• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Phantom Mafia - So This Is How Liberty Dies

BarDulL

Town Vampire
That was incredibly anticlimactic, but it is what it is lol.

Uh so anyway yeah if people can vote for who we should check OTHER THAN NABE AND KON, hit a brotha up.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

Uh so anyway yeah if people can vote for who we should check OTHER THAN NABE AND KON, hit a brotha up.
Mafia betrayed me, and in order to have my win con i need 3 jedi kills, and i only attained one, I ended up killing maven it seems, I will not live long enough to have 2 more kills. So i chose the easy way and be honest.

I'll leave you with this is want bardul. For I literally have no more reason to lie.

Why do you think i was so persistent in nabe being mafia?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Mfw I got completely fooled by Lonnie lynching Praline
It was the goal. I took on intense scum hunter and killed mafia to gain trust to town. With the first goal achieved I went on to the second part of the plan and get mafia to trust and side with me.

Sadly that didn't work as you can tell. They backstabbed me instead, and I won't survive long enough to score 2 more kills to join them, especially now that i'm outed.

I guess I went way to hard on scum hunting, and now they don't want me around.

D

Deleted member

It was the goal. I took on intense scum hunter and killed mafia to gain trust to town. With the first goal achieved I went on to the second part of the plan and get mafia to trust and side with me.

Sadly that didn't work as you can tell. They backstabbed me instead, and I won't survive long enough to score 2 more kills to join them, especially now that i'm outed.

I guess I went way to hard on scum hunting, and now they don't want me around.
You asshole, I trusted you and you took my only White Lightsaber! :mad:

Speaking of which
Pokechu Pokechu
Should have warned me about this backstabbing ***** now he took my white saber D:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Mafia betrayed me, and in order to have my win con i need 3 jedi kills, and i only attained one, I ended up killing maven it seems, I will not live long enough to have 2 more kills. So i chose the easy way and be honest.

I'll leave you with this is want bardul. For I literally have no more reason to lie.

Why do you think i was so persistent in nabe being mafia?
I think your role pm will indicate whether or not you were informed, we'll see. Regardless...

My question to you is, before I have to go to bed:

Why did you assist in the lynch of praline if you were informed and wanted to gain the mafia's trust? You even tried to force a Nabe vote, whom you also claim to be mafia. There's no way the mafia team would have ever trusted you under these conditions.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
You *******, I trusted you and you took my only White Lightsaber! :mad:

Speaking of which
Pokechu Pokechu
Should have warned me about this backstabbing ***** now he took my white saber D:
I told you to give it to who you believe deserved it the most. I took it unobligated.
I think your role pm will indicate whether or not you were informed, we'll see. Regardless...

My question to you is, before I have to go to bed:

Why did you assist in the lynch of praline if you were informed and wanted to gain the mafia's trust? You even tried to force a Nabe vote, whom you also claim to be mafia. There's no way the mafia team would have ever trusted you under these conditions.
I wasn't. I acted purely through scum hunting shades, deductive reasoning, and intuition.

All my actions i did during the day i did with full town intent to gain town favor. And only at night did i suspend to scummy behavior of manipulation and plotting in my role pm. I even appologized to vaan what was probably a sorry display of playing.

I wasn't informed. And its because from the very start from what i saw, mafia was powerful from the first move that i saw. So i elected to act quickly to knock them down a peg so i could buy time to secure my kills. It succeeded and failed.

And I learned that the hard way. But after i secureded in pralines lynch I knew they would be coming after me to kill me. So i went forward to contact them to align alligence. It failed.
.....I revealed my role to a traitor.....?
Yup.

On the plus side i told jack **** about what i know to mafia. No way i'm telling them squat after how they treated me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
But did your posts have any substance?
I mean I would say usually they were.

I tried to contribute thoughts where I had them. There just wasn't much for me to add or say most of the time.

I say Golden is worth a check or Moydow. They are feeling scummy to me.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Yeah, my vote is either toward thirdkoopa or moydow for the cop check.
Do we still have to get to Majority?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
One final question to you Kon:

You weren't informed, yet you are so completely certain that whoever you PM'd was scum.

Surely, in your mind, you would have felt that the player you initially PM'd was possibly Town. At the surface level, you literally risked your entire win condition on less than a 50% chance of being correct, statistically speaking, and it was all based on your assessment of the game play of others. You believe, with absolute certainty, that your deductions are completely flawless, and are still compelled to believe in them even in the face of ruin. The possibility that you engaged a Town player and told them you were a traitor is zilch.

