• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pac-Man Support Thread (Wakka wakka wakka)

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
I feel that it's my job to post the following link on every page. The same arguement always seems to turn up.

Pac-Man World 3 Trailer

To people that read all the pages, please don't tell me that you read the topic and "didn't see it". Boo-hoo. I'm blind in my right eye and I managed to post this about 4 or 5 times in this thread.

And hello Pac-Maniacs! How ya doing? I gotta say, "Pac-Man World Rally" is awesome (better than MK:DD IMO) and I'm waiting for "Pac-Man Fever" in the mail from eBay. :D

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I feel that it's my job to post the following link on every page. The same arguement always seems to turn up.

Pac-Man World 3 Trailer

To people that read all the pages, please don't tell me that you read the topic and "didn't see it". Boo-hoo. I'm blind in my right eye and I managed to post this about 4 or 5 times in this thread.

And hello Pac-Maniacs! How ya doing? I gotta say, "Pac-Man World Rally" is awesome (better than MK:DD IMO) and I'm waiting for "Pac-Man Fever" in the mail from eBay. :D
I don't know, I like Pac-Man World Rally, but I think MK:DD is better. Pac-Man Fever is pretty fun (more fun than most Mario Party games). I like being Astaroth and of course, Pac-Man.

I will be suprised if Pac-Man ISN'T in Brawl.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
^ No kidding. "Pac-Land", a 2-D sidescroller game launched at the end of the Pac-Man cartoon's run, came out a full year before Super Mario Brothers. This makes Pac-Land the very first platformer adventure game and not SMB.

I was thinking about "Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures" again... what if at a certain damage percent, he could get mad like he does in the game and his attacks would change depending on his mood? Maybe when he is angered, attacks would do more damage, but they would happen faster and have way less range...

Maybe his Up-B should be that he inflates like a balloon and floats up a little bit, then decends, much like Peach's parasol move. That lady who turns Pac-Man into a balloon in PM2:TNA that you use to get on the rooftops reminded me of this.

On a slighly unrelated note, I put up pictures of my Pac-Man collection yesterday:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/46064313/

I'm very proud of it. :3

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
they should have Pac-Man in it. he could throw little homing blinkeys and barf up dots at people(jk). He would be cool to see in brawl but nintendo would have to come up with a creative moveset for both him and bomberman(if he is in it)

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I'd like to say that it's impossible, but I can't. While I personally don't enjoy the thought of Pac-Man in Smash (I don't hate the idea, just not over other characers), I can't deny the fact that his appearance is a very real possibility.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
No way. He wouldn't have any moves. >_>

Maybe he could be an item you throw at people, and eats them up and runs off the stage with them! Muwahaha!

Iggy K

Smash Ace
No way. He wouldn't have any moves. >_>

Maybe he could be an item you throw at people, and eats them up and runs off the stage with them! Muwahaha!
You could at least look at the link which was posted in big, capital letters.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
they should have Pac-Man in it. he could throw little homing blinkeys and barf up dots at people(jk). He would be cool to see in brawl but nintendo would have to come up with a creative moveset for both him and bomberman(if he is in it)
Bomberman actually has better source material then Pacman did though, I can easily come up with multiple movesets for Bomberman, Pacman has me kinda stumped though, Pacmans definitly my least wanted 3rd party addition though.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Power pellets, Super power pellets, & the help of his arch-nemesis's "the Ghouls." Is anybody else coming up with a different moveset?

Tera253

Smash Ace
are you saying that using one or two items as a complete moveset is bad? if you are, take a look at the character in you avatar and tell me how many items ALL his (and Marth's) moves center around. not to bash on them, just using them as an example to back up the Pacster.

PAC-MAN For the win!

(better than Tingle)
~Tera253~

EDIT: saw that movie, and some of the moves he did rang the Smash Bros Bell. hey! heven Metal Pac-Man!

Sinvoid

Smash Apprentice
Even though I think these character support topics are kind of silly, and the time to speculate on who and what is in the game is a bit early, I decided to get into the feeling and make support for a character who I think has a good chance of being in.

Good ol' Pac Man.

My Reasoning: Namco and Nintendo are like this *crosses fingers*. Not only has Namco been allowed to use Link for SC2 and Mario's Voice in Pac Man vs. (The Game bundled with some Pac-Man Platformer) Namco also had a big hand in the development of the Triforce Arcade system along with Nintendo and Sega. Namco was a big factor for the Mario Kart game for the Arcades, and Pac Man and Blinky were IN the game as selectable racers.

Mind you this is very recent. With the Japanese name of the game and it's meaning pointing towards crossovers with more than Nintendo Mascots, I'm assuming it's a good chance Nintendo is crossing over with more than just Konami, namely Sega, Namco and MAYBE Capcom (Because of Capcom making all the Zelda games on the Game Boy since Oracle of Season, but this is irrellivant.) And don't give me the "Snake was in because they begged" thing because that's just one factor. Perhaps Snake's inclusion is what brought about the crossover idea in the first place.

Thus if Namco is to choose a character, I'm sure they'd go with their Flagship character Pac Man, who has been starring in Classics Collections and Platformers as of late.

Frankly, I think he has a very good chance of being in. They'll probably use his platformer incarnation, not the Arcade looking one.

I'm sure most of the points I've made have been said already, but I noticed no such topic adressing this matter, and a few people speaking of it in the "Character you'd Like to see" topic.

So.... who's up for Pac Man?
Eh i can see pacman doing some odd attacks lol but hey its worth a shot man.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Ughth pac-man. i liked his first game and from there learned to hate the big yellow dot. The sad thing about the whole thing though, he actually does have a shot. Namco is close to Nintendo.

But thinking about him, I wonder if theirs anyway he could've been cool.

Sinvoid

Smash Apprentice
Wait! i know why pacman cant be in smash. We already got a round character who eats everything, Kirby! you can't make a duplicate of Kirby that'd make me cry.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
Pac man needs to be in brawl,Sakurai said atleast 3 third parties,it shall be Sonic,Bomber man and Pac man

Hejiru

Smash Ace
I can picture Pac-Man in Brawl. He is one of the most recognizable video game characters. However he is a third-party character, and they are only adding 2 or 3. (Snake, Sonic, and Pacman?)

What would he really do, though? All he does is eat dots.

Anchan

Smash Rookie
I can't really imagine what Pac-Man's moveset would be either, but his music would be pretty awesome...his victory theme could be the opening tune to Pac-Man Lv. 1 orchestrated! Or perhaps the intermission music? So bluesy. @o@
And even if he wasn't a character...maybe Pac-Man would make a neat assist trophy!

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
That's like having Lakitu as a character. What would he do, fly around and throw different kinds of spinys on you? All Pac Man would do is go "Wakka wakka wakka wakka", opening and closing his mouth even when walking and eat people. That's all he'd be able to do.

^ Agreed.
Don't get me wrong though i love the original pac man and his first platform game (never played the other two) but i seriously don't see pac man fighting in anyway except how Yuna stated. (though my one friend would love it if pac man was in the game and thats all he did)

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
They can take his moves from his (meh) platforming games, as they did appear on Nintendo consoles.

His Final Smash could be to go to 2D while everyone turns to ghosts and eat them up.

errtu

Smash Apprentice
pac man= boring character man. hope they never put him in any future smash games. of course neither this one

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Except Spongebob isn't an extremely popular video game character who has already crossed pathes with Mario three times, plus Namco and Nintendo have worked on many projects together, and like the topic creator said, the two companies are like *crosses fingers*

And how is Spongebob similar to Pac Man?

Here's a moveset I made, but people might've made some better ones in this thread:

B: Rev Roll- Hold Side B to charge up, and by letting go, he'll run quickly to the side, running through the opponents. If charged in the air, anyone directly below him will be damaged, and it'll basically be like Yoshi's Flutter Kick.

Smash B: Chomp- Pac Man turns to 2D and quickly goes to the side while opening and closing his mouth, biting anyone in his path.

Up B: pellet Trail- In the Pac Man World games, there are sometimes lines of pellets, and if you eat a red one, who fly slowly through the air eating the pellets in line. You can do this here, but it is quicker, and Pac-Man will bite anyone in the air.

Down B: Butt Bounce- Pac-Man jumps up and does a bounce move like Bowser's, but it is quicker, there is no lag, and you can do it multiple times and bounce around the stage as much as you want.

Final Smash: Classic Pac-Man- Pac Man turns into 2D, while his opponents turn into purple ghosts. You can move up and down, and try to eat the ghosts. Eating them will cause a lot of damage to them and they will disappear until the move is over. If Pac-Man is in the air when the attack ends, his jumps are cancelled.

Yes, I know, I know... it's not a great moveset... I'm not very good at these. :/

Frica

Smash Cadet
I see Pac-Man as the most likely 3rd party character to be included. Namco and Nintendo are BFFs and Pac-Man is a gaming LEGEND.

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
It might be good if Pacman gets in, but if someone from Namco gets in, I hope it is Sophitia.

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
Pacman= Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom