• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official: Waco Circle * New Videos *

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Hello

HI! I'm a smasher from Alaska, and I'm going to Texas during break, I have no idea whatsoever what the geography of Texas is like. I do know, that the majority of the time I'm going to be staying there, I'll be in Fort. Worth.

Anyways, the reason I'm posting here, is because I want to play some Texas smashers. But I can't find anyone or a thread that has to do with Ft.Worth! Can someone direct me to something relating to Ft. Worth?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
i don't know..I want to play some of the san antonio people while i am here on christmas break though. Where/when is FS2?
Just go to the tournament discussion threads...its MLK weekend, and should be huge. 8 states are already saying they are attending...I wouldn't miss it if I were you.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Man, i stop posting here because of all the outsiders coming into our thread causing disruption over things that no longer matter. Of course I still play this game, but for fun only thats why I sandbag when I play almost everytime. Because Im not trying to prove i can beat you if i have done it already i dont feel the need to do it everytime just to boast how good i am. I know i have personally 4-stock every waco player except " Nova " And 3 stocked everyone including him. I dont mind taking a few dives or holding back to make other players feel better about their smash game.

And I'm not exiting Smashboards, but I don't feel pleasure when playing Smash now. So... maybe I don't play anymore or as much.

When Super Smash Bros Melee was better than it was today , I mean... most people will not understand how was difficult it was 2 or 3 years ago to play such matches and how a not very good looking match can generate pleasure.

But this isn't the point.

That time was too good! I just was playing and being happy being myself and enjoying the way i use to trash talk, to spice up the matches. Now people become offended or start to hate you if you 3 stock them or verbly taunt them while playing. Thus making the game not fun for my anymore, having to hold back all the time just so the other person does not start to hate me. For being cocky or better. I can feel when someone is playing to beat me out of anger or simply stop trying because they feel embrassed or feel they cant win. Things like this just makes the game not fun and kills all motivation. I use to play to see how much better I can be.

But now, you need to play well to be respected. You NEED to win, not to beat yourself, but beat your opponents. You don't play because its fun, you play to because others will look down on you if you get 3 stocked. So you dont have the time to play with a character you dont main just to for fun, or be able to say no matter what happens good game. Now I understand why I feel Smash boring most time.

No, I'm not saying that competition isn't good. Competition is a awesome thing when you respect and be respected.

Thats the point.
Respect.

Victory will not make you a good person. It'll make you just a successful person.

Please DO NOT remove the fun of the game. Lets just enjoy the game keep the "smash world" in the "smashworld".

Of course when brawl starts, im starting all over im having fun playing the game the way i like to play it. Pit and Link or my new mains. Lets make it happen.
I'm playing to win, I dunno what the hell you might be trying to do. But I believe winning is the point of playing any game.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
I'm playing to win, I dunno what the hell you might be trying to do. But I believe winning is the point of playing any game.

Good job trying to stir up a discussion from a post over a month old. According to your sig you're formerly Kyle Broflovski, been wondering if you're the same one that plays / played smash 64 on emularena? I havn't been on there in forever. D:

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Good job trying to stir up a discussion from a post over a month old. According to your sig you're formerly Kyle Broflovski, been wondering if you're the same one that plays / played smash 64 on emularena? I havn't been on there in forever. D:
Hrm? Nah I played Smash 64 only as a noob, I picked Link, and he was probably the worst character. Never heard of emularena.

As for my post, I just thought Sora was being a scrub about not going to the tournament. If he can 3 stock his competition, then he needs to move out and find better comp to stay interested.

Ultra Nova

Smash Apprentice
I think you missed the point of the post. Of course you want to play to win but you should be able to have fun at the same time. Some of the people we play against get very upset from trash talking and losing. When you have to hold back just so other people can have fun it takes away the fun from you.

And yes while winning is important I believe playing for fun is equally as important.:)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I think you missed the point of the post. Of course you want to play to win but you should be able to have fun at the same time. Some of the people we play against get very upset from trash talking and losing. When you have to hold back just so other people can have fun it takes away the fun from you.

And yes while winning is important I believe playing for fun is equally as important.:)
I like this guy ^^

Fact is, winning is fun. It's satisfying to read your opponents every move, until one day you can completely destroy him. It's like a feeling of power, and something to be proud of.

Of course, if for some reason winning ain't up your alley, you can find something better to do....... like..... painting...... yeah.

Ultra Nova

Smash Apprentice
I like this guy ^^

Fact is, winning is fun. It's satisfying to read your opponents every move, until one day you can completely destroy him. It's like a feeling of power, and something to be proud of.

Of course, if for some reason winning ain't up your alley, you can find something better to do....... like..... painting...... yeah.

Painting...yeah right. I understand what your saying of course because i of course like to win, but
after you can destroy somebody on a daily basis even you have to admit it gets boring right?

Anyway were going to try to make the tourny in san antonio seeing as how this will probably be our last one before brawl.

In the Fray

Smash Apprentice
Its funny how your arrograce is only exceeded by your stupidity. Any moron could tell the point of playing any game is to have fun. I dont see much of a award of playing games such as tit-tac-toe or hide n seek, merely to win.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Painting...yeah right. I understand what your saying of course because i of course like to win, but
after you can destroy somebody on a daily basis even you have to admit it gets boring right?

Anyway were going to try to make the tourny in san antonio seeing as how this will probably be our last one before brawl.
Awesome.

MM's?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Its funny how your arrograce is only exceeded by your stupidity. Any moron could tell the point of playing any game is to have fun. I dont see much of a award of playing games such as tit-tac-toe or hide n seek, merely to win.
I guess you like losing then :p

And tic tac toe is for noobs.

Broly

Smash Lord
O.O my favorite crew. i hope you actually sho. n seeing from my placing in the last tourny you'll know im not a noob. but, i still think ya'll are too cowardly to go, but hey prove me wrong

pogo

Smash Apprentice
waco isnt too big. im from san antonio, so waco is pretty small to me. to people from small towns though, waco is a big city. probably has 100,000 people...i really have no idea

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
hmmm how big of a town is waco?
Let's put it this way: if you wanted to drive from one end of town to the other, it wouldnt take you any more than 20-25 minutes.

Dude pogo, you and Tadeo need to come by my place this wednesday or thursday and play some matches, I finally got a video capture card so we can record some matches if you want to.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
well, it was doubtful that I'd come anyways, but now it's for sure since I got a full time job, there's no way I'd have time to come to an out of town tournament now =/

kodak_sway

Smash Cadet
what? is there another tournament coming along or something?...s.o.s' last tournament, i should have been here, it's just except no one else from waco wanted to go and so yeah, it kinda sucked a lot.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
what? is there another tournament coming along or something?...s.o.s' last tournament, i should have been here, it's just except no one else from waco wanted to go and so yeah, it kinda sucked a lot.
There may be another one at SOS's place, just keep an eye out for it in the Southwest section.

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
Sora Match me ?

O.O my favorite crew. i hope you actually sho. n seeing from my placing in the last tourny you'll know im not a noob. but, i still think ya'll are too cowardly to go, but hey prove me wrong
I dont think ill be going to this tournament one way or another . I dont honestly care what place you got. You still didnt win so your still just a minature smasher trying to prove himself. Your just another hylian or bluezaft,rage, f4l ect. still trying make a name for yourself by wining a tournament.

Missing the biggest tournament of the year guys.... -_-

>.> I may go, but only if you money match me. I got 5 stocked 3 times you have NOTHING to lose. $ 70 bucks. What do you say ?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Oh sora, you're so late to the party.

You're telling me to MM you at a tournament that already happened.

And I'm not holding another tournament any time soon because I have to focus on college. I can't just pull 100+ people tournaments out of my butt.

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
Oh sora, you're so late to the party.

You're telling me to MM you at a tournament that already happened.

And I'm not holding another tournament any time soon because I have to focus on college. I can't just pull 100+ people tournaments out of my butt.
Its cool, i would have posted sooner. But i forget to check smashboards. Oh well see you online when brawl comes out.

pogo

Smash Apprentice
haha nobody calls me either. well some of y'all did over winter but i was in san antonio. i can usually play a little bit on the weekends...sometimes during the week but i have a class mon-thursday from 7-9:30.

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
Are we ever going to do our $70 MM?

Just wondering. I am still up for it.

Lets see, last time i checked you were scared to come to waco, cause i going to beat you up. And then you decided not to come to school here. Dont you remember ? So I pretty much assumed our money match was never going to happen.

Edit: Just wondering, why do you even continue to post in our thread ?

Yo shiken, pogo lets get some matches done guys.

truebountyhunter700

Smash Cadet
Well you guys used to come by here on wednesdays... We've still yet to record any matches using my new video capture card...
I also can help with the video editing. Got this sweet software on my laptop that can make video's look sick!maybe sometime this week we can get together and play. Im game

Top Bottom