Do you not think that's kind of questionable? I'm just sayin'. I'm having a hard time believing this story, but we'll have to wait for post-game I guess.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Also if me redirecting Opo was the reason he died, then sorry opo, I listened to Kon's advice on who to redirect given he was communicating with the rb's.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
WHAT! Why would you redirect Opo after the way he played on D2? There was no reality that Opo was scum with plaline...

>_________________>

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Also Pokechu was the one told by Kon he was a traitor who ten mentioned it to me (probably cause its pretty obvious I'm town.)
WHAT! Why would you redirect Opo after the way he played on D2? There was no reality that Opo was scum with plaline...

>_________________>
I was more willing to believe Kon at that moment.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
One final question to you Kon:

You weren't informed, yet you are so completely certain that whoever you PM'd was scum.

Surely, in your mind, you would have felt that the player you initially PM'd was possibly Town. At the surface level, you literally risked your entire win condition on less than a 50% chance of being correct, statistically speaking, and it was all based on your assessment of the game play of others. You believe, with absolute certainty, that your deductions are completely flawless, and are still compelled to believe in them even in the face of ruin. The possibility that you engaged a Town player and told them you were a traitor is zilch.

Do you not think that's kind of questionable? I'm just sayin'. I'm having a hard time believing this story, but we'll have to wait for post-game I guess.
Oh no your actually perfectly correct. I was not completely certain of flawless deduction. I consider myself a man who knows what he is talking about, but I am far from perfect.

I didn't just open it up and first line to be "I'm the traitor are you mafia?"

Instead I did my best to deduce who was, and someone i didn't piss off, went to interrogated them for more certainty. And when i felt they were lying I came out with the whole story to them. I had back ups yes, and yes it was a pure gamble on my part because of my fear i would not have enough time. In my mind after pralines lynch, it was now or never as i would be one of the ones killed next. So i had to find mafia as fast as possible.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Also if me redirecting Opo was the reason he died, then sorry opo, I listened to Kon's advice on who to redirect given he was communicating with the rb's.

>_________________>
Ya that was part of my plan to frame Opossum. And have him lynched. Probably not the best idea now coming to it but was interesting.
Also Pokechu was the one told by Kon he was a traitor who ten mentioned it to me (probably cause its pretty obvious I'm town.)

I was more willing to believe Kon at that moment.
Consider it a dumb unaware townie moment on my part
To be honest i was actually competley surprised you refuted nothing and went along instantly. And had arguments in back up lol.
so wait...

If you're third-party, then what's your win condition right now?

>_>
To join the sith by killing 3 jedi and help them accomplish their win condition.

I don't win if sith wins without me part of it. And even if i do join sith but they still lose I still lose.

BarDulL

Town Vampire

I will meditate on this.

@ShinyLegendary the reason why I stepped into this phase today is because I had a hunch about Kon and knew you would jump with him towards Nabe. I hope you see now why it is important not to be too hasty. I'm not right all the time, but it's important not to be too trusting of others. That said, DO NOT use the ability while I'm asleep or at work, we will talk about it in private as the thread continues its course.

Gonna wait for everyone to discuss who we should investigate, will give my opinion tomorrow.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

I will meditate on this.

@ShinyLegendary the reason why I stepped into this phase today is because I had a hunch about Kon and knew you would jump with him towards Nabe. I hope you see now why it is important not to be too hasty. I'm not right all the time, but it's important not to be too trusting of others. That said, DO NOT use the ability while I'm asleep or at work, we will talk about it in private as the thread continues its course.

Gonna wait for everyone to discuss who we should investigate, will give my opinion tomorrow.
You are complaining to shiny about being to trusting.

Yet you and nearly every person here unconditionally trusted nabe over and over again because of a bluff that had no merit. So much so you constantly accuse it to be basless.

How hypocritical of you.

Oh well. I know i can't reason any more to you anyway for you are blindingly stubborn. I'll just wait till we both end up dead so the results can be fully clear to you.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
To join the sith by killing 3 jedi and help them accomplish their win condition.

I don't win if sith wins without me part of it. And even if i do join sith but they still lose I still lose.
So, let me get this straight

Until you join the Sith, you have no win condition, correct?

