• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Phantom Mafia - So This Is How Liberty Dies

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Unvote
Vote: Natz

Wanting to kill someone off who is clearly town because you find them annoying to read seems hella scummy. Especially considering they're not offensive at all.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also honestly I don't think Shiny should be lynched yet for meta reasons. Not much of a point in Bard coaching him if he dies day one...it'd have been a waste if he didn't get at least a single night phase.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Also honestly I don't think Shiny should be lynched yet for meta reasons. Not much of a point in Bard coaching him if he dies day one...it'd have been a waste if he didn't get at least a single night phase.
I agree with this part, let the teacher teach, and student be taught, y'know.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Alright I’ll go with you on this and take my vote off of Shiny and put it on Natz too since you did make a pretty good point honestly.

Unvote Shiny
Vote Natz

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Maven: 1 (Thirdkoopa)
Shiny: 2 (AlphaSSB, Z25)
Natz: 3 (Shish, Opossum, Praline)
Opossum: 1 (Nabe)
praline: 1 (Shiny)
Nabe: 1 (Natz)

Not voted yet: Pokechu, LoneKonWolf, Fire Emblemier, GoldenYuitusin, Jojalole, Moydow, Maven

30 minutes to deadline!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well I did feel bad about my initial vote, even if it had reason.

Let's hope your right and he's town. If he is still acting odd tomorrow we should press him for info though.

unvote

I dont know who would be worth voting for then though.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Natz hasn't done ANYTHING scummy at all
Unvote
Vote: Natz

Wanting to kill someone off who is clearly town because you find them annoying to read seems hella scummy. Especially considering they're not offensive at all.
Does it really seem scummy? Would a scum and their teammates think

"okay, Natz, you go vote Nabe. Tell the thread that your reasoning? It's because you find them annoying."

If not Natz, who would you choose?
This is going to sound like OMGUS but Opo; his activity shows that he's been active on other parts of the site, a trend he usually follows when he's mafia; he keeps up with the game but doesn't contribute to it. The lynch he's trying to push on Natz is opportunistic imo because it completely disregards her personality and her motives. For example, if she was scum, then the situation makes no sense as she stated here.
cause i'm actually trying to find it :V

if i actually did it why would i draw so much attention to actually doing it?
And unlike half the game, Natz has actually been contributing. Town will suffer a MAJOR loss if we lynch her.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
With everyone being at 1 vote now with Z's unvote, save for Natz at 3, and the phase ending in 20 minutes, I might actually need to put my vote where my keyboard is... I really don't want to but I also don't want to see Natz get lynched over LITERALLY nothing

D

Deleted member

Shish:
Shiny: 3 (AlphaSSB, Z25, Praline)
Natz: 1 (Shish)
praline: 2 (Opossum, Shiny)

Not voted yet: Pokechu, LoneKonWolf, Fire Emblemier, GoldenYuitusin, Jojalole, Moydow, Maven

Right now @ShinyLegendary is looking to be lynched, we got 50 minutes to deadline. Are we sure we are ok, with him and Bard getting lynched? Or should we look towards someone else?
I am just saying, you will all highly regret lynching me.
You are making things better for the Sith by lynching me.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

"okay, Natz, you go vote Nabe. Tell the thread that your reasoning? It's because you find them annoying."

This is going to sound like OMGUS but Opo; his activity shows that he's been active on other parts of the site, a trend he usually follows when he's mafia; he keeps up with the game but doesn't contribute to it. The lynch he's trying to push on Natz is opportunistic imo because it completely disregards her personality and her motives. For example, if she was scum, then the situation makes no sense as she stated here.

And unlike half the game, Natz has actually been contributing. Town will suffer a MAJOR loss if we lynch her.
So you're saying you think Opo is scum, huh.
I will say it is in character for Natz, rather than scummy.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm okay with allowing Shiny another day to learn and figure things out, but I'm only okay with it this once just in case he does turn out to be mafia/third-party.

I'm not 100% sold on lynching Natz yet... I don't agree with her on Nabe, since it seems like such a ridiculous thing for Nabe to lie about when it would clearly draw suspicion on himself, but other than that I haven't seen anything especially wrong. She's at least been actually contributing here, unlike a bunch of other people, and I don't think she'd draw such attention to Nabe's predicament if she was on the side of the person responsible for it (though I guess it's also possible the person responsible is third-party or even town, though the latter seems unlikely).

