• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Phantom Mafia - So This Is How Liberty Dies

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Did Opo tell you last Night that he was planning to target you? Opo definitely did target somewhere, or else he would have stopped the duel with his ability. I don't have any reason to think that he lied to me.
He came to me last night and asked me to say "I am town", which I assumed was for the lie detector. I complied because I have nothing to lie about, and didn't see any reason to distrust him at the time.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Yeah, I've had my eye on you for a while. And it seems you've had your eye on me, seeing as you attempted to kill me last night.
Indeed. It was part of a plan to lynch opossum. No hard feelings towards you specifically.

And i just looked it up myself and posted the general description in my role pm. I feel generally disappointed It wasn't a proper safe claim and actually had to have knowledge of the series to know that. In short my lack of knowledge and care of star wars is in part dooned me as well.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Kon contacted Pokechu last Night claiming to be a traitor. Chu told me (and others @Pokechu ?), I told Opo to make a lie detect happen (Opo said he was already targeting Moydow) and I told Shiny and Bard.

If Kon flips as informed, Chu is definitely one of the guys. But I don't think that will happen, because I don't think Chu would have outed Kon as scum. I do think it's worth mentioning though; I haven't seen anyone else mention Chu specifically.
I mentioned Chu telling me as well.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
General opinion: I don’t think AlphaSSB is the correct choice considering Shish received “the vision” from praline regarding Alpha. Or at least we assume it was praline’s doing; no one spoke up about being some kind of tracker-variant when Kon claimed it in the thread.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Sure, but does that mean that Alpha was informed explicitly that Maven defended him?

Either way I’d prefer for him to answer.

D

Deleted member

General opinion: I don’t think AlphaSSB is the correct choice considering Shish received “the vision” from praline regarding Alpha. Or at least we assume it was praline’s doing; no one spoke up about being some kind of tracker-variant when Kon claimed it in the thread.
I'd still like a check on him for the simple reason it could be an attempt at trying to take suspicion away from him. Praline could have taken responsibility for the "track" and pushed for him and I'd be willing to believe them but they simply let their lynch slide and never addressed the vision thing.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
If memory serves, didn’t praline show Alpha visiting dead Natz?

This suggests to me that the mafia had knowledge of some kind of method of interacting with the Natz body before it happened. I think it’s more likely that the mafia team felt Alpha may have been an easy target for the lynch as a result of this ability; Alpha generally is lower in stature in terms of contribution, and considering praline didn’t say anything about it, I have to suspect that this wasn’t an attempt at distancing.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Ironic because you've been fooled and utterly convinced by scum this whole time and outed someone who done his best to help town. Granted yes for my own survival and to help fuel my win con but that is all over now so all i have left is my scum hunting abilities.

Oh well. Guess its time to shut up finally.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Oh yeah, how many claimed roleblockers do we have? Maven counts as one of them. Golden is the other, right?

I can’t help but feel Alpha is actually probably cleared; I don’t think Maven would have targeted Alpha with a protect based on the context of the situation. Alpha was miserably null and it would make more sense to choose him as a roleblock target.

Which means that it is incredibly likely Maven meditated last night and came to Alpha’s aid; it explicitly states in Maven’s role PM that his meditate will only help assist Jedi.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
But, uh, if that’s true, then I’m confused as to how Alpha was helped as opposed to Opossum. What was the determinant in this accord? Why prioritize Alpha over Opossum?

Hmmmmmm.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Hearing his version of events is import-

Oh wait, you’re scum, I kinda have to ignore you at this point. :p

AlphaSSB AlphaSSB just recount your version of events for Please.
At 2112 last night, I received a notification that I was challenged to a dual. However, I was asleep at the time, so I never saw the notification until this morning. And so I wagered zero force points by default.

At 2314 last night, I received a notification claiming that another player came to my aide.

Then come this morning, Maven is dead. Now, let's look at Maven's first ability:

"But what about the Droid attack on the Wookies?"
NIGHT ACTION - LIGHT
Once per night, you can choose a player you suspect is in danger, and join up with them if they are
challenged to a duel. You will each submit Force Point wagers anonymously that will be added together
to be measured against the challenger. If together you lose the wager, you will die instead of the
player you protect.

POWERED UP: For 2 Force Points, you can meditate all night. You will be informed which Jedi specifically,
if any, is challenged to a duel, and have the opportunity to run to their side and join them in the duel.

You have 12 FORCE POINTS at your disposal.
Looks like last night, Maven used this ability. I would assume the powered-up version, since I don't think Maven would've had much reason to suspect that I may be in danger. He was alerted that I had been challenged to a dual. Since I didn't get to wager any points in time, whatever amount Maven wagered wasn't enough, and so he died in my stead. Which is a shame, because if I had wagered, Kon would almost certainly be dead.

Note how he would only be informed if I was a Jedi, specifically. @Shishœ you think I might be scum? There's the proof I'm not.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
So basically I almost screwed over town, sounds about right. :/

Anyways, Thirdkoopa, Moydow, Golden are all probably worth a check.
What's the votecount looking like?

D

Deleted member

Unvote
vote: Thirdkoopa

The evidemce in Alpha's favor is good enough for me, so I say we try to check koopa.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Looks like it's heading in this direction, so
Vote: Thirdkoopa

For me right now, it's between them and Z25 for the check, so I'll go with what others are going with.

Current vote count:
Nabe: 1 (Kon)
Thirdkoopa: 3 (Shish, FE, Moydow)
Moydow: 1 (Nabe)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
But, uh, if that’s true, then I’m confused as to how Alpha was helped as opposed to Opossum. What was the determinant in this accord? Why prioritize Alpha over Opossum?

Hmmmmmm.
Maybe they didn’t fully trust opossum or just took a guess on who to protect?

Also we need to come to a consensus on who to check today.

I’m still thinking golden but what’s everyone else have to say?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
At 2112 last night, I received a notification that I was challenged to a dual. However, I was asleep at the time, so I never saw the notification until this morning. And so I wagered zero force points by default.

At 2314 last night, I received a notification claiming that another player came to my aide.

Then come this morning, Maven is dead. Now, let's look at Maven's first ability:

Looks like last night, Maven used this ability. I would assume the powered-up version, since I don't think Maven would've had much reason to suspect that I may be in danger. He was alerted that I had been challenged to a dual. Since I didn't get to wager any points in time, whatever amount Maven wagered wasn't enough, and so he died in my stead. Which is a shame, because if I had wagered, Kon would almost certainly be dead.

Note how he would only be informed if I was a Jedi, specifically. @Shishœ you think I might be scum? There's the proof I'm not.
sorry to burst your bubble but defenders can't kill attackers. At best maven would of survived and nothing would happen to me.

Either way he'll have his vengeance soon.

And for the mean time I'll side with to help with this. Might as well have it get off even if its not on the most beneficial person.

Unvote
Vote: koopa

I still recommend going over majority as to be careful of broken votes.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I am confused who to vote for.

Can Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa give me a vote count please?
Try reading the thread, I posted one not long ago (though there have been a few more votes since then)

I guess I'll update it anyway:

Thirdkoopa: 5 (Shish, FE, Moydow, Z25, Kon)
Golden: 1 (Thirdkoopa)

I'm not opposed to checking Golden either if we'd rather test the veracity of their claim.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I mean, let’s be real here, koops keep up the vote count in this chaotic world. I say we give him a chance. :awesome:

Also, my concern is that Golden will become a lynch target later on if he’s not cleared now simply because he is a second roleblocked. I’d rather get this out of the way.

UNLESS someone has a compelling case.

D

Deleted member

Try reading the thread, I posted one not long ago (though there have been a few more votes since then)

I guess I'll update it anyway:

Thirdkoopa: 5 (Shish, FE, Moydow, Z25, Kon)
Golden: 1 (Thirdkoopa)

I'm not opposed to checking Golden either if we'd rather test the veracity of their claim.
Oh, all right.

Vote: Thirdkoopa

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This isn’t actually a bad idea.

Would anyone be opposed to Golden being checked?
I stated before but I wanted to check golden. I don’t mind if someone else gets picked but i still was thinking golden makes sense

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I used my own ability to confirm golden while i was manipulating him for my/town uses and can confirm his role is exactly as it says it is. Both parts of his role, and they are of clear town use.

Though not sure how much you trust confirmed scums word however.

Unvote
Vote:golden

Only so he can be confirmed.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
You claimed that Golden’s ability was called “Blaster,” right?

Aren’t abilities not supposed to have names? More importantly, Jedi don’t use blasters...right?

Also, you claim that Jedi are unable to defend themselves after Golden roleblocks them, which is of course pretty questionable lol. And he only has 3 charges as opposed to Maven’s limitless use. Sounds a little sketch to me.

Top Bottom