• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pac-Man Support Thread (Wakka wakka wakka)

leefan

Smash Cadet
ZOMG!!! EXACTLY! imean, the most pacman will ever amount to is maybe a assist trophy, or maybe like, some psuedo pokeball pokemon... then they'll be like, throw pokeball and out comes.... pacman! WTF!!!!
if he was in the game, his moveset would prolly be like,
all a attacks: nothing, except a "beep" noise is produced
all b attacks = eat
no jumps
while moving he would go waggawaggawagga

Frica

Smash Cadet
I'm no game designer, but even I could come up with this -

Moveset

A: Punch

AA: Punch, punch

AAA: Punch, punch, uppercut

Dash A: Diving head butt

Tilt Forward A: Side kick

Tilt Up A: Big Uppercut

Tilt Down A: Low kick

Air Neutral A: Flying kick

Air Forward A: Flying head butt (meteor smash)

Air Back A: Back kick

Air Up A: Backflip kick

Air Down A: Double foot stomp

SMASH -

Forward: Chomp

Up: Big Head butt (like Mario’s)

Down: Handstand double-kick

GRABS -

A: Chomps (like Bowser)

Forward: Puts in mouth, then spits out

Back: Backwards toss

Up: Puts in mouth, spits upwards

Down: throws down, then does a butt-bounce

SPECIALS -

B: Pac N’ Roll (like Jigglypuff’s roll)

Tilt B: Pellet Machine Gun (Sends out five pellets rapidly, each causing minor damage. On random occasions, you will shoot out a power pellet instead, which causes much higher damage.)

Up B: Pac-Man Glider (hops into the air and then takes out a hang glider, floating to the ground slowly…..like Peach’s umbrella)

Down B: Ghost Attack (sends out ghost, which is randomly either Blinky, Pinky, Inky, or Clyde. If an opponent is near, the ghost will then pursue it for a few seconds, causing moderate damage if successful.)

TAUNT - Gives a thumbs up and winks.

FINAL SMASH - (obvious)

Eats a Power Pellet, causing him to glow and get enhanced speed, and all of the opponents turn blue. If Pac-Man comes into contact with an opponent, the opponent is immediately eaten and killed. When eaten, the body disappears leaving just the eyes, which then float down quickly to the respective damage meter. Of course during all of this, Pac will be making his famous “Waka Waka” noise.

xfootdoctor

Smash Cadet
dude imagine his super smash

he'd turn all crazy like in the 2-d game and be invinsible...sorta like...sonic? :D

leefan

Smash Cadet
WOW, pacman had feet?
my perspective of the world has changed
but i wonder what his double jump would look like, or even his sheild and airdodge

solrac_krad

Smash Apprentice
Id love to see him, I hope the 3rd party charachters include him
My hopes go for megaman and pacman a the lasttwo 3rd party charachters (that if they 3rd party charachters result in four charachters)

vesperview

Smash Hero
I think bothe megaman and pacman will get in because then there will be a third party rep for sega, namco, capcom and konami. All of which are on good terms with nintendo and this would strengthen all relationships AND it would sort of being like having one rep from each other world
Let's hope you're right, that combo is unbeatable.

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
If Pacman and Megaman get in, this will be the best game with the greatest characters in history all in one. It would be so sick.

Btw Frica, nice moveset, its very good but I think that his forward b and b move should be switched around just for better control, but doesnt matter.

Pacman for Brawl!

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
What about Yoshi and Kirby?

And another Namco-Nintendo colab set = Donkey Konga series
The eating should only be his FS. His Fs wiill be one of those large circles like in Pacman games. Only Pacman can get it and if he does all the other characters turn blue and you should know what happens next, but it'll take some figuring out to do.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
I would laugh forever if his Final Smash was to down a glowing pill, then the level turns all psychadelic while he tries to eat everyone with foam coming out of his mouth. Probably too severe for Namco but I would love Pac Man.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wasn't Pac Man invented in America though?

What importance does he have in the rest of the world?

...I dunno

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't Pac Man invented in America though?

What importance does he have in the rest of the world?

...I dunno
Pac-Man was created by Toru Iwatani (notice the Japanese name? ;))

On a related note, he retired from the videogame world in June 2007, so including Pac-Man in Brawl to salute him would be similar to Mr. Game & Watch's inclusion in Melee to salute Gunpei Yokoi. :)

Duality

Smash Journeyman
Hmm so if Namco and Nintendo are like this *crosses fingers* then would a Soul Caliber character be probable? If so, I'd rather give that spot to a SC character.

As for Pac-Man, he looks like he has potential.. but very little IMO. For me it'd kinda just drive away from the classics and make Pac-Man more of a fighter/adventure character.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
*drops in again*

Ms. Pac-Master, where have you been all my life? ;) way to defend the granddaddy of all VG mascots! :) i mean, everyone and their mom, and probably grandma, knows who Pac-Man is!

Pac-Man is *so* in this game. mark my words. right now i'm thinking of maining Pit, but after Pac-Man is confirmed, it's all about the Pac. ;)

Ms. Pac-Master, i love your Pac collection. :) have you played Pac-Pix for the DS? that's a fun one, too. and i hear Pac n' Roll is getting some kind of remix for the upcoming Namco Museum for Wii.

as for costumes, if Pac doesn't talk in this game, then i'm all for a Ms. Pac, Pac Jr. (with a beanie cap) and Super Pac alternate costumes (like pika's hats.)

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Ms. Pac-Master, i love your Pac collection. have you played Pac-Pix for the DS? that's a fun one, too. and i hear Pac n' Roll is getting some kind of remix for the upcoming Namco Museum for Wii.
Hey, what kind of a fan would I be if I didn't own Pac-Pix? :grin: It would be in my collection pic, but I'm too lazy to take a picture of it atm.

The new Namco Museum sounds awesome, when does it come out again? Are there any reviews or trailers for it yet?

as for costumes, if Pac doesn't talk in this game, then i'm all for a Ms. Pac, Pac Jr. (with a beanie cap) and Super Pac alternate costumes (like pika's hats.)
I thought Super Pac was more Final Smash material... I don't know if that's going to happen since SP only appeared in two games. I'm all for a Pac-Man Juniour cap, but I'll have to pass on the Ms. Pac-Man bow... do you really want another incidence of that infamous VGcats Pac-Man comic? :lol:

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
Those are some pretty cool moves you showed us. :) I want that electric move! But yea, I want Pac-man in brawl, he is a very popular gaming icon, and seeing all these popular icons in one big brawl is pretty sick. Pacman for brawl!

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
The new Namco Museum sounds awesome, when does it come out again? Are there any reviews or trailers for it yet?
http://wii.ign.com/objects/897/897206.html

Oct. 23rd. =)

I thought Super Pac was more Final Smash material... I don't know if that's going to happen since SP only appeared in two games. I'm all for a Pac-Man Juniour cap, but I'll have to pass on the Ms. Pac-Man bow... do you really want another incidence of that infamous VGcats Pac-Man comic? :lol:
i guess i was leaning more toward the simple power pellet approach for the FS. i don't know this VGcats comic. can you show me? thanks! ^_^

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
^ Mkay. http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=136

A few pages back, I suggested colour schemes for Pac-Man to mimic the ghosts' skin and glove colours. I came up with this.

1. Red Pac-Man, orange gloves and boots (Blinky) [Possibly wearing Blinky's driving goggles from Pac-Man World Rally?]
2. Pink Pac-Man, purple gloves and boots (Pinky)
3. Light Blue Pac-Man, green gloves and boots (Inky) [Possibly wearing Inky's sunglasses from Pac-Man Arrangement?]
4. Orange Pac-Man, red gloves and boots (Clyde) [Possibly wearing Clyde's black bowler cap from Pac-Man World Rally?]

Maybe a fifth one could be a light green Pac-Man wearing the feather cap... And don't give me this bull**** about how the feather cap is a rip-off of Mario's Wing Cap, since the feather cap was created a full two decades before Mario 64...

omggggggggggggg, I must get a Wii and this game. This has to be the very first port of Super Pac-Man and the rare Pac N' Pal, which is AWESOME.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Yeah I'd definatly like to see Pac-Man in Brawl. After seeing him in Mario Kart GP, his chances got a lot better. He's 1 of my top 5 requests besides Geno, K. Rool, Cpt. Olimar, and Ridley.
But anyway we need another retro type of charcter. Him n Balloon Fighter would make a good add on to the retro roster.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Pac-Man is Made of pwn pac-man would be awesome him and Boberman on a team vs Sonic and Mario would Rock his final smash he becomes tog-man from his first adventure game for the playstation one and you are giga bowser esc!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm neither for or against Pac-Man in brawl. But I am surprised at the amount of people I've been seeing who are against him with a vengence. Seriously some of them, as soon as pac-man is mentioned go into a fit......:ohwell:

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
I really do think Pac-Man should be in Brawl. He could have a very neat and original moveset, his final smash he eats a Power Pellet and attacks everyone like how he attacks the ghosts. Honestly, what do you think his chances are of being in Brawl?

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
I really do think Pac-Man should be in Brawl. He could have a very neat and original moveset, his final smash he eats a Power Pellet and attacks everyone like how he attacks the ghosts. Honestly, what do you think his chances are of being in Brawl?
quite good, actually. Pac-Man is the grandfather of video game mascots. he's a household name around the world. he has good moveset potential, and Namco and Nintendo have a good relationship.

his creator also recently retired, and this would be a great way to honor him and say goodbye.

Pac-Man is a big name. i think he's practically guaranteed.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Pac Man is a must. Seeing him in Brawl alongside Sonic, Simon Belmont and Mega Man would be just like if game's (and Nintendo) history collide.

Sorry, but i really really really do not support pac man. I mean come on, pac man?
Yeah...
*goes to Smash Bros 64 before it was released* C'mon Jyglipuff?
*goes to Brawl before it was released* C'mon G&W, Pichu, Ice climbers? and who is Marth and Roy?

if he was in the game, his moveset would prolly be like,
all a attacks: nothing, except a "beep" noise is produced
all b attacks = eat
no jumps
while moving he would go waggawaggawagga
Maybe that's the reason why Nintendo couldn't come up with a moveset for Jigss... He only sings! :psycho:

What would he do? Eat you?
Yes! recently his bones were discovered, he ate 5 humans a day... *geez*

Top Bottom