• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Utah Power Rankings (last updated on - Brawl: 03/08/10 Melee: 01/10/10)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
That image has the opposite effect on me. I have a widescreen monitor (1440x900), but I also use the Revolution skin, which has a set width (the other two skins stretch to fit your screen), so the image forces the page to be wider, making it more convenient (for me). :)

Maybe I'll add a 1400x1 pixel, transparent image into my signature to make all of the pages like that... :p That would probably annoy a lot of people, and would probably get me a warning at the very least, though. :(

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Maybe I'll add a 1400x1 pixel, transparent image into my signature to make all of the pages like that... :p That would probably annoy a lot of people, and would probably get me a warning at the very least, though. :(

Hahaha Rebel!PC

Lanky is too good.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Wow, I've been slacking off.
I guess I need to put a little more commitment if I want to move up in the PRs.

___X___

Smash Lord
so how is the water always cold on my wang?

oh and JOKE, your sig is the funniest thing i have seen in a long time hahaha.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Spudz ranked 17th, 9th, 7th, 9th, 9th, 17th, and 13th (in reverse chronological order). There are about 3-5 people that aren't top-10 that have a better record than him.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but I just don't see why you would think the should be on the top 10.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
but i still think he should be lol.

in friendlies he pulls off all of this crap; he does worse at tournies and ***** in friendlies.

EDIT: this is only my opinion so don't get all pissy
That's too bad then.
Tourney results are what matters in rankings.

Plus, a lot of people don't give it their all in friendlies.

DZLE

Smash Master
Spudz ranked 17th, 9th, 7th, 9th, 9th, 17th, and 13th (in reverse chronological order). There are about 3-5 people that aren't top-10 that have a better record than him.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but I just don't see why you would think the should be on the top 10.
Agreed, Spudz is good and is definitely getting better, but according to stats and according to skill guage-ing, he isnt up there.

in friendlies he pulls off all of this crap; he does worse at tournies and ***** in friendlies.

PC wasnt getting Pissy, just stating the Facts.
That's too bad then.
Tourney results are what matters in rankings.

Plus, a lot of people don't give it their all in friendlies.
I find it hard to give it my all in friendless. Actually, its impossible. No motivation.
I am sure many people are like this.
So maybe he pulls off this "crap" because the people he plays are obviously worse than him or arent even trying because its friendly.

For example, when I came into the scene, the first tourney I went to, I played Kenny's Snake and beat him with my D3. Obviously he wasnt trying, he even said so.
I also beat Dryu with my D3. His pokemon trainer. again, wasnt trying.

Friendlies are just that, friendly!

(not in melee though. Thats all about srsz biznuss.)

And im bored....

harpuia190

Smash Ace
For example, when I came into the scene, the first tourney I went to, I played Kenny's Snake and beat him with my D3. Obviously he wasnt trying, he even said so.

more like kenny johns

speaking of johns, i have no idea who i want to play

and i need to do good at bust must +

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Mostly everyone never gives it their all in friendlies. I never do. The most I'll ever go balls out on is an entire stock then I get tired of trying. So stuff you can do in friendlies doesn't count for anything. Tourney is where it really matters.

LOL @ DZLE's comment. I remember the first time I played you- too funny. I was laying on my back looking at the TV upside down. I don't think I even had to say anything for you to know that..

Jesse, you should go ICs. No johns.

wangston

Smash Lord
Rade play and main wario already. He is a good character and you will do well with him.

PLAYING UKCING WARIO ALREADY!!!!!!!!

DZLE

Smash Master
Mostly everyone never gives it their all in friendlies. I never do. The most I'll ever go balls out on is an entire stock then I get tired of trying. So stuff you can do in friendlies doesn't count for anything. Tourney is where it really matters.

LOL @ DZLE's comment. I remember the first time I played you- too funny. I was laying on my back looking at the TV upside down. I don't think I even had to say anything for you to know that..

Jesse, you should go ICs. No johns.
Hahaha yeah you were like on your back half asleep looking at the tv upside down and didnt even say a word
(Do that in a tourney match and I bet you will beat me :D)
IC's huh? hmm hmm hmm

i should just mirror maych everyone
That would be so awesome! It would annoy the other person immensely. Besides me. Mirror Matches on New Pork.
Rade, go MK for one PnT tourney.
I just want to see how that turns out. LOL
I didnt know you supported this, Minato.
Rade play and main wario already. He is a good character and you will do well with him.

PLAYING UKCING WARIO ALREADY!!!!!!!!
I was playing around with WarioR last night lol it was actually really cool. He isnt bad by any means and I loked up some combo videos that made me lol quite a few times. I dont nkow what it is about him he is just a funny character. you should totally main him rade.

DZLE

Smash Master
Remember, I was part of the minority that was against the Meta Knight ban.
Banning characters is stupid. Plus MK's fun to use.
I was very against it as well, friend.
I like the character.
Just dont like playing him, because EVERYBODY johns.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Just dont like playing him, because EVERYBODY johns.
But that's the best part. Because then you can look them in the eye and say, "No Johns"
I even let new people at PnT 2 stock me when I was Meta Knight so I could convince him he doesn't mean auto-win.

Mission Failed:(

But I think people are starting to let it slide by, so I might try to pick him up again. (Because I apparently pick "top tier")

On topic: I'm really going to have to try my hardest if I want to get back on the Power Rankings. ToF really kills me. :(

harpuia190

Smash Ace
fine wang i will practice with sexy wario :D

and PC he was actually the first character i played in brawl

DZLE

Smash Master
In my opinion Waff much more deserves the 10th spot than lanky.

Thats just me though.... My input.
Whenever I go against lanky, he wins, its close, or I win, evenly amount of times.

Whenever I go against waff, I NEVER WIN. EVER.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
fine wang i will practice with sexy wario :D

and PC he was actually the first character i played in brawl
Well, I think I actually remember that match. I think it was on a custom stage, you manage to get Wario Man off once (and was all ecstatic about it), and I also got Super Sonic off.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
Well, I think I actually remember that match. I think it was on a custom stage, you manage to get Wario Man off once (was as all ecstatic about it), and I also got Super Sonic off.
haha wario man is epic, but yep it was that one level where you could get stuck down there if your recovery wasnt good, (and i hadnt tried bike jumping yet) so i was lucky enough to have it come down to me :D

wario is way cool

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I'd love to see Wario in a tourney. He's really the only character I don't see at tournies, seeing as how the low tier guys are used when we're never serious, and the high tiers are already taken.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace

Everything is much more difficult to do in tournament than friendlies. If you don't understand that, then you haven't been to a real tournament.

If you can't do it when it counts, then you effectively can't do it at all.

Geekhead

Smash Apprentice
Everything is much more difficult to do in tournament than friendlies. If you don't understand that, then you haven't been to a real tournament.

If you can't do it when it counts, then you effectively can't do it at all.
Yes i do understand that. i have been to around 4 or 5 ToFs and know the difference. im just his bud and have to say it :chuckle:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Heh, good friend.

Spudz is good, he's just not there yet. I do think he will make the top ten at some point. Maybe in the next couple of months?

Wow, a lot of competition between Waff and myself. I'm kinda hoping we end up facing each other at UST. How epic would that be?

Although, how cool would it be if we both ended up ranked 10th and had a vote?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Although, how cool would it be if we both ended up ranked 10th and had a vote?

I think that happened once with Minato and Waffle Can.

so i guess im gonna be bumped up to 2nd in state, or maybe first, RIGHT RIGHT?? :D
Come to this upcoming tournament and do as good as or better than Kenny, then chances will be good (for the former).

Top Bottom