• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Player's Brawl NOW A BRAWLFEST - Hartford, CT - Apr 18, 08 - Parking Up

Cort

Apple Head
Jam, get on AIM

I hope you don't mind me hosting an ESTICLE the day after this event (OoSers will have a nice 2 day brawlfest in CT)

Anyway, I'm gonna question your ruleset (which I don't disagree with, it looks nice. I just want to know your reasoning for banning or including certain stages)

Why is something like the Great Sea a counterpick while Mario Circuit isn't? I have them backwards in my ruleset, I have Mario Circuit counterpickable and Great Sea banned due to the water/ship hazards/exploding bombs, though it is debatable I foresee this stage giving people a lot of unnecessary kills. Mario Circuit on the other hand, has walk off ledges and the cars which you can predict coming from the map in the backround. I was very lenient in including it as a counterpick because I think the walk off ledges are enough to call it ban worthy.. but I'd rather give it a try to prove that it's not worth being a counterpick before making such a decision.

You also have Bridge of Eldin banned while I have it as a counterpick, also due to the walk off ledges.. but there aren't any other hazards really and the stage is huge and fairly easy to camp on/stay away from the ends (a good thing)

You have Pokemon Stadium 2 banned, I have it as a counterpick. Again, I really dislike the physics changes, but it's certainly not something you want to warrant a ban over. I would first put it to test in a tournament setting and then see how it turns out.

You have distant planet as banned, while I see it as a potential neutral (I have it as a counterpick in my list) There's really nothing that bad about this stage aside from the 1 walk off ledge to the left.

Shadow Moses Island, I agree that it's a candidate to be banned due to the walls and the ridiculously easy DDD CGs you can do on them, but you can destroy the walls and then.. it becomes walk off ledges... LOL hmm I guess I should have it banned what a dumb stage =/

Why do you have elektroplankton banned? I love that stage... really need to try acid and play it a lot. Errr, but seriously theres really nothing wrong with the stage apart from how large it is, however it's impossible to always camp and never be hit as Dazwa has test with Sonic... I think it definitely deserves at least a counterpick to test it in tournament.

Once again I hope you change around your list at least a little to help test out Brawl tournies to actually have reason to ban the stages you have listed (though to be honest, I don't disagree with your list... I'd rather play it than experiment with crazy stages to warrant whether or not they should be banned >_<)

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Cort, honestly I just ripped that list from another thread to serve as a discussion starting point. Once I get a computer, I would greatly appreciate your help in revising the ruleset.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
im with cort on this some of your stages do seem off also elktroplankton stage should burn in hell... i hate that level ever so much and finally if anyone wants to trade fc's pm me

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
CT's worst Peach. Float Cancelling... what's that?
It's a free Brawl tournament. Also, since Jam can't update the first page at the moment, I'll post the definitive stage list here for now.

Neutral:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Brawl Yoshi's Island

Counterpick:

Mario Circuit
Norfair
Luigi's Mansion
Pokemon Stadium 2
Distant Planet
Pictochat
Castle Siege
Hanenbow
Green Hill Zone
Onett
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar

Banned:

Bridge of Eldin
Skyworld
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
Pirate Ship
Spear Pillar
Shadow Moses Island
Port Town Aero Dive
Wariorware, Inc.
New Pork City
Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Temple
Melee Yoshi's Island
Jungle Japes
Big Blue

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
To Cort, I never was able to face you at VIIEsticle in Wallingford, so I look forward to seeing you there, PREPARE TO EAT MY SNAKE... the character... yea awkward.

EDIT: And will this Esticle be held at the same Digital Mayhem, NEED KNOW I MUST

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
This is NOT a Brawlfest. This is a free tournament. Cort, I don't mind you holding an esticle the day after. This is a good chance for risk-free practice for everyone, I think.

MoBB_DeeP

Smash Rookie
sorta new to this site but i live like rite outside Hartford and am really interested in twisted some caps back in this, wats the status on sign ups, if any?

stillsickwithit

Smash Rookie
im definitely showing up, me with 2 or 3 of my friends, hopefully alot of people go to this....brawl is so sick

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Well, the last Esticle I went to was VII, which was the most recent I believe, and that was held at the Digital Mayhem in Wallingford, only liek, 1/2 an hour from me thank god. But don't let us rush u Cort, I'm sure ur schedule is busy :p.

Cosmic M

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1461-6294-8810
I'm new around here also.

Ill show up if i can, I know i don't have school that day so that's a plus. Too far away to say anything definitivly yet.

noodles

Smash Champion
^^^ yea if tis tournament is free then holding an esticle the day after shouldnt pose any problems.

also, why is brigde of eldin banned? just wondering
i think it was chain grabbing with dedede off the stage and camping? im not sure.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
yay ixesticle was deffifitely the lastest, i was suppose to go but i think a cat distractd me or something, but ill defiifnitely be at sexticle this time

unknownforce

Smash Lord
The event is free? I don't mind, but is there any particular reason?

Since there are two events, I'm almost certainly going to need housing. Cort, if you are attending, we should team (unless you already have a partner).

Pat, your experience is too deadly, but the rest of us might get lucky! In any case, it will be fun to face you and your upsmashing Lucas.

Cort

Apple Head
I'll team with you unless Chris ends up going (I think he might considering ESTICLE is the next day and Chris usually comes over a day or two in advance, and we're teaming for ESTICLE).

Dual Meta Knights spamming tornado over and over is too fun though... >.>

unknownforce

Smash Lord
I'll team with you unless Chris ends up going (I think he might considering ESTICLE is the next day and Chris usually comes over a day or two in advance, and we're teaming for ESTICLE).

Dual Meta Knights spamming tornado over and over is too fun though... >.>
Haha, we should do a team friendly even if Chris comes just so we can give that a try. I'm considering going random for this event too since I like playing as all the characters and once again have like 6 mains (ugh!)

Yup

Smash Rookie
This looks awsome. I'll be there, and pending on good parking/ unloading my TV cause its heavy, I'll bring my rather large TV and my wii+brawl, I have all the stages unlocked so we should be good to go with that.

Yup

Smash Rookie
Oh ****e- well Its bout 50lbs, but I can lug it a ways, if I can stop at the entrance- then go park. if it'll help the tourney I'll bring it.

Top Bottom