If so, I'm obviously not gonna judge the setup or anything just yet, and Vaan is one of my best friends on the site, but that's pretty bad modding.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Of course, that's assuming you're telling the truth. If you're a Jester, this is like, the best Jester play I've ever seen y;
What if your onto something there? Jar jar would be the perfect jester.

But is he in the prequels? He is right?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I doubt Kon is actually a jester, Pong Krell fits well as a traitor as that's what he was in the Clone Wars show, and we are not dealing with Phantom Menace time frame only as Ventress and Anakin will attest to this.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
What if your onto something there? Jar jar would be the perfect jester.

But is he in the prequels? He is right?
Its one thing to entertain the thought of it, its another to believe third koopa was "onto something". To me it comes off as suggesting to back off a kon lynch which comes off as scum behavoir looking to help Kon survive one more day.. Jester or not (most likely not) it is in our best interest to lynch him.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Its one thing to entertain the thought of it, its another to believe third koopa was "onto something". To me it comes off as suggesting to back off a kon lynch which comes off as scum behavoir looking to help Kon survive one more day.. Jester or not (most likely not) it is in our best interest to lynch him.
Oh heavens no, I think we should lynch him ASAP. Jester or not, let's remove the wine - we literally don't have a better lead.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Vote: LoneKonWolf

Simply put, he's too dangerous to be left alive. I had suspicions of him being a traitor even since I researched who his character was. Turns out, Kon's character, Pong Krell, became a traitor to the Jedi in an attempt to gain the favor of the Sith. I should've spoken up about it earlier, but didn't want to paint myself as a target.

My victory is canceled when mafia didn't accept me and worked towards my demise.
This makes no sense. Why would the Mafia not accept you, when adding you to their ranks would help them win?

@alphssb a quick question are you a paranoid gun owner?
I don't know what this means.

Vote: AlphaSSB

14. AlphaSSB - VERY inactive
A fair enough reason to vote against me, but I'm really not trying to be inactive for the sake of being inactive, if that makes any sense. I've forgotten to use my ability both nights simply because I couldn't remember to use them. It's a ****ty reason, I know, but that's the truth.

I'm going to try and be a bit more active today since we just lost two town, and another one is a traitor.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
As for who I'd like to see checked, I'd go for one of Z25, Thirdkoopa, AlphaSSB, or Golden (left to right, highest to lowest in rough order of priority). They're the main ones I can't form any concrete opinions on, so I'd like to get more information on them.

With that out of the way:
As the council adjourns for the night, Master Yoda senses something. He walks, slowly, but determined, to the Jedi Infirmary. Where he expected to find the body of his fallen friend, he finds only an empty pile of robes.

"Disappeared, Master Yarael has. Very peculiar, this is."
Does nobody else think this is significant or worth looking into? While I don't believe that Vaan would include any element of bastardry in the game, I also don't think that something worded in this particular way is to be ignored. Though I'm not familiar enough with the flavour to make any guess at what it means. The best I can come up with is that if it was a town reviver, I'd expect it to be announced more openly, and not with any element of mystery. So if it is significant, it probably isn't anything good for us.

13. Moydow - same as Z25
I strongly object to being called "inactive" in any sense. I've done more here than a lot of other people. I do have a life outside of here, after all, I can't be here 24 hours a day.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

Simply put, he's too dangerous to be left alive. I had suspicions of him being a traitor even since I researched who his character was. Turns out, Kon's character, Pong Krell, became a traitor to the Jedi in an attempt to gain the favor of the Sith. I should've spoken up about it earlier, but didn't want to paint myself as a target.
While you're not wrong, right now we're trying to decide who Shiny should use his cop ability on, which requires a majority vote on someone before it can be used. So right now you should be voting for the person you want copped. We can deal with Kon once that's done.

I don't know what this means.
A Paranoid Gun Owner is someone who reflexively kills anyone who targets them with a night action. So if you got targeted by a tracker or cop or similar, for example, the tracker/cop/etc dies whether you want to kill them or not.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
While you're not wrong, right now we're trying to decide who Shiny should use his cop ability on, which requires a majority vote on someone before it can be used. So right now you should be voting for the person you want copped. We can deal with Kon once that's done.
Damn. You're right.

Unvote: LoneKonWolf

Personally, I'd like to see either Nabe, Shish, or Emblemier checked. I'll vote on one of them later.

