• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~The Olimar Matchup Thread~Review: R.O.B. or someone~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
ok, play jiggz who knows how to stop olis camp(its honestly quite easy with jiggs) and tell me that, if you play a good jiggs your pikmin throw is almost useless, also, lets discuss mario

asob4

Smash Champion
i've played a good jiggz, and i completely prevented him from even getting in on me
which, as olimar, should be your main goal. the only characters who should be able to get into your zone are: luigi, MK

that's it
not jiggs. pivot grab more and you shouldn't have a problem

camping isn't just spamming >b, you should know this

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
i've played a good jiggz, and i completely prevented him from even getting in on me
which, as olimar, should be your main goal. the only characters who should be able to get into your zone are: luigi, MK

that's it
not jiggs. pivot grab more and you shouldn't have a problem

camping isn't just spamming >b, you should know this
jiggs can upair float forever, im just saying you underestimate jiggz that know what to do, anyways, lets discuss mario

asob4

Smash Champion
no, they can uair float for five jumps...
WAC past it if you're getting juggled, or uair from below
uair ***** all her aerials

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
no, they can uair float for five jumps...
WAC past it if you're getting juggled, or uair from below
uair ***** all her aerials
it feels like forever, and in a perfect world WAC would work but jigglies aerials are fast enough to where if shorthopped at 40 degrees you won't be WACing them 90% of the time and they can be spammed fast enough to a point where olimar can't WAC all of her aerials when spammed, thats what you gotta realize,

im not sure if that jiggs is aggressive or defensive or how good he really is in this matchup but WAC is not the best tool in this matchup, if jiggz gimps you once for a stock lead or gets a great % lead with her camping abilities and aerial prowess she can't be approached by oli with effectiveness normally while she can just play like the vietcong and do hit and run while oli can't,

and oli can't afford to lose stage control either or jiggs can shorthop fastfall grab to offstage gimp as well when you are near edge of any stage, our anti air moves fail against her because airdodge>up-b, float>up-b, float>u air, dair> aerials

in this matchup jiggly can take advantage of any shield pressure moves and abuse her floatiness and small size

oli can do punish MISTAKES whenever she gets close and hope we can do minimal damage with side-b,abuse her very short time on ground and hope we get any smash(besides white) at 80% or higher because will kill us while jiggs shouldn't be killing oli if not gimped until 120%

this matchup in simple terms will be based on who gets the stock/decent %lead first, if oli does with punishing any mistake jiggz makes oli will win with camping, if jiggz does by gimping/ playing like the vietcong(hit and run) then jiggz will win because she can camp oli effectively with her aerial mobility and great pikmin killer aerials

Fino

Smash Master
Is Olimar vs Ganondorf like 80:20 to Olimar?
Ganon boards said 95:5 last I checked.

Anyways dabuz.... you literally don't need to move in this matchup.

If jiggly approaches you... just utilt. Your utilt > all her aerials, and I believe it even beats out pound (someone check that). Also... her aerials aren't that fast... if she feints some fairs or bairs, you can easily sneak under with a usmash. Also... your fsmash > her SH approaches.

As soon as you hit her, just juggle with uairs and upsmashes, if not... any of your aerials. This is the problem when all olimars think is spam forward B and grab -_-' it's probably why we've had so much trouble with other match-ups because people don't realize how to play smart, because too many olimars follow the spam and grab theory... which only works against people who are too frustrated to get around it.

If you think jiggs is so bad, show a vid of a jiggs just ravaging an olimar, I want to see what you're talking about, because honestly... skank and I still think it's 70:30 - 75:25 olimar.

~Fino

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash

Ganon boards said 95:5 last I checked.

Anyways dabuz.... you literally don't need to move in this matchup.

If jiggly approaches you... just utilt. Your utilt > all her aerials, and I believe it even beats out pound (someone check that). Also... her aerials aren't that fast... if she feints some fairs or bairs, you can easily sneak under with a usmash. Also... your fsmash > her SH approaches.

As soon as you hit her, just juggle with uairs and upsmashes, if not... any of your aerials. This is the problem when all olimars think is spam forward B and grab -_-' it's probably why we've had so much trouble with other match-ups because people don't realize how to play smart, because too many olimars follow the spam and grab theory... which only works against people who are too frustrated to get around it.

If you think jiggs is so bad, show a vid of a jiggs just ravaging an olimar, I want to see what you're talking about, because honestly... skank and I still think it's 70:30 - 75:25 olimar.

~Fino
ok, maybe i do make it seem a little one sided, im saying it isn't 75:25, more like 60-40 oli>.> maybe the fact that i had no idea uptilt was so good for jiggs and i prefer to just punish all mistakes because i can't chase her in air is why, also, maybe i should note is that whites are the only pikmin that can really get through jiggs anti-pikmin camp somewhat

but still the problem is i try chasing jiggs in the air but she can float and get to high when she uses upair so quickly that getting the your upair to hit is hard, running under for upsmash is hard if jigg angles where she comes in right, the fact that jiggs for the most part can use all her aerial mobility to avoid oli and her dair just plain has beast priority so if they predict a shorthop aerial her dair can beat it out(along with lots of other oli moves, but know i gotta try the uptilt on it>.>)

a jiggs that knows how to get high in the air quick enough can't be chased with aerials or upsmashes in my experience except when they are falling which is still annoying to chase,

also, do you have any vids of this jig?, because I wanna see what i do SO wrong in that case if our experiences are so different

zumma: yeah, i kinda ***** one of the ganons so bad they decided on 95:5 >.<...if oli just camps ganon with pivots, side-b, shorthop fair here and there and up-b/up air depending on angle and height for any aerial approaches ganon has a really hard time getting anywhere near oli , and oli can super armor all ganon kill moves except choke->dsmash(which can be di out of if predicted)/ dtilt which requires different di to live which is basically ganons only truely reliable kill combos against oli

Fino

Smash Master
I'll try to get some jiggs players to play me, but the problem is that one of them lives in missouri, and the other is quitting brawl ;-;
meaning I'll have to raid the jiggs xat to find someone to play

I'm serious though.... don't move, you'll be fine ;D

I feel the wario match-up is the same when the wario is being aggressive in the air

~Fino

asob4

Smash Champion
you think i have money lmao

rich might be only because he goes to 818 like every ****ing day lol
me and awex are bout the same <3

asob4

Smash Champion
awex goes to large regionals
i don't

i haz no money to go to said regionals

i place 13th out of 243
neither rich or awex did that good :D (WGF)

but i still love them

asob4

Smash Champion
i'm sorry sudai <3

mario is more annoying than hard
his nair can be troublesome but pivotgrab pretty much beats any and all of his approaches

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
his nair can be troublesome but pivotgrab pretty much beats any and all of his approaches
Troublesome? LOL it wrecks ALL of Olimar's Pikmin attacks except U-air and the chain. If they approach from the right angle you cant pivot grab them either :( Oh yea it also beats Oli's U-tilt, not sure about our Nair though, but I would assume its the same.

People dont give Mario enough credit, if they can time their Nairs properly you will have a tough time even giving them damage, let alone killing them.

asob4

Smash Champion
i play with the 2nd best mario on the WC (dory) pretty **** often and i can safely say you can pivot grab all of his approaches.

it really is just annoying rather than difficult

you're just an idiot

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, if you can pivotgrab the turtle, you can pivotgrab anything, lol.

I guess we'll officially move on to Jiggs. I'm updating the OP.

edit:
also, me AND meow (best jiggz on WC) agree it is 70:30 - 75:25 oli's favor

i'm not joking when i say he's one of the best
here's him destroying a random IC's at WGF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE7v3APD6QM
That match wasn't that great. It looked more like he was playing around. The other dude didn't know what he was doin, lol.

asob4

Smash Champion
it was a tourney match >.>
and that's how he plays all the time
he like never touches the floor

also. it's a 3 stock, no person looks good in a 3 stock

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
it was a tourney match >.>
and that's how he plays all the time
he like never touches the floor

also. it's a 3 stock, no person looks good in a 3 stock
I don't doubt Meow is good with Puff, but just look at the IC the whole match. The only attacks he used were

fsmash- lots of fsmash
roll->dsmash
upsmash when Jiggs is above
dash attack if she's in front
ftilt once (probably on accident)
fair if Jiggs is high in the air.

