• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pac-Man Support Thread (Wakka wakka wakka)

NukeA6

Smash Master
fluffy said:
nah, im too busy to read that much stuff. plus, seriously.

this is pac-man were talking about.

this as a character? at least G&W has arms and legs.
LMAO. It don't even have eyes. Still, it's better than having some Pikachu wannabe.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
fluffy said:
nah, im too busy to read that much stuff. plus, seriously.

this is pac-man were talking about.

this as a character? at least G&W has arms and legs.
GRAAAAAHHH!!! WILLFULL IGNORANCE!!!

If you had just bothered to read that long post we're all flaming you fo, you wouldn't be so misinformed about Pac-Man and his abilities. Now you're just being a Nancy, a certified Negative Nancy.

Go here and see if it doesn't prove you wrong: Click here for a video of Pac-Man doing stuff other than eating and moving

People make me so angry sometimes!

fluffy

Smash Champion
sheesh mr dotdotdot.

im just giving my thoughts here.

peace out girl scout.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Might as well link back to my long-*** post: http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=1505759&postcount=74

And thanks Dotdotdot for the support.

Anyways... Pac-Man. I think his super move could have him eating a Power Pellet and have all the other fighters turn into blue ghosts that can't attack and could only jump and run away. Pac-Man could touch them and instead of the 200, 400, 800, 1600 etc bonuses popping up, it could be an increasing damage percent (20%, 40%, 80%). The ghost's eyes will float up into the sky and make the fighter reappear on those heli-pads. The fighter wont lose a life though, but will have a damage percent.

Also, if anybody cares, Pac-Man World Rally got delayed again. :C

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
dotdotdot! said:
GRAAAAAHHH!!! WILLFULL IGNORANCE!!!

If you had just bothered to read that long post we're all flaming you fo, you wouldn't be so misinformed about Pac-Man and his abilities. Now you're just being a Nancy, a certified Negative Nancy.

Go here and see if it doesn't prove you wrong: Click here for a video of Pac-Man doing stuff other than eating and moving

People make me so angry sometimes!
Saw that video, and got convinced. Pac-man can be TOTALLY in Brawl. I would love to see him shooting bolts from his hands :laugh: .

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Heh, I'm glad that I was able to convert SOMEONE with that movie in my post on the second page.

That bolt shooting move came from a power up called a "Shock Pellet". It could be cool to see that used as a B move, but he'll probably get his slingshot back from Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures instead.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Pacman's all washed up the third party slots should go to Geno and Sonic
lol

Sonic has a lower chance of getting in than Pac-Man does, on account of Nintendo and Sega never did a collaboration game like Namco did with Nintendo.

And Geno hasn't been seen in about a decade, except for that one cameo in Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga. And you say Pac-Man's washed up?

Please people, this is a SUPPORT thread. Don't post if you're going to nitpick and be negative about it.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Ms. Pac-Master said:
lol

Sonic has a lower chance of getting in than Pac-Man does, on account of Nintendo and Sega never did a collaboration game like Namco did with Nintendo.

And Geno hasn't been seen in about a decade, except for that one cameo in Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga. And you say Pac-Man's washed up?

Please people, this is a SUPPORT thread. Don't post if you're going to nitpick and be negative about it.
Sonic has a higher chance because everyone wants him in he was anticipated for melee and now expected for Brawl, Geno is very popular still, if he were owned by nintendo he would be used a lot more, Pacman however everyone forgot about, his 3d games suck and pale in comparason to his kick arse 2d ones, but still no one likes him any more

fluffy

Smash Champion
Ms. Pac-Master said:
lol

be reasonable.
u know that alot more ppl want sonic.
ppl dont oppose things for no reason.

pezaddict

Smash Lord
Pac-Man could be in smash, and he would be fun to play as, but I would want G&W over Pac-Man as a retro character.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Pacman however everyone forgot about, his 3d games suck and pale in comparason to his kick arse 2d ones, but still no one likes him any more
Spelling?

And as I said before, his 3-D games do not suck. Have you even played them? Go search on an array of gaming sites for "Pac-Man World", "Pac-Man World 2", "Pac-Man World 3". They have gotten scores ranging from 6.0 to 8.0 on most top gaming sites. The only real downside to the game was that the camera was a little messed up, Super Mario Sunshine also had the same problem.

Pfft, once again, have you played them at all? It's hard for other people to take you seriously unless you've actually experienced the game and had some points to back it up WHY it sucks.

Sonic has a higher chance because everyone wants him in he was anticipated for melee and now expected for Brawl,
Gahahah, if your logic were true, Master Chief would also be in SSBB. Just because people want someone in the game, doesn't mean that HAL Labs would actually be considering it. Pac-Man is more accessable for the people at Nintendo because they have already done a collaboration numerous times and both companies are fine with the crossover.

