• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Player and The Main(s?)!

How likely are you to change mains?

• Very likely , only because i like to have a backup

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • If i keep losing then yeah...

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

Mindles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMindless
3DS FC
5026-5818-5094
This thread will focus on the similarities between the player ( such as personality ) and the fighter (character) them self.
Do you feel like your main is similar to you / vice versa?
or
Does your character portray something you see as inspiring or just humorous
What does
it say about YOU as a person as well?
Share all stories here!

Dyz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyz-89
3DS FC
1950-9945-5854
Well as you can tell from my profile and signature, it is covered in Yoshi, he has been my main ever since the first mario party and because of Toads description of what you need to become a super star and yoshi was last to be mentioned as "kindness" at the time i was young and always found myself to be kind, from there and because i love the color green Yoshi became my partner in any game he would appear, i just feel the best when using him, no other character equals in strenght as i am with him, trough the years even his personality was similar to mine, we eat a lot, we eat anything, were happy and gentle but always a good friend, so thats my story in a short paragraph i could write more, but this is basically the core of my story and how Yoshi will forever be my best character in any game he is on

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
In SSB I have always just picked a character that I felt comfortable with and had better odds at winning with.
For 64 it was Ness His special moves were fun to use, especially PK Thunder. So I tended to use him a lot despite the fact that I would win about 70% of the time regardless of who I played as.

In Melee I did terrible with Ness and I ended up winning with Falco a lot early on so I just stuck with him for the most part. This was actually surprising as I don't care for Star Fox games & I think the character designs are hideous. (They are like Han Solo with an oversized animal mask.)

Brawl I really don't like that much but KIng DDD was fun so I usually pick him more often.
Project M I haven't been playing that long but I do better with Mario.

I have no idea which character is similar to my personality, but if we go by visual esthetics then assuming I end up using Morton Koopa as my main in WiiU then he would probably be the main that looks most like my personality. I'm a pretty serious and intense guy but I can be a comedian too. I spent Mario Kart 8 playing as Morton riding on a motorcycle. Mostly I was listening to Manilla Road while I played.

This:

Plus this:

Just makes sense.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
From Melee onwards my mains always got the cut. Roy then Wolf were two of my mains. So I am used to being forced to swap mains. For once I'd like not to be forced to swap mains.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
From my sig, you can see that I always aim to add one new main to my primary list with each installment, since it helps me learn a variety of playstyles more efficiently, while getting to give a lot of focus to them too. There are other characters I like to play too, though.

However, my decision to play as a character is primarily based off of the fact I love the character outside of Smash. With the exception of Falco, every one of my mains in each game is someone I loved before Smash (though maining Falco in Melee encouraged me to get more into the character and his home franchise).

This is of course based partly based on relate-ability to the characters, since relating to a character means I'm likely to like them to some extent. For example, with Rosalina, I relate to her dilemma of feeling very lonely even when surrounded by people you know care about you, be it because certain people I was especially close to are now gone from my life, or other reasons, such as overwhelming responsibilities getting in the way of my ability to interact with the people I care about. But like Rosalina, I can also find other ways to make myself feel happy to at least some extent in spite of everything.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
In most fighting games, like maining characters that either look cute or funny and have weird/unorthodox play styles. I guess this is one of the reasons I like Smash Bros and Marvel/Tatsunoko vs. Capcom so much, because those series have all kinds of weird characters in the rosters, which is not the case for more traditional fighters as Street Fighter and The King of Fighters. For the sake of curiosity, in vs. Capcom games, I like playing Tron Bonne, Zero, Amaterasu, SonSon, Viewtiful Joe, B.B Hood, Jill Valentine (The MvsC 2 one) and the list goes on.

What I play in vs. Capcom games isn't important though, since this is a Smash Bros. forum. In Smash Bros, since the first one I have been play two characters in particular: Pikachu and Ness. The reason I started playing Pikachu is because it is so damn adorable and back then, I was a big Pokémon fan (In fact, until past year, I considered myself a big fan, but nowadays... not so much anymore). Plus, Pikachu's play style was always fun, with its quick and versatile moves. Ness, on other hand, was an unknown character to me back in the original Smash, but I enjoyed his moveset so I played him frequently in said game.

With the release of Melee, I started playing Young Link as well, because Majora's Mask was and still is one of my favorite games and Peach, because she is cute (and also the best character to be played in Super Mario Bros. 2 :p). With the release of Brawl, things got a bit messy because the roster was enormous and the variety of characters made it hard to pick a few specific ones to play, specially since I wasn't a competitive player. That said, there clearly were certain characters I enjoyed playing the most (besides Pikachu, Ness and Peach), namely King Dedede (didn't care a lot about him until I watched how adorable and kind he was in the SSE cutscenes, tbh), Sonic, Diddy Kong and Olimar. I wouldn't call any of those "mains", though :)

Now in Smash 4, things were never so complicated for an indecisive person like me. There are characters with very interesting movesets but which I don't dig the aesthetics that much (Robin, Greninja, Shulk) as well as new cute and unorthodox characters like Bowser Jr., Villager, Pac-Man, Mega Man and Duck Hunt. Some characters from Brawl got even better now (or at least more fitting for my style), like Dedede and Diddy. Since this game is still fresh and I definitely plan to play it competitively (online competitive, haters gonna hate), one or two mains are a must. I am still not sure who to main, but I don't think I will be playing Pikachu as much anymore, so there is that. So far Bowser Jr is my most played character, so I guess he is my main, right? I dunno :p

That is it. I have no idea what my favorite characters in Smash tell about me, though.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
To elaborate more, I noticed I am a fiend for small, fast characters. To this end I will never understand why characters like Diddy Kong always fly under my radar yet characters like Dark Pit and Ike, who aren't as light, are currently being used by me a good portion of the time. I guess I just have weird attachments to certain characters, however normally I am one for the faster characters who feel the most fluid to me. That's why I have always used Pikachu since the first game. I also picked up Young and later Toon Link, and then Sonic and Meta Knight. Once again, I prefer smaller characters.

Also on the note of Vs. Capcom, I use Morrigan more than anyone else, not sure what that says about me. ^^;

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
To elaborate more, I noticed I am a fiend for small, fast characters. To this end I will never understand why characters like Diddy Kong always fly under my radar yet characters like Dark Pit and Ike, who aren't as light, are currently being used by me a good portion of the time. I guess I just have weird attachments to certain characters, however normally I am one for the faster characters who feel the most fluid to me. That's why I have always used Pikachu since the first game. I also picked up Young and later Toon Link, and then Sonic and Meta Knight. Once again, I prefer smaller characters.

Also on the note of Vs. Capcom, I use Morrigan more than anyone else, not sure what that says about me. ^^;
I seem to be the opposite, recently. I enjoy playing fast characters, but in Smash 4 I've been enjoying using Donkey Kong, Ganondorf and ROB more than I did in previous games.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
My preference has slightly balanced more over the years. I used nothing but the more nimble characters before: Pikachu, Fox, Kirby, Marth, Young Link. Starting with Brawl, and then moving into Project M and now Smash for WiiU/3DS, it's gotten a lot more balanced. Dark Pit, Ike, Bowser, I used them too now.

Last edited:

Chocobo Link

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4253-3960-6377
I guess now that I think about it, some of my mains do have history with me.

My friends and I always saw Jigglypuff as that one joke character. Like, just plain horrible all around because she's so easy to KO and we didn't know how to play her properly. Even as a kid playing Melee on my Game Cube, she was my punching bag in training (whenever I wasn't pummeling G&W). Until my friend and I unlocked Final Destination using rest on everyone is when I saw that I completely underestimated her back then. I somewhat know how that feels as no one took me seriously as well back then. Seeing as how I have a tradition going that I only main newcomers in every new Smash, I didn't main her in Melee, however I do in Smash 64. She's also one of my counterpicks in Smash 3DS.

I only recently started maining Ice Climbers in Melee. But after I heard that they're harder to learn, I took on the challenge. And I hope to play competitively one day and perhaps make it to the top, just like the Ice Climbers want to "make it to the top" of the mountains in their respective game.

I play Toon Link in Brawl because he's from Wind Waker, my first and favorite Zelda title in the series, so no need for further explanation there.

And with Project M (which I haven't been playing for long), I went with Mewtwo because he was my favorite Pokemon as a kid and I played as him quite a bit as a kid in Melee.

Dark Pit was a surprise to me really. I've heard that he was a clone of Pit, so when I went to compare them, I was stunned at how much I liked his playstyle. So I swapped Robin out for him and will try her in Smash Wii U.

