• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OTHER ending that made me cry

_KuyaSombreo_

Smash Ace

Spife

Smash Master
to much to critique tonight
I'll give a full(ish) critique tomorrow when I have 20-30 minutes

but
0:35 - why even run away to scraw hog? pull a projectile with that much space (specially vs marth)
0:38 - I asssume down throw, but if that back throw was intentional, dthrow could have led to death. I haven't played link vs marth in a while though, but judging how that bthrow worked out, doesn't seem like it was choice. better then f/uthrow though lul

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
A nice fast pace link. Good job stifling all his aerial approaches with your nair and dash attack. although I would prescribe a little more boomerang for that job.(that marth was eating your nairs and dash attacks, I'm just giving future reference, for most people i think would change there spacing after a while.) That unnessacary grapple at the end F****D you. up-B and you might have won right there. I'm sure you all ready realized that though. Umm don't get Ken comboed.

Their should be a Link play style spectrum.

You
<--------------------^----------------l------------------------------------->
Germ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Skler . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Aniki

(This scale does not show skill just play style, you should be able to figure it out.)
You should be right above the arrow but it wont let me lol

_KuyaSombreo_

Smash Ace
oh that thing at O:35 was just me trying to be flashy and do that up-B edge cancel thing,
i regret doing it though

i wanted to see how good my link still was after a couple of months of not playing as him

Spife

Smash Master
oh that thing at O:35 was just me trying to be flashy and do that up-B edge cancel thing,
i regret doing it though

i wanted to see how good my link still was after a couple of months of not playing as him
Oh well in that case see if you can shake the rust off and then get tournament matches recorded. Best for critiquing.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I can go more in depth later, but here's what I see.

First of all, for God's sake, DI away from the fair. He's not using the reverse Dolphin Slash as a finisher, and Link's recovery is fairly decent, so you don't need to worry about dying from just a fair. The Ken combos are making me cry over here.

Secondly, you're not Sheik. You can't go in and brawl it out with Marth. That's why you're spotdodging so much and shielding and rolling. If you're going to go in, go in prepared. That means bombs. The moonwalks to whatevers and bomb catches and whatever else look cool, but they're not going to win matches for you. You really need the speed and priority of bombs to bring things into your favor.

Slow things down, really. Use projectiles to control the pace and spacing of the match. Once you get control, things'll be a lot easier for you, less hectic, and you'll be able to tap more into the potential of your character.

That's about it for now, I can go more in-depth if you'd like.

zBOREDOMKINGz

Smash Apprentice
Looking at the footage It's hard for me to believe that you were THAT rusty.
But in that case how long did you main/play him?
And I was cheering for you the whole time.
You got me mad cuz like the post above, you could've won with a Dair right in Marf's face

_KuyaSombreo_

Smash Ace
well i guess i still knew how to play link, i was just being pretty stupid this match

but it was so long since i played him, i just forgot some of the matchups and timings for L cancel and stuff :p

sadly though, i gave up link to pursue other low tiers, however he will have that place in my heart as my first main

Top Bottom