• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Warlock Punch Metagame Development Thread

Exalted

Smash Lord
"o d00d he r d0!ng t3h thnudrestr0m i r is bet3r 2 b gonig 2 atak nao o noez i r get hit bai rly powreflu atk i r is ded" - Koskinator, The Legendorf.

This thread will not only serve as the spiritual successor of Kosk's legendary thread, but will also be the thread in which the current generation of 'Dorfs will discuss and develop the awe-inspiring potential of Ganon's ultimate move: The Warlock Punch.

Disclaimer: Do not question the purpose, essence or existence of this thread. It is the Magnum Opus of Ganon's metagame and it will not tolerate disobedience. All who break this sacrosanct rule will be rightfully Gannonbanned for 666 years by our executive disciplinarian, Ganun:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I remember a legendary combo into WP, it's...

Utilt Shield Break -> Reverse Warlock Punch
-- No, wait! That's not right. It's...

Utilt Shield Break -> Taunt -> Reverse Warlock Punch
( Honorable mention: TP )

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Everything I know about WP:

- double reverse WP can be used for momentum canceling... when you get hit you need to immediately Uair then buffer a reverse warlock punch, then reverse it again so you travel towards the stage. It doesn't help a lot but is often the difference between life and death. Of course you're very easy to edgeguard after you do it so don't rely on it too much. It also helps with recovery if they knock you high offstage and you don't have a double jump.

- on the stage flip of Frigate, both players often end up in relatively the same place, so if you time a warlock punch to hit during/right after the flip, it has a higher chance of hitting. Don't SD though

- as far as I know, reverse warlock punch does more damage than regular, and reverse aerial warlock punch does even more damage (40%). I may be wrong however.

- Utilt shield break -> taunt -> reverse WP.

- warlock punch is usable in doubles. try to get your opponent to combo into it with throws and such.

- if you get hit and you're going to die, you can press B before you die and Ganondorf growls after he loses the stock. I'm sure this has won me a few games from the intimidation factor

and that is the extent of WP's usefulness.

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
WP peoples recovery on the right part of frigates first stage. =)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
You guys do it all wrong.

UTilt Shield Break -> FoG -> RAWP.

I've also gotten double kills in doubles with the move. Pit's FSmash 2gud for setups.

Xubble

Smash Ace
It's like Chuck Norris and a loud, obnoxious, constantly-meowing kitten being on a team. And the kitten can dual weild. And fly. And be an ***-hat.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
u could make those ganon pr0 techniques that send you flying really high, so then you can start a warlock and hit some green missles, i tried, it works, nah jus kidding, my friend is so gay that he lands the green missle onstage.

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
All the WP I've landed in my entire life were during insight moments where I foresaw the future and read a lagged aerial or ground move and faked a simple SH > WP.
ALL. of them. Landed. Simple. And clean.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Pretty sure that's the ONLY way to land a WP. See the future, see your opponent mourn the loss of a stock.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Best way to land a WP is in Money Matches.
If you're playing for $1, just say: "Let me WP you and I'll give you $2"

The win is worth more than the money after all.

Top Bottom