That's it. No attempted grabs, desynchs, nada.
>.>

Anyways, I don't have a lot of experience against Jiggs. I guess I'll leave this to you guys...

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
if olimar has purples jiggs is going to have a hard time getting in

otherwise i can just pressure the corner above olimar and he can't do ****

jiggs ***** olimar off stage too, like it's absolute ****

i don't know what any of this means but just throwing that out there

Fino

Smash Master
I don't doubt Meow is good with Puff, but just look at the IC the whole match. The only attacks he used were

fsmash- lots of fsmash
roll->dsmash
upsmash when Jiggs is above
dash attack if she's in front
ftilt once (probably on accident)
fair if Jiggs is high in the air.

That's it. No attempted grabs, desynchs, nada.
>.>

Anyways, I don't have a lot of experience against Jiggs. I guess I'll leave this to you guys...
Yeah.... well looking at the moves he used you can tell he wasn't that great. dash attack is OKAY.... but fair against a jiggs?
fsmash, blizzard, squall hammer, iceblock, bair, uair, dtilt, grab.... those are the only attacks IC's have
otherwise i can just pressure the corner above olimar and he can't do ****

jiggs ***** olimar off stage too, like it's absolute ****

i don't know what any of this means but just throwing that out there
I lol'd... utilt > all of jiggly puffs viable approaches, cept for roll out, which we can GRAB or fsmash you out of.
It's like playing a slow sonic ^^;

Also, if you want to play me... I would love to see this absolute off stage ****, because none of the jiggs I've played have off stage ***** me any more than other characters would (i.e. I miss a whistle). if jiggs comes as olimar, you can just FF and tether, you can't really do anything, she's too slow to catch up to you and hit you (imo).
idk, it seems pointless arguing theory here, I vote we just play with some jiggz

~Fino

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
the fact that you want to play online automatically negates any argument you have

Fino

Smash Master
the fact that you want to play online automatically negates any argument you have
Aren't you a big baddie
playing online is the easiest way to keep up with character strategy and metagame. Why do you think people who play a lot online also do well in tournaments.... Andy G... Ally... ect

Sure, you get lag... and more lawlbrawl than you normally would, but I'm just hearing johns

~Fino

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
see, the fact that the jiggz was like pure offense and no defense makes your arguements negated, because im talking about pure defensive campy jiggz not some jigg that will charge you head on and basically let you take full advantage of many openings he leaves, fight a pure defensive jiggz please

asob4

Smash Champion
best defense vs oli is a good offense
why do you think he has trouble with overly aggressive characters?
NOBODIES DEFENSE STANDS A CHANCE VS OLI'S CAMP

except maybe falcos, cause he's gay

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
best defense vs oli is a good offense
why do you think he has trouble with overly aggressive characters?
NOBODIES DEFENSE STANDS A CHANCE VS OLI'S CAMP

except maybe falcos, cause he's gay
think about this, there are characters like wolf who can basically even out with oli in ability to cancel each others camp, kirby sometimes, pit sometimes,

jiggz is similar to wolf where she can just stop oli from doing any major camping damage and just camp herself because of that creating basically stalemates until the higher damaged person approaches, ive had it happen, im not talking about aggressive jiggz but defensive ones, fight a defensive jiggz that knows how jiggz can stop oli's camp with her defense then reply back to me

also, a few posts ago you just defended online and a while back you said online doesn't matter, kinda hypocritical(used for lack of remembering the other word)

asob4

Smash Champion
pound doesn't remove ones from her back or legs or something like that, all her aerials save for uair can't get them off her head
do you just not know how to approach? toss toss fair toss toss pivot grab toss toss
FH fairs really are **** in tons of match ups, especially this. it's too fast for jiggs to counter, especially when you do a rising one
also, uair more

it isnt hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom