• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Midna for Brawl thread. (Debate the Wolf here!)

Midna In Brawl?

• Only Midna in Brawl!

Votes: 277 30.8%
  • Midna and Wolflink in Brawl!

Votes: 398 44.3%
  • I don't want Midna in there, period!

Votes: 89 9.9%
  • Just give me Wolflink sans Midna!

Votes: 30 3.3%
  • I really couldn't care less.

Votes: 105 11.7%

• Total voters

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Yes! Go Midna! Only Midna!! Just IMAGINE what it would LOOK like playing midna riding around on wolf link...it'd look stupid..and if taht was the case... then Midna wouldn't be the playable character! WOLF LINK WOULD BE.

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
Yes! Go Midna! Only Midna!! Just IMAGINE what it would LOOK like playing midna riding around on wolf link...it'd look stupid..and if taht was the case... then Midna wouldn't be the playable character! WOLF LINK WOULD BE.
You know, Midna rode on Wolf Link in TP, and it doesnt look stupid. :laugh:

I was hoping for a Midna with Wolf Link update this week :(

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Totally, dude have you seen that new char "The Bike", I heard it has someone riding it...

thedup

Smash Cadet
lol at that comment. it wouldn't bother me if WL was just a move that Midna had, as long as her moveset is mostly built without him there would be nothing wrong with it. Of course, the comparison is completely ridiculous considering it's just a motorcycle as opposed to an actual character, but that was amusing anyway

aleps

Smash Apprentice
We had 2 different Link's in melee -_-'
But Brawl is different from Melee. With all the stuff of the SE, the story would look strange with two Links. In Melee that didn't care because there wasn't a history you had to follow.

The idea of Midna summoning Wolf Link is great, because even if I want Midna by her own, that would make it more interesting and original.

This is strange. I have seen very few (at most) people support the wolf on this thread, but look at the poll's results...

...very strange...

I'm not anti-wolf, I'm pro-Midna... which in this case is kind of the same thing.
True, the WL supporters disapeared, or the poll is fixed or something. For me is more than enought to know that Midna is more acclaimed to be in her own. At least in the pages I've read ^^''

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
But Brawl is different from Melee. With all the stuff of the SE, the story would look strange with two Links. In Melee that didn't care because there wasn't a history you had to follow.

The idea of Midna summoning Wolf Link is great, because even if I want Midna by her own, that would make it more interesting and original.

True, the WL supporters disapeared, or the poll is fixed or something. For me is more than enought to know that Midna is more acclaimed to be in her own. At least in the pages I've read ^^''
Why does the SE matter, you have Yoshi with Link, Kirby and Zelda! People are talking about TP Zelda turning into Shiek, but, that makes no sence, Zelda didnt do that in TP... Ok, then Shiek must be a seprate character! Oh wait, now it doesn't work with the SE, cos there are two zeldas... Hmm, oh i get it, it doesnt matter that there is more than 1 Zelda or that TP Zelda can turn into Shiek! Its Brawl, it doesnt have to make sence...

WL supporters probaly left because all they get told is "oh, but then there is more than one link". The poll is not fixed, all it means is random people who have seen it think that Wolf Link and Midna sounds more intresting than just Midna.

Zevox

Smash Lord
People are talking about TP Zelda turning into Shiek, but, that makes no sence, Zelda didnt do that in TP...
It makes perfect sense, actually. You just need to stop thinking that the art style used on Zelda means shes specifically the Zelda from that particular game. The Zelda characters use their Twilight Princess art because its their most up-to-date, but they represent the series as a whole. Heck, we know Zelda uses Ocarina of Time spells for her special moves still (Din's Fire and Farore's Wind have been seen in screenshots and videos). Theres no reason it would be nonsensical for Zelda to use any ability shes had throughout the Zelda games, no matter what art style she has.

Zevox

Stryks

Smash Hero
It makes perfect sense, actually. You just need to stop thinking that the art style used on Zelda means shes specifically the Zelda from that particular game. The Zelda characters use their Twilight Princess art because its their most up-to-date, but they represent the series as a whole. Heck, we know Zelda uses Ocarina of Time spells for her special moves still (Din's Fire and Farore's Wind have been seen in screenshots and videos). Theres no reason it would be nonsensical for Zelda to use any ability shes had throughout the Zelda games, no matter what art style she has.

Zevox
Explain why Link uses TP princessmoves:
Magic-less spin attack, gale boomerang, claw shot, and etc?

She uses the goddeses magic because she has more connection with them than link or ganondorf, shes more magic based and thus have a connection with the godesses themselves, its no surprise her moveset is the same...
Now the godesses are part of the triforce, and the triforce is like the key element in almost every single zelda game, its ok she keeps an ability more than one zelda knows, like WW Zelda and TP zelda use light arrows,being now a reocurring move she has, it will be to no surprise is she uses them in some form...

Now Shiek is a transformation ability known by OoT zelda, tough by Impa, a shiekah, no shiekah gave such training to TP zelda, nor any OTHER zelda for that matter, lets say this zelda DOES represent ALL the zeldas, why would the zelda that represents ALL of them use a move only used by ONE zelda, and not even THE zelda in which brawl zelda is based off? why not tetra? I mean she WAS a transformation after all...

now, again, look at TP link his moves are based of TP, his swordplay has been almost identical in every game, thus its no surprise, but his items and abilities are completely changed to fit his TP link persona, and ganondorf if confirmed, will surly have the sword of sages to de clone him, why would zelda be the only one sticking to OoT based moveset? yeah she does have her melee b moves (3 of 4 confirmed), yet seeing how eveyrone is going TP, giving her the Light arrows as a B move, and the nayruls love as a down b (which fits the usual defensive status most b moves have), this zelda will have the TP properties and respecting the characters role in TP, seriously making TP zelda become OoT's shiek is ******** to say the least...

Zevox

Smash Lord
Explain why Link uses TP princessmoves:
Magic-less spin attack, gale boomerang, claw shot, and etc?
He never had magic on his spin attack, the gale boomerang is just an effect added onto a move he already had, and the claw shot is part of that "most up-to-date" art style thing I mentioned (there is no similarly up-to-date Hookshot).

Stryks said:
She uses the goddeses magic because she has more connection with them than link or ganondorf, shes more magic based and thus have a connection with the godesses themselves, its no surprise her moveset is the same...
Now the godesses are part of the triforce, and the triforce is like the key element in almost every single zelda game, its ok she keeps an ability more than one zelda knows, like WW Zelda and TP zelda use light arrows,being now a reocurring move she has, it will be to no surprise is she uses them in some form...
This is all BS, and you probably know it. You make it sound as if those spells were somehow innate abilities linked to their namesakes throughout the series, when in fact neither they nor the Goddesses themselves have appeared anywhere but Ocarina of Time (technically Goddesses have been statues, but thats beside the point.) You have no basis for any claim that Zelda has some special connection to the Goddesses - even in Ocarina of Time, the only Zelda game where she displays any magical powers outside of those granted by her piece of the Triforce, its because she is a sage as well, not because of the Goddesses - and your claim that more than one Zelda knows those spells is completely inaccurate, since Zelda has never displayed the ability to use those spells anywhere but SSB. The only one who ever used them was Link, and then only in Ocarina of Time.

Stryks said:
Now Shiek is a transformation ability known by OoT zelda, tough by Impa, a shiekah, no shiekah gave such training to TP zelda, nor any OTHER zelda for that matter, lets say this zelda DOES represent ALL the zeldas, why would the zelda that represents ALL of them use a move only used by ONE zelda, and not even THE zelda in which brawl zelda is based off? why not tetra? I mean she WAS a transformation after all...
Because Sheik was put into SSB in Melee and has no reason to be removed in Brawl.
Edit: And technically, Tetra isn't a transformation for that Zelda, shes her primary identity. She only has the name "Zelda" due to inheritance. If anything, its more accurate to say that Zelda is Tetra's "transformation" in Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass.

Stryks said:
now, again, look at TP link his moves are based of TP, his swordplay has been almost identical in every game, thus its no surprise, but his items and abilities are completely changed to fit his TP link persona, and ganondorf if confirmed, will surly have the sword of sages to de clone him, why would zelda be the only one sticking to OoT based moveset? yeah she does have her melee b moves (3 of 4 confirmed), yet seeing how eveyrone is going TP, giving her the Light arrows as a B move, and the nayruls love as a down b (which fits the usual defensive status most b moves have), this zelda will have the TP properties and respecting the characters role in TP, seriously making TP zelda become OoT's shiek is ******** to say the least...
His abilities and items are almost utterly unchanged - his spin attack can now be charged, which is a generic ability from most of the games, and his boomerang has gained a property in addition to those it had before, a simple addition and not an actual change to the item. The rest is all graphical and design update to moves he uses in every (or almost every) game. Ganondorf will likely have a sword and magic to de-clone him, because those are the abilities he uses most often in the Zelda games and thus are the abilities that make the most sense to give him, not just because he uses them in TP.

Leaving Zelda with the ability to transform into Sheik is no less sensible than leaving her with spells she never used. Heck, its more sensible, since at least the Sheik disguise was something she actually did in one of the games.

vesperview said:
I just read the worst argument for Midna EVER!

If Tippi from Paper Mario can't make it, then Midna sure can't.
This was said in the Alt costumes thread.
Yeah, I saw (and responded to) that earlier. It was one laughable argument, to say the least.

Zevox

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
He never had magic on his spin attack, the gale boomerang is just an effect added onto a move he already had, and the claw shot is part of that "most up-to-date" art style thing I mentioned (there is no similarly up-to-date Hookshot).

This is all BS, and you probably know it. You make it sound as if those spells were somehow innate abilities linked to their namesakes throughout the series, when in fact neither they nor the Goddesses themselves have appeared anywhere but Ocarina of Time (technically Goddesses have been statues, but thats beside the point.) You have no basis for any claim that Zelda has some special connection to the Goddesses - even in Ocarina of Time, the only Zelda game where she displays any magical powers outside of those granted by her piece of the Triforce, its because she is a sage as well, not because of the Goddesses - and your claim that more than one Zelda knows those spells is completely inaccurate, since Zelda has never displayed the ability to use those spells anywhere but SSB. The only one who ever used them was Link, and then only in Ocarina of Time.

Because Sheik was put into SSB in Melee and has no reason to be removed in Brawl.
Edit: And technically, Tetra isn't a transformation for that Zelda, shes her primary identity. She only has the name "Zelda" due to inheritance. If anything, its more accurate to say that Zelda is Tetra's "transformation" in Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass.

His abilities and items are almost utterly unchanged - his spin attack can now be charged, which is a generic ability from most of the games, and his boomerang has gained a property in addition to those it had before, a simple addition and not an actual change to the item. The rest is all graphical and design update to moves he uses in every (or almost every) game. Ganondorf will likely have a sword and magic to de-clone him, because those are the abilities he uses most often in the Zelda games and thus are the abilities that make the most sense to give him, not just because he uses them in TP.

Leaving Zelda with the ability to transform into Sheik is no less sensible than leaving her with spells she never used. Heck, its more sensible, since at least the Sheik disguise was something she actually did in one of the games.

Yeah, I saw (and responded to) that earlier. It was one laughable argument, to say the least.

Zevox

Actually in SSBM the spin attack is blue which IS a magic charged spin attack, just not to the maximum (which has an orange color)

Actually it is said somewhere that the royal family has a connection with the gods. In TP this is more direct when the Oocoo's who are the beings closer to gods also have a connection to the royal family (I believe I read this, I'll look it up for you)

What he meant was that if this Zelda is a representation of all other Zelda's even if it is only Console game Zelda's, its still only 1 Zelda using Shiek, so that argument (the one about SSBB Zelda being a represantation of all Zeldas) is neither good or bad (If anything it could be bad) for Sheik, its neutral.

Yes, all attacks are modeled for TP attacks, but even attacks that did not need a graphical remodel were remodel to fit TP (Barne's bombs? Thats just adding the little rough leather skin to to them)

This one is VERY easy, see how characters are teamed together, well, Link is teamed with Yoshi, so you go with Yoshi all the way to a point, then you find Midna, now everytime you choose a character you can choose between Link, Midna and Yoshi, if you pick Link or if you pick Midna, Yoshi will be your ally, if you pick Yoshi, the 2nd player can pick between of Link or Midna. On the story part, choosing Link will just make Midna go into your shadow and not fight that battle, choosing Midna will make Link go into Wolf Link and wait there until Midna summons him into the fight.

See? Pretty simple, there are not 2 Link's in the storyline, just one, you just choose which WAY you want THAT Link to fight in.

Now please stop using SE as an excuse...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Zelda DID use magic in TP, giving the triforce energy to midna or something like that, freezing time or something in the last battle, and calling the light gods for the arrows...

Look u said it URSELF, zelda is representing ALL zeldas, why give TP model zelda the OoT disguise shiek? think about melee, zelda had OoT model, and USED OoT abilities, mostly the magic and transformation,and now link is using TP abilities, link used magic in his Upb in melee and 64, thats the gold ring he makes, in brawl there is no such ring, thats why the spin seems to have such lower range than before...

Seriously why not give a move zeldas have used in two games (could be more, the light arrows) than one disguise move used the hide her true identity in one game (shiek)

superorange

Smash Rookie
I think Wolfink with Midna riding is the way to go. It allows for a much more diverse set of moves and movement.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I personally think Sheik should be gone, she is probably never gonna be in another Zelda game, Midna may not be in another Zelda game either, but at least she is the newest more popular Zelda character, so what? put Midna in Brawl and replace her with the new one hit wonder of the Zelda series in SSB4

Zevox

Smash Lord
Actually in SSBM the spin attack is blue which IS a magic charged spin attack, just not to the maximum (which has an orange color)
*turns on Melee and gets into a quick Link match* Huh, never noticed that. Well, its still nothing but a graphical effect.

Raykz said:
Actually it is said somewhere that the royal family has a connection with the gods. In TP this is more direct when the Oocoo's who are the beings closer to gods also have a connection to the royal family (I believe I read this, I'll look it up for you)
This I'm pretty sure is false. The Oocca are mentioned to be closer to the Gods than anyone else - and to possibly be the race that created the Hylians - but theres nothing about the royal family being connected to the Gods.

Raykz said:
What he meant was that if this Zelda is a representation of all other Zelda's even if it is only Console game Zelda's, its still only 1 Zelda using Shiek, so that argument (the one about SSBB Zelda being a represantation of all Zeldas) is neither good or bad (If anything it could be bad) for Sheik, its neutral.
That was my point, and not his. Zelda is representing all the Zeldas, and so its perfectly sensible for her to be able to become Sheik, since she did in one of the games. Stryks was arguing that shes the TP Zelda only, and so its not sensible to have Sheik in, which is a ridiculous notion.

Raykz said:
Yes, all attacks are modeled for TP attacks, but even attacks that did not need a graphical remodel were remodel to fit TP (Barne's bombs? Thats just adding the little rough leather skin to to them)
Which is, like I said, a simple graphical update, and no actual change to the items themselves.

Stryks said:
Zelda DID use magic in TP, giving the triforce energy to midna or something like that, freezing time or something in the last battle, and calling the light gods for the arrows...
Using magic does not mean she used those spells. Theres no doubt she uses magic in several of the games, but the spells she is using in SSB are seen only as spells used by Link in Ocarina of Time.

Stryks said:
Look u said it URSELF, zelda is representing ALL zeldas, why give TP model zelda the OoT disguise shiek?
Because she is representing all Zeldas, one of which used the Sheik disguise, and that disguise was a character in Melee who was no reason to be removed for Brawl.

Stryks said:
think about melee, zelda had OoT model, and USED OoT abilities, mostly the magic and transformation,
She used the OoT model because it was then the most up-to-date 3D one, just as TP is now. And she still uses OoT abilities, which were never hers, but rather Link's. Theres no reason she couldn't also become Sheik.

Stryks said:
and now link is using TP abilities
Only on one attack, and even there its merely an additional ability on an item which he uses in many games and is otherwise unchanged. On the others he simply has that game's look due to the graphical update.

Stryks said:
Seriously why not give a move zeldas have used in two games (could be more, the light arrows) than one disguise move used the hide her true identity in one game (shiek)
Why not leave a fan-favorite character from Melee in and give Zelda the Light Arrows as a final smash or replacement for one the spells she was given but never actually used in her games instead? That certainly makes more sense than arbitrarily removing the character because there happens to be a new move she could potentially use.

superorange said:
I think Wolfink with Midna riding is the way to go. It allows for a much more diverse set of moves and movement.
I disagree. A more diverse moveset and movement could be had by Midna, a magic-wielding, hovering Imp, than by a simple wolf, who would predictably be simply running, clawing, and biting.

Zevox

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I don't see a reason for Sheik to get eliminated. Super Smash Bros. is suppose to be non-nonsensical. I really doubt that having Twilight Princess character designs is a valid reason for Sheik to be gone. This is a different case for other supposed Zelda characters like Skull Kid and Vaati. If they had a chance to shine, it would have been in Melee.

Anouma did submit updated designs for her, so that is already taken care of.

But having Midna on Wolf-Link is too over-the-top. Besides, you would really be controlling Wolf-Link instead, and Midna would be the one just helping you out, like a more proactive Nana that you have direct control over simultaneously with Wolf-Link.

Wolf Link would mainly be doing all the physical stuff like jumping, lunging, biting, spinning, and so fourth. I prefer to have one Link.

Midna can definately hold her own, plus I would rather see her levitating off the ground and taking care of business herself than seeing her sit on Link's back the entire time, being a Link's support.

thedup

Smash Cadet
my personal stance is that sheik should be cut, because my brother mained sheik and he really pisses me off. I still don't think that he should be in the game anyway, since sheik isn't a very relevant character. but zelda shouldn't be the topic of this thread.

I still say that Midna should come without WL. there's no point in my eyes to adding WL. It would make her moveset less interesting and it would make her less unique, even if she would still be unique for riding on WL. I'd prefer to see the awesome magic wielding, floating imp that we've all grown to love

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
my personal stance is that sheik should be cut, because my brother mained sheik and he really pisses me off. I still don't think that he should be in the game anyway, since sheik isn't a very relevant character. but zelda shouldn't be the topic of this thread.

I still say that Midna should come without WL. there's no point in my eyes to adding WL. It would make her moveset less interesting and it would make her less unique, even if she would still be unique for riding on WL. I'd prefer to see the awesome magic wielding, floating imp that we've all grown to love
Well to all those who have said this too (ie: Zevox, who I agree with in most parts), I think the idea posted by Black/White later modified very slightly by me is a very good idea which would keep both, Midna as a solo character fans (you guys) and the WL + Midna combo happy (me and the 280 other people who voted).

Midna as her own character and a complete moveset just by herself, just like you want her. Just that her vB summons WL (Twilight summon kind of style), but NO, he does not change her as drastically as Sheik changes Zelda, instead, WL just makes her a little bit faster with higher jumps. Midna would still have the exact same moveset (excepting the dash attack and the tilts, which would be changed to WL spinning and charging/biting {But be calm, Tilts + Dash attacks are 4 attacks} and maybe DSmash changing into the black aura attack that made you jump on all targets inside the aura) she would still have the exact same attacks, just that she could maybe have a little less range, but she has a little more speed and she is riding WL (Pressing vB again or getting knocked off the stage dissapears WL).

What do you guys think?

PS: On another note, wtf happened to the poll, it was 145-281 and suddenly its 187-275, how did Midna solo jump so high and how did WL + Midna actually DROP in votes?

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
And I disagree. A more diverse moveset and movement could be had Wolf Link and Midna, a four legged creature who would be running, clawing, biting and spinning while still having the magic powered imp with a giant hand. Floating has been done before, however a four legged creature with the best of both worlds, is just too good.

Btw, surely if Zelda can transform into Shiek... shouldn't Link turn into Wolf Link? Its basicaly the same thing

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
Midna as her own character and a complete moveset just by herself, just like you want her. Just that her vB summons WL (Twilight summon kind of style), but NO, he does not change her as drastically as Sheik changes Zelda, instead, WL just makes her a little bit faster with higher jumps. Midna would still have the exact same moveset (excepting the dash attack and the tilts, which would be changed to WL spinning and charging/biting {But be calm, Tilts + Dash attacks are 4 attacks} and maybe DSmash changing into the black aura attack that made you jump on all targets inside the aura) she would still have the exact same attacks, just that she could maybe have a little less range, but she has a little more speed and she is riding WL (Pressing vB again or getting knocked off the stage dissapears WL).

What do you guys think?
I'm happy with that, everyone gets what they want (although I do want Wolf Link to have diffrent moves when vB summons him). If anyone says no to that and they dont want Wolf Link at all, surely thats selfish?

Zevox

Smash Lord
Well to all those who have said this too (ie: Zevox, who I agree with in most parts), I think the idea posted by Black/White later modified very slightly by me is a very good idea which would keep both, Midna as a solo character fans (you guys) and the WL + Midna combo happy (me and the 280 other people who voted).

What do you guys think?
That'd be acceptable by me. I'd probably never use Midna's down B then, but as long as shes in and I can use her as her own character, thats a small price to pay.

UsernameLink said:
And I disagree. A more diverse moveset and movement could be had Wolf Link and Midna, a four legged creature who would be running, clawing, biting and spinning while still having the magic powered imp with a giant hand. Floating has been done before, however a four legged creature with the best of both worlds, is just too good.
We'll just have to agree to disagree, then, because I only see the wolf detracting from Midna. Shes the one I like, and shes the one I feel is worthy of being in the game. I can't say either of those about the wolf, nor can I see how you think having her ride an animal allows for a more diverse set of abilities than the use of her magic would.

UsernameLink said:
Btw, surely if Zelda can transform into Shiek... shouldn't Link turn into Wolf Link? Its basicaly the same thing
Isn't it a little late for that discussion? We already know he doesn't, since we know all of his specials and his FS, and none cause him to change into the wolf.

Zevox

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
Isn't it a little late for that discussion? We already know he doesn't, since we know all of his specials and his FS, and none cause him to change into the wolf.
I know he cant... I was just wondering, I mean all the thing about Shiek being represented as a Zelda total, why shouldnt Wolf Link

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Ok, sorry, in my opinion, it would look stupid. But u can't ignore my other point... if wolf link was n with midna.. you'd b plying as him, not midna

Mallhew

Smash Cadet
This is wild speculation...

But what if Midna/wolf link was an unlockable down-b or other combo for Link? You'd get it after beating Midna/wolf link after an event match with human Link.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman

No, it's actually very different. With Zelda an Sheik, you control one person at a time. With Wolf Link mounted with Midna, you're controlling Wolf Link, not Midna, that-- and we already have Link, and he already has his own distinct moves, and does not transform.

Judging by your signature, you want cell shaded Link, Wolf Link, and Link? That's like wanting more forms of Mario like Dr. Mario and some other random form like Bee Form from Galaxy. They're all Mario. One Mario is enough, just as one Link is enough. And you have the audacity to claim that not waning Wolf Link being selfish? Oh God.

Honestly, Midna has enough potential to be a potent fighter by herself.

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
Judging by your signature, you want cell shaded Link, Wolf Link, and Link? That's like wanting more forms of Mario like Dr. Mario and some other random form like Bee Form from Galaxy. They're all Mario. One Mario is enough, just as one Link is enough. And you have the audacity to claim that not waning Wolf Link being selfish? Oh God.
I think saying "more than one Link" is the stupidest arguement ever. I love the idea of Wolf Link and Midna, and Young Link (WW Link) has been in more games than adult Link, easily deserving a spot. I only really want 2 Links in Brawl, but if Wolf Link cant get a spot, then WW Link should.

If you get Midna in as her own character, why should it matter if Wolf Link gets in as a vB on her? Because YOU dont want more than one link? Well thats being selfish.

Super_alex2

Smash Journeyman
I really couldn't care less. If I had to pick just 1 more Zelda rep, it would be Skull Kid. But if he isn't in brawl then I would pick Zant. Midna is important to the story line of TP, but I think there are other characters more worthy of representation.

I think saying "more than one Link" is the stupidest arguement ever. I love the idea of Wolf Link and Midna, and Young Link (WW Link) has been in more games than adult Link, easily deserving a spot. I only really want 2 Links in Brawl, but if Wolf Link can get a spot, then WW Link should.

If you get Midna in as her own character, why should it matter if Wolf Link gets in as a vB on her? Because YOU dont want more than one link? Well thats being selfish.
actually WW link has only been in 2 games.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I think saying "more than one Link" is the stupidest arguement ever. I love the idea of Wolf Link and Midna, and Young Link (WW Link) has been in more games than adult Link, easily deserving a spot. I only really want 2 Links in Brawl, but if Wolf Link can get a spot, then WW Link should.

You write that it's the stupidest argument ever? How so? It would be different if Link could transform into his wolf form, but that isn't he case here. Link has his the same moves he had before except they were just upgraded with different effects. You're also insinuating that you want another form of Link as a separate character slot with Midna, which we have to happen to play as Wolf Link with Midna's aid, not Midna herself-- and not forgetting to mention Young Link from Phantom Hourglass.

Brawl needs more representation from different franchises, this isn't a Legend of Zelda fighter, and having two forms of Link is a crowd. One other important character from a console game is enough.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
You write that it's the stupidest argument ever? How so? It would be different if Link could transform into his wolf form, but that isn't he case here. Link has his the same moves he had before except they were just upgraded with different effects. You're also insinuating that you want another form of Link as a separate character slot with Midna, which we have to happen to play as Wolf Link with Midna's aid, not Midna herself-- and not forgetting to mention Young Link from Phantom Hourglass.

Brawl needs more representation from different franchises, this isn't a Legend of Zelda fighter, and having two forms of Link is a crowd. One other important character from a console game is enough.

SSBM

Mario = 5
Zelda = 4 (5)
Pokemon = 4

Roster: 25 (26)

SSBB

Mario = 4
Zelda = 2
Pokemon = 2

Roster: 24+ (Around 40-50 i'd say)

How is adding another Link going to make it Zelda Fighters if there is HALF the Zelda players than last game with a possible of double the Roster..., please dont just say things...

Anyways.... Judging by your standards Shiek would be just another Zelda, BUT WAIT, I forgot the loophole you made, IF Link could transform into WL it would be ok, right.... You make me laugh. If you had read my idea you would have seen that I do not want WL as the main char of the Midna + WL combo, I just want him to be there representing his game (TP), even if its just one of Midna's moves to summon him and ride him (read my idea)

Honestly I can't figure out how people keep saying 1 more link is too much!, When SSBM has 2 links and thats because there were ONLY 2 Links, and now you go and say there are too much Zelda characters currently in the game to add more....

Anyways I do agree though that adding WW Link IF WL Link makes it in would be overdoing it, but if WL nor Midna makes it in WW Link could make it in just the same.

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman

No, I said i want 2 Links, and Adult Link, and a Wolf Link(with Midna), but if there is no Wolf Link, then Young Link. Young Link is more important in Zelda games than Midna, bar TP, because Young Link is in far more games than Midna. But I think that Wolf Link and Midna is a great character design, and this is there only chance to get in a Smash game.

hmm. Link + Zelda + Ganondorf (basicly comfirmed) = 3

3 + Midna = 4
3 + Wolf Link/Midna combo = 4
3 + WW Link = 4
so... remind when this was becoming Legend of Zelda fighter

P.S. As i said before, I dont care about the fact Wolf Link might be seen as more important than Midna in a combo because I like the Wolf Link/Midna combo design idea, not just Midna.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I really couldn't care less. If I had to pick just 1 more Zelda rep, it would be Skull Kid. But if he isn't in brawl then I would pick Zant. Midna is important to the story line of TP, but I think there are other characters more worthy of representation.
Enlighten me with a moveset of Skull Kid in a PM for me. I'm looking for of seeing his FS. Besides, Zant is more fitting of a boss than anything.

SSBM

Mario = 5
Zelda = 4 (5)
Pokemon = 4

SSBB

Mario = 4
Zelda = 2
Pokemon = 2

How is adding another Link going to make it Zelda Fighters if there is HALF the Zelda players than last game with a possible of double the Roster..., please dont just say things...
Unless they are transforming characters, over-representation of a single character by giving them a new slot isn't what Sakurai is aiming for, which could conclude that no matter how popular that certain clone character is, they're most likely not playable. So that comment wasn't really fallacious.

Honestly I can't figure out how people keep saying 1 more link is too much!, When SSBM has 2 links and thats because there were ONLY 2 Links, and now you go and say there are too much Zelda characters currently in the game to add more....
Of course there are too many Links, even if it's just one. You need only one 1 Link to represent Link, so it's kinda wasting another good character chance of getting in. In Melee, their concept was just to add favorite characters that they liked over the years. In Brawl however, the concept is to try to get rid of the problem of having similar characters (perfect clones/perfect cloned moveseted characters/alts) and having new (or old) characters that are generically different from them.

Besides, people like Darky Dee and I don't want to choose from Adult Link, Wolf Link, WW Link, and Young Link in which I can choose one Link with the most compatible representation better than most and have Midna, Zelda w/Shiek, and Ganondarf, with more options open for other characters from different series as a side.

Anyways I do agree though that adding WW Link IF WL Link makes it in would be overdoing it, but if WL nor Midna makes it in WW Link could make it in just the same.
I disagree on that one. Like I just said, this is over-representing ONE character. I believe that Brawl isn't about one character, it's about all the different characters that made an impact from different series in Nintendo. As long they are completely different characters, they are more welcome to join.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Honestly, I would say that 5 Legend of Zelda reps would kind of be pushing it, but I would be for it if that would suit everyone's needs and get everyone to be happy. Of course, I'm not Sakurai and I can't do that but if I could, this is how I would go about it.

1. Link - Duh
2. Zelda - With Sheik, counting it as ONE character because they only take up ONE character slot
3. Ganondorf -You almost HAVE to have Ganondorf. You can't really have two of the triforce holders without the third!
4. WW Link - As almost everyone has said, he could fill in the Young Link form from Melee and could declone him, welcoming him in even though he does look a bit odd. Representing the Cell-shaded LoZ.
5. Midna - With or without Wolf Link, preferably not in my case. Representing the LoZ: TP.

Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf would be representing the LoZ series as a whole while WW Link and Midna represent the newest forms of the LoZ. Everyone would be happy then, wouldn't they?

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
SSBM

Mario = 5
Zelda = 4 (5)
Pokemon = 4

SSBB

Mario = 4
Zelda = 2
Pokemon = 2

Anyways.... Judging by your standards Shiek would be just another Zelda, BUT WAIT, I forgot the loophole you made, IF Link could transform into WL it would be ok, right.... You make me laugh. If you had read my idea you would have seen that I do not want WL as the main char of the Midna + WL combo, I just want him to be there representing his game (TP), even if its just one of Midna's moves to summon him and ride him (read my idea)

You obviously can't comprehend what you read. "If" is a very important word, also it was followed by "it isn't the case." And it isn't the case, because I know well that Link can't transform into Wolf Link. So there is no loophole. Anywhoo, I was glad I entertained you even though the idea totally went over your head.

Either way with your little discrepancies, Wolf Link "being there to represent Twilight Princess" or not, Wolf Link will be in there when there already is another Link.

Just because Melee had 2 Links, which is insignificant in this matter, because I am hoping he is cut. Your justification is that since there are two Links, that that means they should add more. No.

What I'm inferring is that they delete Young Link and replace him with Midna to even things out, a real character that represents the series.

Read OmegaSlayer16's post, it's basically everything I really cared to counter rebut your two cent's-worth with. Thanks OmegaSlayer16 for clarifying my opinion.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
There is no need to bring in Wolf Link or even WW Link for that matter. The only reason Melee had Kid Link was because of time restraints, not because he appeared in more games (most people associate Link in his late teens anyways). Kid Link had no character value in Melee, and recreating him as WW Link would be a waste since Brawl is looking for a lot more diversity. There's nothing diverse about having WW/Wolf Link when we already have early adult TP Link because it's the same person. That's like asking for Dr. Mario, Paper Mario, Boo Mario, and Frog Mario; their all just versions of the same exact character. Legend of Zelda and other franchises need more characters as fighters, and not just variations of one we already have.

That's when we move on to Midna. She does not need a wolf to do most of the work for her. That would be like pairing up Link with his horse as a one character. Midna + Wolf Link is not even Midna, more like Wolf Link with a imp on his back who grabs people. Midna can do much more than that, which is why it's best to have her go solo instead of being restricted by a canine version of someone who is already playable.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
As those of us with a Wii can tell you, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is quite literally the best Zelda game ever. And the single most important character in the game, short of Link himself, is Midna, an imp with magical powers from the Twilight Realm who is, at least at the beginning, using Link for her own ends.
and for those of us that have played it, it is the worst. it is worse than wind waker and almost as bad as CDI.
why should we have a charactor that only gives a set of directions a place in brawl that could be used for a more important character.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
and for those of us that have played it, it is the worst. it is worse than wind waker and almost as bad as CDI.
why should we have a charactor that only gives a set of directions a place in brawl that could be used for a more important character.
This is based on your opinion, and I dare not bother trying to change your point of view, but Midna did a lot more than steer you in the right direction. She was a prominent character in the game that basically stole the entire show. There is a big difference between having a fairy yell at you to tell you to do something and an imp that joins you so you could do her bidding in hopes for an ulterior motive that benefits everyone in the end.

As for the game being bad, you're totally on your own about that. Who would you consider an important character in the Zelda series?

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
This is based on your opinion, and I dare not bother trying to change your point of view, but Midna did a lot more than steer you in the right direction. She was a prominent character in the game that basically stole the entire show. There is a big difference between having a fairy yell at you to tell you to do something and an imp that joins you so you could do her bidding in hopes for an ulterior motive that benefits everyone in the end.

As for the game being bad, you're totally on your own about that. Who would you consider an important character in the Zelda series?
important characters are just link, zelda, and gannon. all the others are too minoot to be playable, but might make apearences s assist trophies and such

Top Bottom