• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
hell no-captain olimar has (practically) nothing! waluigi isn't at the top but he isn't below olimar!
...because of your opinion?

I'm saying Captain Olimar should be in, because he should. He's one of Nintendo's more unique game's heroes and Pikmin deserves representation.

As I said before, Waluigi is too insignificant to make it into Brawl.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
The Captain Olimar topic?

So what... I mean the majority of this topic is people saying Waluigi shouldn't be in, so this isn't anything to brag about.

Captain Olimar definitely deserves a spot over Waluigi.
Why argue that he's bad, if you have no one to argue against. You've kept argueing because there are people defending him.

...because of your opinion?

I'm saying Captain Olimar should be in, because he should. He's one of Nintendo's more unique game's heroes and Pikmin deserves representation.

As I said before, Waluigi is too insignificant to make it into Brawl.
combat and style wise, waluigi beats olimar, he has a random style, but I admit you beat me there...

Shuma

Smash Hero
It's like saying Dedede doesn't deserve to be in Brawl just 'cause his thread is like 10 pages long, you whant to know why those threads are so short? because everyone agrees that those characters should be in, there's nothing to discuss.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
no, I'm saying, there are people defending waluigi, so he shouldn't be put in last because there are more people booing him, if everyone was booing him, then he would be last.
The fact of the matter is there hasn't really been any good reason from the pro Waluigi people as to why he should be in.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
I'd love Waluigi as a playable, but I don't see it happening, his best chance is an assist, the only way he'd be in is if they need a character to represent the Mario Spin-Off's, and once again, Peach was doing that in Melee HOWEVER, she did get a new game and she could get moves for that, so if she's no longer rep'ing the spinoffs, that would open the doors for another character too, and yes I know there is a stage for Mario Kart, but that's only Mario Kart, not all the spinoffs + sport titles, that's pretty much Waluigi's only chance at making it into the game is if he's chosen to rep those.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
by the looks of todays update, Peach will be repping her game, so that would leave someone open for the spinoffs now

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Because she wasn't repping them she was repping the third most important character in the Mario franchise... Jesus.

(They only used those moves because she didn't really have any other).

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
But she still had moves from the spinoffs, most likely she won't have those now due to Super Princess Peach, thus leading a different character to rep them, and I can only think of 3 characters that could do it, Toad, Daisy, or Waluigi

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
no matter what, there's going to be people that say he's a waste of a character slot, hell I bet there are even people who think Pikachu is a waste somehow <.<, you can't please everyone so no matter who it is there's always gonna be that 1 guy who says "waste of a slot/space" wheather it be Wario, Zelda, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Pichu, or hell even Mario, there's always going to be someone.

While yes, the Mario series does have a lot of rep, but what do you expect, it is Nintendos Top Series, and I can't see Brawl not having only Wario (although I don't really count him as a Mario character unless he has his overalls as an alt) as the Mario character, they'll have one or two more, and they're most likely removing Dr. Mario (But we don't know that, I bet most of us thought Shiek was gone but nope). So with this, the Mario series will get one - three new reps (3 would be pushing it though) imo, and one of them COULD be Waluigi (but to be honest, I still only see him as an assist only)

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
In the winners circle Mains: JigglyPuff, Gannondo
Would you rather they waste time on Waluigi or focus on a better character? because if Waluigi was in... he WOULD be taking someone else's spot... they might even remove jigly so that Waluigi can get in... Now imagine that!
(that Waluigi in galaxy thing almost made me laugh).

But anyway to Jiggly puff person (Cant remember user names : X) But they could replace that Pichu clone with someone better than Waluigi.
That hurts. Can't even remember my name.
well anyways, Jiggly wont be replaced, with the Overly consuming Japanese Fan Base, good luck with that...
as for Waluigi, he still has as much chance as any other character, sure, theres more characters that are "more deserving" than Waluigi, but think of this, most people are rooting for 3rd part characters to be in, when he said theres 3 slots for 3rd party, which means theres only 2 avilible(due to snake) so who do you think will have more of a chance to get in, Zero(from Mega Man(when Mega Man is already(possibly) going to be in there) or Waluigi(owned by Nintendo) to get in.:smash:

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Bloody hell that person who wont shut up about repping the party games THEY DONT NEED TO BE REPPED ANY THEY NEVER WERE!

Jesus they are not even spin offs they are just something Nintendo use to get Money.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Isn't brawl something they are using to get money?
Of course, that's why nobody should be in to rep the party games, because most people are really sick of them by now.

Super Smash Bros. is a quality series that isn't overdone, Mario Party on the other hand...

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I can't stop playing Mario Strikers Charged even if i can't win online...

I'm always Waluigi. I mean, he can teleport, has a whip... and the CROTCH CHOP.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Yeah, he's right, every time i see a new Mario Party game, I sigh in disappointment....
I rented 8 and returned it in an hour...but thats because of the curse of sequels (simpsons and billy and mandy have fallen to that too), they were awesome before.

Mario spin offs- Cash cows

Smashadoo brothers - Timeless classic of legends!
Smashadoo brothers - Timeless classic of legends!-but still cows, just golden ones.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well every single game really is are "cows" except most of them that not their only purpose...

Gindor

Smash Ace
True.
I just thought of something.

A game = a particular region of the (gaming) world
A character = a person in the (gaming) world

where waluigi comes from (party games) = hic town (how I see you seeing it)
thus dissing waluigi = regionism (like racism, but based on place)

people may not be important now, but may be later.
odd example-bill gates (past) = uber nerd/hacker
bill gates (present) = creator of the almighty internet in which we are communicating now.

Not saying that waluigi will create sometning revolutionary, but that he may be a great villain later, when his potential shows.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't think there is any "potential" in Waluigi, as said many times in this topic he was only made to be partners with Wario in Mario Tennis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom