• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I played MvC3 tonight for the first time, X-23 was pretty fun to play, I liked her little boost grab thing like didd'ys side-b, was always fun to hit people with =)

vato_break

Smash Master
another question, why is it that diddy kong isn't represented as much as he should be? imo i think diddy has potential to be 2nd on the tier list but, i still dont see enough diddy reps. i see at least 3 snakes for every one diddy, is it because diddy comes with some difficulty to learn? i only see adhd,gnes,felix,andp1 doing stuff. i think there can be alot more diddys but, idk why there isnt

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
here's one for you guys.

i was playing snake vs diddy yesterday with my brother, and after a snake dthrow --> diddy getup attack into snake shield, pushed me onto a banana, but i still held shield, the banana moved and made the regular noise it would as i have slipped. so basically, i slipped without actually slipping. i have the recording if anyone needs it, just a pain to upload.

can anyone explain this?

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
another question, why is it that diddy kong isn't represented as much as he should be? imo i think diddy has potential to be 2nd on the tier list but, i still dont see enough diddy reps. i see at least 3 snakes for every one diddy, is it because diddy comes with some difficulty to learn? i only see adhd,gnes,felix,andp1 doing stuff. i think there can be alot more diddys but, idk why there isnt
Diddy is an overrated character, imo. Due to his lack luster knock back strength, your opponent can use bananas against you, predictable recovery (Rob can gimp), and your opponent can put up their shield to put you in a situation where tossing the bananas can be hopeless. Diddy may seem like an easy character to learn, but he's a very difficult character to master. He's not like Metaknight where anyone can pick up Metaknight and learn all of Metaknight's moving curves in a week. Also, characters like Peach, Luigi, Wario, Falco, Squirtle, Pit, Kirby, Jigglypuff, Rob, and Ness can all counter Diddy. Now that doesn't mean that it's an auto win, but Diddy will have a harder time against those characters listed. To be honest, I would place Diddy in 6th place under Falco, Wario, Marth, and have Olimar above Diddy, just because of the amount of people that play Diddy vs. the amount of people that play the other top tier characters.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Diddy is an overrated character, imo.

Due to his lack luster knock back strength,

You are completely forgetting the fact that Diddy can rack damage so fast that his low knockback doesn't matter nearly as much; you can get your opponent to kill % faster than they can to you.

your opponent can use bananas against you,

Not if you're at least halfway competent. Diddy mains have practiced getting Bananas back from the opponent for so long that throwing Bananas back at Diddy is actually more dangerous than just holding them.

predictable recovery (Rob can gimp),

So I hear it's pretty hard to spike Snake out of his Up-B or edgehog an Olimar or Falco. We have one of the most versatile recoveries in the game, and while flying characters can gimp us, what character doesn't get gimped by flyers? (other than other flying characters)

and your opponent can put up their shield to put you in a situation where tossing the bananas can be hopeless.

Wait for the Shield to drop or simply be smart and not throw it at their Shield. If you actually do, Shield Bounce.

Diddy may seem like an easy character to learn, but he's a very difficult character to master. He's not like Metaknight where anyone can pick up Metaknight and learn all of Metaknight's moving curves in a week.

Other than "Diddy may seem like an easy character to learn," I agree. No arguments here.

Also, characters like Peach, Luigi, Wario, Falco, Squirtle, Pit, Kirby, Jigglypuff, Rob, and Ness can all counter Diddy.
Now that doesn't mean that it's an auto win, but Diddy will have a harder time against those characters listed.

The only characters that I would say counter Diddy in that list are Peach and Luigi. The other characters can be worked around to the point of near-even match-ups.

To be honest, I would place Diddy in 6th place under Falco, Wario, Marth, and have Olimar above Diddy, just because of the amount of people that play Diddy vs. the amount of people that play the other top tier characters.

Considering that those few players playing Diddy are consistently winning the tournaments they attend (I hear Diddy did pretty well at some national awhile back), I think Diddy's reputation is fine. And while I agree that Olimar is good, you will have to provide MUCH better explanation as to how he deserves to be any higher than he is now. You're never going to see an Olimar win a national. Also, as long as MK is unbanned, Marth will never do much better than he is now (if MK does get banned, than it's a different story).
I think I covered everything.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
giv me a month or two...im almost pr'd...just need 2 more wins
are you really almost therE? nice. didnt know you were that close

i honestly have no idea if im near being PR again. but then again i dont really care :laugh:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i gimp mks with peanuts...
true story...
no lie...
will post a vid soon...
Coming this summer...
DFEAR presents...
Peanuts...
or...
PEANUTS...

vato_break

Smash Master
i wouldnt lose to dfear nor would i be scared of him :I

oh yeah me and choco go hard in dubz

Brawl Doubles (entered as El Chocolate Diablo)
Defeated Naoya + fesoren (Naoya + fesoren)
Defeated Angry Old Men (H@vok + M!ke H@ze)
Defeated Terry is Larry's Little Fairy (T3rry + L@rry)
Lost to Angry Old Men (H@vok + M!ke H@ze)
Lost to Angry Old Men (H@vok + M!ke H@ze)
Placed 2 out of 10

DFEAR

Smash Hero
^ 20$ mm...les do it...talk big put down big. les go ***** u free as **** son. i rented VATO HABITS AND READS VOLUME 1 and i had to ff that **** cuz it was lame as hell. i returned it then suscribed to VATO ENJOYS LATTES ON FRIDAY AFTERNOONS WEEKLY and ive yet to be impressed...

go hard maboi...go hard

:troll:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
$35. next time we're at a tourney together. lets do this

*shakes hand virtually*

;) get rdy...whenever that is :awesome:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
^ 20$ mm...les do it...talk big put down big. les go ***** u free as **** son. i rented VATO HABITS AND READS VOLUME 1 and i had to ff that **** cuz it was lame as hell. i returned it then suscribed to VATO ENJOYS LATTES ON FRIDAY AFTERNOONS WEEKLY and ive yet to be impressed...

go hard maboi...go hard

:troll:
*dead*

:diddy:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
nah iv traveled ;) i went to raleigh at least :s...i WAS SUPPOSED to go to pound..but a certain someone didnt buy my ticket D=< and im plannin to go to whobo

DFEAR

Smash Hero
stacked as in pringles as in salty vinegar flavor as in 50% off as in THEY'RE BASICALLY FREE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom