• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peanut Gallery [Diddy Board Social]

vato_break

Smash Master
Don't use them if you have bad item control but i mean if you have bad item control you shouldnt be winning that matchup anyway cuz you probably suck..

seriously diddy kinda ***** zss, just stay on your toes and :180:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I know how to use her items but so does she.
Playing safe and throw them away wil result in you having banana's and she has nothing.

without her items this mu is kinda easy.

0 when both have item's.
+1 when you have banana's and she nothing.
+2 when you have both.

Player-3

Smash Hero
DRN throws all his armor pieces offstage at th ebeginning of the match vs p1

DRNs item control is insane

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
I think its better to get rid of her pieces just because they add extra kill moves and setups. It works both ways but she has practice with items that bounce and can set up(same for wario) and we already have good setups with our bananas

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I do use tires from wario they are less risk imo.
Less knockback.
I don't know I just hate ZSS her items

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Not to mention her B moves do more damage then ours so she can fight while holding one
We still have Side-B and Popgun, and you can just throw a suit piece straight down and stand on top of it so you have all of your other moves at your disposal as well. The only thing you have to worry about from her is Side-B, and that's pretty easy to see coming/block most of the time.

Vega4

Smash Ace
Just stop sucking and use armor against her

:phone:
I agree with this.
If you are a Diddy main, how can have a ZSS main better item control (it doesn't matter if it is a naner, tire, armor piece, or bike,...) than you?
If he does, then you have to practice way more, because you'll have a hard time winning lot of match ups.

Everytime I play a ZSS main for the first time, they do the usual, throw of stage some armor pieces, and just keep one or two, but I r@pe em so hard with they own pieces, that next time we play they don't wanna know anything about armor pieces xD

Btw, if you are bad using ZSS armor pieces, then surely you are one of those Diddy mains that hate the ditto...

Luigi player

Smash Master
The armor pieces were real problems for me lol.

I lost stocks while doing like ~20 % to my opponent while getting ***** by those pieces. I tried throwing them away/use them, but it's always really really difficult to do so. And even if I got to use some, quiksilver always got them back under his control, so in the end I mostly tried to just get rid of 'em as fast as possible. Every little thing get's punished soooo hard by ZSS... I also always got juggled for like 80 % all the time. I also lose without the pieces anyway.

ZSS is so broken, I need to seriously change some things up. Maybe I should just get better... :x

Zinoto

Smash Lord
:diddy: does well in the matchup if you stay grounded. :zerosuitsamus: has limited options when people shield, it's a serious flaw with her, but she eats through spot dodges. Play safe and don't rush in. The main thing is to use your shield.

:phone:

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Today was my first time going all Diddy in tournament, and I ended up getting 17th out of 35 entrants. I didn't actually win any sets, I got byes and one kid forfeited to me because he was exhausted, but the two sets I did play were so fun. I played Sago first round, he went MK/Marth. He told me I surprised him with Diddy, and I did pretty well minus the suicides, though I got 2-0'd. Then in losers I had to play DLA, who went Sheik. Game 1 was last hit, but I managed to suicide when we were both at last hit, I guess I was too close to the right side of Smashville during up B or I hit the stage wrong, but I blew up and died. Game 2 I wasn't playing as well, and ended up suiciding one more time.

So yeah, I need to work on recovering better. I think I was doing pretty well minus the horrible recoveries.

Zinoto and JJRockets were both there too. Zinoto got 7th iirc, and JJ got 13th, so I was the lowest placing Diddy, but it was good experience for me I think.

Vega4

Smash Ace
The armor pieces were real problems for me lol.

I lost stocks while doing like ~20 % to my opponent while getting ***** by those pieces. I tried throwing them away/use them, but it's always really really difficult to do so. And even if I got to use some, quiksilver always got them back under his control, so in the end I mostly tried to just get rid of 'em as fast as possible. Every little thing get's punished soooo hard by ZSS... I also always got juggled for like 80 % all the time. I also lose without the pieces anyway.

ZSS is so broken, I need to seriously change some things up. Maybe I should just get better... :x
When the match is starting you just need to jump and get your naners out. You now that in some moment ZSS is going to throw you those armor pieces, so you just have to react and shield. You also need to be fast preasuring with your naners, ZSS' side B gives her some range, but naners break that, so there is no reason why you couldn't counter her game...

Ruinn

Smash Ace
Hey guys... it's time. I'm going to be using diddy a bit so that I can use both diddy and donkey kong. I'm pretty lazy to look but is there any beginners guide to using diddy in here? ;-; i know how to glide toss and all that and ive been hit by the naner naner walk up dsmash many times so i think i can replicate it. but i know theres more to diddy and i must find out! ;-;

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Yeah, we have several good beginner's reads in the stickies. There's the general Diddy guide for absolute beginners to Diddy play, and then there's the Kongpendium which is an amalgamation of everything Diddy-related. Start with the general guide and then read as much of the Kongpendium and the threads that it links to as you can to get started, and be sure to post if you have any questions in the Q&A thread. If you're getting stuck on a certain AT and you want a quicker explanation than waiting for a response in the Q&A, check out Player-1's AT video guides (which are also stickied) as they do a great job explaining things.

And, of course, welcome, fellow Kongrade! :kongmunism:

That should so be a smiley, I should see if I can make that happen

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
lol Ruinn welcome to diddy boards I gues :)

1 question
did you came with this great plan after reading my post at the dk boards?
because then I am happy that you could use it :)

I picked up diddy like you do now but I couldn't resist the main switch.

Ruinn

Smash Ace
lol Ruinn welcome to diddy boards I gues :)

1 question
did you came with this great plan after reading my post at the dk boards?
because then I am happy that you could use it :)

I picked up diddy like you do now but I couldn't resist the main switch.
pretty much goofy aha, i can use the other chars you listed too and i was like might as well learn diddy too!

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Speaking of no MU experience, I'm glad we're discussing Olimar because lord knows I (and the majority of AL) have no recent experience in that MU (ever since DanGR dropped Olimar since "He has nowhere to go but down," lol). I swear, there was this thirteen-year-old Olimar player I played a few years ago who was really good for his age and I bet he could come to an ASL tournament not having played any Brawl since and would probably get top 13

tibs7

Smash Champion
ok so falco bair>snakes bair.
absolutely ridiculous move

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
According to my smash group, most players seem to hate Falco for some reason. I'm with P1, I think it's a really fun MU (now that I'm avoiding the CG > Spike fairly well).

Oh, P1, I finally did the rising Barrel Blast against Kismet at our Friday Smashfest to recover from the CG > Spike, but I didn't get a spike out of it :(

Zinoto

Smash Lord
According to my smash group, most players seem to hate Falco for some reason. I'm with P1, I think it's a really fun MU (now that I'm avoiding the CG > Spike fairly well).

Oh, P1, I finally did the rising Barrel Blast against Kismet at our Friday Smashfest to recover from the CG > Spike, but I didn't get a spike out of it :(
I got tired of missing techs on the stage because of my booty smash DI so I just do rising up-b as well. Instant recovery.

guys, how much does a dazzle cost?
I bought mine for $50, but they can vary.

This is a good thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298260

Top Bottom