• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peanut Gallery [Diddy Board Social]

Vega4

Smash Ace
I was watching this match:

GF cyve (Diddy) vs. quiksilver (ZSS)

And... I almost broke my computer...
I mean, it's incredible, all first match and Cyve didn't use a single *****n time the monkey flip!!! OMG how can a Diddy main play without using monkey flip!!?? It's just ridiculous!! (You did it last time, not a single monkey flip, you did it again this time, and I hope you won't be avoiding monkey flip forever...).

And second match... OM*****nGod!!! I stopped at 1 or 2 minutes, I was going to have a heart attack if I keep watching... I mean, how can a Diddy main be bodied so hard with ZSS armor pieces!!?? This is the most stupid thing I have ever seen in a GF...
If you are a Diddy main, a decent one, YOU CAN NOT BE BEATEN IN ITEMS GAME BY A MAIN OF OTHER CHARACTER, NOT A ZSS MAIN, NOT A WARIO MAIN, NOT A GANON MAIN, NO ONE SHOULD BEAT YOU IN ITEMS GAME!!! (unless you are playing vs other Diddy main better than u...)

I'm sorry Cyve, I don't want to offend you, and I don't even know if you beat and play like god in the rest of the GF, but what I watched made say this, I couldn't help it...

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
If you are a Diddy main, a decent one, YOU CAN NOT BE BEATEN IN ITEMS GAME BY A MAIN OF OTHER CHARACTER, NOT A ZSS MAIN, NOT A WARIO MAIN, NOT A GANON MAIN, NO ONE SHOULD BEAT YOU IN ITEMS GAME!!! (unless you are playing vs other Diddy main better than u...)
I could go on and on about how utterly ******** this assumption is. Instead I'll just reference a player. Anti. Anti is/was known for being a Diddy slayer and had many times defeated ADHD through the use of his bananas against him. As far as I know, he was primarily a MK main (though i think he started off as a snake main? not entirely sure about this tho) So, how is it that the diddy who was (along with gnes) considered to be the best diddy for quite a while (probably still is for most, is to me) having someone go even with him in terms of item control , or perhaps even better, who is not another diddy main?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
what is this barrel blast out of chaingrab nonsense?

:009:
If you use Up-B within a few frames of being in hitstun (I think this is how this works?), instead of your momentum stopping while you charge your barrels, you keep whatever momentum you have. This means if you were hit right and immediately Up-B, you'll be charging your barrels while flying to the right. If you get spiked and immediately Jump and Up-B to Meteor Cancel, you'll keep your momentum of your jump and will charge your Barrels while moving upward.

Typically we get a new thread about once a month with someone saying "omg guiez new Diddy AT!!1!" and they're talking about this glitch. I think this is the longest we've gone without that happening! (maybe people are finally reading the stickies?!
lol probably not
)

guys, how much does a dazzle cost?
Like what was already said, around 50, but I'd also look into the Diamond OneTouch VC500. It's cheaper, smaller, and it records with amazing quality. It's what I use to record my matches, and it works beautifully. Of course, the Dazzle is the most popular choice, so you'd probably get more help from these forums while using it if you picked the Dazzle. Anyway, here is a link to the VC500:

http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-VC500-Touch-Capture-Device/dp/B000VM60I8

EDIT: Oh wow, they dropped the price a lot, that's nice

Me and DRN are going

:phone:
How do you manage to get to go to all these OoS tournaments, especially far away? Do you drive, like, a day in advance? I'd love to go to some, but traveling is always a limiting factor for me.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Me and DRN are flying to Apex. I drive whenever someone is willing to drive since it's cheaper, but I'll try get to a tournament a day in advance or something unless it's a short drive.

Vega4

Smash Ace
I could go on and on about how utterly ******** this assumption is. Instead I'll just reference a player. Anti. Anti is/was known for being a Diddy slayer and had many times defeated ADHD through the use of his bananas against him. As far as I know, he was primarily a MK main (though i think he started off as a snake main? not entirely sure about this tho) So, how is it that the diddy who was (along with gnes) considered to be the best diddy for quite a while (probably still is for most, is to me) having someone go even with him in terms of item control , or perhaps even better, who is not another diddy main?
It's just like Player 1 said, Anti haven't an even nor better item game. He beat Diddy so good because he uses (and he uses it in a great way) an "all in your face" style, that is basically pure preassure, that doesn't let the Diddy main do anything. And off course, he is great gimping Diddy. This style is pretty much the same he uses vs Olimar...

Anti's item game is good because he also uses Diddy sometimes, but is not even close to top Diddys...

