• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Player's Brawl NOW A BRAWLFEST - Hartford, CT - Apr 18, 08 - Parking Up

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
Hey congrats on winning the Anime Boston tournament, **** Tom... I heard from a friend that went. :}

Trademark, my friend John (I think his username here is Omega or something of that nature) said we were supposed to have a crew battle a while ago? Lol...

Okay, okay... anyways, I'm going to try to attend this little event here. Secretly, I lose passwords to all my accounts so I don't expect anyone to recognize who I am. Fresh new Brawl start, I s'pose? 8}

See y'guys there~
So does this mean you would like to house me for friday night?

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
antioch is the only person i kno that fits this descripton

in any event, i'd love to crew battle you/play you guys
'Tis I... ;}

Maybe we can set something up in the near future, nyeh? I'll PM you.

So does this mean you would like to house me for friday night?
Yr welcome to stay if you'd like. West Haven isn't exactly the closest city to Hartford, but my apartment has plenty of room...

I'll let you know. Or you let me know... *shrug*

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
MAJOR UPDATE

After talking it over with a few people, we have decided that this event will now be a BRAWLFEST, and NOT A TOURNAMENT. There are several reasons for this, but suffice to say the administration at my school is giving me the run-around, and a Brawlfest allows me to say "**** you" to them and do what I want. Please check the first post, but I will sum up the changes here.

Major changes:
1) The time frame has been changed. We will get started at 11:00 AM and end before 7:00 PM. I have learned that the free parking lot closes at 7:00 PM and your car will be locked in, so keep this in mind!

2) We will no longer be on the 11th floor, but on the 7th floor instead. Those of you that have been to Capital know that there is less room on the 7th floor, but I don't need to ask the school permission to use the 7th floor the same way I do to use the auditorium.

3) This is a Brawlfest. Melee is fine, but you MUST provide your own TV to play it on. The eight school TVs we'll have are reserved for Brawl.

I apologize to everyone who was looking forward to a tournament, but with BRESTICLE being the next day anyway, I think this works out better for everyone. For those who will still be attending, I'll see you there!

noodles

Smash Champion
gee willikers that really sux...mainly because it probably wont count towards ranking

noodles

Smash Champion
i hate facing your MK HATE=losing

mainly cuz of lagless down smashes

noodles

Smash Champion
stares at sean most violently

fresh donuts, bagels, and muffins will be on sale for 50 cents each LOL

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Okay, I'm a little unsure of how many people will be attending now that this isn't a tournament, so if you can post and let me know so that I can have an approximate head count, that would be aces.

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
i was thinking of coming to this, but would somebody tell me where the free parking lot is located cause i've been to the college before but i have no idea where that parking lot is.

1mpulse

Smash Rookie
i was thinking of coming to this, but would somebody tell me where the free parking lot is located cause i've been to the college before but i have no idea where that parking lot is.
No one tell him where it is! And when hes walking by we turn off all the lights and pretend no ones in the room like Anne Frank and the Nazi's

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
the parking lot is actually behind the school ill talk to jam and see if we can get some signage goin on.. illpost the street its on when i remember but its right off of main street so its not to hard to find

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
No one tell him where it is! And when hes walking by we turn off all the lights and pretend no ones in the room like Anne Frank and the Nazi's
wow im a Nazi, amazing
Heil Gonzales

the parking lot is actually behind the school ill talk to jam and see if we can get some signage goin on.. illpost the street its on when i remember but its right off of main street so its not to hard to find

thanks hopefully i'll park in the rigth place, i've been counting my gas money and everything looks pretty good.

Smunisher

Smash Rookie
Def coming to this tourny, cant wait. I was reading the rules, so it's one and done? Is there going to be a losers bracket or anything?

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Def coming to this tourny, cant wait. I was reading the rules, so it's one and done? Is there going to be a losers bracket or anything?
its not really a tourney any more rather a huge brawl orgy, much brawlin in a small space, just a huge get together to smash bros :], the is a real tourney being held the day after at digital mayhem in wallingford[saturday] which is being run by cort

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
For those of you interested in the Uconn Tourney AFTER Jams Event----

I PLAN on going to this tourney as well...seeing as the drive is really not THAT bad. If any of you guys need a ride, place to stay, or whatever...let me know. All i ask is a small pitch in of gas....or you buy me food! Anything around the range of 3-5 dollars work beautifully.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
i won't be coming :( :( :(
2 papers due friday by 5pm. most likely they won't be done until 4:55 pm that day...
SAD PANDA

Yes, as The Dragon said, this is not a tournament, but a smash fest. But don't despair, for there is a tournament right afterwards!

Hey everyone, I hope you're all enjoying Brawl so far.

_milktea and POF have both mentioned this a little bit earlier, I think, but I was hoping some of us here might be interested in a Brawl tournament taking place at Storrs/UConn on Friday. It does take place on the same day as Jam Stunna's smashfest, but interestingly, Jam's event (according to the topic) ends at 7PM, and the first round of this UConn tournament doesn't start until 9PM. Because UConn is only a short drive away from Hartford, the idea occured to me that maybe those of you who are attending Jam's smashfest, who still want to brawl afterwards, could easily go straight from The Player's Brawl to UConn's tournament for additional practice and play before XESTICLE.

Because of the 9PM start, the tournament is expected to be very strict on time - but I've been working with the director and other organizers over the past weeks and I think the rules, turnout, and overall handling will be comparable to many other tournaments. The prizes are set to a Nintendo DS w/ Mario Kart (1st), $50 to Gamestop (2nd), and 2000 Wii Points (3rd), but there won't be any entry fee, making things worthwhile enough, maybe.

Unfortunately because of time constraints, only rounds past Round 1 will be double elimination, with losers in the first round being completely knocked out - but I've convinced them to seed entrants by groups of friends, which will prevent any of us from being eliminated by each other during the preliminaries. However, they are willing to make the entire tournament double elimination if they can obtain enough setups - currently they're struggling to find more Wii's and TVs at around nine each thus far. I noticed some people were bringing TVs and Wii's anyways to Jam's smashfest, so if the plan I outlined above sounded interesting to them, the equipment would help a lot.

The FaceBook event group is here, for specific details. If anyone does decide to attend, it's very important that you e-mail UCONNVGO@Gmail.com with your name/username to register, as they are considering a player cap due again to time constraints.

What d'you all think?
EDIT- Gabriel will be there as well, and he's accepting money matches!

Top Bottom