• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official: Waco Circle * New Videos *

UGC: Kidd

Smash Cadet
Yo Check it out, I was thinking that perhaps maybe we could find abit more Smash members in the waco area. Perhaps get togather and meet up in a location and smash some time, Maybe we can form crews and take on each other to see whos the best in waco, perhaps make an "Official Waco Ranking" system thread if all goes well. But with this thread I just wanted to post current members we know for sure that are in the area, and that are willing to play. Also if your moveing to the area for school then post here also, Also post to verify that your are willing to play.

With that said if this thread is a success, Then when you all want to host tournys or smashfest post them here, so fellow ( local or Unlocal ) members can come.

Current Members

1. Sora Keyblade Master: A-class**
2. Nova : A-class**
3.Welhimsan : A-class
4. Combo: A-class
5. Bountyhunter700: A-class
6. Adam: B-class
7. Sojr: B-class
8. Zeta: B-class
9. Shiken: C-class
10.Pogo: A- class
11. Diver: B-class

To become A-class read this. If you truly want to become better Smasher take this and adapt.
The Four Aspects of Melee

To surpass A-class read this.If you truly want to become better Smasher take this and adapt
How to Play: An In-Depth Look at the Metagame (2nd Revision)

Got an idea, Since we cant rank members here. Im going to make a class system... To show how good the members of Waco are.. And to also show where they stand on the local level.. Aslong as it is similare to this. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=76908

We Should be okay.

Fighting Class: Something new not ranks or anything of that nature but just your class level of play. From now on matches will watched by 3 people and they will see how well each player has done for the entire smash fest. You will be able to see how many 1V1 WINS/LOSSES you have, Who, you've won/lost against, and Overall wins. A total amount of local tournament wins will give you a class up. Aswell as member held tournaments for prizes. Class System is. ( Megaman X Based )

Class: D: Average ( No Use of Advance Techs )
Class: C: Advance ( Use of Adavance Techs )
Class: B: Moderate ( Mastered Advance Techs )
Class: A: Co-Skilled ( The Four Aspects of Melee; You are VERY skilled in each area. )
Class: SA Experienced (How to Play: An In-Depth Look at the Metagame (2nd Revision )
Class: GA - Very Renown (15 or More. )
Class: PA - New Myth ( They talk of you in other towns SA,DA,Austin and Houston ?)
Class: MEH - Teh Best ( ??? )

Ranks have been changed. Turns out some of the A class standards have been negelected, So if you have been changed from A-Class back to B-class dont complain look at the four aspects and you should know why right away.

Waco Related Videos: Just videos staring waco smashers. Tournnament match will be highlighted in red.

Matches that include Sora.

Oblivion ( Marth ) Vs Kodak poet ( luigi) : http://youtube.com/watch?v=40kPgyRZagE
Oblivion ( Marth ) Vs Kodak poet ( Marth) : http://youtube.com/watch?v=mpANdVSqI38
Oblivion Nite ( Marth ) Vs Sojr ( Fox) R1 : http://youtube.com/watch?v=4kfzyyhScuQ
Oblivion Nite ( Samus ) Vs Sojr ( Fox) : http://youtube.com/watch?v=OuMRDQDfUFg

Matches that include Sojr.

Sojr ( Fox) Vs Oblivion Nite ( Marth ) : http://youtube.com/watch?v=2BaEmvd-8vM

Matches that include Shiken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA-CmN4hLyI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFLq5VZEU3o

Tourny Ideal. More like a 90 percent probability this tournament is going to happen, We will be inviteing OOC Memember aswell as locals. May want to keep this local thing seeing as it is our first BIG tournament. Y'know to work out the kinks and flaws. We have few places already in place to hold this tournament. We first need to think and plan on where we wanna finalize this tournament location. As for the detail here:

Tag Force
Tag Force : This will be a 2 on 2 tournament ONLY Thats means there will only be doubles. So to make sure this have the right effect, we will have anual smaller trounys so that you can work on your T-Game ( Team Game ) We urge you to pratice up and find you good partner, in terms of team recovery game, team camping and other T- tatics that will better match up double battles. I think a tourny of size of 30 to 40 people would be good. Lets not go much higher than that. The Venue will ultimately be decided by the turnout. We already have 15 member count, We will post flyers around waco to attract a more people with a number for them to call.

This is the main event.... Your chance to prove your skill in Two-on-Two Duel-style Melee! Therefore, the confirmed list of players for this event can be found at the Top of this page.

Sounds like potentially the most hardcore thing to ever Happen in Waco, but as for as money goes, WHAT will IT COST!?"

Hmm........Oh right, the money thing.

Entry Fee: $ 3 per person. ( $6 per team )

Team 1 - $50 Percent
Team 2 - $50 Percent

DOUBLES

Classic 2-on-2 smash, Teams Chosen at random no seeding and a double elimination bracket! If you've got a team partner and you are sure of your attendance, let me know and I can enter your team name. If you have an incredibly difficult time coming up with a team name, one will be assigned to you random.

CONFIRMED TEAMS:

UNCONFIRMED TEAMS

Smash Cadet
Cool Nova, Hopefully things is will work out . Also folkgirl if you moved to baylor that would be really awsome, Anyhow goodluck to you .

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
Hey you guys you wont believe this, I was sitting here at the local waco library watching a roy combo video on youtube, And a guy asked me if i had a gamecube. I told him yea, you know and he started asking about the game and if i play. I told him i did and ask him if he did also, he says he plays every weekend. He also told me their holding a local "Smash Tourny " at Fx game store, any other waco player should check in and sign up. We could use this to meet up with eachother.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
lol we already had a waco thread, but i guess another one isnt bad either. im still really rusty at melee but im willing to play. any good smash 64 players?

pogo

Smash Apprentice
i'd be down for playing anyone..I am pretty sure I am the best at Baylor..there's a couple other guys here who are pretty good..but on the big scale we're pretty bad.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
anyone up for some freindly practice tonight? its friday and i got nothing to do so im bored as hell! and UGC, post some contact info, like aim or msn or whatnot

pogo

Smash Apprentice
the TSTC player I heard about I thinkwent by the name of Zeus or something. There's another guy over there I played a year or so ago named vex..i duno if he's on the boards or anything though. There's usually this guy here at Baylor who hosts tournaments..it's pretty nice and usually well run. I'll see if he's doing one this november

Smash Cadet
^ Cool, Im sure we can do something. Pogo sign up for the game crazy tourny if you can, The more the better.

Shiken, i use msn, but i dont sign on too much.

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
I dont know if we can do anything today Nova isnt that much into smash, I need to find anew crew old one is good great even, but man there not up to level. I need better people to play, I guess nova is my rival now, but once i'll leave, i dont know if will be able to keep up.

Also if we do rankings, It should go
by smashfest and local tournament wins.

Ultra Nova

Smash Apprentice
You need to tone that ego down a bit sora, and what's this whole " Nova isn't into smash thing". Where have you been the last 4yrs? Anyway when is the exact date for the tourny?

Smash Cadet
well I dont really know, but I just found out there are like 20 more people in waco that plays this game that arent members of this site, if you guys know anyone try to get them to join this site.

Sora, Nova. You guys like goku and vegeta are something ? Whos the best out of you two ?

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
You need to tone that ego down a bit sora, and what's this whole " Nova isn't into smash thing". Where have you been the last 4yrs? Anyway when is the exact date for the tourny?
Nova what are you talking about ? My ego has nothing to do with this. Im just stating whats facts, balenceing school and work. Your not as into the game as use to be. Thats all im saying, Then you remembered what happened when ( we or I ) Invited some new smash players over for a crew battle. Your dad got pretty pissed. And the last 4 years been a mix of tournys,Playing at home, Few times with my cousins, And playing you guys ( mostly). What does that have to do with anything? And you know anthoney can only have company if his mom and wanda are home.

Oh does any of you guys know a kid named " Ishmel " he goes to " University " he's pretty good, we played this saturday. Oh and sorry shiken i didnt have your number with me at the time, I would have called you over to play.

Ultra Nova

Smash Apprentice
Yeah UGC me and sora are like goku and vegeta with me being the goku. Its kinda funny that you noticed. We have been like this for about 7yrs. which is about how long we have knew each other.

Sora I'm surprised your underestimating me. You don't worry I'll still have plenty of time for smash. And just cause my dad got mad doesn't mean anything. We can just go to were Ishmel plays and play there.

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
Nova, you know its bad to double post. You'll have some random die-hard fan bashing you. Eheh, Sorry I did I guess i should have known better. But it is true, I am the best in waco without a doubt, I kicked so much butt my feet hurt.

That battle with tree really open'ed up the locked gate for me Nova, Now i feel like i can reach the next level of super sayian. * wispers this with an over dramatic voice * Super sayain....3 Anway whats up with this weekend How are things looking ?

Yo People Hosting a waco tourny, This "November 18 " $5-10 dollars to get in. 5 for 1 person, 10 for teams. There will be two sets, One for a solo cup, then another for a crew cup.
Winner of gets the entry munny. Location will be out soon.

Smash Cadet
Nova, you know its bad to double post. You'll have some random die-hard fan bashing you. Eheh, Sorry I did I guess i should have known better. But it is true, I am the best in waco without a doubt, I kicked so much butt my feet hurt.

That battle with tree really open'ed up the locked gate for me Nova, Now i feel like i can reach the next level of super sayian. * wispers this with an over dramatic voice * Super sayain....3 Anway whats up with this weekend How are things looking ?

Yo People Hosting a waco tourny, This "November 18 " $5-10 dollars to get in. 5 for 1 person, 10 for teams. There will be two sets, One for a solo cup, then another for a crew cup.
Winner of gets the entry munny. Location will be out soon.
^ LoL. Anyway ill post it on the frontpage with an update, And you all can just call me kidd.
UGC stands for "Under Ground Community" But yea, I dont stay n waco, but I am nearby.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Keep this biatch updated you guys. I need to play someone in Waco. Sign me up for whatever you're planning.

I'm there Nov. 18

Smash Cadet
^ lol will do , You should try to play againts Nova and Sora's crew. I think they are the most active members outside of the this site for the waco area. Oh wilhelmsan ,Im going to add your name to the waco list.

Smash Cadet
Pogo the tournament is this weekend its on saturday, if im not mistaken. Are you willing to come and play the best of waco, will you be there ? and just so were all clear, who will participateing in the tournament ?

siballstar

Smash Rookie
Thanks Kidd for letting me know about the tournament. Once ya'll give me a time and place, me and Zeus will be up there. Well, i might have to work so I might not be able to stay. We've pretty much played everybody at TSTC so it would be nice to play some new people. We just gotta know fast if this thing is even happening so we can leave for Thanksgiving.

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
sora, i love you man, you make me laugh.
:laugh: heh, thanks man, I try my best

Thanks Kidd for letting me know about the tournament. Once ya'll give me a time and place, me and Zeus will be up there. Well, i might have to work so I might not be able to stay. We've pretty much played everybody at TSTC so it would be nice to play some new people. We just gotta know fast if this thing is even happening so we can leave for Thanksgiving.
Well as of now, We can move it to this coming up Sunday if it need be, The 19. Nova will be able to make also if we did that. And sorry about the place and time, its will be confirmed by tomorrow that I can promise. If my brother let me have it at his place we'll be playing on a Big Screen Tv. But There are kids coming that arent members of this site so be expecting more people.

Smash Cadet
Umm so how many of you guys from this site are goin?siballster, what time do you have to work ?

siballstar

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty much working all weekend but if y'all moved it to Sunday, I could probably go because I get off at five.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Well as of now, We can move it to this coming up Sunday if it need be, The 19. Nova will be able to make also if we did that. And sorry about the place and time, its will be confirmed by tomorrow that I can promise. If my brother let me have it at his place we'll be playing on a Big Screen Tv. But There are kids coming that arent members of this site so be expecting more people.
That's good, but it's coming soon. So get a location down.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Right now they're just listing members not ranking them.

Just don't rank people and it's all good.

You can have a tournament to decide who's best, just don't try to decide who's 2nd and 3rd best and etc.

Or at least don't post about it in any official manner

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
Soooo, I believe DrDrew might wanna close this?

No city rankingzzzz
Man looks like someone had a big breakfest of hateraid this morning, Lucky you dont live in waco >.>. This guy mad, and tryna take us down n stuff. What a loser.

Right now they're just listing members not ranking them.

Just don't rank people and it's all good.

You can have a tournament to decide who's best, just don't try to decide who's 2nd and 3rd best and etc.

Or at least don't post about it in any official manner
Cool we understand, better we know now. Wont plan on it, Just out of curiosity ummm why cant we ? Also im sure its okay if we post the results, Right ?

That's good, but it's coming soon. So get a location down.
The location is 3425, 21st and dorthy.
Landmarks: Northwaco ( school ), Melvins ( store ) Family dollar ( store, HEB )
The place is between " Family dollar, and HEB

Top Bottom