Don't talk if you don't know what you are talking about, and start improving your item game, because your assumption is the utterly ******** one ;)

Ruinn

Smash Ace
guys guys, i just want to learn how to play a better diddy. ;-;

on a plus note, after a day of using diddy, i was able to get neon(3rd best dk) to last stock 150+%. I had about 60% too and he glide attacked to full punch me at the end, which was pretty sad. but yea, I shall keep improving! muwahaha~

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
guys guys, i just want to learn how to play a better diddy. ;-;

on a plus note, after a day of using diddy, i was able to get neon(3rd best dk) to last stock 150+%. I had about 60% too and he glide attacked to full punch me at the end, which was pretty sad. but yea, I shall keep improving! muwahaha~
Lol the Feed the Famine combo.
Just run away from him. Like hardcore. That's how I beat em.

tibs7

Smash Champion
when is sktar and is there livestream??

i have tourny in like 5 days :) will get new vids hopefully

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
I was watching this match:

GF cyve (Diddy) vs. quiksilver (ZSS)

And... I almost broke my computer...
I mean, it's incredible, all first match and Cyve didn't use a single *****n time the monkey flip!!! OMG how can a Diddy main play without using monkey flip!!?? It's just ridiculous!! (You did it last time, not a single monkey flip, you did it again this time, and I hope you won't be avoiding monkey flip forever...).

And second match... OM*****nGod!!! I stopped at 1 or 2 minutes, I was going to have a heart attack if I keep watching... I mean, how can a Diddy main be bodied so hard with ZSS armor pieces!!?? This is the most stupid thing I have ever seen in a GF...

I'm sorry Cyve, I don't want to offend you, and I don't even know if you beat and play like god in the rest of the GF, but what I watched made say this, I couldn't help it...
Dude, this ZSS would very likely wreck you (I don't want to offend you :) ) but I know, that I could do WAY better against him..
I will use the monkey flip more often now and as a side note, I'm a Pit main

Player-1

Smash Legend
I am some friendlies coming up vs DRN that shows a good example of how the MU is played (with a couple of infinites)

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
problem is we can't all be as good as P-1

well I thing that maining diddy helps my mk a lot actualy.
My mk has a better item game then most openents I play.

Luigi player

Smash Master
i don't know, doesn't take all that much effort to beat zss. i'm sure even p-1 would with that ZSS but, that is just my opinion.
zss is broken maan!

1 error = 30-80 %
and you also die at like 100-140 %

it's so stupid :(

quik would **** all of you btw! (except p1 of course)

Luigi player

Smash Master
Snakes' kill moves are so transparent >.>
yes

ZSS' bair and sideB are so strong. one dsmash leads into everything... and juggles can also lead to you getting hit by them.
also sideB goes through my shield so often... maybe it's just me though >.<

Player-1

Smash Legend
if they SH away from you when you're at kill percents they're going to side-b, if you're on the ledge and you're at kill percents they're going to side-b, if you're off stage high in the air and they jump at you but keep a decent amount of distance they're going to side-b. Diddy is short, kinda hard to hit bair with on the ground, only time they'll hit in the air with it is out of reads or frame traps. Uair is usually stale, dsmash is hard to hit with unless they read your air dodge or something

Zinoto

Smash Lord
zss is broken maan!

1 error = 30-80 %
and you also die at like 100-140 %

it's so stupid :(

quik would **** all of you btw! (except p1 of course)
It's funny because a lot of other characters say that about us. 1 error = 30-40%. Also, I don't die that early at all, I'm usually living until 150-160%. Your problem is that you're not shielding enough. If you shield what is zss gonna do, grab? Her grab is booty and all of her kill moves can be predicted and avoided (save frametraps).

And I doubt quik could beat 3/4 of us :diddy:.

if they SH away from you when you're at kill percents they're going to side-b, if you're on the ledge and you're at kill percents they're going to side-b, if you're off stage high in the air and they jump at you but keep a decent amount of distance they're going to side-b. Diddy is short, kinda hard to hit bair with on the ground, only time they'll hit in the air with it is out of reads or frame traps. Uair is usually stale, dsmash is hard to hit with unless they read your air dodge or something
Oh, nevermind P-1's got this :cool:

Vega4

Smash Ace
Exactly, ZSS is way too predictable.
And Cyve, I'm sorry to say this, but here in Colombia (yep, south america) we have way better ZSSs than that. So, I'm sure I would beat that one, and I also think I can play better than u. I would never be bodied with any item the way you was in that second match, seriously, I almost broke my computer, I couldn't watch any more a scene as ridiculous as that...

Finally, "you'll be using monkey flip more often"... "more often", for using it more often you should start by using it at least one time per match, because in a lot of your matchs you don't use it at all, it's just incredible. Seriously, are you afraid of using it? The only time when you can be afraid of using it is when you are at kill percents, but you don't use it even when you are at 0%...
I'm not saying "use it all the time", because if you use it in a predictable way you can be punish for that, but in your matches, the othe guy is all the time shielding in a confortable way because all you do is throwing naner right at him, so, if you use monkey flip you'll show him that his shield is not that safe, and that will make easier for you to hit him with naners....

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
well quiksilver is still top 5 europ he is deff a good player.
but zss lol just crawl a lot as well she can't hit arials if you crawl.

btw I can agree that diddy useualy have better item games but if your oponent I just better player that still doesn't make any sence.
if you play a zss main that is way better than I can still be possible that you lose an item game right?

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
quiKsilver is probably the best ZSS in Europe, and he plays smarter than most of you guys (Even Mr.R said, that he plays smarter than Salem but needs more experience and stuff)
And I also doubt that you're better than me ROFL
but nvmd, i don't want beef in here~

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
you sed that to me?
well yeah probably then. Never sed I was better.
but as far as I know we are at this boards to have fun,talk about diddy and help each other.
Quik is the best zss in europe for sure that's why I sed he is top 5 europe.(not just top 5 zss just for all characters together)
I am not trying to be rude or anything I am just trying to help and throw my opinion i nthe group.

If that message was not for me then nvm this post.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
-dead- @ Lp's ZSS bias. Kid gets rusty one time and suddently forgets how free ZSS is. You play the lamest, most ******** cheat character in the game and complain about ZSS? In a match-up that's in your favor anyway? Start playing srs business again and you'll realize that it's not that hard ... YOU are the one who plays a broken character ... losing to a mediocre one. Gotta step your game up again.

Honestly, cyve is really good but Pit is his character to watch out for, not Diddy ... his aggro style as Diddy Kong just happens to work vs ZSS because that character has such a whack defensive engine. Imho he should just go all Pit though because I don't see his Diddy working against a character that actually has like ... defensive options.

Vega4 still mad dumb though, bananas aren't even that special vs ZSS unless you go for nana locks. Would really love to see P1's vids vs that ZSS player too, isn't that the guy that beat Dojo?

:059:

Vega4

Smash Ace
quiKsilver is probably the best ZSS in Europe, and he plays smarter than most of you guys (Even Mr.R said, that he plays smarter than Salem but needs more experience and stuff)
And I also doubt that you're better than me ROFL
but nvmd, i don't want beef in here~
You are saying that you are better than me just because you are European and I'm latin american? Being a good player in europe doesn't mean you are better than a good player in latin america, a Chilean boy placed better @Apex than a lot of your top european heros, so till next time, south america>europe.

I don't know about your Pit, but your Diddy needs much more practice, you don't even use such basic things like monkey flip...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
lol @ calling the best player of the entire continent of south america a 'chilean boy'.

:059:

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
You are saying that you are better than me just because you are European and I'm latin american?
wtf, never said anything close to that.
me being better than you has nothing to do with the region.

Being a good player in europe doesn't mean you are better than a good player in latin america, a Chilean boy placed better @Apex than a lot of your top european heros, so till next time, south america>europe.
You mean Zero? He placed 17th, just like Mr.R did.
And your argument is invalid, quiK already played against Teban and !, 2 players coming from columbia and both say that quik is better than every other "top ZSS" in columbia.. just SAYAN

I don't know about your Pit, but your Diddy needs much more practice, you don't even use such basic things like monkey flip...
lmao are you basing my playstyle off of just one crappy set? (it was 3AM in the morning)
In wf's i used it a few times and I use it more often in general (Used it few more times against Cadet I think)
And it's not like the number of side-b's determines my skill level LOL (that's basically the only thing you're saying the whole time)

Vega4

Smash Ace
wtf, never said anything close to that.
me being better than you has nothing to do with the region.

You mean Zero? He placed 17th, just like Mr.R did.
And your argument is invalid, quiK already played against Teban and !, 2 players coming from columbia and both say that quik is better than every other "top ZSS" in columbia.. just SAYAN

lmao are you basing my playstyle off of just one crappy set? (it was 3AM in the morning)
In wf's i used it a few times and I use it more often in general (Used it few more times against Cadet I think)
And it's not like the number of side-b's determines my skill level LOL (that's basically the only thing you're saying the whole time)
Both surely random Colombian players because I never have heard of them and I go to the tournaments with the top people here... So yey, two random player who doesn't know our top ZSS said Quicksilver rulzz lol

And about Zero, well, South america had one top player in Apex and he did just as good as your best placed player there (and you have more than one), so based on that we are at least at the same level as you.

And I insist in Monkey Flip because a legit Diddy main can't play an entire match without using it, it's stupid... I don't know or care if it was 3am or 1pm, it's stupid...
Just use side B and shield those armor pieces, is not that hard.

Top Bottom