Geno is very popular still, if he were owned by nintendo he would be used a lot more,
Not like I could read that sentence... IIRC, Geno is owned by Square. Square made the SMRPG game and included Geno as one of the characters. Nintendo and Square are not really very friendly with eachother any more, so Geno will have a more difficult time getting in on SSBB. And he's still very popular? I know that SMRPG was an excellent game, but if you were to put Geno next to Pac-Man, you can bet more people will recognize Pac-Man before they recognize Geno.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Ms. Pac-Master said:
Spelling?
Yes I did have correct spelling

And as I said before, his 3-D games do not suck. Have you even played them? Go search on an array of gaming sites for "Pac-Man World", "Pac-Man World 2", "Pac-Man World 3". They have gotten scores ranging from 6.0 to 8.0 on most top gaming sites. The only real downside to the game was that the camera was a little messed up, Super Mario Sunshine also had the same problem.
I played Pac-Man World it was boring and just desperatly trying to relive the glory days of pacman that have long since gone

Gahahah, if your logic were true, Master Chief would also be in SSBB. Just because people want someone in the game, doesn't mean that HAL Labs would actually be considering it. Pac-Man is more accessable for the people at Nintendo because they have already done a collaboration numerous times and both companies are fine with the crossover.
no because lots and lots and lots and lots of people want Sonic in SSBB, he is easy to get because sega wants him in a game with mario and nintendo does too I think so this is a win win situation

Not like I could read that sentence... IIRC, Geno is owned by Square. Square made the SMRPG game and included Geno as one of the characters. Nintendo and Square are not really very friendly with eachother any more, so Geno will have a more difficult time getting in on SSBB. And he's still very popular? I know that SMRPG was an excellent game, but if you were to put Geno next to Pac-Man, you can bet more people will recognize Pac-Man before they recognize Geno.
I know that Geno is owned by Square and thats why I said if he was owned by nintendo, people won't recognize the 3d pacman that's for sure if you show them 2d pacman they would say that's pacman, if you show them the 3d pacman they would say I don't know. Nintendo and Square are on some what friendly terms at the moment having Geno in M&LSS proved that so Geno would also be easy to get for SSBB

Pacman would be easy to get but they wouldn't because he's not as wanted as Sonic, Geno, Megaman, Leon S Kennedy and others

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
You guys are under the impression that I don't want Sonic or Geno to be in or something. Well, I'm not too happy about Geno, but Sonic would make a good addition. It's just Nintendo and Namco have had partnerships with Soul Calibur 2, Pac-Man Vs. and Mario Kart Arcade GP. Sega and Nintendo haven't done any collabs yet, the only thing that's close was a T-shirt showing Sonic wearing Mario's hat in celebration for Mario's 20th birthday.

Sonic isn't like Master Chief in the sense that he's argued against like MC, I just think there's a lot of people wanting Sonic and MC to be in. But wanting something =/= Hal Labs putting the character in the game. Which is probably the case for the chiefy.

Yes I did have correct spelling
"pale" was used in the wrong context, and "comparason" should be "comparison".

Nintendo and Square are on some what friendly terms at the moment having Geno in M&LSS proved that so Geno would also be easy to get for SSBB
One cameo does that much? Mario's voice was used in Pac-Man Vs, Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man and Blinky (the red ghost) were characters in the arcade incarnation of Mario Kart, and Link was a playable character in SC2 which was named by Namco. There's also other reasons in Hiemie's first post.

God ****, all this fuss over a yellow sphere... :dizzy:

kaid

Smash Master
MC has a few Halo fanboys who want him in, and is owned (1st party) by the competition. Sonic has anyone who wants a resolution to a 15 year old question, and is owned by people who have expressed interest in putting Sonic in a game with Mario.

Edit: For the record, the 5 people who argued FOR MasterChief, are:
UNKN{OWN}iXi
Marshingo
Super Smash Master
SuperFast
Spinjump

Grizz Lee

Smash Apprentice
Namco and Konami are good buddies with Nintendo now. Clues are DDR Mario Mix, and including Pacman and ghosts in arcade version of Mario Kart? Its almost a done deal Pac-Man is in.

kaid

Smash Master
It's not the companie's relations that matter, it's the creators.