I dunno. Don't have any better suggestions right now, anyway, this day hasn't been great in terms of getting useful information. We do have the probable mafioso with the ability to curse users to only be able to speak in images, and possibly a pool of potential suspects, but at the same time it could easily just be someone who showed up, dropped their thing on Nabe, and vanished again without posting anything in the thread.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Lynching someone with a status effect (and likely town, since Mafia wouldn't be targeted, more than likely) just because they're annoying is scummy as all hell, Pokechu.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Lynching someone with a status effect (and likely town, since Mafia wouldn't be targeted, more than likely) just because they're annoying is scummy as all hell, Pokechu.
I'm not sure you're in the best position to judge what's scummy or not; you're posting on the forums but you aren't contributing to the game. She's also the only vote on Nabe, so there's no way she expects for him to be lynched toDay. It's clear she intended for her vote to be just a slap and nothing more.

And once again, you're ignoring how Natz's personality plays into this. This seems exactly like something town!Natz would do, because she doesn't mean for him to really get lynched.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
i don't see why this is lolworthy? I'm okay w/ a Natz lynch, myself.

Oh shoot, phase ends in like, 13 mins, right?
You've made like THREE POSTS ALL DAY

You being okay with a Natz lynch doesn't put you in a good light LOL

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'm going to trust Pokechu's gut on this, there's been plenty of games where he picked out who's scum quickly.
Vote Opossum

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm not sure you're in the best position to judge what's scummy or not; you're posting on the forums but you aren't contributing to the game. She's also the only vote on Nabe, so there's no way she expects for him to be lynched toDay. It's clear she intended for her vote to be just a slap and nothing more.

And once again, you're ignoring how Natz's personality plays into this. This seems exactly like something town!Natz would do, because she doesn't mean for him to really get lynched.
So I didn't get a chance to check the thread until now and suddenly that's more scummy than wanting to kill an almost-confirmed townie? You're not casting yourself in a good light, Chu.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
You've made like THREE POSTS ALL DAY

You being okay with a Natz lynch doesn't put you in a good light LOL
I've certainly contributed more than you're implying from those three posts, lol. We actually got in more direction on that and I've helped get our (messy) votals sorted out.

seriously Shish please don't do that again with your vote if the mods not doing votals :p

but now I want to hear what Shiny has to say first, considering he seems to be softclaiming an informative day role

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll wait for Shiny to explain to move my vote so no one tries to last minute lynch me.

D

Deleted member

Shish:
Shiny: 3 (AlphaSSB, Z25, Praline)
Natz: 1 (Shish)
praline: 2 (Opossum, Shiny)

Right now @ShinyLegendary is looking to be lynched, we got 50 minutes to deadline. Are we sure we are ok, with him and Bard getting lynched? Or should we look towards someone else?
Wait, this all changed?
Can I see the current vote scale FE please?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
It'll be sad if he flips townie but Natz definitely does not deserve to be lynched D1

Vote Opossum

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
That is why you should not lynch me in day one.

Guys, please. It is a really bad idea to lynch me in Day 1.
assuming you're not bluffing: why would you softclaim daycop that early

its one of the most powerful roles

like... hell, if you were bent on claiming, you coulda asked us who to cop before you claimed? or at least gave some sort of hint?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pokechu you are acting scummy as hell with this last second voting garbage.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Shiny: 1 (AlphaSSB,)
Natz: 3 (Shish, Opossum, Praline)
Opossum: 2 (Nabe, Fire)
praline: 1 (Shiny)

Not voted yet: Pokechu, LoneKonWolf, GoldenYuitusin, Jojalole, Moydow, Maven

30 minutes to deadline!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I've certainly contributed more than you're implying from those three posts, lol. We actually got in more direction on that and I've helped get our (messy) votals sorted out.

seriously Shish please don't do that again with your vote if the mods not doing votals :p

but now I want to hear what Shiny has to say first, considering he seems to be softclaiming an informative day role
LOL

ALL your posts are reactions

Besides one. Which is a vote count.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself. You certainly haven't contributed more than me. :mad:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay but seriously WHEN has a last minute vote switch ever been a good thing?

Top Bottom