• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pac-Man Support Thread (Wakka wakka wakka)

And? They were developed in junction with Nintendo. Namco has developed two Mario games of Nintendo's and included Pac-Man, and Nintendo's developed one Pac-Man game and featured Mario. Being canon is literally 100% unimportant to their potential and their connection to Nintendo.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
And? They were developed in junction with Nintendo. Namco has developed two Mario games of Nintendo's and included Pac-Man, and Nintendo's developed one Pac-Man game and featured Mario. Being canon is literally 100% unimportant to their potential and their connection to Nintendo.
Then shouldn't Dasiy, Waluigi, Goombas, Boo, and others be in Brawl then?

Uh. No?

Yeah, Nintendo putting Nintendo characters in Nintendo games is so similar to Namco making a Nintendo game and including their characters too.

Non-bad argument, please?

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
If they're going by who would be easier to get, than Namco would kick Capcom's butt with those odds. And Pac-Man would be the MOST likely character for Namco to give, but that is if Pac-Man is the character of Sakurai's choice from Namco. Pac-Man's movset would consist of his World games, and maybe a few moves original to Brawl. But if Nintendo and Sakurai are going off of popularity, and I hate to have to say this, Megaman would be first, but then Pac-Man would be next. But fans got one most wanted character, Sonic. They have one character who is less significant to Nintendo's history, Snake. Now it's time to have a character not only significant to Nintendo's history, but video gaming history, Pac-Man. Besides, Sakurai likes retro characters, and I bet you Miyamoto recommended Pac-Man to him as well. Of course, if there is one more third party character I'm worried it will be Megaman, when Pac-Man has earned himself that spot. Just say it: Snake, Sonic, and Pac-Man in Brawl. It rolls off the tongue. Just because you dislike Pac-Man you have to admit he would be a pretty neat character and DOES deserve a spot more than Bomberman and Megaman, you Megaman/Bomberman fanboys. Don't flame my opinion or the truth. Just buck up and admit it. Pac-Man really should have that spot, if there is one more. Of course I think all 3 of those 3rd party characters should get in, but not before Pac-Man.

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to see all of those characters such as Bomberman and Megamen, but if they make it, it can't be before Pac-Man. You can't say he has low shots. You know he has a good chance no matter how much you or other people think he sucks.

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
I do, I think he looks pretty cool. Plus he's had legs ever since the 80's, so you can't say that it's all that out-of-character since it was the creator's design. It was only on game's box-art though.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
Easier to secure Pac-Man than Megaman? What do you base that off of? Every business deal is different and Namco could be ***** just like Capcom could be *****.
i base that off of the existence of two Pac-Man and Mario crossovers, and zero Capcom and Nintendo crossovers.

given the super friendly relationship between the two Ns i doubt they'd be ***** about it.

All I'm saying is, in Namco x Capcom, which was made by Monolith Soft which Namco owned at the time, Pac-Man was no where to be found. He was only a statue in front of a theater in an early level. I don't know why Namco wouldn't include their most popular character in their own cross-over game though.
you'd have to ask Namco why they left out Pac-Man. maybe they felt Pac-Man was too awesome for the game. maybe they felt he just didn't fit among that crowd. they certainly honored him, though.

Actually, since Nintendo owns Monolith now, does that give them free reign over all their games, or do the characters that are developed for other systems still remain the parent company's property?
ownership of the copyrights of the characters would have been outlined in the deal, much in the same way that Geno is owned by Squenix. you'd have to check the deal.

Cless

Smash Champion
Every business contract is different. If either Namco or Nintendo don't like the agreement, then guess what? No Pac-Man or any other Namco characters.

Pac-Man not fit among that crowd? You mean the crowd of old Namco arcade games? I mean, maybe a statue of Pac-Man is cool for you, but I was miffed that he wasn't in the game. Namco is huge on Namco crossovers and in references. Capcom got better representation than that (though the RE representation was weak).

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
of course every contract is different. the point is, since the two companies are amicable and have done this kind of thing before, they can easily work out something they both like.

i mean Pac-Man next to Ryu, Ken and KOS-MOS. at least Klonoa and Felicia could hang out.

in any case, i didn't play NxC. i only care about Pac-Man for Brawl. ;)

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, famous last words.

It's not like I'm gonna cry if Pac-Man is in Brawl, I'd just rather have another Namco character like from the Tales series for example. That's one of Namco's flagship series. Pac-Man's creator just had his last hurrah with C.E. (how is that doing anyway). Promote something new, and have old school Pac-Man as an AT. He could eat people.

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, famous last words.

It's not like I'm gonna cry if Pac-Man is in Brawl, I'd just rather have another Namco character like from the Tales series for example. That's one of Namco's flagship series. Pac-Man's creator just had his last hurrah with C.E. (how is that doing anyway). Promote something new, and have old school Pac-Man as an AT. He could eat people.
Well guess what? This isn't a Namco character thread, it's a Pac-Man thread. Not a Namco character you'd rather see than Pac-Man because he's too good for Brawl thread. This is to the people who hate him: if you don't like Pac-Man, don't ***** about it here! This is a support thread!

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
You may not like Pac-Man, but even you must admit, that statement is bull.
I actually like him a lot. I even have the original Pac Man and Ms Pac Man on my 360. He's cool in my book, but he has no chance for Brawl. My post about Goombas and Waluigi was in response to the logic of a previous post.

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
How do you know he has no chance for Brawl? Did you ask Sakurai that one? ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN! Snake got in, and how many people thought he actually had any chances except for the fact that Snake's creator asked. Before Pac-Man's creator retired, he could have asked, but since the new Pac-Man isn't as popular as Sonic or Snake, they are holding his confirmation off until release or a couple weeks near release. I'm not saying this is true, but honestly, Pac-Man has a huge chanc of making it in no matter what people think? What if Megaman, Bomberman, AND Pac-Man make it in? Will people still complain and be jack***** because they got the characters they wanted but Pac-Man ruined it for them? No one has any respect or care for Pac-Man or his fans. But everyone supports Bomberman and Megaman. Sure, everyone treats Sora supporters the same, but Pac-Man is more likely than him. But what if someone went into the Megaman and Bomberman support threads and started saying how Pac-Man, Sora, or other 3rd party characters could make it in more than Bomberman/Megaman, or said that they suck. Also, Pac-Man has a new Wii-only game coming out soon, maybe because he made it into Brawl? So I will leave you with this, WHAT ABOUT PAC-MAN MAKING IT INTO BRAWL IS SO BAD?

Someone back me up already!

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
dreamfiend, you know i got your back. i've been in this thread from the beginning.

don't let these people get you down. some people just lack vision. ;) they'll always be around until Brawl comes out, and then people will still probably complain. ;)

Pac 4 life, yo. ;) we know where it's at. ;)

Cless

Smash Champion
Well guess what? This isn't a Namco character thread, it's a Pac-Man thread. Not a Namco character you'd rather see than Pac-Man because he's too good for Brawl thread. This is to the people who hate him: if you don't like Pac-Man, don't ***** about it here! This is a support thread!
Well, you know what, if all you want to sit here and just talk about how Pac-Man is going to be in Brawl, go ahead. I didn't come at anyone directly in this thread, so I don't see why you have to. I'm trying to have a discussion. Honestly, I wouldn't mind it if Pac-Man made it into Brawl. I'm extremely indifferent about it. I didn't come into this thread and post "lol, pacman sucks. he doesn't even have arms and legs lol. how can he fight?"

Also, could someone give me a link for this new Pac-Man game? I haven't heard anything about it.

i mean Pac-Man next to Ryu, Ken and KOS-MOS. at least Klonoa and Felicia could hang out.
Well, Pac-Man would of fit next to Dig Dug. He was in the game. Felicia hung out with King though, and KOS-MOS was monstrous in that game. She was an unstoppable force of death.

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I know. I'm expecting late next year if it's still gonna happen. If it's still being made then I expect an update at E3. Still not sure what it's about though.

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
So do I, because that's what I'm expecting. Maybe it has something to do with a mix of the original mazes and the World games with a carnival theme. Better than a party game at least. I hope that World 4 does come out though.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Well boys and girls. It looks Mega Man is out of the picture. I guess Pacman is now number 1 with third parties.

AustiniusRex

Smash Journeyman
Temporary. Soon to be replaced by a zombie-proof
Are you serious, the whole idea of a sphere with arms and legs as a character is just so silly. He'd be a jigglypuff clone with 1 or 2 different moves. He's a waste of an extra character in my opinion. If anyone wants to try to explain how he'd be a valuable member of the cast, please be my guest.

D00MofHyrule

Smash Cadet
Are you serious, the whole idea of a sphere with arms and legs as a character is just so silly. He'd be a jigglypuff clone with 1 or 2 different moves. He's a waste of an extra character in my opinion. If anyone wants to try to explain how he'd be a valuable member of the cast, please be my guest.
well he could throw pac pellets for a B move and it could be chargeable but short range unlike samus or mario. for starters...idk the developers r the geniuses not me

D00MofHyrule

Smash Cadet
yeah I considered the pellets thing I just feel thats kind of backwards since PacMan eats the pellets instead of shooting them (unless he's done that sort of thing in more recent games?)
if u collect em in pacman world on ps1 then u can throw or charge slam them

Top Bottom