• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-1

Smash Legend
No... No he's not. In Case you didn't know good spacing accounts for extended hurtboxs and such it's like 8
what 80% of spacing is lmao

:phone:

Player-1

Smash Legend
Lmao...

For issdi to work against quick attacks you have to predict when they'll hit the attack and if you guess wrong then you just do a random roll and eat an attack

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Lmao...

For issdi to work against quick attacks you have to predict when they'll hit the attack and if you guess wrong then you just do a random roll and eat an attack

It's an option select so it will always choose the best option for you. If he does tilt, you will get the grab even if he spaces perfectly and if he doesn't, you will roll away.

Player-1

Smash Legend
It's an option select so it will always choose the best option for you. If he does tilt, you will get the grab even if he spaces perfectly and if he doesn't, you will roll away.
I promise you a perfectly spaced ftilt will outrange diddys grab, and even if it doesnt you will still have to predict which ftilt he will stop at in order for it to work, same with his dtilt

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I promise you a perfectly spaced ftilt will outrange diddys grab, and even if it doesnt you will still have to predict which ftilt he will stop at in order for it to work, same with his dtilt

It won't. I tested it. The only tilt that he can do is the fast tilt and you can just bait and punish that one. The D-tilt gets punished no matter what.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UPGJ3YzkKs

DFEAR

Smash Hero
haha.

banana in hand against mk? haha! i LOVE the fact i can throw a banana as my only punish. hell yea that 4%.

or even better, give away my banana. **** yea.

or possibly the best, throw my banana so he can fair me and catch my banana LOVE THAT FEELING haha.

my favorite part is where a spaced mk tilt will poke my shield and cannot be grabbed WITHOUT being predicted. **** ****s easy. i read those 3-5 frame tilts all day apparently

man mk matchup is free as ****!
how could a diddy possibly lose

Vega4

Smash Ace
Just use MK. Ally does, and now he wins everything he plays. Only way to consistently beat MK (without a godly gameplay) is using MK...

PD: In my country we banned MK, so now we haven't those kind of problems, and hyppe in tournament has rised a lot :)

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Just use MK. Ally does, and now he wins everything he plays. Only way to consistently beat MK (without a godly gameplay) is using MK...
Good luck trying to beat pros using the most known character in the game

Vega4

Smash Ace
Good luck trying to beat pros using the most known character in the game
You will have more chances, tournament results have shown that, specially in USA.
Brawl will be more and more MK stuff if nothing changes.

PD: But like I said, in my country we erased the big problem, we didn't want to reach such a critical situation like the one that you have in the USA. Tournaments with 4 or more MK's in TOP10 can't be considered fun, that is killing the game...

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
You will have more chances, tournament results have shown that, specially in USA.
Brawl will be more and more MK stuff if nothing changes.

PD: But like I said, in my country we erased the big problem, we didn't want to reach such a critical situation like the one that you have in the USA. Tournaments with 4 or more MK's in TOP10 can't be considered fun, that is killing the game...
Those players are top players. It doesn't matter who they main. Get rid of dumb stages and you'll get rid of the problem

Kantrip

Kantplay
So Jebus, what IS the problem? If the right players are placing top 8, why do we need to remove stages? If we change the stages, will top players no longer place so high? I mean, if all those MK mains would still place high anyways, the stages can't be a problem.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
So Jebus, what IS the problem? If the right players are placing top 8, why do we need to remove stages? If we change the stages, will top players no longer place so high? I mean, if all those MK mains would still place high anyways, the stages can't be a problem.
There are players who pick up MK because of the stage list and that gets added to the success of MK.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Mk on smashville is amazing. That moving platform gives him so many more options to do dumb B moves that simultaneously Gimp you and let him land on the platform

I never take mk there if I can avoid it

Vega4

Smash Ace
There are players who pick up MK because of the stage list and that gets added to the success of MK.
Those players pick MK 'cause they had problems beating other players that use MK, so they said: "hey, I'm better than him, but he gives me a lot of problems or even sometimes beat me because he uses MK, so I have to use MK, even if I hate that da** bat"... And that's how now you have like 1000 MK mains xD

@GameDragonX, it's not imposible for Diddy to beat MK, but Diddy can´t make mistakes, and MK can, that's pretty unfair:
Diddy mistake = Gimp, or at least a lot of damage trying to get back to stage. High risk of losing a stock.
MK Mistake = 10% - 20% of damage. No risk of losing a stock unless he is >120%...

So, it's not an impossible match, but is so f**** unfair... MK is unfair D:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Do you have the numbers on this? You say that the top-placing MK's place how they do because of the stages, not the character.

Where are these players who pick MK because of the stage list, and what are their placings like?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I think diddy vs mk is almost impossible -impossible if the mk isn't a ******

Are you saying Atomsk, Tyrant, Rain and Seibrik are all ********?

@CrimsonFeint, TKD, Havok and Mike use MK in dumb stages. There are certain players that don't even main MK and only use them sometimes. I think we should only post up a player's actual main unless they use both characters equally in tournament.

@P-1, they stopped adding characters as soon as there were no notable MK mains left and at a random top 8. There were only 5 MKs in the top 20

Kantrip

Kantplay
By dumb stages you mean RC/Brinstar? Do these players win every time they decide to switch to MK on these stages? Would they have lost otherwise?

Changing character for your opponent's counterpick isn't unheard of. If a G&W main switches to falco when someone CP's FD on them, is falco broken?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
By dumb stages you mean RC/Brinstar? Do these players win every time they decide to switch to MK on these stages? Would they have lost otherwise?

Changing character for your opponent's counterpick isn't unheard of. If a G&W main switches to falco when someone CP's FD on them, is falco broken?
I'm just saying that these stages are the reason why you see so many MKs in the top placings which is why you shouldn't include secondaries on the results unless they use both characters equally.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
But brinstar was banned and 5/8 were mks l and I wouldn't really consider top 20 a top placing

All I see is top players on top. There where no random MKs in the top placings which proves that it take skill to get to the top with MK.

Kantrip

Kantplay
That is what happens when the stages are removed. Nothing will change. The top players will be top players, meta knight will be meta knight, and RC and Brinstar won't be broken.

-Googs

Smash Lord
mk was platform cancelling, i've tried doing cool stuff with that but nothing is really applicable, uair covers most of the options and is safer

Dekar173

Justice Man
What I meant by this was actually knowing how to control bananas.

Then again, the Diddy mains don't even know how to use bananas! It's an unfortunate state of affairs.

Player-3

Smash Hero
wtf dekar when i play vs p1 as mk or marth i can control bananas very well because i'm used to them

but hes the only diddy in georgia

so all that mu experience goes to waste because i lose to warios before i get to beat him since we s tart on opposite sides of the bracket

i am a real mk

(not really)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom