• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OMG FiZZ is back Stupendous "Critique my Lucario" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
@Steamy

Where is your UTilt? Lucario on the ground beats ROB in the air.

Lucario in the air once you've worn down his shield a bit > ROB on the ground.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Alrite....well played matches. Let's see here, in the Snake match I liked how you didn't spam f-smash but waited patiently to use it. Good feat. to have in that match-up because you don't wanna get punished for an empty f-smash. You kept juggling Snake which was good cause you don't want him on the ground. So major kudos in this video. I know i still have trouble with the Snake match-up so i'm kinda envious at you, lol.

As for the Falco match, a few errors were made. You shot ur AS rite in front of Falco which is a big no no, and of course it cost you a stock and almost 2. Another thing saw in this match that you didn't do was punish properly. In this case, where Falco phantasm canceled in front of you he could get to the ledge to recover you didn't f-smash but instead hesitated 2x and went for grabs that missed. Try to be more attentive when situations like that rise. Overall you did good with powershielding the lasers and juggling Falco for damage.

So far ur Lucario is solid. Keep it up. :)
Lol I missed this completely! Thank you so much for the reviewing! :bee:

I have five more matches uploaded:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVwdVvJLF-E&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkDmU2F73RY&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7jj5qnIEMM&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hymMVJihlY&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwr2IK4Utdc

If anything comes up to your mind about these matches please comment :]

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
k I suck lol but all of you on this page get the "SCIENCE! special" anyways.

@Stealth
gotta use more jab when you're next to TL, you get more reward & damage being closer to him. If you're getting batted away by nair/zair it means you aren't mixing it up in the air, or are approaching predictably, mix in some AD or zone vertically (and juggle). Uair can get a nice punish on a TL, which you'll need to do since catching his landing isn't simple. aerial oos the occasional nair, use dair a tad more, it's good you don't have a habit with this move, but dair stall for recovering would've been a good thing to add in case he was smarter than throwing upB as an edgeguard (lol, I'm sure mjg could do better, he's pretty decent). Also decent shield pressure against TL, make sure you're careful about crossing up though. Don't roll on platforms all the time, the ground is a little harder, but since you have more control over your punishment when you perform an aerial, he could punish it more easily if he reads it. Great use of BAS, decent spacing in the air (just need to work on using aerials themselves), and I would say your ground game is what you need to work on most.

@Steam:
DON'T GO AUTOPILOT and land near ROB when you don't see it working, you kept getting chewed up from grabs and aerials. If you're going to AD, cross up with it, you usually don't want to AD in front unless you predict an aerial or a smash/attack is being preemptively initiated. Usually this is the result of your zoning being broken down, and at the same time it's merely because you were punished for not keeping pressure or planting yourself on the ground enough. Impliment more jab into your game, using jab is really key against anyone with walling tilts because their ftilts/dtilts become slightly more limited when you know how to wait for them (also hard, more of getting a player mistake). It also helps get those grabs you kept going for, since shield grabbing wasn't getting the job done (he kept baiting you and punishing with things like throws and ftilt when you tried). Try doing more mixups upon landing even when you aren't in a bad position like fair -> retreating AD so that he can't just bair you, or DJ -> immediate dair, etc. One habit that I'd like to note that you THANKFULLY don't have is rolling while ROB's initiating a rear-facing jump, because a lot of lucarios try to use their roll only to get baired >_< Generally you'll want to do more waiting, this is unfortunately made hard by ROB's annoying projectiles, but when you lost your second stock I think it would've been better to charge AS near him then maybe throw it, if not you at least had a pocketed AS, the issue was that you were charging into a frame-trap "footsie" since ROB's nair tends to throw off a lot of people, and that gyro was definitely going to make him much safer. Good read on the ROB "scrooging" for the kill lol, lots of lucarios need to realize that even though ROB isn't easy to edgeguard, it's still doable and pretty rewarding when you know how to pick up on the habits. your retreating AS habit is kinda predictable and though he didn't succesfully capitalize on it, both that and your panic rolls on a couple of instances should be worked on. You guys play a lot, don't you? You seem to read him pretty well. I actually like your use of usmash, although I always don't like this move (especially against nair/bair/fair <_<)

edit: youtube went down for me :(

more later for the rest

Browny

Smash Hater
hmmmmm

0:15 I wouldnt go for jab-grab combos when you are both at low% since if you mess up, youre gonna be the one getting combo'd cheaply.
0:17 grabbing a fair? that wont work ever if rob spaces it right
0:21 not charging up an AS while rob charges laser?
0:42 I would have done a dair through the platform
1:05 That nair was pretty obvious. a utilt oos would have hit him or maybe pushed him off the platform.
1:20 Get to that edge in fsmash range, you dont threaten rob at all from that range
1:43 more time spent doing nothing, either charge an AS or spam uair, force a reaction from him
1:52 :mad:
2:26 see what happens when you pressure him and have an FCAS?
2:33 furry ****
2:49 this was good... you could react to anything rob did to dodge the AS and punish, unlucky that the platform got in the way
3:02 I know how annoying that feels when dair FF's and you die because of it :( Ive had similar cr@p happen on the same stage due to the slanted edges, I dont like lylat because of it lol.
3:12 low % fthrow? Im guessing that was just a mistake.... at any rate fthrow really shouldnt be coming out by accident, all other throws are much more useful vs rob.
3:47 not this again lol
4:36 :mad: at least you got away with the win, would have been a little unforgiveable if he landed and KO'd you coz of a lack of pressure

The_Rake

Smash Lord
This is a Bo5 played against K.Mac (meta) done at a fest last week. The whole point of this was for a uk tier placement which anaky and calzorz put together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSTWvqZwXCk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeCKrrLsP6o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfUCx5Vhcok (i know its stupid to take meta here cos hes bettert than us here but its my personal fav stage)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoGfdUvQHzE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dnjokrf-lk

throught the whole match there was extreme hype, almost all of the UKs best players were at the fest and watching the match, calzorz (uk no1) was giving kmac advice, like time him out on some of the stages (hence his lack of approaching) and there was also immense comments like "how do you di" when he died on frigate

yes, i know i spaced the fsmash after the shield break bad, easy to forget the range lol xD

I admit there was a lot of panicking on my part throughout the match, partially due to me really not wanting to lose as theres been a bit of a rivalry with me and Kmac and i was having a lot of trouble landing fair>nair>followup combos on him. Just bear these in mind when giving critique

Steam

Smash Hero
Thanks for the feed back phil. Based on that you prolly watched the first one. I've fixed some of those habits now as the 2nd is about 3 months newer. However I occaisionally will fall into the same traps >.>. not nearly as often as before though. and yes we do play a lot lul. Very annoying MU when the RoB knows it.

recently I've been mixing up approaches with Broversals and sometimes getting free AS's on people who try to swat me. Even rolling at them is an allright mix-up sometimes i've found. I also think Luc's bair is pretty good against RoB since it can poke through his spacing and is safer than his other options. I kinda thing bair is underrated in general.

@Browny- will watch/review when I'm not on wii-net =S

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Moar critiques:
@ Vaxtin: *sighs* wifi... I would say space better, but in wifi spacing goes out the window. That being said, against Ness you should probably jab more, this move is amazing, and every time I saw a fsmash I saw a better opportunity to use that jab instead b/c of shielding, and you want to keep it fresh for the kill if you're reading your opponent that much with it. It also gives you grabs from jab canceling, grabs on Ness equals good (for one, you're guaranteed another dash grab or the easiest move you can do is FP immediately after release. Your ground game needs a bit of work, but then again, some of it could be attributed to lag. Put more pressure on him, throwing out aerials just to make a move or hoping for him to run into them, against someone as aerially proficient as Ness is asking to get punished. Get in close, shield if you think he's going to fair/nair, then assess what you might want to do next, if he DJs, try for the uair, even if he tries an occasional dair trap, you'll still get the hit through guaranteed. Don't make yourself vulnerable on landing, if that ness wised up he would've saved his bthrow for when you were at 130% or so then killed you with a fresh one upon your landing. Get more intuitive and thinking about ways to work around him, make him make a move that you can manage.
I'm not sure I should critique your bowser match, pretty obvious it wasn't your best game, you SD'd and lagged all over. Don't stand on a platform, don't land with fair (especially if he's shielding), don't make mistakes around the ledge, avoid being near his shield for too long and making mistakes, otherwise you get grab release combo'd, upB'd, or occasionally sideB'd for some fast painful damage. Space against him, if you happen to see him use klaw hopping more often, back away and shoot some BAS since he can't AD when he commits to it, and space fsmash more near the ledge, it absolutely ***** big characters as a ledgeguard option.
TL is tough online. you can't do as much powershielding on the ground, so when he's using projectiles, you have to take to the air more, control the space so that he can't get an easy bair/nair out to punish without risking getting hit, and cover landings so that zair doesn't nick you. Jab, jab and more jab, this move is essential for beefing out on damage on TL once on the ground, it also ***** bad spotdodge habits that most TLs pick up since their spotdodge is good framewise. vertically zone him up with dair, fair and uair while avoiding uair and usmash when he's going for the kill, and don't land predictably or lazily, you'll get finished far quicker against good TL's when they capitalize on that.
I would advise against using DT in your matches as a whole, it's a hard move to use and often there are more rewarding while less risky options out to pick from in a similar situation. You should work on picking up more games and getting a handle on more of your options and not playing "lazy", but putting thought and method in your moves. Also if possible, hook up with your local smash scene, offline can make you get leaps and bounds better than online play.

Pivot

Godfather
3DS FC
4742-5223-3550
The Rake:

I'm new to Luc but I think I can help as I've read many guides on him and his physics. I think you need to practice your mind games, I didn't see you do them much in your matches. Also, be a little more active. When you knock him off the edge don't just sit in the middle and wait for him to come back up. Luc's best in air so it'd be a good idea to get your opponent in the interval when he's in-range to hit but he's not on the edge invincibility frames yet. I like your use of the AS's, although Luc lags a teensy bit after usage and he managed to rack up some damage on you in that time. You're really good at using your dair, I think you should use that a little more often. Also, when possible aim your special jump to the ground to reduce lag because he punished you for that. I like the aggression and I don't want to tell you to play more defensively, so you desperately need to use more mind games to utilize offensive defense and such.

Must of this critique was on your match with the pink Meta. The 1st match. I hope I helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom