• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The One-and-only-London-Thread thread - Updates on first post

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Cos I dont do anything on sundays. Most saturdays there are things to do.

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
Yo peeps!

Everyone invited to smashfest at spkz on the saturday, we're gunu be hosting somin just incase there's a problem with sunday. depending on turn up we will run a tourney, if not, we will use this time for Practice games for charles's if hosts one ^__^

I'm uploading the converted vids now! :o so i'll let you know when they're all up :D

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Ok, im back in england on saturday 12 in the afternoon, i could come to the smashfest but i'll be prob tired haha but anyway ill try. And YES theres a smashfest at mine on sunday

Im 3 weeks out of practise woot!

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
Excellent news man! excellent! Try and get everyone you can to come, like i said i'll definately be coming to yours as well as craigs! The more the merrier! Wanna get some more fox dittos in charles ^^ lol

craiigg

Smash Lord
sundays ftw : D not this sunday for me cause its my 18th etc : D!
but well done charles'z make more sundays otherwise more ownage on ssb64 for you son xD

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
LOL

Frost reply to this as soon as possible, or Spkz. I might wanna play in the evening at like 7pm or 8pm on sat so if your interested leave a message and ill call you when i get to england at my house at like 3/4pm

FrostByte

Smash Lord
You can come at thiat time, but we usually leave Craig's around 9:15 to get the 9:32 train. I think you might be able to stay over at his, not sure.

J03

Smash Master
frosty vs charles for london title. needs to be done. my moneys on charlie-boy to take this set but for frosty to come back with a vengance!

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
is sunday a tourny or just a smashfest?

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
Spkz here:

Charles - Welcome to stay as usual ^_^

Owna - Yeah smash is on at mine for definate - bring your monies!

Everyone else - Get here at the usual time; 12ish. Depending on turnout, pools will start around 1, teams if there's enough time.

Other than that, see everyone tomorrow!

Laterz

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
Soz for double post, wont let me edit for some reason.

BRING CUBES + SMASH!!!! WE ONLY HAVE ONE THIS TIME!! =/

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
i feel so ill right now lmao, in dubai at got some stupid jetlag + tired sugar rush mix >_>. Anyway maybe saturday night if im up for anything ill call you guys but i wont be home till like 5/6pm. Sunday is all good

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
Craig here (spkz)

seeing if anyone want to play smash tomoro ^__^ if you are interested then let me know coz depending on the location of the majority then we will host it either at Charles's (fuzzy) or at mine ^___^

if you want then we can do a money oriented tourney ^__^ well let me know.

You can also call me on 07772008884 @ craig ^___^

FrostByte

Smash Lord
TBH London's not ready for this much smash, though everyone that comes to the tournies have gotten times better. Time to up the levels again?

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
Spkz here:

Londoners! Need to stop flaking and be more consistant on showing up at tourneys/smash fests! You take the game seriously and play competitivly yet you lack the dedication to show up at smashfests/tourneys weather big or small.

For the last month i've hosted smashfests every weekend and out of about 30people there have been 4 consistant that have shown up each time without fail. Including host!

I can understand peope not showing up on weekdays due to work/college/plans etc but everyone has saturdays free. And if this is such a problem i cant always re-arrange to sundays, but i know people work and have plans on sundays.

I will be hosting a tourney this sat 1st september

I expect to see all competative players this weekend, if you dont show, i'll take it you're not taking the game seriously and not a serious player. This weekend IS A TOURNAMENT, so bring money, MIN FIVE POUNDS

So far i have two cubes and two TV's. (Possibly 3rd depending on arrangements)

Expecting such a large turn out, we'll obviously need more than two setups. Anyone who can bring TVs, gamecubes, smash etc BRING THEM!

My capture card is faulty at the moment, i think one of the pins are broken. I'm trying to fix it at the moment or get a new one depending on money. So there may be a possibility that i may not be able to record this saturday. Anyone who can bring cam corders/PCI capture cards/tv cards are very welcome to.

On a final note; Me and charles are planning a large tourney maybe international so we need people to man up and stop flaking. It just shows UK does not have the comitment to play this game seriously and will not be taken seriously by an other countries that play this game whom have taken this game to the next level, leaving us lagging behind.

Sorry for long post, needs to be said. All that aside, see you on saturday

Craig,

EDIT: I'm free tomorrow, so anyone who wants to have some practise/training etc for this weekend, is welcome to come round. Paul might be here so just turn up anytime you want. (past noon ^_^)

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
I'll be there hopefully but I think this will be my last for a while..

Need to prepare for Uni and stuff.

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
w00t. I'll definately be there! With holidays I've had a little break from smash, but now am back and ready to level up!

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
R&F better come
Lol we been there nearly every tym! The only weekend we flaked recently was the one just gone but that was due to pre carnival events on sat carnival on sunday and on monday! Other than that we'l be there unless we are hit by a bus....
:laugh:

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
hey BB, you should come down on sat..

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
4 people? spkz, v3x?, owna, spam, ouch, pdot, ppro, fuzzy, nexus, bronze have all just pretty much said they are coming. Plus people that are often around and there should be 20 at the least....but yeah, you could make it +1 more BB!

FrostByte

Smash Lord
I will try my best to be there, and hopefully somebody will be able to knock me out and claim 1st place! I'll also try to get Chrisboi and Retroflaker.

I was thinkng of sticking with bi-weeklies or even monthlies just so everyone doesn't have to take so much in so quickly. Last week I had to face Ppro twice in a row. How must that feel.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Ok..this is important, im planning to host on 5/6th on january (big tourney) so who can bring definite t.v's. Whoever states they can bring must be definite and a specific quantity.

- Spkz and Vex how many t.v's?
- R&F how many t.v's?
- Any other londoners any t.v's?
- Yeovil crew t.v's possibly?
- Newcastle/glasgow lot any t.v's?

FrostByte

Smash Lord
I will be able to bring 1 if someone wants to pick it up for me/will be driving at that time.

Dunno if I can make Saturday actually, My Sister's probably having a bday party. Anything for Sunday?

v3x?

Smash Journeyman
Between myself and spkz we have 3 tvs in good standing. Then the fourth would be that one that ****s up all the time so not sure about that one for a proper tourney.

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Ok..this is important, im planning to host on 5/6th on january (big tourney) so who can bring definite t.v's. Whoever states they can bring must be definite and a specific quantity.

- Spkz and Vex how many t.v's?
- R&F how many t.v's?
- Any other londoners any t.v's?
- Yeovil crew t.v's possibly?
- Newcastle/glasgow lot any t.v's?
U should make a new tourney thread for this! The only outside of London smashers i ever see post in here is Jo3 and Bullet Bill so the rest might not even look in here to answer ur question. Il chat to R&F and get bk to u with numbers of tvs anywho!

Top Bottom