Kojima (sp?) is a close personal friend of Sakura, and Yuji Naka has wanted Sonic vs Mario for years.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Ms. Pac-Master said:
Ever heard of F-Zero GX, Nintendo and Sega collaboration? Ever heard of the Triforce, the alliance between Nintendo, Sega and Namco? Or the rumour of Sonic & Tails being in Melee? I think Sonic has the best chances of appearing in Brawl, even more than Snake (and he is arleady in). So my 3rd party choices are Sonic and Pacman. So we can reunite the Triforce again.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Tomasiarity said:
Ever heard of F-Zero GX, Nintendo and Sega collaboration? Ever heard of the Triforce, the alliance between Nintendo, Sega and Namco? Or the rumour of Sonic & Tails being in Melee? I think Sonic has the best chances of appearing in Brawl, even more than Snake (and he is arleady in). So my 3rd party choices are Sonic and Pacman. So we can reunite the Triforce again.
no ones heard of the Triforce outside the zelda series, Pacman is my by backup 3rd party character at least one of them I have a list,
1. Geno
2. Sonic
-----------
3. Megaman
4. Leon S Kennedy
---------------
5. Pacman
6. Mallow
--------------
7. some FF guy (I don't play FF so I don't know their names)
8. other

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
xianfeng said:
no ones heard of the Triforce outside the zelda series
Actually, the "Triforce" is the arcade system created by the alliance of Nintendo/Sega/Namco where you can play F-Zero AX, Mario Kart GP and others.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
1. Sega made FZGX? Wow, I learned something new today. :o
2. I don't think that has anything to do with possible foreshadowing of Sonic in SSBB. That was a rumour started up by "Electronic Gaming Monthly" magazine on April Fools. I'm betting the guys who work there are also waiting for the amazing Sonic Vs. Mario bout in SSBB. :p
3. Heh, those are also my choices! :chuckle: The name "Triforce" for the Mario/Sonic/Pac-Man partnership sounds awesome. You could revolve a whole SSBB fanfiction plot around those 3 because they are the "chosen ones" or whatever. :psycho:

Alright, I take back what I said earlier about Sonic not having much of a chance. I apologize :urg:, both of them look equally able to be SSBB fighters. If there will be only 2 other third party characters getting into SSBB, and the next one revealed isn't Sonic, I bet Sonic will be the last one revealed (saving best for last I guess) and Pac-Man will be left out and will hopefully be considered again in another 5 years when the fourth SSB game is being developed.

fluffy

Smash Champion
hmm lemme imagine this...

NEW-COMER: PAC-MAN

and u see a 2d oldschool version of him moving around eating ghosts...

jk. the 3d thing makes him a bit more likely to be added...

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
Ms. Pac-Master said:
Alright, I take back what I said earlier about Sonic not having much of a chance. I apologize :urg:, both of them look equally able to be SSBB fighters. If there will be only 2 other third party characters getting into SSBB, and the next one revealed isn't Sonic, I bet Sonic will be the last one revealed (saving best for last I guess) and Pac-Man will be left out and will hopefully be considered again in another 5 years when the fourth SSB game is being developed.
Apology accepted :laugh: . But I don't think Pacman has far chances to be in SSBB. Because after all the games Nintendo and Namco worked in the past (Soul Calibur 2, Mario Superstar Baseball, Mario Kart GP and those are all I can remember now). So when Sakurai arrives to Namco saying "Ok, we would really want to have one of your characters in Brawl. Do you have someone in mind?", they will say:
1. Pacman
2. Klonoa

And maybe he is also going to go to Squaresoft and say "Well, we would have never thought of this. But a lot of people are whining over there that they want Geno in Brawl" :chuckle: just kidding.

kaid

Smash Master
Sakura said that there will only be "1-2 more" 3rd party characters. The poll, however, lacks either Sonic or Pacman.
We can assume that means he's already decided wether or not to let them in or not (or simply that he couldn't get the rights) but given the 1-2 limit, they can't BOTH be in, because there were OTHER 3rd party characters on the poll.

If it was a choice between Pac Man and Sonic, who would you vote for.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
kaid said:
Sakura said that there will only be "1-2 more" 3rd party characters. The poll, however, lacks either Sonic or Pacman.
We can assume that means he's already decided wether or not to let them in or not (or simply that he couldn't get the rights) but given the 1-2 limit, they can't BOTH be in, because there were OTHER 3rd party characters on the poll.

i agree with zodiac Sonic>Pac-man

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
kaid said:

The fact that there are other 3rd party characters un the poll, doesn't really mean they are already in. Maybe no one did a worth-posting letter of why Sonic or Pacman should be in the game. Perhaps both of them are already in the game.
But If you make me choose. Then sorry Pacman, watch my avatar.

kaid

Smash Master
If both of them are in, then the 1-2 is already filled with Sonic and Pacman, so there's no point in puting Megaman and the like on the poll.

Top Bottom