• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Airdodging is actually faster than Bair because the airdodge, whilst lasting longer, starts earlier and ends three frames sooner than you'd finish a Bair (So sayeth the Japanese).

I thought Dair was the best though too : O

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Airdodging is actually faster than Bair because the airdodge, whilst lasting longer, starts earlier and ends three frames sooner than you'd finish a Bair (So sayeth the Japanese).

I thought Dair was the best though too : O
airdodge+smash side b

FTW

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Ìt depends on if it is a horizontal attack or a vertical attack. If it is horizontal, air dodge is best. If it is Vertical Dair is best.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait, I'm supposed to airdodge with Diddy?

Now I have to break my aerial habit to get my airdodge habit BACK. D:D:D:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
He is basically saying.

Imma airdodge, then use side b to get back to the stage, yo.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I said it a while ago but it needs repeating-

for momentum cancelling horizontally you

airdodge > double jump > smash Diddy hump

for momentum cancelling vertically

dair

dair auto fast falls, but all other aerials seem to work just as well (not sure if Diddy's body pivots when an aerial is performed, but that'd be definitive info if we could get our hands on it :O)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
How well does Diddy play on Pokemon Stadium 1, taking into consideration the transformations? good - neutral - bad?
It's long like FD. Certain transformations provide walls you can barrel into and cause explosions (Windmill, Fire Form the explosion reaches through it).

DFEAR

Smash Hero
man upb'n into hard objects while an opponent is near is beast :3

all innuendos intended

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
What is the frame data on Instant Throwing? I might have missed it, but I can't find it. I'd imagine it's on the lower end of a 5-10 frame spectrum, but that's just me.

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
how come when i try to instant catch/throw, sometimes i can do it, and sometimes it just goes into and airdodge and i cant throw?
it could be one of three things:
you input the cstick too early (exact time as the airdodge)
you input the cstick too late
the cstick input isnt read (didn't flick all the way)

the instant throw only works at the beginning frames of the airdodge, so timing is everything
make sure you dont hit them at the exact same time or you'll end up doing an aerial or just airdodging

DFEAR

Smash Hero
lol...instant throwin is a basic diddy at...

lets do some z catching at's now :p those are fun

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
lol...instant throwin is a basic diddy at...

lets do some z catching at's now :p those are fun
Every time I thought of instant throwing I thought of the grounded instant banana throw thing that ADHD or P1 (forget which) discovered along with single naner lock, where you run into a grounded banana, SH or FH, airdodge, and throw immediately after.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
That is instant throwing.
no. instant throwing and instant ground toss are two diff at's :\ but both used the same way :3

instead of doin ground toss i just press airdodge or bair really close to the ground and cancel the "catch lag" with a GT whether it be OoS or instant :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom