• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peanut Gallery [Diddy Board Social]

Player-1

Smash Legend
ya didn't play particularly well, didn't play particularly bad either, I lost to kryst and croi, both warios, one of my best MUs cuz I was just on autopilot mode. Against croi 3 of my stock losses were due to random elements. G1 I tripped right into his fsmash at 90-100 on SV platform and died when I had the stock lead, G2 same thing happened but I actually won that, I actually tripping like 4-5 times during that game, G3 I got fsmashed, coulda lived with a banana toss momentum cancel, but it randomly dropped out of my hand when he hit me so i just did an air dodge momentum cancel and died. TBH, I really really wanted to quit brawl (or at least go on a very long break from anything outside locals) after this happened since I just seem to have the worst luck in the world when it comes to tripping or other random factors. I probably would have if I hadn't already bought my Apex plane ticket which is kinda weird for me since I'm typically the happy-go-lucky, I can do anything I set my mind to type of person, but this just frustrated me so much.

I guess I just have the universe balancing out my luck between random barrel trajectories helping me and everything else hurting me

lost the MM against zinoto, but we trolled everyone cuz it was actually a one dollar MM

wrecked **** up in doubles though, got 3rd with kismet beating a lot of good teams. Beat zinoto/shugo, 2 falco diddy teams. Game 1 was pretty awesome since it came down to me vs shugo with shugo at 0% and me at like 150% and came back and won, it was streamed so it should be on youtube.

Vega4

Smash Ace
Why is Gheb trolling?

Btw, I watched your match vs Krystedez, and you are right, you didn't play as good as you usually do in that match up.
And don't say you are quitting just because a bad tournament placing, you'll be fine and practicing again in a week or two.

I saw bracket and Zinoto lost two times vs Reflex. Wario is a hard match :S

MJG did well but his matches always went to time, it's annoying xD

Vega4

Smash Ace
Guys, how often do you practice the infinite to have it pretty fresh? I mean, I have realized that if I stop practicing the infinite for 3 days I just lose the perfect timing, and I have to recover it again. So I try to practice every day, or at least every two days, but not for more of 40 minutes, because I get bored, and the finger that I use to press L (for the instant throw) gets really tired...
How often do you practice it?

@Goofy, he went to time (or at least last minute) even when he used Diddy D:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Hey Player-1,

Just letting you know you did fine in our match and I hope to see you out more often sir.

I made a few mistakes and got greedy during our matches somewhat, never getting close to a 2-stock on you at all. You've got to play more patiently and work on consistently getting your banana set ups for those kills. Wario is definitely a difficult match up for Diddy but I believe you when you say you have experience in it.

Here's to seeing you again next time, practice well, play hard, but most important, have fun.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I mean P-1 you have a diddy boards with fanboys lol not many players can say that there character boards are there fanboys =) who else has to help luigi getting top tier?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
only a few days until I go to Youmacon. Zinoto, I know you were on the fence about going but you better ****ing go

won some money to buy some one piece swag. Just gotta borrow a dealers room pass

also, I'll tweet any updates I can. follow me at @GameDragonx

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Guys why are we dieing atm? We shoul'n't let happen to us wath happened to the mk boards.P-1 do you have some nice story's about luigi or fox?

Gnes

Smash Master
P1 your probably just overloading your mind with brawl. Just take a break for a little bit and dont enter as many tourneys.

You should also pick up other games.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Lol just be chill guys big tourneys don't happen every weekend and who cares about locals, as far as talking in depth about them.

Me and zinoto will plant a monkey flag in everyone's *** for youmacon though. 12 hours away hype

:phone:

Player-1

Smash Legend
ya gnes i plan on it, my account has been banned for the past 2 weeks cuz I requested for it to be since I was just going to take a break from smashboards and tournaments and stuff. WABA is probably the last tournament I enter this year and Apex will be my one after that. Unless I start feeling better about the game that is.

tibs7

Smash Champion
smashed vega in MK7 the other day :)
started playing LoL. actually pretty cool.

i have no tournament until like november 27 or something.boring :(

Vega4

Smash Ace
xD that's right, player-1 get Mario Kart 7 and join us :)

Btw, Tibs, we are 2-2 in MK7, my Peach with the Bumble V + Wooden wheels is godlike :E

And GDX, you never said if that tournament is having a stream or not...

Vega4

Smash Ace
Nice list, thanks Zinoto, and good luck to GDX, you, and all Diddy's there

tibs7

Smash Champion
Lol fading out?
ADHD is back!
but is really the only Diddy that does well :(

P-1 play mk7 with us mang :)

:phone:

Vega4

Smash Ace
Player-1, I already send you my 3DS FC.

About Zinoto, yep, but he lost to DDD :S
I guess he needs to wall him out better, I feels DDD has a really hard time when he faces Diddy, but anyway, watching his match vs Vex, I had the feeling that Zinoto wasn't playing as good as he can, also when he played vs Bloodcross, once he killed him, he didn't rack up as much damage as he could and get killed soon.
I hope he at least MM M2K or something, to see how he does vs him.
@GDX, good stuff, you got Chibo...

Also, don't you think it's a good idea using F-smash when you hit your opponent with nana instead of grab him when he is at low percent? I like to do this sometimes, specially vs heavy characters (just like Rob and DDD) to get extra damage, because when people is at low percent, they usually don't SDI out of our F-smash (they are not afraid of getting killed, so they usually don't watch out). And also, because I used when they are at low percent, it will be refreshed by the time I need use it to kill.
I even sometimes uses F-smash, in their first trip, and U-smash in their second trip. That way I get almost 15% more than if I used normal grabs, and I put my opponent earlier in percent in which I can pummel them more, so this can give you even 20% more damage per stock...
But like everything, I don't use it everytime, or they'll watch out for it...

PD: It's nice to see that someone is still going to tournaments, I hope he keeps doing it:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=329383

Top Bottom