• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I would HIGHLY recommend you try to use a Gamecube or Classic controller if you are interested in getting seriously into a tournament scene. No C-Stick = almost no ability to do most techs.

EDIT: Unless you can Glide Toss with Shake Smash :troll:
Nooooope. It's easy to glide toss with wiimote.

I say go for it. It's more comfortable with wiichuck and depending on how you set your d-pad, you can do any tech in the game.

asportking

Smash Rookie
So I'm sort of getting used to the gamecube controller, but I was wondering how you guys would suggest approaching a toon link who's basically spamming boomerangs and arrows (and bombs if I get close enough). If I try to jump over them and come from above, he can often get me pretty easily, usually with his up-b or his u-smash.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
What is the thing that gives you guys the most trouble against MK when you are not holding a banana?

DOODE

Smash Cadet
getting hit offstage. wait thats with a naner also. um... nado is a lot more effective when I don't have a naner.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
What is the thing that gives you guys the most trouble against MK when you are not holding a banana?
when hes on the ground. playing the footsie game with me. he has fair/ftilt/dtilt as spacing tools and his ground walk is amazing while diddys safest zoning options are dtilt and walk. just hard when the mk is baiting the punishable, and u think well ill just outsmart him, and if you dont get the connect ur pretty much in a bad situation, but hey if you do land the confirm you got a banana : D hype

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
when hes on the ground. playing the footsie game with me. he has fair/ftilt/dtilt as spacing tools and his ground walk is amazing while diddys safest zoning options are dtilt and walk. just hard when the mk is baiting the punishable, and u think well ill just outsmart him, and if you dont get the connect ur pretty much in a bad situation, but hey if you do land the confirm you got a banana : D hype
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13100763#post13100763

This takes away most of the options you just mentioned. D-tilt gets shield grabbed. As long as they don't go for all three hits (most players that are throwing out spaced tilts don't) you can also punish F-tilt. This only leaves us with F-air to worry about.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i know its all the tilts are punishable...close up. but im talking about when they dtilt/ftilt out in the distance as a form of poking like a crouching medium kick from ryu, **** is dumb, but not as a form of getting in

when mks goin in/away they always use fair, i just crawl underneath that ****

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
kuro. clearly u dnt watch me play in sfl enough.
I no has car to drive down and see u and taylor and mvd :(

It's a shame. Cuz i have gas money to help car pool but no1 will do it! I would of tried to go tomorrow but i got work scheduled this weekend -.-

Player-1

Smash Legend
We're basing how good you are at this game based on how well you do against m2k? Okay lol, I took a game off of him, our ranked 6th player took multiple games off of him, reflex has beaten m2k before and took him to game 3-4 every time he plays him in finals. Lmao at you're ignorance bro

Inui logic + m2k as a market = jebus logic
:phone:

Player-1

Smash Legend
So I beat the sheik player today in pools, lost to reflex in pools game 3 last hittish, then reflex had to go and lose to sheik player 2-0 and made me get third seed >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom