• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exodecai101

Smash Apprentice
Oh lol, yeah I agree on that, making a appearance in WarioWare wouldn't hurt, I mean why isn't he in it, I mean after all he's Warios Brother lol he should be appearing with Wario all the time(I can understand games like mario 64 ds though)

primusfan

Smash Ace
He would probably be good in Brawl but the sad thing is that if he was put in the game, he would probably have the same moves as Wario.

fluffy

Smash Champion
primusfan said:
He would probably be good in Brawl but the sad thing is that if he was put in the game, he would probably have the same moves as Wario.
but wario is round w/ small legs while waluigi is a tall, skinny prick. different movesets deff.

Waluigi911

Smash Lord
McFox said:
I hate him.
Why... M... MxFox, I... I never knew. *turns to hide tears* How coudl you keep this from me?! You cad! *holds back sobbing* I can't go on like this anymore. How can I? After this?! No, I'm sorry, McFox... I just... I... *boo hoo*

Dead Hippie

Smash Cadet
I've said it before and I'll say it again, from a developer's stand point making Waluigi a clone would entirely defeat the purpose of adding Waluigi to the Super Smash Brothers cast. As of right now, Waluigi is a filler character that has only been in canon games. Although he has some definite personality traits, Waluigi is a dull, somewhat generic, and unoriginal character. Super Smash Brothers Brawl is the ideal opportunity to separate Waluigi form Wario and the rest of the Mario cast. This is a chance to make Waluigi really unique.

With that said, as far as physical attributes go, Wario and Waluigi are polar opposites. Wario is a short and stocky powerhouse who acts like a freakin' frat boy. Wario is a gross tank and his moveset should reflect that. Waluigi on the other hand is a tall, wiry and lanky fella. Waluigi has long limbs and should have great reach. Waluigi's moveset should reflect that.

I think that Waluigi will be at least as tall as Ganondorf, but will have much greater reach. He will probably have a high jump with those long legs and I figure that Waluigi would be pretty fast. As far as a moveset goes, I see Waluigi having unique moves. Most of his moves would probably be unorthodox but effective.

What do you think?

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I think it would be a good idea to add Waluigi, as long as he isn't a clone of Wario. He may be an inoriginal character with a weird name, but he still has a lot of fans. He should appear in more Mario or Wario adventure games. The closest he got to was being one of the main villains in Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix. We know that he can be inapropriete (sp?) sometimes. (Celebration after scoring a goal in Super Mario Strikers) maybe that could be his taunt. I was kinda bored, so I made a few special moves for him:

B: Bob-Omb Blast: Throws or drops a Bob-)mb (Mario kart: Double Dash)
<B>: Whirluigi: Spins around, creating a tornado (Mario Power Tennis)
^B: Super Purple Punch: Stronger version of Mario and Luigi's Super Jump Punch
\/B: Vacuum Orb: Vacuum sucks up projectiles, healing Waluigi, like Ness' PSI magnet (Mario Party 7)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Falling Whistness said:
Waluigi is an ill-conceived character. We already have too many characters from the Mario universe. If they're going to add more (and I would bet there will be at least one new Mario characters,) it should be the good ones.
if you have been to the official smash bros site, you will see wario is not even a part of the mario universe (his symbol is a W rather than a mushroom)

I for one think waluigi should be in the game. he is my favorite character to play in the mario sports and party games. it would be interesting how they would put him in the game and how his moves will work.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
colbusman said:
if you have been to the official smash bros site, you will see wario is not even a part of the mario universe (his symbol is a W rather than a mushroom)

I for one think waluigi should be in the game. he is my favorite character to play in the mario sports and party games. it would be interesting how they would put him in the game and how his moves will work.
He may have a W, but i would still consider him to be a part of the mario universe. He is in all the sports games and only recently has he been getting his own games.

Dead Hippie

Smash Cadet
I would think that Waluigi would have a Mushroom icon like the rest of the characters from the Mushroom Kingdom. Of course, as of right now we don't know where Waluigi is from. Waluigi's trophy should shed some light on the matter though, assuming he makes it in the game.

I do agree that Waluigi really should have his own franchise and his own games, similiar to how Wario was the star of the game Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land. The best case scenario for Waluigi in my opinion would for him to star in an Alpha Dream developed RPG. The dialogue in the RPG could help explain Waluigi's past and the RPG can easily give him new and unique abilities.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I don't think Waluigi should have his own game, maybe have him as a playable charater in the next Mario RPG though. I'd support Waluigi alot more if there was an actual background story on him. I don't see why they haven't put him in Wario Ware...

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
Red_Maniac said:
I think it would be a good idea to add Waluigi, as long as he isn't a clone of Wario. He may be an inoriginal character with a weird name, but he still has a lot of fans. He should appear in more Mario or Wario adventure games. The closest he got to was being one of the main villains in Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix. We know that he can be inapropriete (sp?) sometimes. (Celebration after scoring a goal in Super Mario Strikers) maybe that could be his taunt. I was kinda bored, so I made a few special moves for him:

B: Bob-Omb Blast: Throws or drops a Bob-)mb (Mario kart: Double Dash)
<B>: Whirluigi: Spins around, creating a tornado (Mario Power Tennis)
^B: Super Purple Punch: Stronger version of Mario and Luigi's Super Jump Punch
\/B: Vacuum Orb: Vacuum sucks up projectiles, healing Waluigi, like Ness' PSI magnet (Mario Party 7)
Wow. That's almost as unoriginal as my first attempt at a moveset. All of those moves are ripped off of another character in one way or another, maybe not the actual performance, but the effects at least.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Waluigi911 said:
Why... M... MxFox, I... I never knew. *turns to hide tears* How coudl you keep this from me?! You cad! *holds back sobbing* I can't go on like this anymore. How can I? After this?! No, I'm sorry, McFox... I just... I... *boo hoo*
If it makes you feel any better, I don't hate forum members whose handles include Waluigi :p.

Seriously, if Nintendo wants to make him a somewhat interesting character, they should add him to the Warioware games first. Give him some kind of a personality beyond "clumsy" and "bad." Give him a new costume in the same way that Wario got a new costume. Make him a real character before including him as a crap extra character in every single game.

Dead Hippie

Smash Cadet
Waluigi does have some personality. Not a lot of personality mind you, but its certaintly there. He always seems to have that mischievious smirk on his face, which somewhat tells me that Waluigi is mischievious. Also judging by how Waluigi does a Croth Chop, I would assume that Waluigi is also either a bit loony or he could just give a rat's about what people think about him. Lastly I would think that he is quite energetic, but there is now evidence for that.

And Red Maniac, Fox_Rocks is so very right. Those "B" moves while fitting for Waluigi (I guess, if you don't want him to start new with new and unique abilities) are exactly like another character's move. I must say that is weak

Bob-Omb Blast- Exactly like Link's bombs.

Whirluigi- Exactly like the Mario's and Luigi's tornado.

Vaacuum Orb- You said yourself that it is exactly like Ness' Psi Shield

Super Purple Punch- You said yourself it is exactly like the Mario's and Luigi's recovery Punches

Would anyone like to discuss how you think Waluigi will play in SSBB?

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
Dead Hippie said:
Would anyone like to discuss how you think Waluigi will play in SSBB?
Sure. I think he'll play as a non-agressive character. You would probably use speed and reach to attack your opponent. You'd fall back until you saw a chance to strike, and then you will.

Dead Hippie

Smash Cadet
It would really be great if Waluigi had the range of a sword wielder. The long legs would also let Waluigi move fairly quickly, he'll be able to cover a lot of ground in very little time. Of course, with that range and possible speed then he would be top tier (Assuming he also can chain grab and such). I don't really think anyone would want to see Waluigi become a top tier character, but heres to hoping.

I also think Waluigi will have a great jump. With long legs like that he is bound to have mad hops

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Wizzlecroff said:
He may have a W, but i would still consider him to be a part of the mario universe. He is in all the sports games and only recently has he been getting his own games.
So you consider Wario, Yoshi & Donkey Kong Mario characters despite the fact that they all have their own series (which the represent in the smash series) with their own games, characters, enemies, villains, countries and storys

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
McFox said:
Another problem I've thought of is that, he won't fit in with Wario now, unless he gets a costume change.

If Wario is going Warioware with his costume, Waluigi wouldn't look right in his purply Mario knockoff costume.

This doesn't decrease his chances any, it's just someting to consider.

I just don't want him in the game because I hate him.

Hi McFox, I was just wondering about your thoughts on truly “alternate costumes.” I’ve mentioned this before in a few of my posts, but I can’t help but think that one of Wario’s costumes will be his classic attire from the good ole’ days before WarioWare. I am lead to this conclusion because of the Daisy attire for Peach already present in Melee. I think this really opens the door for SSBB artists to truly display their prowess in the upcoming game. Every time I look at Yoshi, I can’t help but imagine him painted indigo and sporting a pair of shades (essentially Boshi from SMRPG); or how about Sonic’s alternate as Shadow; or Mario sporting Dr. Mario’s digs; the possibilities or literally endless. We could see Peach in her infamous tennis getup or Luigi lugging around the Poltergeist 3000; and what the hay, let’s imagine Waluigi in some WarioWare attire. Let’s even go out on a limb here, correct me if I’m wrong (I’m not what you would call a devoted fan) but doesn’t Samus have a few different suits….ahhh…..I see I’ve sparked someone’s imagination, of course I’m sure that they all have different abilities; but for argument’s sake, you guys get the picture. I’m sure that I’m not the only one who hopes that Nintendo has a few costume goodies in store for us! However, not to stray to far off topic, Dead Hippie I’m behind you 100%, I just hope that they don’t make my favorite dude in Purple suck like Barney or that blinkin’ telletubby, LOL.

Oh yeah, I’m not sure where I remember this from; but do any of you guys recall a Waluigi look alike name Pepper. He sported an outfit similar to Luigi’s blue one in Melee. I’ve been doing some research but I haven’t turned up anything yet. Maybe it was just some fan art I saw a long time ago, just wanted to know if you ever heard of him or seen his picture.

Thanks for you time everyone,
Master_Sheik Out!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I love the idea of alternate costumes. The more various looks a character has, the better, I think.

The problems come in when people start saying "Well, if Mario's in his Tanooki Suit, his vB should change to the statue!" If there are differences between the costumes, suddenly they're not costumes, they're whole different characters. And if they don't put in various colors for Tanooki Mario as well as regular Mario, only one person can play as him at a time. And if Tanooki Mario is better than regular Mario in some way and only one person can be him at a time, the game would become broken.

As long as there's absolutely no difference in gameplay in between costumes, then it's fine. But once there's a gameplay difference, it becomes a separate character.

And I've never heard of Pepper. I'd attribute it to fan art.

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
McFox said:
I love the idea of alternate costumes. The more various looks a character has, the better, I think.

The problems come in when people start saying "Well, if Mario's in his Tanooki Suit, his vB should change to the statue!" If there are differences between the costumes, suddenly they're not costumes, they're whole different characters. And if they don't put in various colors for Tanooki Mario as well as regular Mario, only one person can play as him at a time. And if Tanooki Mario is better than regular Mario in some way and only one person can be him at a time, the game would become broken.

As long as there's absolutely no difference in gameplay in between costumes, then it's fine. But once there's a gameplay difference, it becomes a separate character.

And I've never heard of Pepper. I'd attribute it to fan art.
I never thought about it that way, but you're absolutely right! I think the costumes should be just that, costumes.... meaning that they do not affect gameplay for the characters whatsoever. I can already imagine people in an uproar over Peach not moving faster in her tennis outfit than in her royal attire or Shadow being the exact same speed as Sonic. LOL, anyway, if Nintendo goes this rout (which I hope they do), ppl will get over it in do time, I don’t remember the Daisy outfit causing a controversy, but ppl complain about everything these days. Instead of appreciating the time and effort that it takes to create a “truly” alternate costume, Nintendo is going to get blasted by the “die-hard” fans yearning for some technical based skill. Actually now that I think about it, I can remember my cousin and I fighting over the Daisy costume for Peach….lol….I can already see the race in tournaments to select Tanooki or Dr. Mario. Thanks for the input McFox.

Master_Sheik Out.

LtFoeHammer

Smash Apprentice
I don't like Waluigi at all. To me he's as much a pointless character as Daisy, just a way to keep Luigi from whining "Why don't I have an archrival? How come I don't get a villain?"

Dead Hippie

Smash Cadet
LtFoeHammer said:
I don't like Waluigi at all. To me he's as much a pointless character as Daisy, just a way to keep Luigi from whining "Why don't I have an archrival? How come I don't get a villain?"
Out of curiosity have you actaully read some of my posts which give some valid reasons as to why Waluigi should be added to the Super Smash Brothers cast? Just wondering because you didn't really add anything to the discussion, aside from just stating your opinion. But your opinion is valued.

How do you fellas think Waluigi should look as far as his costume goes? Should he appear in classic Waluigi attire or should he try something different?

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
I definititily want to see him in his normal purple/black outfit, but I would also like to see an alternate costume for him, too. I'll try and think of something. Hmm...

Kirby PopStar

Smash Cadet
The one thing that tips me off and tells me Waluigi will not make it is simply; the icons. If Wario doesn't fit with the Mario ones, getting a Mushroom icon, than Waluigi won't get that W icon for Wario either -- he hasn't appeared in Wario Ware. It's hopeless for Waluigi.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
You know Nintendo could simply make an icon for Waluigi. They could even use Wario's too, because they're usually seen together despite them not being in every single game together.

I hope Waluigi won't be included.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Pepper? Afro? Maybe you mean Jimmy from Wario Ware. He looks a lot like Waluigi in a way. Tall, skinny, weird nose. Here's a pic.

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
I think Waluigi should have both a his lassic style and perhaps some Warioware clothes. I have faith that Nintendo will deliver some truly different costumes this time around, not just some crappy recolring.

parrothead

Smash Lord
There is a Waluigi trophy in SSBM, but that still won't let him enter. Also, adding too many characters from one franchise (including the Mario franchise) in SSBB will steal the space for unique (and probably obscure) characters.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I think it's safe to say that Waluigi has no chance of being in Brawl. Let's look at the facts.

Look at Sakurai's message regarding the newcomers. He even stated, "Was it a mistake to add Wario?" He said that because he was the character who received the least praise or interest from people. Wario is more popular than Waluigi, and the two are already very similar, so I just don't see it happening.

I'm not being biased, that's just what I think, and what I've observed.

fluffy

Smash Champion
ya. i really dont care for waluigi anywayz. at least wario has wario warefare.

Dead Hippie

Smash Cadet
Kereokacola said:
I think it's safe to say that Waluigi has no chance of being in Brawl. Let's look at the facts.

Look at Sakurai's message regarding the newcomers. He even stated, "Was it a mistake to add Wario?" He said that because he was the character who received the least praise or interest from people. Wario is more popular than Waluigi, and the two are already very similar, so I just don't see it happening.

I'm not being biased, that's just what I think, and what I've observed.
That point is very well taken, but I wouldn't count out Waluigi just yet. Although Wario received the least praise his popularity is undeniable. I'd think that if Wario appeared in his clasic yellow and purple overalls than he would receive more praise. The current Wario Ware costume and comments made by Sakurai tell us that Wario will have moves that are gross, yet somewhat humorous as to represent the Wario Ware franchise.

Wario Ware is a fine franchise from what I have heard, but I haven't played it myself. The zany and wacky nature of the games is personified in the already announced Wario Waft. Thats fine and good but I for one would rather see the classic Wario look so his moveset could have been built around the Wario platformers

In the trailer all the characters looked rather serious, aside from Wario. The cinematic trailer quickly had its mood changed by Wario's entrance. I have seen quite a few say that Wario ruined the trailer. I thought the trailer was masterful and that Wario and his atomic fart was an interesting way to end the trailer. Do I think that Wario's role in the trailer lead to the lack of praise? Absolutely. Was it a mistake to include Wario? Absolutely not.

Waluigi doesn't have the popularity that Wario does, but he does indeed seem to have a small cult following. The two are similiar in personality, but their physical attributes are nothing alike. That may be a good thing for the Smash World, seeing as no current character in the Super Smash Brothers cast has a similiar body type.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
You know, Wario's addition confuses me. I'm going to say it was a good choice to add him. Since SSB people were wanting Wario to be added. They finally add Wario, and now people are complaining. I'm sure if the trailer hadn't ended that way(the fighting sequence that is, not where Snake comes) people wouldn't be so angry towards him.

Also, Wario Ware was a hit. I think they just put him in that costume because the game was popular, which makes it more recognizable to casual gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom