• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Utah Power Rankings (last updated on - Brawl: 03/08/10 Melee: 01/10/10)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Things that help one qualify to be a good panel member would be:
  • Being active in the community (i.e. going to many tournaments)
  • Being online often (which is linked to the former), that way, it's easier for members to communicate or have discussion for list updates.
  • Not biased (or at least as little as possible).
  • A good sense of responsibility.
  • Capable of participating in an intellectual conversation.
  • Able to judge skill-level effectively.
Actually, looking at these criterias, you would actually make a decent panel member, Lanky.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
WARNING!
NEW PANEL MEMBER APPROACHING!!

Dark Ryu has official replaced Dai-A as a panel member!

The first thread and SmashWiki page is up to date.
Also, I decided to do a little touch up on Pit's wings for the rankings image, since the wings didn't come out that well when I originally extracted it. I feel bad for using that hideous black Pit (that I quickly and sloppily edited a long time ago), so I'm trying to make up for it. I also swapped Popo/Nana from one side to the other, and put Nana in front of Popo, since I realized that Nana is the one you control for the double-white ICs color.

vazor

Smash Apprentice
Congrats DRyu!
Nice PC; your attention to detail amazes and astounds me. No wonder you're our dictator.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Congrats DRyu.

I had a feeling that he was going to be replacing Dai-A as a panel member.

wangston

Smash Lord
LOL at the power rankings after the summer.

X
Kevin
Dryu
Staz
Fate

and then 5 other people hahahahha!!!! A sonic being best in state, no one will take Utah seriously.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Yaz is mormon, he will die just like the rest of them.

Also wangston you forget the mexi's wont have a ride with out kenny so that makes the list:

1.Fate
2-10. ?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
The mexi's goal then is to get a car before Kenny leaves! Hurry, you must achieve this goal before things go all crazy with the rankings!

I predict the top ten will end up consisiting of Fate, Minato, Waff, DZLE, Spudz, Joke, Friar, gangstakirby, sada, and myself (not in that order, mind you) if all this ends up coming to past.

Unless one of those guys up there is mormon...in which case....there are too many mormons in this d*** state...

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
I will have a car in the summer. So rides won't be stopping me;)
As for power rankings, you forgot it will go:
X
LadaBot
dRyuDong
StazStation
Waff
Rade

dRyu Edit: Oh and Wangston, your spot is mine by the end of this month. Count on it, big boy;)

harpuia190

Smash Ace
2 things
first i thought i was above waff,

second waff should get his call tomorrow

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
This is to depressing to see us comming up with powerrankings for after people die this summer. Lets leave it how it is when people slowly catch the plague and die off we'll handle it then.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
You guys should start thinking of two new panel members as well, since they'll be leaving.

We SERIOUSLY need to advertise Brawl more, or else this place is gonna be depressing as hell.

These events haven't happened, and already we're frantic and everything is depressing...

DZLE

Smash Master
Attention.
I think I would make a good panel member.
I have already been advertising all over my school (who cares if they are snobby high school kids? its a smash scene revival.) and have hook ups with the SBO, and some commitee deal, So I could garuntee flyers around the school.
Thats like 1000 people seeing it a day!
I also could make a freaking banner to hang up in the commons that says WANT TO SMASH?! BLAH BLAH PNT BLAH BLAH UST BLAH.
Cause im cool like that.

Also, after everyone is doing the lords work, (i respect this sort of thing)
I better be on that top 10. I am too good to not be.

Anyway,
DZLE for future prez (e.g. panel member)

DZLE

Smash Master
lol wow, the panel has NOTHING to do with adversising. Although you should do that anyway.
We all know im not biased at all.
I can judge skill with the best of them.
I attend like every tourney.
I always bring a wii.
I am like a deity worth of worship in this case

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I don't think that's for you to decide DZLE. It's for the remaining panel members to decide who they want in.

Personally, I piss people who do what DZLE does off by NOT letting them in. I'm a b****** that way...

DZLE

Smash Master
I don't think that's for you to decide DZLE. It's for the remaining panel members to decide who they want in.

Personally, I piss people who do what DZLE does off by NOT letting them in. I'm a b****** that way...
You piss people off by telling them how well they are doing to help the scene grow? And help tourneys be more enjoyable?
So nice lanky.
Anyway /spam

DZLE

Smash Master
That's why I got chosen. :]
I didn't even want to be panel member lol.

Anyways yeah we need to get more advertising.
Well it is safe to say I am doing a lot of it.

Lanky, I wasnt jumping up and down saying pick me pick me innapropriately and immaturely.
I simply stated in a calm and collected way why I should be considered for future panel member.

If i dont get to be one, no hair off my chest, I continue to do what i do.
I just want to further contribute to my local smash scene as much as possible.
I dont want it to die, and from what you keep posting you dont either.

wangston

Smash Lord
I predict the top ten will end up consisiting of Fate, Minato, Waff, DZLE, Spudz, Joke, Friar, gangstakirby, sada, and myself (not in that order, mind you) if all this ends up coming to past.
Minato is moving to California. Waff, joke, friar are all mormon and leaving on a mission some time this summer.

DZLE

Smash Master
Then it will be
1: DZLE
2: Fate
3: Lanky
4: Spudz
5: TCS
6: PC

hoorah for utah top 6.

this doesnt matter though this is like 3 years out

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Minato is moving to California. Waff, joke, friar are all mormon and leaving on a mission some time this summer.
Awesome.
So the new top ten will consist of the whole Brawl community; now no one will feel left out.

We really need more people to join the scene.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I'm sixth?! Before I stopped trying and stopped entering singles, I was actually 4th on the mathematical list, just below David, X, and Lada. Maybe after everyone leaves, I'll enter again... :chuckle:

DZLE

Smash Master
I'm sixth?! Before I stopped trying and stopped entering singles, I was actually 4th on the mathematical list, just below David, X, and Lada. Maybe after everyone leaves, I'll enter again... :chuckle:
Ok Ok.
1: PC
2: DZLE
3: Everyone else because PC just rollouts all over them

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
You forget Bruce, Hots, and Tsu will be back by then. Your list is full of fail!!!

edit: and somthing/someone will have killed Lanky by then.

edit edit: and you forget when it comes to me and you, im always on top.

DZLE

Smash Master
You forget Bruce, Hots, and Tsu will be back by then. Your list is full of fail!!!

Yeah but for how much longer? Neither of us know that

Minato

穏やかじゃない

Homo. J/K

It'll be interesting to see how the PR change once people move.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
panel survey

So I was doing some thinking the other day, and wanted to know what everyone thinks about the current panel and how it is voting. That being said I asked PC for a few bits of info that he was glad to give me. *tries to high five PC...but PC just stands their*

This is just the list of who has attended the last 4 events and are eligible to be on the power rankings. (that being one of the requirments for making it on the top 10) This list is from A-Z.

CorruptFate
Dai-A
Dark Ryu
Friar
Jellyfishn
Joke
Ken Neth
Lada
lanky_gunner
Minato
Rade
Sada
Sexy Yaz
spudzalot
Staz
vazor
Waffle Can
wangston
X

(If your name is on this list you are welcome to vote)

And here is the math matical data showing how each person has placed all the way from MA1 to MA12. Peoples names are orders from lowest average from the last four events to the highest average.

If you would all please send me a PM ranking each person (Please keep the names in the order they are in and just put the ranking you think they should get next to their name that would be very nice. ex.
CorruptFate [X]
Dai-a [Y]).

I will average these numbers out to get an idea of how Utah smash thinks the list should look. Please have your votes to my by 12:00 Friday night 03/06/09, any votes after that time will not be counted.

Notes:

1) Their is a rule that pannel members can not vote for themselfs and that same rule applys here as well.
2) This is in no way offical, and will not carry any weight when panel members are voting.
3) This list may be looked at by anyone (but only the offical UT panel members will get to see how each person voted)
4) Please take this seriously, if you don't want to vote you don't have to. (If/when the time comes to get new panel members this list may be looked at to see who can take the job seriously.
5) When sending me the PM put the title as "*your name* Votes".

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
LOL When I first read "I could care less", I was going to correct it if no one else has by the time I reach the bottom of the page. But it looks like I don't have to. :laugh:
But anyway, Dark Ryu, you don't get to vote on this, since you're a panel member, so it doesn't matter if you want to or not.

And actually, that list is of people who qualify to be ranked (and by the way you worded it in the PM to me, it seems that's what you're asking for). But in that post of yours, you said, "This is just the list of who has attended the last 4 events," which isn't true. People who came to the last four doesn't necessarily equal people who qualify to be ranked (they still need to make it to at least one MA in the past, and at least three tournaments altogether).

So do you want the list of everyone that has entered singles in the last four tournaments, or is this list of people who qualify to be ranked good? (If the latter, then I would advise you edit that little line that I quoted.)

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I thought I asked for the names of the people who attended singles of the last for, but either way works. Having the names of those who are able to be ranked makes it better anyway.

Top Bottom