• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Midna for Brawl thread. (Debate the Wolf here!)

Midna In Brawl?

• Only Midna in Brawl!

Votes: 277 30.8%
  • Midna and Wolflink in Brawl!

Votes: 398 44.3%
  • I don't want Midna in there, period!

Votes: 89 9.9%
  • Just give me Wolflink sans Midna!

Votes: 30 3.3%
  • I really couldn't care less.

Votes: 105 11.7%

• Total voters

Starmanclock

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fangzthewolf
I would like Midna in her regular form from the end of the game, but I don't care if she is teamed with Wolflink.

kingkirby7714

Smash Rookie
I would like Midna in her regular form from the end of the game, but I don't care if she is teamed with Wolflink.
see, i'd love to have both her princess form and her imp form, but i doubt we'll get both. i love her princess form, but her imp form is how most people know her.

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
You played the entire game in her imp form. I'd say it would make sense that she would appear in the form which the gamers are most familiar with, and not the form we get to meet for about 5 minutes. Either way that would spoil the ending slightly for people who havent played Twilight Princess.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
You played the entire game in her imp form. I'd say it would make sense that she would appear in the form which the gamers are most familiar with, and not the form we get to meet for about 5 minutes. Either way that would spoil the ending slightly for people who havent played Twilight Princess.
They've already spoiled the Ocarina of Time ending by making Zelda transform into Sheik.

Stryks

Smash Hero
^^ But how many years passed since OoT to melee? like 3-4 years, maybe 5, u had so much time to play it, but in brawl its only less than a year/ the year after TP, and not many would have played TP by then, the diference is the time the games are made from one and the other, I, personally, prefer her imp form SOLO...

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Minda on wolflink would rock... though the character name would just be Minda...

It would be cool if zant made it in...

And i really hope ganondorf looks the way he does in TP...

Stryks

Smash Hero
ganondorfs weapon of choice in TP spoiler ahead:

^^ Im pretty sure ganondorf will have his TP look, link does, and fox has hs look updated as a combination of original fox, with DS fox, with some gadgets, many will get updates, and I say ganondorf will too, and im pretty sure he'll have the sword of sages he used in the game, thus yes he will be completely updated...

and yes Im hopin Zant makes it in brawl too...

Gale_Ice

Smash Rookie
I think Link should be able to just turn into Wolf Link (Midna on top)
Sort of like how Zelda turns into Sheik on Melee
I dont' think Midna/Wolf Link should be seperate from Normal Link though considering that they are the same person.

JPW

Smash Ace
i might as well say something on this.

TP is a very good game. In my view it's almost as good as Ocarina of Time. Could be better if bosses were tougher and they had a different ending to the most obvious. And if Gannondorf played more of a role. The one thing that seaparates the two in my view is Ocarina of Time was a milestone in video game history and it really had that Inspiring feel, when you first played it, there was no other game like it at the time.

Personally I like Midna she really brought out what a companion should be like in Link's quest. She had attitude unlike the fairies and that before her, she didn't really like you at first and she used you. To be honest I had this bad feeling all through the game Midna was going to betray you.

I reckon Midna could be a candidate she certainly built up a lot of fans, but I would rather have Midna played out like Zelda was in the last Smash Bros.
The ability to transform from her Supernatural form to her Twilight Princess real form. She definitely had a good look for a Princess and I would rather see that form taken in more, it gives her more potential and allows her to mesh with other characters.

I would love to have a Midna vs Zelda too. Or a Midna vs Zelda vs Peach.

Otherwise Midna could have another role and I reckon she could be in the background of a stage perhaps a Twilight Arena.

I really don't want Adult Link transforming into a Wolf. Link has enough moves as himself and works better as a solo character rather then a morpher.

Also by July 2007, most people would of finshed Zeld: TP by that time. If you haven't played Zelda by then or haven't finished it at least once. Then you are not a fan of the Zelda series.
To my knowledge in australia alone. over 30,000 Wii's were sold(Broke Xbox's record in just 2 days) and in 90% of those Wii's the first game bought was Zelda: TP.
So I reckon by the time Smash Bros. Brawl is released everyone will know the two different forms of Midna. If not it's bound to be spoiled on the net or a magazine somewhere around this year.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
^^^ As to what you said about Link transforming into Wolf Link (and this goes for anyone else throwing that idea around too), I wouldn't worry about it. From what we've seen in the trailer Link looks pretty much intact from melee. I wouldn't expect too much change.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Playing through TP today, I had an idea for Midna's super... too lazy to search to see if anyone mentioned it.
You remember when Midna broke the mirror of twilight? I think that could be her super, but it would be really spoilerific!

Black/Light

Smash Master
^^^ As to what you said about Link transforming into Wolf Link (and this goes for anyone else throwing that idea around too), I wouldn't worry about it. From what we've seen in the trailer Link looks pretty much intact from melee. I wouldn't expect too much change.
You never know, we still haven't seen a Bv :p

But Midna and Wolf Link should be on their own imo.

Aaron_Sketch

Smash Cadet
About Midna's Super move, what about when she puts on that helmet thing and destroys the Hyrule Castles' barrier? That would pwn so much more than what Watertails said, I think.

I even have a whole moveset for Midna+Wlink.

Up+B: The thing Midna does where you have to jump to her to traverse across gaps
Down+B could be Dig, which would allow him to sneak underground protected
Side+b could be his jump attack, where he jumps on the enemy and starts biting them.
Neutral B could be the Energy Field attack, in which Midna created the energy field while holding down B. Upon release, all of the characters in the vicinity would get hit.

****SPOILERS****
Their Uber-special attack (as in the huge attack like Link's Triforce Trap attack, the Wario Waft, Chef Kirby, ect.)

Would be Midna takes out her Dark Matter particles and merges them together. She then transforms into her eight-legged thing and channels her energy into (either an enemy or a group of enemies) and starts to pwn them.

****Spoilers off****

And so yeah. Midna+Wlink for Brawl!

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Midna only. She more then deserves to be a character in her own right.
I like Midna... But exactly how does she deserve to be a character in her own right? She's been in one game of a series that has over 10 installments. In all honesty, however awesome a character Midna was in TP, she isn't deserving of jack **** compared to, say, Ridley, or a non-cloneified Gannon. Her only merit is that she had character and potentially a decent moveset. Other than that, she's a big Naavi sitting on Links back for half the game.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I haven't read all the past post in this topic but going to post anyway. Sorry if alot of this was already said.
I already played TP two times all the way threw start to finish so far. Second time I got all quest/items 100%.

I really like Midna's character. She was just as much of a main char in the storyline as Link other then you had to play from his point of view. That game was badass and probably the best game for the Wii until Brawl comes out. I really hope Midna is in Brawl. I think it would make more sense to have Link that is already confirmed in Brawl have a new special that allows him to turn into Wolf Link/Midna (like zelda/sheik or samus/zero suit samus) instead of making Midna a new character all together.

Moveset could be something like. (You know what I am talking about if you beat the game.)
B - Wolf Link's Pounce Attack, where Wolf Link jumps on a single target and bites into them then can keep attacking while the enemy tries to shake him off.

B+Forward - Midna's Red Force Field Lockin Attack, where Wolf Link does something like a Fox Illusion on all locked in targets within range of the red force field.

Down+B - Wolf Link Digs, where Wolf Link can dig up rocks/skulls and hold them in his jaws then throw them at the enemy, sometimes he can dig up items or even monsters (like dark insects) kinda like how peach pulls items out of the ground in melee with her Down+B. Unable to perform his Down+B in the air.

Up+B - Midna's Warp/Teleport, when you Up+B you could be warped by Midna (like in TP) where you get sucked into those green and black holes then dropped out of another one whichever way you held after Up+B.

Grab - Midna uses her headdress to grab an enemy with that hand like thing while Wolf Link can bite them with the A button then Midna throws them whichever way you hold like everyone else.

Midna/Wolf Link's Taunt - Wolf Link Howls while Midna scolds Wolf Link with an angry look.

Midna/Wolf Link's Smash Token Move - Midna uses the Fused Shadow pieces to turn into that big liquid thing and own all. Could also which Wolf Link back into Link after it is finished cause it drains her power or something like that. Same goes for Link's Smash Token Move after it finishes that Tri-force Attack, he turns into Wolf Link or they could just make more B specials and have him which at will using the Shadow Crystal.

Would be interesting to see! :) :evil: ;)

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dude...Have you guys played Twilight Princess?

Why the even bother with the wolf? Why not use her HUMAN-like form, dude? She looks friggin' AWESOME, plus they could give her a lot of more logical moves/motion while still using her dark power. I mean, she could summon random objects to fly through the air, like, say, chunks of a bridge? ;P I mean, they could certainly make Wolf Link work, but isn't Midna cool enough to just be in there by herself? I think she's one of the coolest character Nintendo has ever made. I think she's cool enough on her own whichever form she is in.

If you somehow don't know what I'm talking about...(spoiler here)
Here's what I'm talking about.

kingkirby7714

Smash Rookie

Why the even bother with the wolf? Why not use her HUMAN-like form, dude? She looks friggin' AWESOME, plus they could give her a lot of more logical moves/motion while still using her dark power. I mean, she could summon random objects to fly through the air, like, say, chunks of a bridge? ;P I mean, they could certainly make Wolf Link work, but isn't Midna cool enough to just be in there by herself? I think she's one of the coolest character Nintendo has ever made. I think she's cool enough on her own whichever form she is in.

that may be a spoiler for those who haven't played or beaten the game yet. and if they haven't beaten the game, they wouldn't even recognize her.

WR3K

Smash Ace
plus shes like that in a very small portion of the game, and soon after is gone forever (or it would seem)

i always thought of SSB taking place inbetween the events of all the games the characters in it are currently going through, so it would make sense for midna to be her imp form during, plus she has that power on her head to use as moves, and the giant spider thing as say a super move.....

as for should she be accompenied by link in wolf form? i think so, it would add alot of unique attributes to the character, including the spread b-attack used to defeat shadow beings

and they could make the pair an extrememly fast character, and a heavy one too

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord

Bad idea.
Why would anyone in their right mind put in a character that was seen for all of 5 minutes at the very end of the game?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Bad idea.
Why would anyone in their right mind put in a character that was seen for all of 5 minutes at the very end of the game?
Cause
said character is still Midna and the divs would want to put her in if they put her in
. . . .

I still want her to be in even if she was only in the last bit of the game (she is still Midna. . . )

phate

Smash Apprentice
*UMM YOU COULD SAY THIS IS A SPOILER?*
Midna would most likely only have the imp form in my eyes. The other form is kinda pointless.

Also, by chance they had both forms, it wouldnt spoil anything for the people who havent beaten the game yet. I mean, IT SHOWS HER IN HER TWILIGHT PRINCESS FROM IN THE FRIGGIN FIRST PAGE OF THE INSTRUCTION BOOKLET.

kingkirby7714

Smash Rookie
*UMM YOU COULD SAY THIS IS A SPOILER?*
Midna would most likely only have the imp form in my eyes. The other form is kinda pointless.

Also, by chance they had both forms, it wouldnt spoil anything for the people who havent beaten the game yet. I mean, IT SHOWS HER IN HER TWILIGHT PRINCESS FROM IN THE FRIGGIN FIRST PAGE OF THE INSTRUCTION BOOKLET.
not many people read the thing so i kind of consider it a spoiler. that's just my opinion.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm still hoping for Midna/Wolflink. That would be awesome to have, and I would be eccstatic.

Though I'd be satisfied with just Midna if she was solo.

Sjakmachien

Smash Journeyman
It is the best if Midna is alone, but if that can't there must be that Link switches to wolf Link with Midna on his back. And I think Midna should be the Midna where she tiny is.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
I don't think it has been discussed if Midna should transform between her human and imp form zelda/sheik like. This would be interesting IMO. But I would be equally happy with Midna on imp form. =D

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Minda in her human form would spoil it for a lot of people who haven't beat Zelda TP ( I know I would have been upset). They may hold off on doing something like that, unless they make a game with Midna in her human form fulltime.

Black/Light

Smash Master
So even if TP was out for, say, almost a full year before SSBB it would still spoil the ending for people who, by all means most likely know the ending if they have been interested in the game for such a long time in the first place, to add her to brawl?

I actually e-mailed Nintendo Power and asked them when the he77 they were going to release Midna's true form's official art work because I want to make fan-art of her and the cut-scene goes too fast to get a good grab on her in full body view. They all said that we should expect it to be released in NP sometime in the next months (if it is to be released I think).

Once it's released in NP theres no reason to fuss over people being spoiled.

I support true form Midna and I will leave it at that. . .

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
lol even though i voted to not have her in ill make a moveset since i didnt see one (but i wasnt looking much)

A- Her red hand slashes you.
AA- Her red hand slashes you AGAIN!
AAA- yet again she slashes but in an upward motion.
B- Creates a circle around her ( you cant move) and all enemies inside cant move. Once you let go of B she slashes her red hand in a large circle.
B>- Fires a dark blast forward (is a tad slow)
B^- teleports upward.
Bv- Transforms into the big monster form for 1 minute. Attacks are strengthened and weighs much heavier. Once the minute is up she returns to normal and is stunned for 30 seconds (being hit stops it)
A>- hand stretches forward doing dmg.
Av- Dark energy circles her.
A^- hand flails around 3 times above her.
Nair- spins around with hand out.
Bair- hand reaches back and slashes.
Fair- Energy surges infront of her.
Dair- puts her big rede hand down and lands on it.
Throws- does the thing around opponent (the thing that she does when she wants to teleport an item to the twilight zone.) and tosses the player.

Thats all i can think of...

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
And also remember that Zelda being Sheik is a spoiler to Ocarina of Time, but she was put like that in Melee.

About the moveset, it doesn't sound bad. But a 30 seconds lag is like way too much.:dizzy:

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
You also gotta remember that Ocarina came out about, three years before Melee?

Midna/WolfLink would be nice. But Midna SOLO, with the ability to call WolfLink to fight together would be better. Especially if BOTH movesets were good.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
We'll see what happens. WHENEVER the freaking game comes out. :p

I would like both to be in, but I'm just afraid that they'd **** it up if they did midna solo. She's so small and boring alone. Midna/Wolflink are awesome together though.

but...

OMG 2 LINKZ ITS DUH END OF DUH WORDL! SUM1 ELTS DESERVS THE SPOT!

Top Bottom