A Paranoid Gun Owner is someone who reflexively kills anyone who targets them with a night action. So if you got targeted by a tracker or cop or similar, for example, the tracker/cop/etc dies whether you want to kill them or not.
In that case, no I am not.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
You are complaining to shiny about being to trusting.

Yet you and nearly every person here unconditionally trusted nabe over and over again because of a bluff that had no merit. So much so you constantly accuse it to be basless.

How hypocritical of you.

Oh well. I know i can't reason any more to you anyway for you are blindingly stubborn. I'll just wait till we both end up dead so the results can be fully clear to you.
The trust isn’t unconditional, I will explain:

You believe Nabe to be scum with praline, right?

The problem with this theory is that Nabe, while praline was at 7 votes, visibly encouraged everyone else to vote for him instead of praline for the cop check.

This is literally suicide for the proposed mafia faction if what you theorize is true. However I know with certainty that Nabe would not have allowed this. Having looked it over, it is just completely unreasonable considering our role is legit and he knows it is likely legit. Maybe if he thought we were a traitor he would do it, but it would have been easy to shift weight onto praline and avoid gambling to begin with.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Or, Nabe is a godfather.

Either way, a cop check will not yield the result we want.

Trust your feelings, Luke. :^)

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Vote: Moydow Moydow for the cop.

Did Opo tell you last Night that he was planning to target you? Opo definitely did target somewhere, or else he would have stopped the duel with his ability. I don't have any reason to think that he lied to me.

I thought about asking this in a softer way for a potential slip, but I don't know if Moydow would respond quickly enough for us to get a majority vote together and not derail the Kon lynch.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
So, let me get this straight

Until you join the Sith, you have no win condition, correct?

If so, I'm obviously not gonna judge the setup or anything just yet, and Vaan is one of my best friends on the site, but that's pretty bad modding.
Yup.

Wait really?

This makes no sense. Why would the Mafia not accept you, when adding you to their ranks would help them win?
My best guess? My particpation in lynching praline made me out to be to big of an enemy. Add in i've been doing my best in plans to overseed nabes demise and ruin mafias effort to give myself time and confirmination they saw me as only an enemy even as i came out to who i believed scum confirmed after talking.

So in short, I played badly and overstepped my bounds to reach a stage to far out to be trusted.
The trust isn’t unconditional, I will explain:

You believe Nabe to be scum with praline, right?

The problem with this theory is that Nabe, while praline was at 7 votes, visibly encouraged everyone else to vote for him instead of praline for the cop check.

This is literally suicide for the proposed mafia faction if what you theorize is true. However I know with certainty that Nabe would not have allowed this. Having looked it over, it is just completely unreasonable considering our role is legit and he knows it is likely legit. Maybe if he thought we were a traitor he would do it, but it would have been easy to shift weight onto praline and avoid gambling to begin with.
Your trust is unconditional. Because everyone believed nabe to be town for literally no reason other than his bluff claim of being silenced in a way that only benefited him and not mafia. Even at a premise that makes no sense for the host. Call it meta gaming if your wish but it is the truth i have preceded. And am very much dissapointed in this whole town that i had to be the one to front shoe that whole lynch. Which you convinced by him put off from what could have changed everything and proven it or disproven it.

There is no way nabe can go about denying such without looking guilty, so he encouraged the feat onto himself, along with belief that he can screw the results with broken votes. As i still hold acclaim dued to his phrasing towards me. Doing so makes him look town, but only look without any form of proof.

You are easily convince-able bardul. I know that for a fact because back in FE7 Mafia me and moydow were rather easily able to sway your paranoia to hold off a pokechu lynch and instead lynch red ryu. You are easily sway able to peoples words and actions despite the momentum.

But oh well, I know my own defeat is at hand when pokechu shared my knowledge of being a traitor. I know you won't believe me dued to being convinced on your principle but i have nothing left to stand. I'll just wait so we can both see the full role list and for the truth to be laid out in front of your eyes.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Kon contacted Pokechu last Night claiming to be a traitor. Chu told me (and others Pokechu Pokechu ?), I told Opo to make a lie detect happen (Opo said he was already targeting Moydow) and I told Shiny and Bard.

If Kon flips as informed, Chu is definitely one of the guys. But I don't think that will happen, because I don't think Chu would have outed Kon as scum. I do think it's worth mentioning though; I haven't seen anyone else mention Chu specifically.

Top Bottom