• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Utah Power Rankings (last updated on - Brawl: 03/08/10 Melee: 01/10/10)

DZLE

Smash Master
It's chill you didn't know. But just so you know Marco(also one of my sluts :laugh:) is off limits. Add Yaz and David to that list too
WHAT?! I was gonna take Marco, and Yaz, and DAVID. I didnt know we had a pimp around here.... (you.)

I will buy them. 1 Golden coin.

C!Z

Smash Lord
WHAT?! I was gonna take Marco, and Yaz, and DAVID. I didnt know we had a pimp around here.... (you.)

I will buy them. 1 Golden coin.
Yeah you know how I do haha. But not really 'round there anymore that's why I gots ta keep a close eye on my paper makers lol I might sell em out but there's got to be at least 1 more gold coin for each of David's t!ts, they're almost priceless

DZLE

Smash Master
Yeah you know how I do haha. But not really 'round there anymore that's why I gots ta keep a close eye on my paper makers lol I might sell em out but there's got to be at least 1 more gold coin for each of David's t!ts, they're almost priceless
They are pretty amazing... I will definitely think about it, sir.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
Haha all right was just makin sure you still play at least both.
***got why did you leave!?!?! Im like melee less :'(
I had tons of fun playing youuu. anyways you should have played me before you left. i had a marth,captain, and fox prepared for you

C!Z

Smash Lord
***got why did you leave!?!?! Im like melee less :'(
I had tons of fun playing youuu. anyways you should have played me before you left. i had a marth,captain, and fox prepared for you
you know dam well that I wanted too! You shoulda came over s!ut.

DZLE

Smash Master
@Staz Ouch..... Staz I love you though... Vegas conflicted with work D: And I almost got fired, ASK FATE

@Dryu you know you will love me forever, not even a little bit, but a LOTTA BIT.

You guys should come to the tourney today... especially staz, cause i havent seen him since I owned h- errr had some good friendlies with him in my basement.

I <3 you guys.

DZLE

Smash Master
haha I wish! sleepover down here this weekend!

I do need to own some fate, but he gets mad when we talk about it on smashboards.
What night could I come sleep over?

I work Saturday 12-9, and sunday 12-6

But if you guys have school off monday tuesday like I do, we could do it like sunday night :D

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I've ignored it for long enough, hoping that you guys will be smart enough to notice that this is the wrong thread to post these things in, but I guess I'm giving you too much credit, so now I'm speaking up. This is not the place to talk about a Vegas trip, wanting to go to PnT, wanting to "own some Fate", how Diddy is too good, plan sleepovers, etc.
Since this thread was started by me, I have the responsibility to keep it on topic, so if you continue, then Moderators will get involved.

Staz

Smash Lord
dude DZLE lets go to vegas in juuuune:bee: lets smash sometime soon too :lick:

on topic: DZLE will soon be on the power rankings *cough cough*

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
David=Dai-A=1st in state. David probably feels the same way I do about friendlies though LOL. But still, nice job on beating him. Keep practicing and if you work hard enough you can get up there. That's what these Power Rankings are for- making people want to get better and become more competitive.

Here's a quote from PC on the first page XD
So I just had an interesting conversation with X, and he is complaining about how he's third, despite his better consistency and placing higher than Kenny the majority of the time. So I explained to him how it was extremely close, how Kenny did better recently (which it's weighted to do so), quoting the reason I posted in the old Power Rankings thread to help with that, and then said that if he does better than Kenny this upcoming weekend, he'll most likely jump ahead of Kenny. Then the following things were said...

X: still i wanna be 2nddd! and i guess ima actually have to train
X: bahh, i hate training
PC: Good, the Power Rankings did what it was meant for.
X: :ohwell:
X: ?????
X: made ppl wanna be betteR?
X: thats what it did for me at melee :p

So, as you can see, the list has begun to work its magic (and we aren't even two hours into its existence, yet). :laugh:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Huh, I just noticed something. I've seen other Ranked threads go up to 15 or even 20. Why don't we do that? I know our smash scene isn't that big, but there are that many.

My guess, other than there really aren't that many Utah players, is it'd be too hard to account for that many people?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Ones that go up that high are places like cali or texas or other places with a TON of smashers. Like having regular tournies with 100+ people. We don't have enough to have that many on the power rankings.

Plus, it makes it more competitive to have a smaller list. For example, if a person gets to 13th on that list, they may be content to just be on the list. But if there are only 10 then they will feel the need to get better than the 10th person to get on there. Therefore they will become better than they would have if they had been awarded 13th in state.

Ok, I'm horrible at giving examples, I know. But hopefully you get the point of it.

Also, since our scene is so small, it could be really hard to fill those extra five spots because there aren't that many more people, and it could become more "who should we exclude?" which is ******** LOL.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Yeah, I think Kenny did a really good job explaining why it's only top-10 instead of top-20 (he included all the main reasons); I couldn't have said it better myself (but who knows...I might have ;)).

Actually, there is another reason that Kenny didn't include that I would like to add...
Since our tournaments only usually get attendance in the teens (low-twenties at best), it would be really hard to decide who should rank higher than another on the lower spectrum of the list, since those people usually only play around 2-4 rounds before getting eliminated (much less than the constant high-placers).
But this is almost like a result of the "We don't have enough to have that many on the power rankings" problem.
If we constantly get over (or at least near) 30 people at every tournament, then it might be possible to bump it up to top-15 (that still wouldn't be enough for top-20), but until then, it's best if we stick with top-10. Until then, try HARDER (both to get better in the game, and in recruitment of Smashers).

I have to get out of 10th spot! I'm definitely going to try harder.

See...DRyu's going to try harder. But then again, since he said, "I have to get out of 10th spot," you all who are not on the list can grant his wish for him by bumping him OFF of 10th, and the list completely. :p

DZLE

Smash Master
If we extended it to 15 or 20, I would be on there for sure... which is scary, because im not even that great yet.

Im shooting for top 10, end of story.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
If it's extended to 15 or 20 right now, you would NOT be on there FOR SURE. Reason: You are not even eligible to be considered for ranking, yet. You need to attend at least three tournaments, with at least 1 being a Metal Awesome. So the earliest you can start being qualified would be after MA12; that is, if you attend MA11, ToF6, AND MA12 (i.e. the list after the upcoming list).

DZLE

Smash Master
If it's extended to 15 or 20 right now, you would NOT be on there FOR SURE. Reason: You are not even eligible to be considered for ranking, yet. You need to attend at least three tournaments, with at least 1 being a Metal Awesome. So the earliest you can start being qualified would be after MA12; that is, if you attend MA11, ToF6, AND MA12 (i.e. the list after the upcoming list).
I have been to the last ToF, so wouldnt it be MA11, and then ToF6?
Because that makes three...

But, seriously, from all the people that have come to ToF (I cant say much about ma yet) I wouldnt doubt I am top 20 of whos been there.

You guys seriously underestimate me.

PC, we played like two matches together. I dunno how hard you were trying, but I have gotten 600% better than those matches. I will not underestimate you, but people really, honestly, have underestimated me, and its starting to get on my nerves. Nothing I can do but keep smashing.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
You were physically at ToF5, but did you enter Singles that day? It doesn't count unless you actually enter. I don't see you anywhere on the results (unless you entered with a different name).
But regardless of whether you'll be qualified after ToF6 or MA12, since the list is updated after every MA tournament, the end result is the same.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
If you want people to not underestimate you, just do well in tourneys. Simple as that for guy that's gotten 600% better.
I think.

DZLE

Smash Master
If you want people to not underestimate you, just do well in tourneys. Simple as that for guy that's gotten 600% better.
I think.
Thats why all I said I can do is keep smashing, and thats all im gonna do. I am gonna keep my mouth shut about "omg i am dis gud gaiz i culd pwn j00" because im not like that. I talk crap, but its never ever serious. Unless its against Fate.

@PC I see, well regardless i will be attending all either way, so it works out in the end.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, DZLE, since you are so determined to be on there (I like that attitude!), I wish you the best of luck. (Just don't blow any of the next three tournaments like Fate did at ToF5 if you hope to be on the list at the end of February. :laugh:)

DZLE

Smash Master
Well, DZLE, since you are so determined to be on there (I like that attitude!), I wish you the best of luck. (Just don't blow any of the next three tournaments like Fate did at ToF5 if you hope do be on the list at the end of February. :laugh:)
Wow, the first semi-positive-uplifting thing PC has ever said to me, ever. I was beginning to think there was a machine where your heart should be.

I dont have THAT much confidence in myself to be there by the end of february, but I have only been brawling (seriously) for 3 months give or take 2 weeks. Before I started seriously, I hadnt played since it came out. I didnt unlock all the characters til a few weeks ago, and still dont have all the stages... noob DZLE.
Thanks for the good luck, I am definitely going to do my best. I dont hold anything back.
And dont worry, I wont mess up like Fate, because soon him decimating me will be a memory.

Top Bottom