Munchy

Smash Rookie
I honestly don't know, its probably due to how comfy I am playing with certain characters. With Brawl, we all know how bad Zelda could be, but geez she felt straightforward and fun to play as.

In Sm4sh I've found myself playing the good old Captain Falcon. When I'm not poncing about I'm just bland - but give me some time off something and I just become a somewhat humerous hyper fellow, which kinda fits my playstyle for Falcon. Only problem is I can kiiiinda take it too far, next thing you know I'm bantering with brotherly trash talks to my mates as I repeat the down taunt - I should really fix it.

Aside from that, I've been sticking to Zelda and Falcon in Sm4sh, and I choose them depending on how Im really feeling. I probably won't change them any time soon.

Last edited:

Cho

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0018-2392-8423
Well in reallife I am a professional ninja. It's an old family tradition.. Have you ever heard of the famous german elite-ninjas? NO - because we're so good at.. uhrm.. well.. being.. ninjas... - So it's just natural, that I play Sheik

The of course minor reason why I chose Sheik is that I've always played the fast character archetypes.. be it rogues, thieves, scoundrels and the like.
I enjoy the idea of having countless options in a fight and use nimbleness as a tool in battle.

KingTeo

Smash Apprentice
I don't think my mains say much about my personality. But they do say a lot about my tastes and preferences.

Even though I'm not god with Peach I use her and focus on nothing but her butt-based attacks because I like ass.
I play as Ike because I like his new Guts-looking appearance.
I play as Little Mac because I'm an amateur boxer and I play as him and sonic because I sometimes just like to test how fast I can play and react to things.
I play Zelda and do nothing but the down B because I like Jojo's bizarre adventure.
I play Link and Robin because I'm most comfortable with zoning characters

Last edited:

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
From my sig, you can see that I always aim to add one new main to my primary list with each installment, since it helps me learn a variety of playstyles more efficiently, while getting to give a lot of focus to them too. There are other characters I like to play too, though.

However, my decision to play as a character is primarily based off of the fact I love the character outside of Smash. With the exception of Falco, every one of my mains in each game is someone I loved before Smash (though maining Falco in Melee encouraged me to get more into the character and his home franchise).

This is of course based partly based on relate-ability to the characters, since relating to a character means I'm likely to like them to some extent. For example, with Rosalina, I relate to her dilemma of feeling very lonely even when surrounded by people you know care about you, be it because certain people I was especially close to are now gone from my life, or other reasons, such as overwhelming responsibilities getting in the way of my ability to interact with the people I care about. But like Rosalina, I can also find other ways to make myself feel happy to at least some extent in spite of everything.
It sounds like we have a pretty similar way of picking mains.

I usually play as characters because I like them and/or the series of games they come from. Pikmin is probably one of my top three or four favorite game series, so Olimar was a natural main for me in Brawl and Smash 4 (though I struggled a lot with him at first because his play style was so different from anyone I'd used in Melee). Being a fan of Majora's Mask and Spirit Tracks likely has something to do with the amount of attention I give to Young Link/Toon Link in Smash and the many hours I've spent in Animal Crossing over the years make me almost feel obligated to play as Villager now. Something similar could probably be said for Rosalina & Luma and Mario Galaxy/Super Mario 3D World/Mario Kart. That said, Pokemon is also one of my favorite series, but I've never really gotten the hang of any of the Pokemon in Smash. I'm not really sure why that is.

If you subbed in Ness for Falco in your post it would describe me pretty well. I never really got a chance to play Earthbound before being exposed to it through Smash, but using Ness in the last three Smash games has definitely made me want to try out his game now that it's on the virtual console here.

I have some super silly reasons for using other characters. For example, Shulk and Captain Falcon are in my rotation more because I like their taunts than because I actually know what I'm doing with them.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I don't think my mains say much about my personality. But they do say a lot about my tastes and preferences.

Even though I'm not god with Peach I use her and focus on nothing but her butt-based attacks because I like ***.
I play as Ike because I like his new Guts-looking appearance.
I play as Little Mac because I'm an amateur boxer and I play as him and sonic because I sometimes just like to test how fast I can play and react to things.
I play Zelda and do nothing but the down B because I like Jojo's bizarre adventure.
I play Link and Robin because I'm most comfortable with zoning characters

Please tell me why you keep counting down your posts. I don't understand what in the eff. Thanks.

As for mains. I really like all of my mains from past Smash Bros. games... I may change my main if I get better at another character... but I haven't dug deep into tactics of a lot of characters because I play as Mega Man majority of the time. Speaking of time, only it will tell.

Competitively, it's about how good my main will go up against the fights I have problems with. Not characters, but the super skilled ones with their mains. So far no character has given Mega Man any problems, but the players behind them do. It might have been an annoying Falco. The goal is to beat those people; main kept :)

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
Hmm. Let's see. My mains in the past have been...

:linkmelee::younglinkmelee::mewtwomelee: :lucario::zelda: :rosalina:

And for Secondaries I've had...

:zeldamelee::sheikmelee: :metaknight::pit::peach: :4palutena::4lucina::4darkpit::4peach:

I didn't get into Brawl Peach until like... August or September this year, so it was really too late for me to refine the character to any significant degree before Smash 4 came out. I am really interested in promoting Peach from "Secondary" to "Main" but I want to polish up my Rosalina game a bit more before moving on to another character.

As for what my character choices say about me, well... Most of my characters I've chosen have been purely for the reason that I like the character from other games. The only characters I've liked purely for mechanics reasons have been Lucina, Pit, and Peach. Some say that Lucina is a Marth on training wheels, but I see her more like a Marth with less limitations. Pit has decent speed, a good recovery, a reflect, a gap-closer, and a projectile, and all of those seemed like solid qualities to me. As for Peach, well... I'm loving that hover, and the down b isn't bad either.

That said, onto the more meaningful choices....

:linkmelee:/:younglinkmelee: was my first Smash main. I was into Legend of Zelda at the time (and still am) and Link seemed like a solid choice. Being a noob, I didn't really know what I was doing at the time, so I started learning on Link. Eventually I swapped to Young Link because the milk taunt annoyed my friends and that amused me. To me Link represents heroism, and while a lot of characters can claim to represent heroism, Link was one of the first heroic characters I really started to identify with.

:mewtwomelee:, :metaknight: and :4darkpit: were all picked for basically the same reason: I tend to be drawn to characters who have somewhat darker leanings but aren't exactly villains. That kind of character is fascinating to me, because while they tend to be rivals they aren't always the bad guy. I guess I saw them from the POV of the hero, as there's something about the idea of fighting a person without hating them that appeals to me. You don't have to hate everyone who opposes you, and I guess that's the message that I take from characters like these.

I picked up :4lucario: because I wanted a replacement for :mewtwomelee:. Unfortunately, Lucario is in no way a replacement for Mewtwo at all. I still like the character of Lucario, but not nearly as much as Mewtwo.

At some point I developed an interest in playing :zelda:, but the transformation mechanic always put me off. It didn't really work the way it was "supposed" to because Sheik was simply better at everything and Zelda's uses were mostly situational. I guess the reason I liked Zelda is the same reason I liked Link: I've been a fan of LoZ since I was a kid and I've never stopped liking it. Recently, I've started to connect with Zelda more than I do Link, because she symbolizes Wisdom which is something that I consider very important.

I picked up :rosalina: because I love her character design. While some might say that hers is an emo haircut, I don't really see it as being that. I see it more as a representation of her mysteriousness. After all, who is she? Where does she come from? She has a back story, but it raises some interesting questions that are worth speculating about. Not to mention, she comes from the vastness of space, so it makes sense that she'd be a mysterious character. I also like the sad vibe she tends to give off, because I first saw her at a time when I was kinda depressed. Not to mention, her being a good mother figure means that she has a sense of responsibility, and I tend to like that quality in people.

As for :4palutena:, well... I have to say, I really love her confidence. Everything about her exudes confidence. I also like the way she teases Pit, because I tend to tease people too. At least, I tend to tease the people I like. So in a way, I guess that's the part of her that I identify with.

the8thark

Smash Lord
I choose my characters to be rather agile and can move well but not super fast. I chose:

:link: in Smash 64 but I was not so into that game.

:roymelee: was my Melee main. Not too fast but could move well and had great A moves. In saying that I liked his B moves too.
In saying this I did play the other character frequently in Melee as well.

:wolf: Was one of my mains in Brawl. I really liked his style, not super fast but he also packed a punch.
:dedede: was my other main in brawl. Slow as a snail but his attack range was insane and more than made up for it.
:metaknight: I also liked a lot but he did feel a little OP to me (And he was OP). To me his Smash attacks were not the best but he could pile on the damage so fast, that any old smash would KO the other player. So I refused to main him for this reason.

So for Melee and Brawl, Nintendo gave me no choice. I had to swap mains. So whoever I main does not look so good for making SSB5 (knowing my "mains getting cut always" track record.

Last edited:

adamlon1

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3583-0365-0217
I mostly just use swordsman or really agile characters but sometimes my mains could be heavy characters or keep away characters such as samus. My preferences change on what smash I am playing and how I am playing it but a main stay that I always use is samus, fox and marth. My mains in the past were:
64: :yoshi64::fox64: :link64::dk64:Melee::foxmelee::marthmelee::falconmelee::samusmelee: Brawl: :samus2::wolf::fox::marth:PM: :fox::marth::dk2::pit::samus2:Smash 4: :4bowser::4marth::4pit::4fox::4samus:

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
With Melee, I felt a little restricted with characters. I only really liked :roymelee:/:marthmelee:, :foxmelee:/:falcomelee:, :ganondorfmelee:/:falconmelee:, :linkmelee:/:younglinkmelee:, and :peachmelee:. Not many for me, but I loved them

Brawl was even more restricting. :metaknight:, :zerosuitsamus:, :sonic: and sometimes :toonlink:. I got bored of Brawl quickly because of this.

And then 3DS. Oh boy... I use just about every character!! Sure, my -best- characters are :4yoshi: and :4zss:, but I don't use them that often. I just love using as many characters as possible. The only characters I avoid are :4falco: (MUCH prefer :4fox: in this one), :4lucina: (I'm more of a :4marth: guy, :4lucina: feels more bulky to me), :4luigi:(his dash attack annoys me) the :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:s (simply can't be bothered with customs) and :4palutena:(some of her moves just dont click with my play style, I guess).

3DS/Wii U is by far the most balanced game in my eyes, which makes it more fun for me, as I like to use as many characters as possible, and I find so many of them fun. If I had to list the ones I lean towards, I'd say
:4yoshi: :4zss: :4zelda: :4kirby::4fox::4sonic::4samus::rosalina::4sheik::4greninja::4morton::4bowser::4mario::4peach::4marth::4littlemac:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
When I first got into Smash competitively, I just tried to learn my playstyle first. I'm usually in the air as any character, so I ended up rolling with Jigglypuff in both Melee and Smash 4. Not to mention that I love all of the pink Pokemon, so that's a bonus. :035:

My first main ever was Zelda in Brawl though, so there's that.

Last edited:

Deluxe0111

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0387-8789-6929
Back in 64 and melee I would play as :pikachumelee::pikachu64: mainly due to my obsession with Pokemon
As I started to get into LoZ games i started playing as :linkmelee: more which followed on through to Brawl
I brawl though I switched to :toonlink: and also added :zelda: to my mains while seconding :ness2: :squirtle: :ike:

However Smash 4 is really the first smash that I took time to look at other characters - Since then i've fell in love with fire emblem, and have played alot more different Nintendo games
During the demo I mained :4link::4villager: - Loved Villagers play style and the thought of having and animal crossing character fighting was just helarious to me
Since I've gone through a series of characters :4robinf: being the first, who i was really excited about for ages (fire emblem awakening is in my top 5 games ever)
Moving on from there ive attempted to main :4bowser::4bowserjr::rosalina: just because i found i won a few matches with them and the last two i found really unique
Finally though i've settled on :4samus: because her playstyle really clicked with me

I find that recently I choose characters due to their uniqueness or if they are underdogs/underused

Semopo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0688-6533-6002
I main characters when they feel nice. Sometimes it feels like I fiddle the actual character instead of a controller

Feels gud

pinkhairedprotagonist

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0103-9004-1386
I just play characters I either like because of who they are or love the play style of, like :4peach: falls under both of those, but :4robinf: is because I love them in FE:A (though I do enjoy their play style a lot by this point of playing), but :4pacman: is 100% based on play style.

Overall I just play characters I like, whether or not I do well with them!

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Also, why isn't there an option in the poll to say that we don't plan to change our mains? I know I can't be the only one who plans on sticking to their main.

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
I've played Peach since I was little and when she was in smash melee for the first time, I couldn't have been happier. I didn't know about Zelda till smash melee either and I instantly liked her as well. Lastly, ever since Super Mario Galaxy I liked Rosalina's character a lot. When she was announced I knew I was gonna pick her up as well…….I don't know why I main princess's :4peach::4zelda::rosalina:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm a self-proclaimed champion of peace and love that deigns it fit to come to the aid of others, even when they don't need it, and more often than that, it's probable that I'll just fall over my own shoelaces and make a mess of myself. But I get back up and try again anyway, because it's nice to be nice and, even though I often come across as being an awkward dork more so than anything else, I try to be a hero and do what's right for the sake of making the world a better place in my own small ways.

Particularly with regards to certain people, I'm regarded as something of a "Big Sister" figure, prone to sarcastic commentary and good-natured ribaldry when the opportunities arise. In spite of my delightful penchant for humourous antics and general tomfoolery, I don't think anybody doubts that I ultimately mean well, and would come to defend my friends whatever the issues may be and genuinely grant such friends my unconditional affection and support.

So yeah, I'm Pit and Palutena simultaneously.

I like that~

Last edited:

Ampetrix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christopaz
3DS FC
4527-8084-1972
I don't know how my personality regards to this, but since I main Alph and Ness, also a bit of Villager, they're all silent characters. I am also a silent type, introverted(I tend to turn the opposite and be extrovert for like a day sometimes), but I LISTEN like a lot, and I'm not much used to talking.

The problem is, I get bored of my main after some time, as I can not absorb every technique my main has, I switch to the secondary, then to Villager(I don't know what to call him, tertiary?). I'm still trying to cope into my playstyle the powerful tilts of Alph, actually tilts in general so there.

D

Deleted member

It varies. If I don't find as much enjoyment in using a character than I used to, I'll drop them. I may discover a new character that I love playing. But in general, I tend to stick with characters, and not change too much. I've never once dropped a character I've considered my "main," though I have changed secondaries.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
For some reason, I have always been attracted to sword welders in the Smash games, and the funny thing is, I never have sought out sword wielders. It just sort of happened that way.

I'm a self-proclaimed champion of peace and love that deigns it fit to come to the aid of others, even when they don't need it, and more often than that, it's probable that I'll just fall over my own shoelaces and make a mess of myself. But I get back up and try again anyway, because it's nice to be nice and, even though I often come across as being an awkward dork more so than anything else, I try to be a hero and do what's right for the sake of making the world a better place in my own small ways.

Particularly with regards to certain people, I'm regarded as something of a "Big Sister" figure, prone to sarcastic commentary and good-natured ribaldry when the opportunities arise. In spite of my delightful penchant for humourous antics and general tomfoolery, I don't think anybody doubts that I ultimately mean well, and would come to defend my friends whatever the issues may be and genuinely grant such friends my unconditional affection and support.

So yeah, I'm Pit and Palutena simultaneously.

I like that~
Nice Trigun reference.

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
I main Captain Falcon, not only do I love his playstyle, He also, in a way, represents my more competitve side. And in Smash 4, I also play Ganondorf, Marth, Samus and ZSS, and Megaman. All of them pretty much represent different parts of myself in some way or the other. I think Megaman defines me most of the time. He's silent, kind, and has a sense of justice that tells him when its necessary to fight. I would say Megaman fits my personality. So I would say my mains always represent a small piece of myself.

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480
I love Pac-Man and his playstyle; I've barely played any other character in Smash 4. I may look for a secondary to combat characters with advantages against Pac, but I'm definitely sticking with him for now.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Meta Knight is my main, but as a comparison to my personality it's not an especially great fit, in fact I usually dislike anti-heroes, Meta Knight and Dedede are some of the only exceptions.

The character I play second most and I might make my permanent main in the future is Jigglypuff, and once again she's pretty damn far off from myself, it's especially easy to say as she's one of the only Normal type Pokémon I actually like and absolutely the only Fairy type I like.

Last edited:

SkyboundTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SkyboundTerror
3DS FC
0559-6972-5367
I have a bad habit of switching around mains for short periods of time. I've gone through more than half the roster in every Smash game and I want to say I can use most characters efficiently.

I can't say I relate to any of the characters as far as personalities go. I do enjoy using the characters with movesets that encourage aggression, if that says anything about myself.

Top Bottom