'm doing well on it. So back to the main question "What if I use animations that already exist in Brawl?" Would that cut down the amount of hours and hours of work?
If you are using a model from a different game, then there are NO useable animations from brawl.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The Pokemon look great so far--looking forward to seeing them playable.

Someone should make a Golduck.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
If you are using a model from a different game, then there are NO useable animations from brawl.
Well, you can just rename bones. We did it with some models. Though the bones aren't always in the same structure, so it may not work out the same.

When the rebuilder comes we'll be able to "Brawl-ify" the bone structure of the new models, and easily use current animations and fix bone problems.

In other words (or tl;dr), don't be too sure. :p

JOE!

Smash Hero
oh, and TGTMK, you are working on crunch, correct?

is it possible to add the "DI" effect it has that make him ragdoll opponents? :bee:

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
hey I extracted my tyranitar model the hard way last time now I'm trying to use szs modifier so how do i extract the brres files??

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
His B> NEEDS to be dragon rush. Its a sweet move and the animation is alreay in Pokepark lol

B: Fire Fang: Chargeable; while charging small flames come from his jaw. When used, Garchomp leans forward and clamps his jaw, meanwhile, two flaming set of teeth clamp in front of him.

B>: Dragon Rush: Play the game

B^: Twister: Garchomp raises one arm upward as a whirlwind swirls around the lower half of his body thrusting him upward. The wind may psudo-spike an enemy downward while his extended claw will damage on contact.

Bv: Roar: Opens his mouth wide and roars powerfully. The resulting wind will plow away enemies and deflect projectiles (from that direction only of course)

Final Smash: Dragon Rage: Pilars of Dragonfire rapidly rise and fall across the ground. If you've played Megaman 10 you know what im talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-45YtYh41To < @4:40 except bigger, faster, and MUCH more fire lol

JOE!

Smash Hero
anyways i might need to think up a Down B for feraligatr, but it depends if everyone wants it to be part of a trainer (gold/Johto) set, or a stand alone?

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
does my hoppip count in this thread or does he really need to have pokepark model? D:

and I will make those 3 on my spare time :3
[collapse=HIDDEN CHARACTERS]
Dusknoir

planned moves:
B: Night shade/shadow punch
>B: Shadow punch /will o wisp
^B: Shadow sneak
VB: gravity
final smash: mean lock/ curse / trick room
Drilblim

B: spit up / shadow ball
>B: astonish
^B: gust/ ominous wind
VB: stockpile - swallow / minimize
finalsmash: explostion / ominous wind

Lopunny
*no pick for now ;_; except of this
B: return
>B: dizzy punch / pound
^B: sky uppercut / bounce / jump kick
VB: charm
final smash: frustration / dizzy punch[/collapse]

Matteron

Smash Ace
anyways i might need to think up a Down B for feraligatr, but it depends if everyone wants it to be part of a trainer (gold/Johto) set, or a stand alone?
You make it body slam...

does my hoppip count in this thread or does he really need to have pokepark model? D:
and I will make those 3 on my spare time :3
[collapse=HIDDEN CHARACTERS]
Dusknoir
planned moves:
B: Night shade/shadow punch
>B: Shadow punch /will o wisp
^B: Shadow sneak
VB: gravity
final smash: mean lock/ curse / trick room
Drilblim
B: spit up / shadow ball
>B: astonish
^B: gust/ ominous wind
VB: stockpile - swallow / minimize
finalsmash: explostion / ominous wind

Lopunny
*no pick for now ;_; except of this*
B: return
>B: dizzy punch / pound
^B: sky uppercut / bounce / jump kick
VB: charm
final smash: frustration / dizzy punch[/collapse]
I think that belongs here...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'd probably stick with the down-B as swap for now, then add a down-b later. But then again I'm biased because

a) I like being able to swap pokemon
b) The sooner I can try out some new pokemon the better XD

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
This hardly qualifies as on-topic but with all the new banners i guess it is...

Why am I not allowed to have a Picture in my sig? Is it about post count, bc I've seen people with 3 posts and a banner o.o'?

v See?

Rikana

Smash Champion
This hardly qualifies as on-topic but with all the new banners i guess it is...

Why am I not allowed to have a Picture in my sig? Is it about post count, bc I've seen people with 3 posts and a banner o.o'?

v See?
Your posts (note: NOT post count) need to pass a certain limit before your signature shows.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I think a certain amount of characters, but I could be wrong. I think it might be the length of the post, pictures included. Usually quoting something already gives you enough length for the signature to appear.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
I know that guy XD. When i go to edit signiture, it says posting pictures is NOT allowed ??

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
on topic

nobody here likes rock pokemon at all :(

I tried animating golem to move he's legs as he would be walking, but I have no idea how to move each bone rotation to make that happen :(

tgymk might you be able to help me with this one? I would love to have golem join brawl to an he would be 50% more heavier than bowser, but he would have super armor on all animations (10% attacks and higher will cause knockback)

idk... I want some love for golem, I wonder if anyone loves golem here... :(

help me with this, I need alot of help :(

Top Bottom