• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pac-Man Support Thread (Wakka wakka wakka)

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Pac-Man wins over Sonic for me. Just because I'm a total Pac-Maniac and I find his yellow smiling rotundness very adorable. :love:

But seriously, a lot of people will pick Sonic over Pac-Man, Sonic is just a lot more popular, and everyone wants to know which gaming icon would win between him and Mario. Although Pac-Man has been around longer (he's been called "Super" before Mario , and granted with the ability to fly with a cape) and has 10 years more history then Sonic, really, nobody cares about Pac-Man anymore. I find that sad, but I can't change people's opinions.

You'll have an easier time finding banned cartoons from the 30's then finding some 1982 Pac-Man cartoon epsodes. :(

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Ms. Pac-master is right. Sonic is too popular. I know I played through the original Sonic games all the way through Sonic and Knuckles. It was always a battle between Mario and Sonic in those days and frankly, I think Smash Bros. will do even better if it features Sonic because there is a hell of a lot of nolstalgia behind him and Mario and everyone wants to see them finally go at it. Oh, and super was given to a lot of people before Pac Man, too (Superman?). If I had a choice I'd choose Sonic, but Pac Man is also a very good character for the game as well, he's not just a part of Nintendo history, he's a part of video game history in general.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
So, I'm not completely supportive of Pac-Man in Brawl, but I have more evidance that he might be in it. I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but a few days ago, I went to an arade with Mario Kart in it. Three of the characters were Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, and Blinky. Soooo..yeah.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Water-Master said:
How could pac-man even attack? or jump for that matter!?

Notice the arms and legs. Yes, he also had arms and legs on the official arcade machines artwork.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for missing a good portion of the topic, Water Master. :)

Reposted for ignorance. Click this, and you'll see why Pac-Man will fit into Brawl.

I was thinking... what could Pac-Man's alternative costumes be? I was thinking he should get the same colours as his ghostly adversaries. For example:

1. Red with orange gloves/boots, wearing goggles. (Blinky's colour, he wears goggles in Pac-Man World Rally while on his rocket racer)

2. Pink with purple gloves/boots, no other features. (Pinky, obviously)

3. Light Blue with green gloves/boots, possibly wearing sunshades or glasses. (Inky, he wore sunglasses in Pac-Man Arrangment)

4. Orange with red gloves/boots, wearing a small black rounded hat. (Clyde, sports a hat in the Pac-Man cartoon and Pac-Man World Rally)

5. Green colour (Like Funky, in Pac-Mania. I'm unsure about his gloves or other features, because Funky only appeared in one game as the "Jumping Monster".)

6. Grey with navy blue gloves/boots, no other features. (Orson, from Pac-Man World 1.)

.... I think I'm obbsessed. :D

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Or how about Hats? Like the Feathered hat in that one Arcade game, or the "Super" cape in Pac-Man: The New Adventures.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the "Feather Hat". Yeah, it could work, Pac-Man looked kind of funny wearing it though, and a lot of people will go "OMFG PAC-MAN RIPPED OFF OF MARIO'S WING CAP" when the Feather Hat was in Pac-Land back in 1984, 12 years before Super Mario 64 debuted. The Feather Hat made a return in Pac N' Roll (Awesome game, BTW. I'm trying to get 100% on my cartridge). Although, I don't know much about the Super Cape thing, I've never played Pac-Man 2 before. Could you explain it, please?

Personally, I'd like to see Pac-Man wear his Knight costume in Pac N' Roll. That thing was so awesome, but it'll never happen, sadly. :(

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Bow on his head and lipgloss (Ms. Pac-Man).

Why not? It's not like he says anything other than wakka?

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Pac-Man talks in Pac-Man World 3. Like, actual full sentences and witty lines. More then a certain red plumber can do. <_<; His voice actor also worked on Prince of Persia, IIRC.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Eugh, last thing I need would be for people to hassle me going. "hay thar femail d00d y du u lyk packman sooo much hes a ****** lololol".

Or maybe you just want to re-live that one VGCats comic? ;)

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Well, if Pac-Man would only say wakka wakka wakka, it wouldn't be too much of a problem to have an alternate costume with Ms. Pac-Man as theme, seeing as Ms. Pac-Man herself also does wakka wakka wakka, but now it is awkward, with the voice and all.

And no, VG Cats didn't make me post that reply, although that particular episode was decently funny.

Grizz Lee

Smash Apprentice
Pac Man is in, sure thing. He and his ghosts co starred in the Arcade version of Mario Kart recently. He is in without a doubt. Now we have to deal with all those annoying "whakka whakka whakka" sounds though. Ehf that.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ms. Pac-Master said:
Yeah, the "Feather Hat". Yeah, it could work, Pac-Man looked kind of funny wearing it though, and a lot of people will go "OMFG PAC-MAN RIPPED OFF OF MARIO'S WING CAP" when the Feather Hat was in Pac-Land back in 1984, 12 years before Super Mario 64 debuted. The Feather Hat made a return in Pac N' Roll (Awesome game, BTW. I'm trying to get 100% on my cartridge). Although, I don't know much about the Super Cape thing, I've never played Pac-Man 2 before. Could you explain it, please?

Personally, I'd like to see Pac-Man wear his Knight costume in Pac N' Roll. That thing was so awesome, but it'll never happen, sadly. :(
When Pac-man ate a super dot in PM2, he would don a cape and fly around the screen, eating Ghosts. He was "Super Pacman" and it was also the only way he could kill the final boss.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it would be cool if his alternate costumes were the ghosts so that more characters could be represented in the game. Or at least one alternate be Ms. Pacman.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Wave Bird said:
I think Pac-Man would be a fun Character if the put him 2-D.

His lack of moves might get in the way though.
Go back and actually read this thread, it's been shown many time that Pacman can have a moveset as long as they use the 3D version.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Pacman is the worst character idea ever. Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if he was included. If they are gonna take a Namco character, take Klonoa! He is such a cool looking mascotish character.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Super Smash Master said:
Pacman is the worst character idea ever. Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if he was included. If they are gonna take a Namco character, take Klonoa! He is such a cool looking mascotish character.
the Namco mascot is pacman, it's undeniable, they have no other characters that casual or non gamers know, I have only ever played 1 namco game and that is my mistress Pacman (my first love being tetris)

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
I've heard of Klonoa, but I have no image as far as who or what he/she is. But pretty much everybody knows who pacman is. I think he'd be a good addition in Brawl that would bring some more players. Maybe that guy who has the world record in Pacman will start playing Brawl and start owning all the current Melee players (with Pacman, of course) cuz he's crazy with OCD for pacman games.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Billy Mitchell? Rofl. I've seen him on TV before, he comes across as very egotistical and always brags about how perfect his score is. I'd love to take him down a peg. There were originally 4 people who were trying to be the first one to get the perfect Pac-Man game. 2 were from Canada, 2 were from Florida. One of the Floridians was Billy. He got the score on July 4th, while wearing an American flag tie, not only becoming the first perfect Pac-Man player, but he spited the Canadian players as well. Basically, I get this whole "lol, Canadians suk at Packmenz i am teh prefect billy mitchull jejejejej" vibe from him. :mad:

Also, Namco will most likely pick Pac-Man over Klonoa. Even Klonoa plays second banana to Pac-Man, she/he has a Pac-Man eating a dot on the side of her/his hat. :p

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Ya, that guy, that's him. Maybe his love for Pacman will be restrung and he'll try to desparately rule Brawl with Pacman, only to find out that he's just not good at anything other than the original Pacman and get his *** kicked over and over. But hey, Nintendo would sell another copy, so they'd be happy.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
^ :laugh: Thanks buddy.

Oh, and I have a great idea for Pac-Man's third jump!

Up-B: B-Doing. A blue, round, target shaped platform appears below Pac-Man. Pac-Man dives into it, and bounces upwards. Works the same way as G&W's Fire move, only with a little more start up lag as Pac-Man dives into the B-Doing.

Whaddya think? The B-Doing was a target-like spring platform introduced in Pac-Man World 1, and stayed in World 2 and 3.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
DokturSea said:
So, I'm not completely supportive of Pac-Man in Brawl, but I have more evidance that he might be in it. I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but a few days ago, I went to an arade with Mario Kart in it. Three of the characters were Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, and Blinky. Soooo..yeah.
YOU LUCKY DOKTUR! :cry:

There was a large arcade at a mall around here, but it was shut down 2 years ago. :urg:

But anyway, can you tell me what Pac-Man/Ms. Pac-Man/Blinky's voices sound like? I saw some videos of MKAGP, Ms. Pac-Man sounds kind of like Peach, and Blinky has a GOD AWFUL high pitched voice compaired to the one he got in Pac-Man World 3 (although, he was called "Clyde" in that game due to a mistranslation...). And I can't hear Pac-Man's voice at all. The videos were bad quality, so I could be wrong.

But yeah, I need to know what Pac-Man's voice sounds like. They may use the voice he got in Mario Kart Arcade GP instead of the awesome friendly voice he got in Pac-Man World 3. If he was in Brawl, I *REALLY* hope they re-hire his voice actor from Pac-Man World 3. :(

Top Bottom