• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The One-and-only-London-Thread thread - Updates on first post

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
I say Melee is g@y because at our level, its a 100% execution game. I say Brawl is **** because it needs a freaking balance check but thinking it through, I think Brawl is better at our level because of having nothing to learn, it immediately puts your brain to work

FrostByte

Smash Lord
I say Melee is g@y because at our level, its a 100% execution game.
It's 40% prediction, 10% reaction and 50% punishment.

I say Brawl is **** because it needs a freaking balance check but thinking it through, I think Brawl is better at our level because of having nothing to learn, it immediately puts your brain to work
Brawl is shit for reasons other than this. Prediction/punishment ratio is too small on the punishment side.

Maybe it's becase your ICs rely on a basic layer of predictions that works well on certain characters but not on others. I don't blame you though, I know nothing about how to counter counters with ICs and nor does hardly anyone else in Europe

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
Ok maybe I went overboard, how does 80% execution and 20%mindgames sound (Execution means comboing, doing SHFFL's, Technicals, wavedashes without flopping etc) (Mindgames mean intelligent guesses)

Maybe its cause im used to other 2D fighters where your supposed to throw stuff thats punishable, I dont know how it works in smash anymore though.

But yeah both these games needs a balance check, buit obviously no one will do it since nintendo themselves dont care about the hardcore fans.

I like Brawl and Melee dont get me wrong, its just I cant really 'play' them anymore. Playing Smash nonstop has never given me a headache before but playing 2 hours of Melty hits me x_x (could be because im Chrisboi level at Smash)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Brawl is an awesome game. Everybody that went to TKI knows it
Thats because they all sucked which is the reason why they went there, with a few exceptions

Ok maybe I went overboard, how does 80% execution and 20%mindgames sound (Execution means comboing, doing SHFFL's, Technicals, wavedashes without flopping etc) (Mindgames mean intelligent guesses)

Maybe its cause im used to other 2D fighters where your supposed to throw stuff thats punishable, I dont know how it works in smash anymore though.

But yeah both these games needs a balance check, buit obviously no one will do it since nintendo themselves dont care about the hardcore fans.

I like Brawl and Melee dont get me wrong, its just I cant really 'play' them anymore. Playing Smash nonstop has never given me a headache before but playing 2 hours of Melty hits me x_x (could be because im Chrisboi level at Smash)
If you dont know how things work in smash anymore and dont play it anymore, dont be part of the situation anymore.
I read too much about melty blood in this thread, i'm sorry but it has to go, NO-ONE cares and I speak for everyone on that, even if you dont want to be part of it im speaking for you.

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
Well I still play it, I just dont 'PLAY' it, if you know what i mean, since I played like yesterday

I was just giving my input, since ive got nothing better to do, all the people I hang with are at *random persons* birthday

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well I still play it, I just dont 'PLAY' it, if you know what i mean, since I played like yesterday

I was just giving my input, since ive got nothing better to do, all the people I hang with are at *random persons* birthday
Well it seems like a lot of the points you put in about smash are wrong or twisted to your advantage.

looool at you having no friends to be with because there out having fun, sounds kinda lonely, sounds kinda sad.

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
Well I aint going to random mans birthdays without knowing who they are am I. What points about smash did I say where wrong? And twisting evidence to your advantage is something you cant do, youd probably just say, 'insert whatever' is ****, smash is the best with little back yourself up with

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well I aint going to random mans birthdays without knowing who they are am I. What points about smash did I say where wrong? And twisting evidence to your advantage is something you cant do, youd probably just say, 'insert whatever' is ****, smash is the best with little back yourself up with
Then stay at home and be bored and lonely, no1s forcing you to go are they??? or find your own friends... if you go to a shubz you dont need to know the person, but you dont know what that is loool and even if you do you would feel uncomfortable around girls so you wouldnt go.
Anyone can twist evidence but when you twist it, most of the time it becomes detatched to the fact. I would go back and see what you said which I feel is wrong but cant be bothered to go around finding your old posts and i didn't understand that last bit you said. Beg man correct yourself.

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
Your too lazy to look up a few posts that are on this page?

Instead of aurguing why you think smash is so good, you just say 'whatever is happening' is ****.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Your too lazy to look up a few posts that are on this page?
No there not :).

Instead of aurguing why you think smash is so good, you just say 'whatever is happening' is ****.
I say 'whatever is happening' is ****..... you chat ****. I'm typing write now im not callin that ****, I am also watching a film I am not calling that **** sooo give me an example please so I can understand what you are talking about lool dummy

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Whatever the subject is, like 'melty is ****' 'street fighter is ****' 'GG is ****' err... 'pokemon is ****'
Ummm no your just an idiot. The only games you heard me say anything negative about at all is them dumb anime games like melty blood and that very dumb game you should us the other day when you copied and pasted a picture of it and things were flyings around...and brawl, I think street fighter is good and so is pokemon, you fail you know nothing, this is an example of you twisting stuff to your advantage which equals in it avoiding the truth. Your IQ is not high and it is a insult to my high IQ while conversating with you.

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
And that makes it dumb? The layout is exactly the same as smash, 2D. The fighting's too deep for you to understand, and GFX...yeah their **** but not too fussed about it

Touhou, the shooting game.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
And that makes it dumb? The layout is exactly the same as smash, 2D. The fighting's too deep for you to understand, and GFX...yeah their **** but not too fussed about it
Yeah they are both from one point of view by I dont like how it looks on MB and I haven't seen platforms on MB so from my knowledge they are not the same. I dont want to understand the fighting, I dont like the look of it, I dont like the fighting in it, end of lol.

craiigg

Smash Lord
lmao i ****ing love prof, frozen you can't come in here and try and back up 2d fighters in a forum dedicated to smash. goto neoempire for that cause i dont exactly wanna read 5 posts in here everytime i come on about some **** i dont even care about

VA is right, im jealous he went to canada at least they have the strength and unity to keep both scenes alive, the UK is proving terrible to keep it's scene alive. Ed (not edds) and Aiko are the only ones i've seen that seem determined to keep us up. Yeah it's for brawl and I don't really like it but i can atleast admire it

I don't HATE brawl, I'm just bored of it and don't think it deserves any of the hype it gets
I've got it and i play it only when i have nothing to do. I'm no means **** at it but I think this is a game where you can only progress so far, it doesn't have the limitless quantities of melee which made me love smash so much

The only reason I'll think of attending a brawl tourney is because of the people there.

Btw Koop, nice first impression lol <3 Im not **** at Brawl if we do meet ill play you n__n

As far as this post is going, i'm done rambling. Just all of you man the **** up and get our scene running
Edwin stop posting **** cause VA is right to embarass you
Edds be nice, you seem a little hostile against the melee crowd lol look what happened xD
Frozen gtfo
Frost, Charles and TailsChao, keep this **** alive =) <3

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
'I don't HATE brawl, I'm just bored of it and don't think it deserves any of the hype it gets'

Word

'The only reason I'll think of attending a brawl tourney is because of the people there.'

Word

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Brawl is a fun game to play with friends and not on a competitive level and I'm glad there arent many game changing advanced techniques cos then i'd just own em like in melee which was boring

Melty Blood is the ****, prof you havent even played it.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Brawl is a fun game to play with friends and not on a competitive level and I'm glad there arent many game changing advanced techniques cos then i'd just own em like in melee which was boring

Melty Blood is the ****, prof you havent even played it.
You owned nothin in melee, you just lost.

I played it once at spkz, kinda boring. Even if I haven't played it I could still look at it and call it ****, i'm sure you have done that many times when you have walked into a shop and looked at games.

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
Im talking about gameplay, the thing is, Street fighter LOOKS **** and plays very good (that laughing girl pic was just there...to laugh at you ppro)

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Ya I got finished by edwin

You owned nothin in melee, you just lost.

I played it once at spkz, kinda boring. Even if I haven't played it I could still look at it and call it ****, i'm sure you have done that many times when you have walked into a shop and looked at games.
Lol not really, I'll look at it and think its not of my interest

I won't go telling people that play it that its a **** game.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
haha . prof you cant go saying that . truthfully you weren't that good at melee either . the only person that is good at melee is fuzzyness since he dominates UK tourneys thats it . >__> unfortunately . when i played pdot he is actually good at brawl . you played it once aaron you cant base one experience out of a opinion , i think you would be good at brawl if you played brawl . this community is too far behind in melee to be good at it i would say that everyone in the uK is just average .

VA

Smash Hero
duh duh duh

edwin rains down justice truth on the UK and professor pro. as long as this **** is going down: would I be wrong in saying that Charles came 20 something in the big Europe tournament, as far as I am aware this was equal with zeppo. has charles ever proven himself in europe? the thing is, you can't properly understand how **** the UK is without playing some international smashers. our top 2 (charles and Z) don't have much between them.

the tier of smashers goes soemthing like this:

God tier:
Charles
Zeppo

gay tier:
frost
edwin

everyone else (randomly ordered):
mr_p
me
pro
Reacher maybe?

There isn't much between any of these players...

chris H

Smash Journeyman
that may be true but robby melee is a old game and most smashers don't want to play it no more because the like ssbb now in ssbb list

finishing tier
chrisboi
edwin
frost

gay tier
charles

**** tier
VA
pro
pdot
Zeppo

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Not really, I just think some of us do better against others. I do better against Charles than I do Z sometimes, Charles does better against Z than me or whatever. Edwin fluctuates a lot, either ***** or doesn't do well against the rest of us.

Mr P

Smash Ace
I dont think there are tiers to the players in the uk but i think there is a gradual gap in skill between players.

Charles is obv first
Zeppo is not as far behind as charles thinks he is
Frost is just below both of them

Things get a little well less defined at this point because edwin is obv up there but hes only been at one tournie, same thing goes to davemans for sure and prof pro. Also in that mix of players is myself reacher VA and jam. It would be silly to pick between any of us for position because half of us havent even played eachother, which goes to show that there is still a lot of room for development in UK if we were to have more regular melee tournies. Believe it or not i have never played Charles in tournie and ive only played frost once in a pools match., most of my losses go to reacher or zeppo who are both in my own crew. There is far from any sort of settled hierarchy of players in the UK and melee could be far from "stagnant", if we want it to be successful then it still can be. Are people getting bored of brawl yet ? I sure am

Top Bottom