• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pac-Man Support Thread (Wakka wakka wakka)

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
He can bump it, although, not with such a ******** reply with only 10 words that contribute nothing. :rolleyes: Zombie7775, do you care to elaborate? >_>

Also, did anyone receive the July issue of Playstation Magazine (I think that was the one...), Pac-Man World Rally demo disks were given out in that issue. As well as the questions asked in my last post, does anyone have a copy of the demo disk, and can tell me what Pac-Man's voice sounds like? I'm just curious to hear what is sounds like, and I'm wondering which Pac-Man voice HAL Labs will use (because there have been many in the dozens of Pac-Man games released).

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Ok I dont think the idea of Pac Man as a playable character but I wouldnt mind him being a weapon of something. He could move across the board and eat the other weapons kinda the same idea as mr saturn in melee.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
zombie7775 said:
Ok I dont think the idea of Pac Man as a playable character but I wouldnt mind him being a weapon of something. He could move across the board and eat the other weapons kinda the same idea as mr saturn in melee.
That would be like picking up a Link or Mario item and throwing him at people. Pac-Man is his own persona, with a voice, powers, and personal struggles. He deserves a character slot if he is even being considered for Brawl.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
He was just saying he didn't want him as a playable character in Brawl, and at least he tried to compromise by making him an item, even though it's a bad idea. Better than nothing though.

I don't want him in only simply because there are other 3rd party characters I want in over him, but I don't hate him.

Redhairedpenguin12

Smash Apprentice
Dang it there's too many awesome third party characters I like pac-man and I like he's 3D games, I havent played Pac-man World three though and I think he's a good choice.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Pac man is a great game but he shouldnt be in brawl. The only pac man game I have ever liked was the original. The pac man with arms is just weird.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Considering he fights in his 3D games, I find it odd that you say he's not a fighter.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
I love how dweller and zombie always post within minutes of eachother and always have the exact same opinions. lo freakin l.

And uh, pac man is still a "maybe" for me.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
DokturSea said:
I love how dweller and zombie always post within minutes of eachother and always have the exact same opinions. lo freakin l.
Sounds like a case of Shocker and Firestar again. So this post isn't spam, Pacman for Brawl.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
The Basement Dweller said:
He is not a fighter either.
WRONG! play his new games he does fight, I remember you from the Diddy thread the one that wants to remove Luigi, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Zelda, Shiek, Peach, Ganondorf, Bowser and Falco.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Basement Dweller said:
He is not a fighter either.
Other people have pointed out that he fights in his 3D games, but I would also like to point out that once he eats a big dot in the original Pac-man, he can eat (fight) the ghosts.

Of course he's a fighter!

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
For those of you who think that Pac-Man can't fight:

Pac-Man World 3 Trailer

Seriously, this is like the 3rd or fourth repost of that in this topic. God, people are either blind, or don't even click the hyperlink.

Also, for those of you who think Pac-Man doesn't have a voice or would just make sound effects or "wakka wakka" noises in Brawl: Click this, and scroll down to where it says "Pac-Man World 3 Gameplay Movie 1". Go watch that and leave the yella fella alone. I really like the voice that Namco America picked for him, it suits him perfectly.

On an unrelated note, Pac-Man World Rally is releasing on August 22nd, only a little more than 2 weeks left.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
xianfeng said:
WRONG! play his new games he does fight, I remember you from the Diddy thread the one that wants to remove Luigi, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Zelda, Shiek, Peach, Ganondorf, Bowser and Falco.
I never said to get rid of Zelda, Peach, Bowser, Jigglypuff, Pikachu or Ganondorf. Ganondorf does need his sword for Brawl though.Anyway I play as Jigglypuff and Peach while zombie is Zelda and Pikachu so why I ask you would I want them gone.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Why do these people keep making up things about us. Its sad that they cant do something constructive. Pac man is never going to make it to brawl so this whole discusion it pointless.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Pac man is never going to make it to brawl so this whole discusion it pointless.
If it's so pointless, why are you still posting here? Don't you have anything constructive to do, like maybe taking a long walk off a short pier for instance? :)

I love how people completely ignore the posts with the PMW3 trailer linked in them. Nice to know that I've shut some of you up. The same thing happens on other forums when I post it. :p

Iggy K

Smash Ace
No chance? He probably has the 5th biggest chance of all 3rd party characters, only beaten by Sonic, Megaman, Bomberman and Geno.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Forgive me for going offtopic, but how does Bomberman have a bigger chance than Pac-Man? I can kinda understand the others, but Bomberman? What has Hudson done for Nintendo lately? =S

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Bomberman appaered in almost every single nintendo system, Hudson is close with Nintendo, they make the mario Party games (Which sell a lot) and Hudson is putting the Turbografx on the Virtual Console, Bomberman had a crossover hame with Wario(Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman), plus Bomberman is pretty popular, so he does have a bigger chance.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Iggy K said:
Bomberman appaered in almost every single nintendo system, Hudson is close with Nintendo, they make the mario Party games (Which sell a lot) and Hudson is putting the Turbografx on the Virtual Console, Bomberman had a crossover hame with Wario(Wario Blast: Featuring Bomberman), plus Bomberman is pretty popular, so he does have a bigger chance.
I may be mistaken, but I believe that Nintendo had a hand in Bomberman Heroes on the 64 somehow. I think they just published it.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
I give your support thread a thumbs up.

Pacman would be better than all this "Sonic the Hedgehog in Brawl" crap I've been hearing about. I mean let's face it, Megaman'd be cool but Sonic the Hedgehog would be good in a Event match due to his annoying speed and agility but that's all.

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice
Here's a moveset I made for Pac-Man

Up-B: Hang Glide- Pacman takes out his Hang Glider from his SNES game, and a powerful gush of wind goes under him, and then he glides downwards, like Peach's Parasol. An excellent recovery move.

B: Eat- Pacman opens and closes his mouth 3 times, going foward and eating several dots, and takes several bites out of the enemy, who soon disappears due to pacman eating them. The enemy later respawns at a random location elsewhere. Sometimes, there might be a fruit or powerpellet in front of Pacman, which may heal him, or make the enemy into a scaredy blue-ish ghost color, which makes them more vulnerable to damage. This move can be copied by Kirby, who gains Pac-Man-ish looks

Side-B: Rev-Roll- Pacman charges up his Rev-Roll, and then launches. This attack is like a mix between Yoshi and Jigglypuff's Rolling attacks.

Down-B: Pac Bounce- Pacman slams his body downwards towards the ground(like Yoshi and Bowser's Buttdrop attack). However, if he hits the ground, he bounces back upwards for another possible attack, like another Pac Bounce.

Brawl: Huge Pacman- Pacman becomes arcade-pixelated and grows to a huge size to eat all the enemies.

Pacman does have enough moves for Brawl

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Ryuuseiken Marth said:
Pacman does have enough moves for Brawl
your B move isn't too great but it's ok

I never said to get rid of Zelda, Peach, Bowser, Jigglypuff, Pikachu or Ganondorf. Ganondorf does need his sword for Brawl though.Anyway I play as Jigglypuff and Peach while zombie is Zelda and Pikachu so why I ask you would I want them gone.
You said you didn't want and secondaries and they are all secondaries in their games

Pacman's taunt should be the classic Wakka Wakka

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Xian, you have had some great ideas posted on these forums and 9/10 i support you, but man this one I cannot stand behind, sorry.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
xianfeng said:
I don't support pacman, I just don't like it when people say things like "he has no moves" or "he isn't a fighter"
Yeah, I've noticed a lot of people saying that this character can't be in the game because he/she can't fight. Have some imagination people, C. Falcon was a driver/bounty hunter but we NEVER saw him fight, ganon hasn't gotten into a fist fight in the entire zelda series, but he is in the game, think OUTSIDE the box is all I'm saying.

Scuba Man Sam

Smash Cadet
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ Now I know my ABC's next time won't you play with me

Pac Man would be so funny, I would die of laughter if he was a playable character.:chuckle: I would also play as him. What attacks would he have.

Quote of doom: I AM ZIM!!!:alien:

bananapancakes

Smash Rookie
I don't agree with this at all.
Reasons being ;
They'd have to make an entire moveset for him.
Punching and kicking pac-man ? He'd be like kirby, but yellow.
If someone can post some ideas for pac-man attacks, or something of the sort I'll change my mind. But until then, I don't think pac-man should be in brawl at all.

As for megaman, that'd be awesome.
Kalas from Baiten Kaitos. Might be alright.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't agree with this at all.
Reasons being ;
They'd have to make an entire moveset for him.
Punching and kicking pac-man ? He'd be like kirby, but yellow.
If someone can post some ideas for pac-man attacks, or something of the sort I'll change my mind. But until then, I don't think pac-man should be in brawl at all.

As for megaman, that'd be awesome.
Kalas from Baiten Kaitos. Might be alright.
Try reading the movesets posted earlier in the thread. Also, realize that Kirby and Pac-man both look, and act entirely different. Good day.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
I think Pacman would be cooler in an Adventure Mode scene than in a character

Your character falls out of the sky and lands in the maze. He/She turns around to see a giant Pacman and does a Mario Party style scream. It is then your job to complete a button mashing sequence to help your character out of the maze

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Dudes, how can Pac-Man go un-noticed for so long?

+BUMP+

Would Pac-Man's stage be from a Pac-man World game, or good old classic arcade maze style?

saberhof

Smash Master
no maze, definetly no pacman world, maybe a plain one with the song of it, or a piece od a maze...i dont know, Teh Pac Fo da Win.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, I just can't see how Pacman would fight, all he does in his games is eat stuff, not enough really to make a good moveset.

Top Bottom