• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The One-and-only-London-Thread thread - Updates on first post

Retroking2000

Smash Master
Edwin...I heard you keep "running away from battles" and you need to "MAN UP"

Not my words..LOL
Hmmm ... ok who exactly told you Pdot xP i haven't been running away is just i am tired and also working on my marth metagame and i will be also MM you and Pro if he is not too chicken to come :p dont get me wrong i want to go to those spkzzz fests but i have been too busy and just overlooking them but i am 100 % committed to go on sat

pdot MM 1 pound ;P

Pro MM 2 pounds
;P

PEACE .. see everyone on sat

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Hm, lets discuss on sat ^_^

Anyone wanna come to mine tommorow?
+ If anyone knows any local venues/possible venues check for me the price per hour and see if 13/27th october are free (both are saturdays), id really appreciate it

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
doubt it, i might change my mind though

FrostByte

Smash Lord
I will probably be there, if I don't have anything else doing. I think we should just scrap the weekly fests and just do monthlies like we used to, or would have done if LMT monthlies worked out and the most recent wasn't pushed from March to TBC.

1) Not everybody has money to travel every week and pay for a toueney every week.
2) People have things to do and won't be able to make some. It's like there's different people every week.
3) We know you love your fests Charles, but nobody plays seriously in friendlies unless they're pissed off. If not a tourney, then a one without money
4) A lot of us are getting ready to resume education, that's another reason why I think monthlies would be better.

I think it's obvious weeklys won't work out with such a small amount of regulars.

What does the rest of London think?

Kman25

Smash Ace
I will probably be there, if I don't have anything else doing. I think we should just scrap the weekly fests and just do monthlies like we used to, or would have done if LMT monthlies worked out and the most recent wasn't pushed from March to TBC.

1) Not everybody has money to travel every week and pay for a toueney every week.
2) People have things to do and won't be able to make some. It's like there's different people every week.
3) We know you love your fests Charles, but nobody plays seriously in friendlies unless they're pissed off. If not a tourney, then a one without money
4) A lot of us are getting ready to resume education, that's another reason why I think monthlies would be better.

I think it's obvious weeklys won't work out with such a small amount of regulars.

I agree with every point, Monthlies would make life so much easier, Because there would be no way I could travel from Middlesex to Barkingside every week. Im about to start Uni next week and I very much doubt I would get time but monthlies does give me a better chance of appearing more. And personally I think the tournies should be free but that is my opinion once again, I just feel it would make life easier for everyone if it was.

And about tommorow, Im not sure if I am depends what happens to me tommorow.

Retroking2000

Smash Master

Yeah you are right frosty the snowman it would be much affordable if we went to that alternative and plus the monthlies would be prepared and well organized and definite confirmation of all the ppl that would be going and such
Especially all the smashers still in academia LOL
I hope everyone will get better in time for SMASH GT

MikeMan445

Smash Journeyman
I am hearing all this about monthlies and crying on the inside :(

I'm in London for the first time this month, on a business training trip, and I'd love to be able to smash with some of you at some point. If this turns into a monthly I might not get the chance! If anyone wants to smash one of the weekends in september and lives in London, let me know!

I'm from new jersey and completely new to the country... I didn't bring my controller, so I'd have to borrow one, but I'd still love to smash at one point. I don't have a cell phone, but I have a calling card so I can make outgoing calls, so if anyone wants to give me their contact info that'd be awesome :)

I'm excited to meet and smash with you londoners!!! I am put up in Holburn and am free most weekends. I go back to the states on october 5th.

Let me know!

edit: september, not december

Retroking2000

Smash Master

I'm in London for the first time this month, on a business training trip, and I'd love to be able to smash with some of you at some point. If this turns into a monthly I might not get the chance! If anyone wants to smash one of the weekends in september and lives in London, let me know!

I'm from new jersey and completely new to the country... I didn't bring my controller, so I'd have to borrow one, but I'd still love to smash at one point. I don't have a cell phone, but I have a calling card so I can make outgoing calls, so if anyone wants to give me their contact info that'd be awesome :)

I'm excited to meet and smash with you londoners!!! I am put up in Holburn and am free most weekends. I go back to the states on october 5th.

Let me know!

I would very like to play with you MikeMan445 i am sure i am not the only one in London that feels the same way . I am sure that we can arrange a get together or something . Not everyday that a American comes too play smash with us :) and a chance to make international friends and such . Anyway if no one is piled up in academia we will consider it .

Contacts
Frostbyte : 07949458714
Fuzzyness : 07847740609

Hope we can get in touch

Professor Pro

Smash Legend

Let me know!

I would like to play you iswell. you should try to go spkz house for smashfest PM him to see when you can go round

nesstee

Smash Apprentice
lol @ the quadruple post.....seriously though learn to use the edit button >_>
I am also up to smash most weekends, academia or not >_> though the GF is steadily encroaching on my smash time..>_<

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
ooh nice sig..

why isn't link in there

spKz

Smash Ace
yo guys get to mine this sat for smashfest with special guest mike all the way from USA. lol, get here for 12. Mike ill pm you.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Me and pro are gonna be recordin vids today..what happened to that london video thread?

Imperial Wraith

Smash Journeyman
Hey spkz, mind if me and some mates come? Most are pretty competent smashers, but some are enthusiastic about smash, but don't really measure up skill wise :p

What time should the fest start/run to?

I can bring cubes + smash as well if you need.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
Hey spkz, mind if me and some mates come? Most are pretty competent smashers, but some are enthusiastic about smash, but don't really measure up skill wise :p

What time should the fest start/run to?

I can bring cubes + smash as well if you need.
Imperial Wraith i need to marth Ditto you badly and also spkzz is welcomed to any time you come
but i would suggest around 10 - 12 am and hopefully we can get enough smashers and cubes
and Spkzz is V3x? gonna be there because having a fox ditto with him is just too good since I am not spkzz unfortunately :( my 2 cents wouldn't matter much

Imperial Wraith

Smash Journeyman
Lawl, sure thing man. Ps. I don't main Marth anymore :p Im a Flaco guy now, havn't played Marth in a while :p

Ill practice up a bit though, hope to play you soon lol.

We'll probably been there at 12:30 or summat, unless thats too late?

Top Bottom