• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Waluigi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash Apprentice
Lol, I understand, its just that everytime we get geared up for a date: Thanksgiving, Halloween, December 3rd, the Coro Coro release we get zero good information*.

*Good information = character updates.

People got geared up for Thanksgiving and Halloween?

Seriously?

Are they too dumb to realize that those are American holidays and Sakurai is most definitely Japanese?

Smash Apprentice
Yea, like December 3rd

I know, but I doubt Sakurai will make that update, if he does tho, I'll give him his props.
I'd actually be quite shocked if the Blue Bomber weren't in Brawl.

If he is, I certainly expect him to be announced beforehand.

They announced Snake and Sonic, why not Megaman?

The fact of the matter is that 3rd party inclusion actually draws in more people to want Brawl.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
mmm...is kinda sad how Sakurai gave Waluigi a tennis racket instead of a bomb thingy (OMG I forgot the name!) or his spiky vine whip from from strikers. Well, atleast we know that, now that Waluigi is an AT, Daisy will most probably be one also.

Tony_

Smash Ace
Waluigi's original purpose was only to be a filler character for party and sports games and to be a rival to Luigi. He is in no way important to the Nintendo franchise and is probably the most expendable character they have.

Just be glad he is even in Brawl.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Waluigi's original purpose was only to be a filler character for party and sports games and to be a rival to Luigi. He is in no way important to the Nintendo franchise and is probably the most expendable character they have.

Just be glad he is even in Brawl.
I am! And he looks pretty kick-@$$!

D

Deleted member

Nah, he'll be in the next one.

Hold me on that; remember what I said for the next six years.

NukeA6

Smash Master
LMAO

First the Waluigi gets owned hard then Waluigi is confirmed as AT.

I have never seen a thread in this forum that got shot down as bad as this one.

I wonder if we can KO Waluigi. I have to try out the Cracker Launcher and Nova Bomb on something.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I'm hoping we can KO Waluigi, it will be humiliating getting owned by Waluigi:urg:

D

Deleted member

Nah, you'd have to sword me first.

Waluigi never had great chances, but oh well, he's still cool as an assist trophy.

Not that he seems to care.

NukeA6

Smash Master
If you do get owned by Waluigi, you would so deserve it! :chuckle:
Well at least you got some pleasure from this update.

I'll admit that Sakurai did a great job in Waluigi's function as an AT. It's a lot more creative than some of the ideas in this thread.

For example:" He can throw bombs...or something"

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I'll admit that Sakurai did a great job in Waluigi's function as an AT. It's a lot more creative than some of the ideas in this thread.

For example:" He can throw bombs...or something"
Right because now we know he doesn't throw bombs... or something. Now we know he kicks you... or hits you with his tennis racket.

Really original. Yea. Too bad Peach does that, too.

Aesthetically, Waluigi does look good. But he's just pathetic with that racket slapped in his hand. I would have thought they could give him something from every spin-off game, not just MarioTennis. But whatever, he sucks, so I don't care enough.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I feel sorry for all you guys who were very intense about him getting in.

I though he might've been an interesting character, but I'm pretty indifferent either way.

I must be the only one who's just happy we got two new Assist Trophies (i'm not intense about any particular character, I'd rather certain characters (who did get in, so I've no desires left) got in, but that's pretty much it. Any new features are good for me.)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I feel sorry for all you guys who were very intense about him getting in.

I though he might've been an interesting character, but I'm pretty indifferent either way.

I must be the only one who's just happy we got two new Assist Trophies (i'm not intense about any particular character, I'd rather certain characters (who did get in, so I've no desires left) got in, but that's pretty much it. Any new features are good for me.)
QFT

As far as we can say, Waluigi is noble. He took a dive to squeeze in with Stafy and give us a double update. He finally ended a long drought of mediocre Dojo updates with one that raised a LOT of eyebrows, warmed a lot of hearts, and dashed many hopes.

Here's to you Waluigi. Thank you for staying away from the Brawl playable roster.
*removes hat from head, and raises glass of champagne*

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Aesthetically, Waluigi does look good. But he's just pathetic with that racket slapped in his hand. I would have thought they could give him something from every spin-off game, not just MarioTennis. But whatever, he sucks, so I don't care enough.
The Tennis Racket is because he debuted in Mario Tennis.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
You know, I'm glad he's just an AT, but I have to agree that his effect is frighteningly pathetic. I mean, Waluigi doesn't have much to draw on, but they could've done just about ANYTHING other than this and it would've been better. Whip from Strikers, anyone?

Instead, we get kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, bigger kick/tennis racket.

So lame.

Even Waluigi doesn't deserve to be this lame.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
The Tennis Racket is because he debuted in Mario Tennis.
Ohhh that's right! I forgot about that.

That's pretty clever now that you say it, but I still feel he should have been given more than just one series to rep. UNLESS of course, there are more crappy secondary characters repping other Mario spin-off games.

Daisy repping Mario Party?
Bowser Jr repping Mario Strikers?
Birdo repping Mario Baseball?

etc, etc...

Shuma

Smash Hero
"You know, I'm glad he's just an AT, but I have to agree that his effect is frighteningly pathetic. I mean, Waluigi doesn't have much to draw on, but they could've done just about ANYTHING other than this and it would've been better. Whip from Strikers, anyone?

Instead, we get kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, bigger kick/tennis racket."

Maybe Sakurai also hates him.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Ugh. Is it just me is was this the worst week on Dojo EVER? The fact the Waluigi was the best update just shows how bad it truely was, though you must admit the he did look pretty cool graphically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom